Castlevania: Written In Blood (Series crossover. Villians & Heroes welcome)

Started by Vergil1989, November 06, 2018, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 07, 2018, 02:53:43 AM

I'm going to be working on the Fae to some extent, it's more of a 'ask' and you'll get an answer for that one. I usually divide things up based on court, seasonal alignment (If they are seasonal) or even fae 'type'. So depends on the kind of Fae you wanna play.

As for the mage, that'd have to be someone from an earlier time period, as you mentioned, so they'd have to get picked up by Amaranth and Puck eventually.

That's fair.

Okay, so now I will begin to work on the character sheet. I'll create a mage from an early time period. The geographical location and time in mind is civilization in ancient central African (pre-colonial, about 3,000 years ago). Specifically in regions near the coast, during the time which the proto-bantu people existed, but towards the end of the Bantu Explosion. My character will be from the area what is known as, Cameroon, today.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Greydreamer on November 07, 2018, 10:43:05 AM
That's fair.

Okay, so now I will begin to work on the character sheet. I'll create a mage from an early time period. The geographical location and time in mind is civilization in ancient central African (pre-colonial, about 3,000 years ago). Specifically in regions near the coast, during the time which the proto-bantu people existed, but towards the end of the Bantu Explosion. My character will be from the area what is known as, Cameroon, today.

The question I have is that if they are from so far in the past - what tie in will you give them to the history of those who have rose against Castelvania and Dracula - as well as his generals and the Night Scourge. A lot of the characters brought to the present are being brought due to their ties to the Belmonts, Belnades, etc. So I need to know what your tie in would be, what figure from history are you creating, that can be used for pulling them forward to work with the United front?

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Vergil1989

You MIGHT want to do something a little less involved, but that's just my two cents.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 07, 2018, 10:49:12 AM
The question I have is that if they are from so far in the past - what tie in will you give them to the history of those who have rose against Castelvania and Dracula - as well as his generals and the Night Scourge. A lot of the characters brought to the present are being brought due to their ties to the Belmonts, Belnades, etc. So I need to know what your tie in would be, what figure from history are you creating, that can be used for pulling them forward to work with the United front?

The idea was to create a character from a clan who's job was to help keep their community safe from vampires and other evil things (night creatures, malevolent spirits, vampires, cyclops, etc.) Similar to the Belmonts I suppose, but they were magicians rather than hunters/warriors. The tie-in I thought of was that they were able to kill a powerful vampire in their life, which is why they were chosen to come and help humanity in the modern era.

SweetSerenade

After I finish Amaranth and Puck's Profiles I'll be working on Sypha. Sypha is my PC 'Good' character. Amaranth and Puck are just Storyline essential characters that will be used to get the other characters to the present, Puck himself is forbidden from combat unless it's in defense of himself or someone he is protecting, Amaranth is going to be more of an advising position but will enter combat if she needs to - but she's more intended as a means for the others to get to the future.

Quote from: Greydreamer on November 07, 2018, 11:09:13 AM
The idea was to create a character from a clan who's job was to help keep their community safe from vampires and other evil things (night creatures, malevolent spirits, vampires, cyclops, etc.) Similar to the Belmonts I suppose, but they were magicians rather than hunters/warriors. The tie-in I thought of was that they were able to kill a powerful vampire in their life, which is why they were chosen to come and help humanity in the modern era.

The problem you face with that is you need to make it significant enough that the story would not have been wiped out by the RCC, as they are prone to do. If you are making them from 3,000 years ago that's quite a long time ago in human history, and the story of what they did would need prevalence. The other issue we may face is the fact that it's going to be enough of a culture shock to bring a character a few hundred years in the future, but a few thousand might prove dangerous to them. There is also a language barrier. Amaranth has no way of knowing that language, and I doubt a magical white-haired pale-skinned man is going to go over well in that region of the world. They will either consider Puck a God, or a Demon, and act accordingly.

The people selected from the past, that are not Belmonts or directly tied to them in some way - were selected because of the possibility of prevailing stories of their capabilities against Dracula and his scourge. Now if you wanted to do something from say the time period of the Panther Queen - I can see that working VERY well.

