⸻ ɴᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇɴᴛ ɴᴏʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ.{one on one}{fantasy}{medieval}{OCs}

Started by paperdoll, December 18, 2018, 08:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paperdoll

Hi! I'm Z, new to E and currently waiting for approval. I mostly write for fantasy OCs set in original lore. The genre I write is high fantasy, much like Witcher or Dragon Age (if you need an example). Romance, angst, adventure, action, I'm down for everything. Most of my writing includes trigger themes and I also do adult RP. But as by the rules, this post will be PG13. 

Something's you'd like to know:

• I prefer RP in third person.
  • I prefer to match the length of RP partner but there are no restrictions! Short or long, whatever you feel is necessary.
  • I prefer OCs, but if you have a good AU concept for interaction, that's chill too!
  • If this roleplay gets taken, and you'd still like to write with me, just hmu!

A little intro to my character:

❉ - Elektra Hawke is a mage. But that's not all. Both, her story and her existence, are complicated. You'll learn more about it as we write.

❉ - Hawke's birth name is Elektra Cézanne, with which she hadn't been familiar until seventeen. 'Hawke' is her chosen name, and she prefers it, strongly.

❉ - Her eyes bear an exact resemblance to her mother's. Blue isn't a common eye color where she's from and it is further classified as a rarity as the signature Zyphorian trait. A plethora of blue shades, each different from the other, can be spotted within their irises. Their eccentric beauty is one of the reasons why Zyphorian eyes are glorified in literature and are often compared to the stars.

❉ - Her original hair color was golden, but midnight black slowly started to take its place after the first introduction of the Ephialtis' essence into her through experiments.

❉ - The Elthīnis(cult) had Düra(a caretaker) train Hawke in combat to put her through physically straining tasks and see if she could withstand magical assaults. The training was never completed, but Hawke picked up alot more things during her time with her party. Her first romantic interest taught her how to utilize her magic, and after that her skills prospered as a result of extensive study and practice of infamous grimoires and spell books.

❉ - The taboo has always attracted her curiosity, and due to her dark ventures, she's developed quite a notorious rep as a mage.

❉ - Mild claustrophobia only heightened under extreme stress, prohibits Hawke from spending too much time in closed spaces, especially prison cells and immensely small rooms.

❉ - Hawke suffered at the hands of the Ephüls unmeasurably. So much so that her mind has repressed many of the memories of her early years. Anything that triggers these memories can render her momentarily helpless.

❉ - She has dealt with prolonged periods of extreme psychosis, she still experiences it, rather often on her bad days. Hearing voices in her head, seeing things that a sane mind may question, experiencing certain moments over and over again.

❉ - Hawke has a taste for finer things in life; exotic wine, expensive clothing, and various other luxuries. However, she never allows a bed of roses to become a necessity for her, and can tolerate harsh environments.

❉ - Staying put is an ability she's completely devoid of. Long travels to faraway lands and off-world adventures are what she lives for. They might not always be planned since she tends to get herself into trouble a lot.

❉ - She has a persona with many contrasting qualities; where Hawke can practically charm almost anyone, she also tends to be painfully candid; even though she's s e e m i n g l y reserved, she can be awfully volatile.

How she proceeds in a certain situation depends upon the circumstance; her deductions help her decide whether persuasion is best done with words or a fist.

❉ - There exists a subcurrent of indecorous mannerism in Hawke's demeanor that makes itself rather obvious on certain occasions, particularly amongst nobles and rich prudes. Annlôv's court was practically baffled by her behavior, and a majority of them consider her to be underbred.

This contumelious streak comes from a significant lack of respect for those in glass houses that have their walls curtained by refined ignorance.

❉ - Those that have had the misfortune of knowing Hawke, personally, are aware that she lacks qualities befitting a typical leader. She might know her way with words, can inspire with her unchecked ambitiousness and can garner respect with her vast knowledge and skill.

But the Council of the Orion Enchanters has witnessed first-hand her signature indifference, laxity, and recklessness.

Somewhat self-serving as she is, Hawke isn't unaware of her vices. Hence, why she surrounds herself with those she completely trusts and leaves certain matters to them.

❉ - Approaches made firmly and with confidence can capture her attention, she'd rarely find interest in meek movements and mumbled words.

❉ - Hawke is not forgiving. She doesn't forgive and she doesn't forget. Those that cross her are steered towards a terrible fate.

❉ - The unique nature of her existence gives her immunity towards counter demonic magicks. Her magic is stronger than that of a typical mage of her realm, and dark arts don't affect her the same way they do others.

This is because her magic is driven by a different source. Theoretically, driven from the Void, which is the absence of everything and the presence of nothing, so it can't really be a source of anything. What, then, fuels her magic? It is a mystery to her, as well as those that have tried to understand this aberration.

