The Children of Mother Earth (open recruitment)

Started by mj2002, July 31, 2013, 05:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 08, 2013, 07:48:28 AM
Thanks mj, that's helpful, I was asking about The Rangers because I was thinking Agnete's daughter wants to join them when she's older, or shows an aptitude for their kind of work.
It is unusual, but a girl can always dream!

Scribbles

Sorry for the wait, it took some time to decide on a character which suited the set requirements...

Name1: Anika
Role2: Violet Chalice Owner

Background:
After her parents died to illness, Anika was forced into the role of hostess for the Violet Chalice, a high class inn and relaxation hub. The Violet Chalice is a massive building of marble with a magnificent indoor pool dominating the center while three spits, circled by lounge chairs, surround its edges. Purple acts as the primary colour beside borders of gold for the interior silks, adorning walls and seats alike. This scheme is mimicked upstairs, in the bedrooms. The staff includes a few handsome male servants attired in silken white togas whose roles include serving nourishment, cleaning, picking grapes and NOTHING else. The few female staff fall into the roles of cooks and managers.

Anika's establishment normally caters to the needs of foreigners and passers-by, offering drink, entertainment and rest for the bored and weary. Despite her role as hostess however, she isn't considered the main employer and earns very little, if anything, from the Violet Chalice itself. In the end, like most, Anika answers to the state. The Inn also acts as a small vineyard, a place where guests can walk in peace under the cool shade of vines as well as where the juicy red grapes are picked for its speciality wine, the Violet Spirit.

Personality:
Anika is a hostess above all else, one who has deftly played the part after the unfortunate passing of her parents. For three years now she has established herself as a kind, if unintentionally blunt, woman. She just can't help blurting out whatever comes to mind, a trait many dislike despite the fact that she rarely intends any offence. She has little care for politics and is more interested in performing her duties as hostess as well as simply having fun in the process. She does have a strict side however which shows itself whenever someone gets too intimate with the staff or simply behaves recklessly within the inn.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

SugarAndSpice

Hey, mj a friend of mine is interested in the rp, but we'll have to wait for her to be accepted into E first, is that okay?

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 10, 2013, 11:51:27 AM
Hey, mj a friend of mine is interested in the rp, but we'll have to wait for her to be accepted into E first, is that okay?
We're not in a hurry!

Quote from: Scribbles on August 10, 2013, 11:19:00 AM
Sorry for the wait, it took some time to decide on a character which suited the set requirements...

Name1: Anika
Role2: Violet Chalice Owner

Background:
After her parents died to illness, Anika was forced into the role of hostess for the Violet Chalice, a high class inn and relaxation hub. The Violet Chalice is a massive building of marble with a magnificent indoor pool dominating the center while three spits, circled by lounge chairs, surround its edges. Purple acts as the primary colour beside borders of gold for the interior silks, adorning walls and seats alike. This scheme is mimicked upstairs, in the bedrooms. The staff includes a few handsome male servants attired in silken white togas whose roles include serving nourishment, cleaning, picking grapes and NOTHING else. The few female staff fall into the roles of cooks and managers.

Anika's establishment normally caters to the needs of foreigners and passers-by, offering drink, entertainment and rest for the bored and weary. Despite her role as hostess however, she isn't considered the main employer and earns very little, if anything, from the Violet Chalice itself. In the end, like most, Anika answers to the state. The Inn also acts as a small vineyard, a place where guests can walk in peace under the cool shade of vines as well as where the juicy red grapes are picked for its speciality wine, the Violet Spirit.

Personality:
Anika is a hostess above all else, one who has deftly played the part after the unfortunate passing of her parents. For three years now she has established herself as a kind, if unintentionally blunt, woman. She just can't help blurting out whatever comes to mind, a trait many dislike despite the fact that she rarely intends any offence. She has little care for politics and is more interested in performing her duties as hostess as well as simply having fun in the process. She does have a strict side however which shows itself whenever someone gets too intimate with the staff or simply behaves recklessly within the inn.

Hey Scribbles, this looks great!

A few notes. While I understand what you're trying to get across, do understand that there are no 'classes' on the island nation. Everyone is valued equally, men included. It is probably more suitable to stress that the place is really beautiful instead. Did you want to have your establishment situated in the capital city or the port city where the ship first reaches land?

SugarAndSpice

Thanks mj :)

I think it sounds like a place that would be in a city rather than what I'm imagining as a busy commercial port.