Vergil1989

She said it better than I could, but that's more or less why I wasn't all that enthused by your idea there GrayDreamer.  It's a GOOD idea, but it doesn't fit as well with the general themes being presented is all.  They need to be able to more directly influence events and having them much closer to the present would be a good way to go.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 07, 2018, 11:14:14 AM

The problem you face with that is you need to make it significant enough that the story would not have been wiped out by the RCC, as they are prone to do. If you are making them from 3,000 years ago that's quite a long time ago in human history, and the story of what they did would need prevalence. The other issue we may face is the fact that it's going to be enough of a culture shock to bring a character a few hundred years in the future, but a few thousand might prove dangerous to them. There is also a language barrier. Amaranth has no way of knowing that language, and I doubt a magical white-haired pale-skinned man is going to go over well in that region of the world. They will either consider Puck a God, or a Demon, and act accordingly.

The people selected from the past, that are not Belmonts or directly tied to them in some way - were selected because of the possibility of prevailing stories of their capabilities against Dracula and his scourge. Now if you wanted to do something from say the time period of the Panther Queen - I can see that working VERY well.

My thinking was that the language barrier wasn't a contended issue for some reason or another since Castlevania takes place in a region and time (Walachia, in Romania) in which English was not commonly spoken. Also, Bantu mythology doesn't have multiple gods or demons (they did believe in monsters though so that's a thing).

oh I don't about the Panther Queen, but I'm definitely open to help with this and suggestions to edit this concept towards that.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Greydreamer on November 07, 2018, 11:34:18 AM
My thinking was that the language barrier wasn't a contended issue for some reason or another since Castlevania takes place in a region and time (Walachia, in Romania) in which English was not commonly spoken. Also, Bantu mythology doesn't have multiple gods or demons (they did believe in monsters though so that's a thing).

oh I don't about the Panther Queen, but I'm definitely open to help with this and suggestions to edit this concept towards that.

Amaranth is a 'plot' device character, so has been able to learn a lot. Plus with Puck's help she can talk to just about anyone she's collecting. The big issue would be someone from that far in the past would have no way of surviving in the modern era. I just mean something similar to the Panther Queen story, find a story of something from that area, something that prevailed passed all the bullshit the Church pulled all over the world. Hell what about making a family that's supposed to be children of Anansi? Something like that? Children of Anansi who were prone to hunting down dark creatures a few hundred years in the past, sort of relative time period to the events of a lot of Castlevania stuff, that gives them enough time to not be completely wiped from 'history' by the church, and allows enough knowledge that Amaranth can use that to her advantage when she tries to get their help.

Edit: Sweet Fluff - Puck and Amaranth are expanding at a rapid rate...

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 07, 2018, 11:38:15 AM
Amaranth is a 'plot' device character, so has been able to learn a lot. Plus with Puck's help she can talk to just about anyone she's collecting. The big issue would be someone from that far in the past would have no way of surviving in the modern era. I just mean something similar to the Panther Queen story, find a story of something from that area, something that prevailed passed all the bullshit the Church pulled all over the world. Hell what about making a family that's supposed to be children of Anansi? Something like that? Children of Anansi who were prone to hunting down dark creatures a few hundred years in the past, sort of relative time period to the events of a lot of Castlevania stuff, that gives them enough time to not be completely wiped from 'history' by the church, and allows enough knowledge that Amaranth can use that to her advantage when she tries to get their help.

Edit: Sweet Fluff - Puck and Amaranth are expanding at a rapid rate...

So basically a character based from a story that can be found irl to act as a tie in because if we have heard of it that means the RCC didn't wipe it clean from history's gaze, right? Something for Puck and Amaranth to go, "oh hey, this person can work!" ?

SweetSerenade

But Castlevania styling is more than welcome to be used. So History but alternate history. Like if someone wanted to make Cuchulain, or Lancelot (Who was Staunchly Atheist actually, he despised the church and what it forced people to do!) - those could be used. Do remember though, we do need some canon characters before we start the game. We are aiming for at least Alucard (Anime preferred, or Main Castlevania Storyline) and two Belmonts (Likely Trevor and Simon will be the ones most people run to, but prefer having some Belmonts around) - before we start the game. We want not just a good balance of Canon and OC, but Male and Female as well. :3

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 07, 2018, 11:52:27 AM
But Castlevania styling is more than welcome to be used. So History but alternate history. Like if someone wanted to make Cuchulain, or Lancelot (Who was Staunchly Atheist actually, he despised the church and what it forced people to do!) - those could be used. Do remember though, we do need some canon characters before we start the game. We are aiming for at least Alucard (Anime preferred, or Main Castlevania Storyline) and two Belmonts (Likely Trevor and Simon will be the ones most people run to, but prefer having some Belmonts around) - before we start the game. We want not just a good balance of Canon and OC, but Male and Female as well. :3