❉ - Just as her magic, her life force is an enigma as well. The Ephüls couldn't control the soul, so how could they resurrect a dead newborn? Unless, they didn't, and instead of resurrection, it was a creation.

For a mage with a thirst for knowledge, it makes Hawke suspiciously uncomfortable to delve into the finer details and learn more about her unique state.

❉ - Hawke, for all her fearlessness, is downright afraid of the Elthīnis. They worship her, the hunters sent to capture her are prohibited from hurting her in any permanent manner.

But they can completely disarm her, a few whispers of their dark words deplete her magic and stir the Ephiáltis awake. She struggles to stay in control of herself. And each encounter makes her condition worse.

She knows, if they take her back, she'll be done for.

❉ - Hawke has this habit of rubbing her temple with a digit or two when she's stressed or frustrated.

❉ - She doesn't like asking for help or accepting it.

❉ - She'll wear whatever she likes, revealing or not.

❉ - At the current point of her story, at a rather early stage (in which I'm currently writing), there are but various nips and scratches that already have or will heal with time on her body, otherwise, no deep scarring.

❉ - She has markings/tattoos. But they're not visible, normally.

❉ - Hawke can create weaponry with magic. Other than the use of arcane skills in battle, she can use them to create solid weapons with enough focus. Her staff wasn't created by her, but she used an ancient technique to modify it. It can exist in a pocket realm, chained to a ring of runic markings on her index finger.

❉ - She can share her dreams and memories through a mental link with another, but it is a taxing task and the link is permanent unless of course, forced to be broken. It works both ways, but she doesn't trust anyone well enough to try it with.

❉ - Her fingers are almost always frostbitten, which render her incapable of feeling fine textures and make her fingers feel really cold to the touch.

❉ - Her scent has traces of lavender. There exists a whiff of an exotic flower; the Siren Tear, the petals have a cyan hue and are fragrant, whereas the silver leaves of the plant are lethal to the touch. Evocative of winter, it has a rather sweet note; somewhat like a fusion of rosemary and frozen pine. Its fragrance is impossible to explain in words. She has a vial of perfumed essence which she uses whilst bathing.

❉ - She loves food. And alcohol.

❉ - If you want to drive her attention towards something, just write "Beware; danger" on it.

There's more, but I said brief-

Anyway, here's a starter!

❛...shall purge our land of dark arts!❜

The thick blanket of silence and darkness surrounding her dissolves into the flat voice of a well-aged man, whose words are awarded by cheers from the gathered crowd. Her skull throbs with pain and as she tries to move, she realizes that something is constricting her movements. Her eyelids flutter open, revealing her catastrophic blue irises. Finally, she raises her head, taking in her surroundings.

❛Before you, stand witches, practitioners of necromancy, blood magic, and other unspeakable arts! Before you, stand servants of the Devil. himself!❜

At first, the world is a blur of dull coloration, but as her focus returns, she finds herself tied to a wooden stake next to a pair of bound women. And though they are women, they're odd on the eyes, with their reptilian skin and distorted faces, constantly hissing and screaming at the gathering crowd.

❛They will not be allowed to corrupt the godly ways of our people!❜

Cloaked men and women stand around them, listening to the old man – who holds a torch in his hand – with unflinching devotion. It doesn't take much wit to guess what was happening, but if she did have any doubts, the old executioner rids her of them.

❛And thus, these unnatural abominations shall be put to the flames!❜

The mage rolls her eyes at the announcement of punishment. Realms away from her own world, and she still encounters only fear and hate for magic. Such utter nescience, she thinks. But they'd messed with the wrong mage this time, as there were no restraints in the universe that could hold Hawke captive. Sheer confidence is evident in her azure oculars, even a lack of care, one might think. And the small curl to her painted lips, a prelude to devilish intentions.

The torch is brought toward the first of the restrained witches. The hay piled around the woman quickly catches on to the fire, and as the flames begin to lick away at her, she begins to screech; the sound almost inhuman.

Hawke wills her magic to lash out, to freeze the chains binding her and the others but as she tugs to break herself free, she finds them still intact, untouched by her frost. The mage tries again and is met with the same result. She attempts different spells, some meant to create a barrier around her, some to shatter the stake, and some to cause harm to the executioner—

but none work.

Well, shit.

Panic begins to coil in her chest. That's when she feels it, the enchantment blanketing her body, emanating from the bloodstained pendant tied to the lithe structure of her neck. It is because if it, that she feels so confined as if she's caged; a prisoner within her own body with a nearly non-existent will. The pendant isn't hers, and she has no memory of donning it – in fact, no memory of how she ended up here in the first place.