SugarAndSpice

Also my friend is oceanspool, she put up her intro thread today, feel free to go ask he questions and stuff :D

MagicalPen

Name: Axel
Role: 'Prince' of Thule

Background: Born the Prince of Thule, the title is almost meaningless since he will never rule over the land. Axel has used his status to his advantage whenever possible - learning as much as he can, speaking the various languages and dialects found in Thule, and learning about these other cultures from which they come. Axel quite enjoys life in Thule though over recent years he has started to form his own opinions on certain subjects - the line of Rule being the formost on his mind. Why, as the only Heir to the throne, can he not rule? If all are treated as equals, then does not a man have an equal chance to rule, to become King?

Such thoughts have planted a dark seed in his mind but he is in no position to take action on such things, yet. Men are physically superior to woman - so much can be seen just in the physical make up of your average man and woman - and women are no more intelligent then man. So why can't a man rule? Axel has many unanswered questions but is treading carefully not to upset the balance on Thule. His people are peaceful, as is he.

Personality: Axel is rather unassuming and does not seek favors from others due to his position in society, but would rather use it to gain access to information that he might not normally behold. He is also fully aware that he is meant to marry - and soon - though he would just as rather hold off on such matters for as long as possible.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

mj2002

Great stuff!

We still need some people on the side of the expeditionary force though. I hope we can get some applications there as well, otherwise it'll be quite a small crew!

SugarAndSpice

Hey MJ,

Oceanspool is making a Baden Marine, she's wants to know, after they have gone through recruitment and training and everything, what is minimum age for a new member of marines and would a young one be sent on a mission like this?

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 10, 2013, 03:23:12 PM
Hey MJ,

Oceanspool is making a Baden Marine, she's wants to know, after they have gone through recruitment and training and everything, what is minimum age for a new member of marines and would a young one be sent on a mission like this?
As it concerns an expeditionary force, I would assume that the crew would consist of resourceful yet strong young men who had at least seen some combat already. They won't want to be seen with old men on board, as it wouldn't give a powerful impression. Yet anyone under 23 would be considered too inexperienced to take on a mission such as this. The marines can't be too twitchy or aggressive. They might be marines of the Baden Empire, but they're not brainless muscle on their way to invade.

Does that answer it? If you need more info, just ask!

MagicalPen

I just noticed that all our Thulians (?) first names begin with A...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

mj2002

Quote from: MagicalPen on August 10, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
I just noticed that all our Thulians (?) first names begin with A...
All our Badeners as well!

SugarAndSpice

Lol A is a very good letter.

Will you be playing a character MJ?

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 10, 2013, 03:37:30 PM
Lol A is a very good letter.

Will you be playing a character MJ?
I'm still contemplating on this. It might be necessary since theres very few people willing to take on major characters such as the 'Queen' and the Expedition Commander. However, I'd like to give people a chance to take those roles if they wish.

SugarAndSpice

I'd try and do two characters, but I'm not that strong at writing male characters and it would get awkward if those characters had to talk to each other :/

MagicalPen

I'd consider playing a male on the other side, but only as a last resort...as I'm starting a big Fantasy game of my own and running a few other smaller ones.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

mj2002

Don't feel obligated to submit more characters. I'm only encouraging people who can actually spare the time and really want to do that. Once we get some of the key roles filled up, I would be happy to play some support roles on either side. That's the ideal outcome as far as I am concerned. If we don't get that far, I'd be willing to play a key role as well. I just don't want to take them away from any prospective participants.

SugarAndSpice

If we can find a Queen and an Expedition leader I think we'd have a good group to start with.

SugarAndSpice

Question :D What are the views on homosexuality in Thule and Baden?

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 10, 2013, 04:09:54 PM
Question :D What are the views on homosexuality in Thule and Baden?
I believe this isn't actually addressed in the books. I would imagine there being no problem on Thule. In Baden, people might look differently on this. Especially a marine wouldn't be open about that sort of thing.

SugarAndSpice

How would messages be delivered between cities in Thule? I'm thinking either pidgeons or riders on horses.

mj2002

Horse riders would seem more logical to me.

SugarAndSpice

Cool, any idea how long it would take a message to travel from Julianheb to Gothab and back again? Was wondering how long Agnete will have to keep an eye on these Baden men.

SugarAndSpice

Also, is Thule aware of any other places in the world other than Kanada? Could they have heard about Britain and Baden?

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 11, 2013, 09:15:21 AM
Cool, any idea how long it would take a message to travel from Julianheb to Gothab and back again? Was wondering how long Agnete will have to keep an eye on these Baden men.
I'd say, depending on the conditions, at least several days. The distance is quite a bit.

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 11, 2013, 09:18:31 AM
Also, is Thule aware of any other places in the world other than Kanada? Could they have heard about Britain and Baden?
This is unlikely. The only place they might have heard about is America, but that's just a war torn country consisting of tribes.