In terms of canon characters, how true to the source material are you guys hoping to implement into the story? I would be interested in creating a sheet for Alucard and/or Isaac. Is Isaac still a villain? I'm kinda confused on that since he hates the vampires who all betrayed Dracula and most (if not all) of humanity as well. Like it sounded like he wasn't really fond of vampires surviving the human purge because Dracula wasn't trying to make a world in which vampires thrived (as far as the netflix original went). Or is that open to interpretation?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Greydreamer on November 07, 2018, 12:50:53 PM
In terms of canon characters, how true to the source material are you guys hoping to implement into the story? I would be interested in creating a sheet for Alucard and/or Isaac. Is Isaac still a villain? I'm kinda confused on that since he hates the vampires who all betrayed Dracula and most (if not all) of humanity as well. Like it sounded like he wasn't really fond of vampires surviving the human purge because Dracula wasn't trying to make a world in which vampires thrived (as far as the netflix original went). Or is that open to interpretation?

It's open to an extent, but normal Players should be aware you only get one 'hero' and one villain for the story. We would prefer a more anime Styled Alucard for things, and at least sticking to a decent amount of the character canon - while still having your own flare. If you need help, or are interested in picking up a Hero Canon and a Villain Canon - we can make that work. Anime Isaac is significantly different than the game Isaac (Who was neither dark skinned or bald, in fact Game Isaac was ginger and sewn together basically) - but we are very open to those possibilities.

Apologies, I'm trying to finish Amaranth and Puck, while also doing schoolwork, and I have work later today. xD

Vergil1989

Name:  Hector the Devil Forgemaster
Canon/OC:  Canon  (Castlevania:  Curse of Darkness)
Alignment:  Hero
Race:  Human
Sexual Orientation:  Straight
Appearance:  Hector appears frail and lithe, but nothing could be further from the truth.  Behind his silver, unkempt hair that frames his handsome face, with piercing pale gray eyes that miss little of the world around him, is a keen mind that has an understanding of how the world functions down to its atomic level.  Dressed in a blue-black overcoat with a pair of long gray pants and leather boots that reach up to his knees, which are also black, the Forgemaster is surprisingly agile and quick on his feet while also being built like a small tank beneath his noble like exterior.  He's far from nobility, but he neither cares for such titles nor feels comfortable in such situations anyway, preferring to stick to what he's good at.  Still, despite the callouses on his hands and the scars from an abusive childhood, Hector always has a thoughtful smile on his face, especially when he's hard at work when he's lost in the zone, the ebb and flow of the magical energies he knows about as well as he knows himself these days.
Skills/Magic/AbilitiesMaster Devil Forgemaster - Despite having betrayed Dracula not once, but twice, Hector has since regained complete mastery of his ability to craft matter into Hellish abominations, while also being able to reshape flesh and bone in much the same way, creating 'life from unlife' as his will and sharp mind desires.  Having been the son of a skilled alchemist, he understands how matter can be reconstituted in ways even his father could've never hoped to match, and thus, a simple piece of bronze can be transformed into a behemoth of a monstrous creature with ease under his power.  While he can forge far more mundane weapons and armor as he wishes, sometimes with magical enchantments woven into the steel as its created, as long as he has the right materials at hand and access to enough residual energy to fuel his forging, Hector's real skill resides in creating monsters and Hellish abominations from the flesh of the fallen.  He's also able to revive the monsters that he creates, maintaining an endless supply of disposable soldiers for whichever side he happens to be on.  His TRUE skill however, is in the creation of Innocent Devils, beings of immense power that are allied only to Hector and his indomitable will.  The monsters he forges can easily be controlled by those he allows to control them, meaning his monstrous creatures are valuable as shock troops to whoever can properly command them, but Innocent Devils are far more intrinsically tied to his very soul and life energy, meaning they will always return to his side no matter how far afield he might send them to help his allies.  Not only that, but once an Innocent Devil is defeated, it needs only to spend enough time in the space between to be reconstituted by Hector's side once more, meaning he is never alone for long, if he's alone at all.  (Anime AND Curse of Darkness based in equal parts.)