Who put it on her?

How did these people know that she was a mage?

Why did she not remember being brought here?

Ignoring the lingering pain in her shoulder, she begins to tug at the chains wildly, the bladed talons of her gauntlet clawing at the chain to loosen the grip around her wrists, but once again, her struggles are in vain. All forms of magic fail her; she knows the reason; the pendant is laced with the blood of something powerful, enough to suppress her magic.

❛In the name of all that is Holy, die, you foul creatures!❜

The second stake is now on fire. Screams of agony rise in the air along with the black smoke, and the foul odor of burning flesh. The man steps towards Hawke now, a crazed sneer plastered upon his masked visage, his beady eyes glaring at her with liquid hatred. Her struggles don't stop, and she keeps trying to overcome the power of the pendant—

even as the fire of the torch is brought upon her.[/font][/size]

Akkas

Hi Z!
Hawke sounds epic!! Every dot of information made me a little more excited about her and there are so many dots, I'm already intrigued by her. I'd love to do an RP with you.

I have an OC who I think would make an interesting match. Her name is Rilika. She was born to hunt down angels, but that was always a bit of a side-job for her. She has had an unlucky encounter with a fellow hunter, and now she is definitely on a break. She is a type of demon, but as an angel hunter she is vulnerable to dark energies. She can use good energies, those even make her stronger. She can also create weapons with her magic, although they cannot harm people and things that are naturally evil (like demons). That creation skill is not limited to weaponry, she could also make other objects, as long as it's not too big.

Your starter is so great, and I would love to find out (even) more about Hawke. Want to do an RP with me?

paperdoll

Quote from: Akkas on December 18, 2018, 02:28:30 PM
Hi Z!
Hawke sounds epic!! Every dot of information made me a little more excited about her and there are so many dots, I'm already intrigued by her. I'd love to do an RP with you.

I have an OC who I think would make an interesting match. Her name is Rilika. She was born to hunt down angels, but that was always a bit of a side-job for her. She has had an unlucky encounter with a fellow hunter, and now she is definitely on a break. She is a type of demon, but as an angel hunter she is vulnerable to dark energies. She can use good energies, those even make her stronger. She can also create weapons with her magic, although they cannot harm people and things that are naturally evil (like demons). That creation skill is not limited to weaponry, she could also make other objects, as long as it's not too big.

Your starter is so great, and I would love to find out (even) more about Hawke. Want to do an RP with me?

Hello! I am so glad that you like her!

Rilika sounds amazing, as well! And I agree, it'd be interesting. I 'd also like to get to know more about her. I actually have angel OC too! She is a part of Hawke's story.

Thank you and oh, definitely, I'd love to give you more details! And RP with you. I'm new to E, btw.

Akkas

Quote from: paperdoll on December 18, 2018, 02:46:44 PM

Hello! I am so glad that you like her!

Rilika sounds amazing, as well! And I agree, it'd be interesting. I 'd also like to get to know more about her. I actually have angel OC too! She is a part of Hawke's story.

Thank you and oh, definitely, I'd love to give you more details! And RP with you. I'm new to E, btw.

Thank you  ;D

Oh, nice! If everything goes well, maybe someday we could make more of our OCs meet.

I'm so impressed by how many details you can give :o. If I had to fill half the dots, I wouldn't even know how to do that.
Would you like to exchange more details here, or discover them during the RP?  :-) Or a bit of both, of course.

I'm new here too, it's almost two weeks since my first visit here. Happy to meet you  ;D

paperdoll

I sure hope so!

I actually have a lot more, lmao. I've been writing Hawke for over almost two years now and I'm planning to put her in a book. That's why I've got so much.

I don't mind discovering them during the RP, it'd be more suspenseful. But if there are important things that you'd like to share, other than what you've explained, I'd love that too!

Pleased to meet you too! I've only been around for a day or two. Waiting on the approval.

Akkas

Hawke definitely deserves her own book. It already sound like her story is immense and I would want to read that book for sure.

I agree. I think that I've mentioned the most important parts... Either way, in each reply I'll try to write any info you might need  ;D If anything is then still unclear, please do ask. :)

Shall we get started? If so, could you then make a new thread in the Non-Adult Roleplays forum with your starter? Then we have the entire story there.

paperdoll

I'll be sure to notify you then!

I think we're good to go! And of course, I'll make a post. I actually didn't know that you were only supposed to post RP requests in this section and not open starters when I posted this. lol.

ShelReed

Hi Z,
I'm also new to E and am awaiting approval too. I have a character named Soora, he's an elf fighter. I feel like he and Hawke would be an odd but, match since he himself has a small but prominent dislike for magic. I'd be happy to share more about him if you're interested.

-Shel