Firefly: The Uncivil Wars - Now Recruiting [Freeform; NC: Sml Groups]

Started by AmberStarfire, February 04, 2016, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Milly can do it in a pinch.  I just wanted to be clear for people looking that a full time mechanic is still very much in play for new characters. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

AmberStarfire

Update revised:

So far we have:
A communications/electrical/martial arts person - approved
A hacking/technical/hand to hand person - awaiting feedback
A firearm/first aid/mechanical person - approved
A pilot with astronavigation skills - under discussion
My ship Captain - awaiting feedback

(and a reserved fighter).

Quote from: Crash on February 08, 2016, 11:24:42 AM
Milly can do it in a pinch.  I just wanted to be clear for people looking that a full time mechanic is still very much in play for new characters. ;)

I guess we'll see if anyone takes on the role.

Aiden

Also we are not closing the roles to just one of each type. Depending on the interest we might go for a bigger ship. If we get enough pilots or even fighters, we can possibly have some one man fighters on board (Ok that might be a bit much...but a pod or even some sort of smaller vessel, ala a companion pod or otherwise could be an option in the future). Not saying we are, but we (GM types) can weave some magic and make things work.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Aiden on February 09, 2016, 10:17:31 AM
Also we are not closing the roles to just one of each type. Depending on the interest we might go for a bigger ship. If we get enough pilots or even fighters, we can possibly have some one man fighters on board (Ok that might be a bit much...but a pod or even some sort of smaller vessel, ala a companion pod or otherwise could be an option in the future). Not saying we are, but we (GM types) can weave some magic and make things work.

If we don't have some at the beginning, maybe we can steal some. :D

From very bad people, obviously, who don't need them as much as we do.

Xerial

I've had a mean interest in the Firefly setting for play for a while. I have an Academy escapee/Engineer I've been meaning to use, given the pilot role is already under consideration and the like. Any need for an engineer who is trying to remember how to be human again?

Crash

Quote from: Xerial on February 09, 2016, 07:07:21 PM
I've had a mean interest in the Firefly setting for play for a while. I have an Academy escapee/Engineer I've been meaning to use, given the pilot role is already under consideration and the like. Any need for an engineer who is trying to remember how to be human again?

We only have one person with minor mechanical skills so an Engineer would be fine I bet.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Xerial

AmberStarfire

A sheet was submitted today for the Engineer role, so I'm waiting to talk to Aiden about it.

Xerial

I can adapt. The pilot I had in mind can be shifted to a Con-Artist/Rake type who can fly shuttles/smaller craft in a pinch.

AmberStarfire

That should be fine. I'd run it by Aiden to make sure, but it's a concept not already covered (at least in a major way. A conman type).

AmberStarfire

*Drops in some mood music*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc4kaRzLIxQ

This is how character sheets currently look. Please bear with us while we go through sheets. Aiden keeps opposite hours to me, so it slows things down a bit.

Updates Revised. I'm going to start putting character names on these otherwise I won't keep track:

(Radio Vixen) Communications/electrical/martial arts - approved
(Milly) Shotgun/first aid/mechanical - approved
(Nammi) Pilot/reflexes/astronavigation - under discussion
(Lindsay Grace) Mechanical engineering/command/tinkered weapons - awaiting feedback (my ship Captain)
(Robert Jones) Pilot/gunslinger/combat - under discussion
(Dimas Lohengrim) Cane/sword/piloting - under discussion
(Aiden's character) Combat - reserved
(Jorgen) Engineering/piloting/athleticism - under discussion
(Caleb Zhang) Computer skills/electrical/hand to hand - finalising sheet

CurvyKitten

4 pilots....hmm perhaps I should try a different idea. Though I was really feeling the one I wrote up so I don't know if I will be able to get a muse for it. Maybe I'll just have to wait for the next one or something.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 10, 2016, 04:30:02 PM
4 pilots....hmm perhaps I should try a different idea. Though I was really feeling the one I wrote up so I don't know if I will be able to get a muse for it. Maybe I'll just have to wait for the next one or something.