Skilled Combatant - As a former General in Dracula's unholy armies, Hector has mastered the use of more than a few weapons in his time, preferring swords, axes, hammers, and pole weapons such as lances or tridents, to name but a few.  Ranged weapons, while not beyond him, aren't his favored kind of style since he vastly prefers to look his enemies in the face before cutting them down with acrobatic skill and grace, coupled with a surprising amount of strength behind his swings given his activities behind his Devil's Forge.  (Curse of Darkness based more than his Anime appearance)

Keen Intellect - Despite his inability to socialize with large groups of people without feeling quite out of his element, behind his pale face and piercing gray eyes resides a mind capable of comprehending far more than most would believe him capable of at a glance.  While the modern age will confuse him to no end, new ideas and concepts won't escape his grasp for long.  Not only that, but his Foregemaster skills will only increase in their potency the more knowledge he absorbs, and his willingness to adapt new techniques and power to his own can only be a benefit in the long term.  Not only that, but he has learned several languages, mostly so he can read and write down notes in various tomes he carries, containing his various formula and alchemical processes he tends to favor in his Devil Forging.  Notes on the human and animal anatomies are also heavy influences in his power, since you can't create life from nothing without knowing HOW it all goes together.

Alchemy - While he prefers to use his Forge based abilities first and foremost, he knows how to brew various poisons, potions, and other such substances with the same ease that witches find when they brew their concoctions.  His concoctions and potions however are far more based in the sciences rather than the mystical, and he knows the various names and atomic numbers of the metals, ores, and the like that he works with.  He might be able to turn lead into gold, but he vastly prefers far more useful applications of his power and knowledge.  Besides, what use is gold and the wealth it brings if everyone's dead, thus unable to enjoy its transient if materialistic value?

Peak Physical Condition - While he's only human, his training in his various weapons based skills, (many of which he Forged himself), on top of the fact he physically has to swing a Forge hammer specifically made for Devil Forging, has left Hector at the top of what a human can achieve without magical aid or enhancement like the Belmonts or the Belnades.  While he'd never be a werewolf or vampire's physical equal by any means, he can take a hit and send it back with surprising force, which is further enhanced by the masterwork level of his weapons and armor.  Between that and the sheer weight of most of his preferred gear, Hector is exceptionally dangerous in close range on his own, without any further enhancement from his Innocent Devils.

Synchronicity - He's achieved a level of mastery over his created Innocent Devils that allows him to work in perfect tandem with them.  Two bodies moving together in such harmony is rarely ever seen by anyone, but while part of their shared ferocity and presence is dependent on the bond between Devil and Forgemaster, Hector treats his IDs with respect and compassion where someone far less kind would mistreat their creations.  While they might be a literal manifestation of his life energy and magical prowess, IDs are still enough of their own person for him to consider them worthy of the same respect he gives to anyone worthy of it.
Flaws:  "A Forgemaster's work is never done." - It takes time, material, and energy to forge anything, regardless if it's a mere shield or a powerful Innocent Devil.  The bigger the intended project, the more it costs to create both in material, time, and cost to Hector himself.  While he can go for hours on end with little rest and fuel in the form of food, he risks harm to his very life, his soul if he goes too long without taking a break, OR if he tries to create something far too powerful for even he to control.

Emotional - While he's mellowed out somewhat since putting the death of his beloved Rosaly behind him, along with his need for revenge, Hector is a passionate individual when the stress becomes too much for him to bear.  He can be easily manipulated into facing odds too much for one man alone, even with powers such as his, and while he doesn't give up easily, he is only human at the end of the day.

Only Human - He might be in the best shape of his life, but he IS only human.  He cannot heal from a decapitation after all, and blood loss and poisons can still bring him low.  While it'd take something fairly stronger than what would normally be used to bring down most men, he has no innate resistances to such substances despite all the time he's spent working with such dangerous chemicals.

Limited - Devil Forging is exceedingly powerful, but Hector can only have one active Innocent Devil at his side at a time.  He can store several within his mind and soul for use in various situations, but there is no way for him to surpass this limit.  Thankfully, his rival and arch enemy, Isaac, is also limited in this fashion.  The monsters and weapons they can make are under no such limitations, but they can only create so many of these at a time over a twenty-four hour period.  Materials used are able to be reclaimed so that they can be remade into something useful once more, but they still need time to be properly remade into fresh monsters and items for war.  Thus, cutting through a Forgemaster's arsenal and monsters, while difficult, is not impossible by any means.
Personality:  Despite his ties with his world and time's Dracula, Hector was never truly EVIL like many of his compatriots.  Yes, he was invested in culling the human population, but he didn't wish his fellow humans to suffer needlessly, only to be brought to heel in as humane fashion as possible.  Due to the abuse at the hands of his mother and the cold, distant way his father treated his very existence, he tends to withdraw into his work, whatever that happens to be.  That said, he is kind and respectful, if mildly distrustful, of individuals he's only just met, and while he'd prefer not to have to use his powers ever again after defeating Isaac two years ago, protecting the whole of time and reality itself is more than enough for Hector to take up his Forge hammer once more.  Even so, the man has a deep fascination for learning all he can, which he then applies to making life at least comfortable for himself and those few friends he's allowed to get close enough to him.  Everyone else he keeps at a distance because most aren't able to accept his alchemical leanings, let alone the fact he is able to bend reality and reshape it to fit his desires.

When he isn't required to forge fresh engines of war and monstrous abominations to protect those he loves and calls his allies, Hector prefers long walks through the mountains around his homeland of Wallachia, or sitting under his favorite tree on the outskirts of his village, where his friend Julia resides, poring over some tome of ancient knowledge and magic he's gotten his hands on if not far more mundane stories of love, chivalry, and adventure despite having had his fill of such things.  Just because he's tired of war and bloodshed doesn't mean he can't enjoy the romanticized versions of such far too true events he's experienced for himself.  And while his heart still aches for his loving wife, Rosaly, who was taken by Isaac's cruel manipulations, Hector is no longer driven to find vengeance for her death.  He has moved past such concerns, having put his demons to bed, in more ways than one, by utterly defeating his rival and fellow Forgemaster within Dracula's arisen castle during their last fated encounter.  Not only that, but he was able to break the curse upon the land Dracula had left upon his death years before, thus saving the world from one such evil influence at least, which has further helped Hector to heal in his way.  Still, the scars are there, and he does his best to bear his loneliness, but he can't help but seek someone to stand by his side, just as Rosaly had done once upon a time...
Background Information:  Not so long ago, Hector was bereft of the woman he loved, Rosaly, by the jealous if clever manipulations by his fellow Forgemaster, Isaac, who was still unquestionably loyal to Dracula despite his recent demise.  Two years ago, Hector was finally able to put Isaac down, and while the man was able to limp away after everything was said and done, Dracula returned to his grave for a time once more, making it seem that his adventures were over once and for all, his quest for vengeance fulfilled.  And for two years, that seemed to be the case, until he received a pair of mysterious visitors, Lady Amaranth, and her fae companion, Puck.  Together, they convinced him to pick up his hammer and call upon his powers as a Devil Forgemaster once more, but it took time on their part.  Having had his fill of war, bloodshed, and the violence that always followed in his wake, Hector invited the pair to his home to discuss just what was at stake.  While he didn't trust the pair, he could sense, despite his social awkwardness in some respects, the woman's sincerity, and he could see the pain from her recent losses in regards to her slaughtered family.  As such, he reluctantly agreed to see the world she had come from, to stop Dracula before he could build an army of darkness the likes of which even Hector couldn't have ever conceived of before now.

Having been raised in a small village in beautiful Wallachia, Hector discovered by happenstance his ability to bring the dead back to some semblance of life when he discovered a little white dog in the fields around his family's cottage.  He didn't understand his power then, but after he had pulled upon the invisible thread within his own heart and mind, using his sadness and hope for the animal at his feet, the dog opened its eyes and barked happily as it ran circles around the now overjoyed boy.  Pleased by his achievement, he didn't think much of the fact there was a gaping hole torn out of the dog's right side, until he showed his mother what he'd brought home with him.  As would be expected from most people, she screamed in terror and recoiled from him.  His father didn't take too kindly to his 'devil's sorcery' either, although his was a far more distant and cold kind of reaction since he was too consumed with his work to truly care about him or his mother, who quickly turned downright cruel and abusive of the young Hector.  It took only about a year for Hector to burn down his own home, saddened by the fact he was killing his own parents, but he had no other choice, not if he wanted to become something more than the cruel beasts as they had devolved into.  Besides, it had become painfully clear that they didn't love him anymore, that his cursed powers had marked him as something to be feared, so he turned that pain into hatred and rage against the rest of his own kind, at least for a time.

Even at his worst and most devoted to Dracula, Hector was kind and respectful, seeking more to control the human population rather than outright exterminating it.  He believed, in his logical fashion, that the world would be a far better place if they were brought to heel, so that no child such as he would suffer ever again such abuses as he had.  Perhaps he was blindingly naive to believe in Dracula, but it had taken a monster to treat the then young man as something more than a cursed THING to be degraded and beaten down simply for trying to understand what he has since mastered.  The respect and the level of trust Dracula gave Hector encouraged the young man to excel in everything he was tasked to achieve, or that he set his mind to, and while this created a jealous rivalry with Isaac, his equal in almost every respect, Hector simply enjoyed his work.  His single minded dedication to whatever project he put his mind to was the real catalyst to all of the praise and respect Dracula gave to him, which, while Isaac was also given much respect and power in his court, it was clear to everyone Hector was the favored of the two.  Hence when Hector eventually left the castle and betrayed Dracula, Isaac was furious, but all too happy to chase him down, fully intending to kill Hector rather than bring him back as he'd been ordered to by Dracula himself.  Instead, Hector managed to elude Isaac long enough, leaving the castle largely unprotected, just about the same time a Belmont infiltrated the place, killing Dracula in the process.