I'm fairly sure you submitted your pilot first, but in any case, Aiden was looking at having other ships if we got more people with piloting skills. Don't give up on her just yet. If it's a problem then we'll ask people to choose different skills, but it shouldn't be.

Aiden

It is my firm belief, anyone on a ship should have some degree of skill in multiple stations obboard a ship.

Example a mechanic should know how a ship operates, hence a minor degree in piloting.

But a mechanic would not be a world renown rally or NASCAR racer.

There are degrees of skill. Same thing with a solider/security types, other crew members are expected to hold their own ion a pinch. So having multiple people with the same skill is not a bad thing.

vin26m

I submitted Jorgen, the engineer. 

I'm flexible when it comes to his skills, even with the engineering.  I have his personality in mind already.  His job is just a reason for him to be on the ship.  Still, I'm hoping to play out some engineering scenes.

For comparison with the Serenity crew using this game's character sheet, Inara could be considered to have piloting as a secondary skill.  Or her piloting could not be a secondary skill at all.  Either way, I'm thinking my character's piloting is comparable to Mal or Inara.  They can fly enough that they don't have to be chauffeured around, but they also can't do Crazy Ivans or Barn Swallows or crash landings or moving train heists.

Multiple pilots is doable.  Wash, Mal, Inara, River - four pilots (or three at a time), one ship (with two shuttles).

Amber, would you please put player names with their characters?

Xerial

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 10, 2016, 04:30:02 PM

In fairness, Eccentricity is not the guy you want to trust to pilot the ship unless things go pear shaped. He tends to steal ships. His piloting skills are best used in creating distractions, or making things mighty inconvenient for folk who mean the crew wrong... because you can't exactly chase us if your ship's gone.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: vin26m on February 10, 2016, 11:02:23 PM
Amber, would you please put player names with their characters?

Sure. These are the sheets with player names.

(Elven Sex Goddess) (Radio Vixen) Communications/electrical/martial arts - approved
(Crash) (Milly) Shotgun/first aid/mechanical - approved
(CurvyKitten) (Nammi) Pilot/reflexes/astronavigation - approved
(AmberStarfire) (Lindsay Grace) Mechanical engineering/command/tinkered weapons - finalising approval
(Xerial) (Robert Jones) Pilot/gunslinger/combat - discussing edits
(CShades) (Dimas Lohengrim) Cane/sword/piloting - finalising approval
(Aiden) (Hershall) Combat - reserved
(vin26m) (Jorgen) Engineering/piloting/athleticism - under discussion
(Yarnover) (Caleb Zhang) Computer skills/electrical/hand to hand - approved

Crash

AmberStarfire

Updated:

(Elven Sex Goddess) (Radio Vixen) Communications/electrical/martial arts - approved
(AmberStarfire) (Lindsay Grace) Mechanical engineering/command/tinkered weapons - approved
(vin26m) (Jorgen) Engineering/piloting/athleticism - approved

Quote from: Crash on February 11, 2016, 05:10:28 PM
Welcome new approved characters!

Mine's among them. *feels welcomed* :D

Aiden

Crash

Hey all.  I am going to have to back out of this.  My apologies.

AmberStarfire

Alright. If circumstances change, we have your character sheet and your character's approved.

vin26m

Quote from: AmberStarfire on February 11, 2016, 08:22:05 AM
Sure. These are the sheets with player names.

(AmberStarfire) (Lindsay Grace) Mechanical engineering/command/tinkered weapons - finalising approval
(vin26m) (Jorgen) Engineering/piloting/athleticism - under discussion

Thank you.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: vin26m on February 12, 2016, 09:30:03 PM
Thank you.

You're welcome. Also to give an update on these:

(AmberStarfire) (Lindsay Grace) Mechanical engineering/command/tinkered weapons - approved
(CShades) (Dimas Lohengrim) Cane/sword/piloting - approved
(vin26m) (Jorgen) Engineering/piloting/athleticism - approved

I should mention that Aiden's your storyteller here, but I'll be helping with the planning, and various other stuff like sheets.

AmberStarfire

The game has just begun and we're still accepting characters. If you're interested, please drop Aiden and myself a line with your concept/idea.

In case you're curious:

The main game thread is here.

And the OOC is here.