Whatever their past, while Isaac still lives, Hector is no longer interested in pursuing the man.  Besides, there are so much more at stake now that Amaranth has found him, persuading him to help fight the new army of the night that a very different Dracula has assembled in a future far from his own.  The potential to meet another version of himself though has made Hector wary, yet morbidly curious at the same time however since he wonders how he might've turned out if he had made different choices at any point in his life....

Additional NotesInnocent Devils and Abilities, I will not be using the secret 'Pumpkin type' of Innocent Devil.  Everything else though is fair game, but I'll get a list of Hector's most commonly used IDs later.
Excellent Cook - Whether due to his studies in alchemy or because of his keen mind, Hector can make quite a few tasty meals with only a few ingredients.
Forgemaster - I'm combining elements from both his in-game appearance and the anime he pops up in, so he WILL be working with the dead bodies of the recently deceased, human and monsters alike, to forge monsters for the allies to use and train against as our glorious leader desires.  (It will get messy regardless, so warnings to you folks if you have sensitive stomachs.)

Preferred ID Type Library

Fairy Type:  Comet Star  (Powerful healer and not to shabby in an offensive capacity either.)
Battle Type:  Liquid Golem  (A straight up physical assault type of ID, the Golem can turn into a sphere of mercury, OR become pure walking magma, further augmenting its attacks.  Either way, all golems can easily lift many times their own weight.)
Bird Type:  Indigo  (Can use this for limited flight capabilities outside of its powerful ice based breath attacks and physical prowess.)
Mage Type:  Crystal Rod  (Powerful magical attacks and defensive spells are a mage's bread and butter.)
Devil Type:  The End  (Devils are exceedingly powerful but...strange in their abilities, preferring to turn their Forgemaster into magical circles capable of generating sharp spikes and the like.)

Hector's Theme (in my mind at least.)
https://youtu.be/ubEMzQEG8LQ

SweetSerenade

Amaranth is done with some possibilities of some tweaking needed. Puck will be finished up pretty quickly, the only one left I need to worry about is get Sypha going.

SweetSerenade

Name:  Sypha Belnades
Canon/OC:  Canon - Castlevania Animated Series
Alignment:  Hero
Race:  Human
Sexual Orientation:  Heterosexual(Trevorsexual, let's be honest)
Appearance
A young woman who has a slight frame even in comparison to others in her day and age. She probably would be roughly around 5'4'', and has a slim build that has proven to be very resilient. Though she specializes in magic, and often wears robes of her Speaker path, she is not someone to be laughed at in combat. Most of her body is lean and compact, built for combat. Which she uses as efficiently as possible. Her eyes are a blue tone that is not uncommon for her family, and her hair is a mixture between a blond-red-brown coloration that she often keeps short due to the efficiency of pretending to be a male in the time period she is from.

Skills/Magic/Abilities
History of the Speakers: As a Speaker, Sypha is highly educated and knows the full history of Wallachia. Her knowledge includes prophecies of the future, which have been proven to be accurate. Nevertheless, she eventually and grudgingly admits that their practice of passing knowledge through oral tradition is foolish, when compared to the value of accumulated knowledge through written word.

Speaker Magician: Sypha is an immensely powerful mage, to the point that she was able to dispatch much of Dracula's monsters and three of Dracula's generals with little effort, defend and counter one of Dracula's strongest spells, and even manipulate Castlevania to the extent of being able to teleport it to her desired location and keep the stronghold rooted there. The full extent of her abilities is still unknown.

Pyrokinesis: Sypha is able to generate enormous walls of flame and control them masterfully. She is also capable of launching multiple balls of fire at her targets, defending and counteracting fire-based attacks from her opponents (including Dracula himself) and even burning one of Dracula's generals alive simply with the touch of her hand.

Cryokinesis: Sypha is able to create constructions of ice (blocks, shards, walls, and sheets) and freeze any type of water instantly, including holy water. In the Battle of Gresit, this power proved instrumental against the Night Horde as both a defensive wall, and offensive blast of ice shards. Sypha's control over ice extends to being able to alter the shape of her created constructs, making them as large or as small as she wants them to be as well as a measure of telekinetic control over them.

Aerokinesis: Sypha is able to conjure small whirlwinds and use the wind to propel herself upward. This was especially useful in the catacombs as she was able to manipulate the wind in order to soften her and Trevor's landing, as well as transport herself upward to more stable ground. She is also able to alter the temperature of the wind she conjures, which she used to great effect against one of Dracula's generals.

Knowledge of lost languages: Sypha knows ancient languages that are lost by mankind that help her in summoning powerful spells or lifting magic seals. This includes Adamic; the original language spoken by Adam and Eve.

Enhanced physical condition: While Sypha lacks the might of Trevor and Alucard, she is nevertheless more robust than any other human woman. Sypha recovered falling deep into the underground of Gresit and even survived getting physically attacked by Dracula, who can kill mortals with single strikes. However, Sypha was still the most physically injured in the aftermath of the battle, requiring bandages for her arm.
Flaws
Only Human - Despite being highly resilient Sypha is only human. She can still be killed like other humans can, and while she is skilled in combat and magic - she still has her faults.

Magic Burn - I am adding this as a thing for her to limit her magical capabilities - magic is not limitless within a caster, even with components, and as such she has to take breaks before more magic can be used. This can vary based on the magic.

Childish at times - Emotionally and verbally she can be quite childish at times. She tries to see the best in everything, but she also can be quite petulent in how she treats others. (This was seen in her reactions to Trevor and offering to piss in a bucket to give it to him as beer, much to her grandfather's chagrin.)

Speaker - As a Speaker her family is in direct conflict with the church and their views, her family is often hunted by the Roman Catholic Church - either burned as witches(Well they are not wrong there) or chased out of towns. The way the Speakers are treated is no better than how the Romani are treated in Western Europe in later time periods.

More to be added at suggestion

Personality:
Sypha is a woman that handles responsibility well, and was raised her entire life knowing what her responsibility would be as a Speaker. Not only is she a speaker, but she's a magician as well, and this warrants her a position in life that most women in Wallachia don't have. She is very headstrong towards her goals, and believes in the cause she was raised with. She will defend her loved ones, if it is needed, and shows a distinct loyalty that is hardfast and long lasting.

She is also a pacifist and would prefer to not harm humans if she can prevent it, it is a weakness of her's that she has never overcome. As seen when she used a wall of fire to protect Trevor from villagers, but also in how she interacts with humans in general. This pacifism does not spread towards demons and creatures of darkness, as she believes they need to be removed for the future to be had.

She is also quite funny, and likes to crack jokes and poke fun at people, and despite this semi-jovial nature (Often crude at that, refer to the piss bucket joke) she is also very perceptive and intelligent. She is very good at figuring out the emotions of others, and very good at any learning she applies herself to. She is also adamently against the Church and it's Priests, and finds them more detrimental to their cause than they might do that would help.

Background Information
Sypha was raised in the Speaker clan, her grandfather their leader and Elder, was the one who primarily raised her. She has a staunch loyalty to her loved ones, and will do what she can to protect them - even put herself at risk. She started off her 'adventures' in Gresit by trying to find the 'Sleeping Soldier' (Alucard) but almost died in the cause because she was turned to stone by a cyclops. After Trevor Belmont saves her she ends up traveling with him, begrudgindly, because she does not see that he cares anymore. She sees a man so swamped in his grief that he doesn't care about Wallachia and the people within it.

Over time, and through many trials, Sypha ends up coming to respect him, even defending him against others. Because of this respect they are able to go back below Gresit and manage to find the Sleeping Soldier, who turns out to be Dracula's Half-Vampire Son(with Lisa). In the beginning it was a rocky start, and when Alucard tried to sink his fangs into Trevor she violently reacted with magic threatening his life.

This proved both of them to Alucard, and the three became a force to be reckoned with against Dracula and his Council. After the end of their journey she retreats with Trevor and they start traveling to clean up any remnants that may exist, while also tracking down any far flung members of her family.

Additional Notes:
-My Sypha is in love with Trevor Belmont
-Sypha is prone to being a bit jaded towards others but enjoys poking fun, this can go too far sometimes, but she is also known to see the truth in others and try to do what she can to help.
-Will add more as I think about them.

Kathyan

This looks like a great idea, might join in. ^^

I was thinking on going with Charlotte from Portrait of Ruin.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Kathyan on November 07, 2018, 02:06:56 PM
This looks like a great idea, might join in. ^^

I was thinking on going with Charlotte from Portrait of Ruin.

Charlotte would definitely be welcome, but anyone with close ties to the church might be closely scrutinized by Amaranth and Puck - mostly because both have their own qualms with the RCC. Do you have ideas of rectifying this? Or do you think after all is said and done Charlotte might have just settled down into a normal life and cut off her ties with the Church in favor of running her life?

Vergil1989

Well hey Kath!  Welcome welcome, and by all means, you're welcome to join the party, truly.

Hopefully you're able to keep up with this and that D&D game I still fully intend to run.  :P  That aside, I haven't seen Portrait of Ruin, strangely enough, BUT I know the name at least and it'd be an easy thing to watch a Youtube walkthrough of it I'm sure.  But please, don't let me stop you simply due to my own lack of knowledge.  I'm sure Serenade has more than her share of the lore tucked in her head as well, but I'll still answer what questions I can for ya Kathyan.

And Serenade?  Godbrand is gonna die horribly for slaughtering Amaranth's family, just so you know.  :D

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 07, 2018, 02:14:19 PM
So how would good guys do with this in mind:

Well there is two sides to this story, those working with Dracula and the Twins, and those working with Amaranth and Puck. So there isn't just a force of true darkness being applied. We are going to have a full cast of interactive characters from both sides.

Vergil1989

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 07, 2018, 02:14:19 PM
So how would good guys do with this in mind:

I included a link to the post made by Serenade on how this is explained, but yes, what she says is true Frog.  I WILL say however that we won't be accelerating the posting pace to accommodate only a few people.  Some of our players DO have lives that takes far more priority than anything related to Elliquiy, so as long as we understand each other, then we shouldn't have a problem.  :D

Kathyan

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 07, 2018, 02:10:34 PM
Charlotte would definitely be welcome, but anyone with close ties to the church might be closely scrutinized by Amaranth and Puck - mostly because both have their own qualms with the RCC. Do you have ideas of rectifying this? Or do you think after all is said and done Charlotte might have just settled down into a normal life and cut off her ties with the Church in favor of running her life?
I haven't put much thought into this but I had this idea about Charlotte having been trapped inside of a lost painting as an alternate end of her history. She would be released only recently probably thanks to something related to Dracula's castle and she would have to adapt to life on 21st century.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Kathyan on November 07, 2018, 02:29:15 PM
I haven't put much thought into this but I had this idea about Charlotte having been trapped inside of a lost painting as an alternate end of her history. She would be released only recently probably thanks to something related to Dracula's castle and she would have to adapt to life on 21st century.

Amaranth and Puck are actually gathering all of the people who will be on the Heros side, using the paths of Underhill, so that's how most of them will be brought in. But if you want to go the portrait route you can do that? I was just asking if Charlotte would be willing to 'retire' her position with the Church for the fight ahead, as Puck and Amaranth are not known to be very... giving towards the church (Since technically the Church is what started all this shit in the first place. xD)

Open to ideas though?

Also I think Sypha is done for the time being. I didn't get as detailed as I could because I was trying to not put too many spoilers for the Animates series.

So my characters for now, are completed.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 07, 2018, 02:12:07 PM
Well hey Kath!  Welcome welcome, and by all means, you're welcome to join the party, truly.

Hopefully you're able to keep up with this and that D&D game I still fully intend to run.  :P  That aside, I haven't seen Portrait of Ruin, strangely enough, BUT I know the name at least and it'd be an easy thing to watch a Youtube walkthrough of it I'm sure.  But please, don't let me stop you simply due to my own lack of knowledge.  I'm sure Serenade has more than her share of the lore tucked in her head as well, but I'll still answer what questions I can for ya Kathyan.

And Serenade?  Godbrand is gonna die horribly for slaughtering Amaranth's family, just so you know.  :D

Oh I'm just imagining the NPC interaction between Godbrand and Carmilla when he returns. "What the bloody fuck was that shit! What the fuck did that bitch do! I swear, that pagan bitch was using shit from the old days! How can she do that! I lost 30 men!"

Vergil1989

"And yet she failed to kill you.  How....unfortunate.  She might've saved me from the stench on your ale sodden breath, Godbrand."

Lol yeah, those two are going to get along like fire and oil aren't they?  :P

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 07, 2018, 02:38:36 PM
"And yet she failed to kill you.  How....unfortunate.  She might've saved me from the stench on your ale sodden breath, Godbrand."

Lol yeah, those two are going to get along like fire and oil aren't they?  :P

"You should see the shit she called out, it was like being in the fuckin' old days!"

xD

I can see this will be very interesting.