The Hunted, the Hunters, and the Hiding (IC)

Started by bluemoon, January 07, 2010, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemoon

Mika stood over her prey, clamping onto its neck tightly. The young fawn halted its writhing, its heartbeats slowly fading. The blood trickling from the animal trailed down, onto Mika's beautiful white fur, staining it red. She lifted herself from the ground, dragging her kill to some nearby trees. She only hoped she wouldn't attract other wild 'things' with the scent of blood.

The white wolf dropped her prey beneath a tree, plopping herself down next to it. She started to gnaw on the fawn with her powerful jaws, tearing chunks of meat from its lifeless body. She savored the flavor, it was her first decent kill in weeks. She had been living off small rabbits and squirrels, horribly tough and gamey, not to mention very small. Her taste buds entered a state of ecstasy as she tore another hunk from the carcus.

She was completely focused on her meal, savoring every bite as if it was her last. She savored, but ate quickly, fearing a pack of wolves, or perhaps something that was merely stronger coming along and taking her prey from her. She ate nearly half of the young deer, when her belly was filled out, full at last. She cringed, her blue eyes squinting as she willed forward a trasformation.

Her paws elogated to the delicate hands and feet of a young woman. Her muzzle shortened, and her teeth returned to a more human state. The fur covering her body shortened to a fine, peach like fuzz across her body, revealing lightly tanned skin. Her hair returned to her normal, medium ash blonde hair, reaching partially down her back to her shoulder blades. In the front, a few strands dangled to her collarbone.

She straightened out her hair with her fingers, her icy blue eyes shimmereing in the moonlight. Her slight curves accented her body's shape, she seemed to bathe in the moonlight for a moment, before reaching into an abandoned owl's nest, and pulling out a red silk kimono. She wrapped the dress-like robe around her, the golden embroidering glowing in the moonlight.

"Its nearly a full moon," she spoke quietly, staring into the sky.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene walked along the empty path through the woods. She needed to find prey, and soon. She didn't know if she could wait any longer. The urge to feed was growing stronger every minute, and she didn't want to attack a traveler. She stepped into the trees and melted into shadow. She would only need something small. A wolf, perhaps. Maybe even just a coyote. She managed to find a set of tracks, deer from the look of them, and sniffed the ground. It wasn't a large herd, and there were some small ones. She would just take one of those. Selene followed the tracks to a small clearing and saw a herd of about ten. Three of them were very young, maybe only weeks old. She sat in a tree to wait for one of the young ones to stray so she wouldn't alert the adults. She hated unnecessary killing. A small fawn eventually stumbled from the herd, following a rabbit into the trees. Selene followed the young deer from the safety of the tree branches until it was far enough from the main herd that it would cause no trouble. She focus all of her attention on it, waiting for the perfect time to strike. She would cause the poor thing as little pain as possible. If it stepped forward, she could just break its neck as she fell. The fawn took two steps, and Selene crouched, ready to pounce. She growled softly and leaned forward.

Suddenly, Selene saw a white blur hit the deer and grabbed hold of the trunk of the tree to steady herself. A large, snow white wolf landed, her prey in its mouth. There was something not quite right about this wolf. Selene sniffed the air. A lycan, she thought. What is it doing here?? I've heard nothing of a lycan in this area. Selene watched from her tree as the wolf dragged the fawn a short distance away and began ripping away chunks of flesh. She wouldn't kill a lycan. They were forced into hiding the same as she was. She would not punish one for taking what was probably the only food in the area. Selene studied the lycan and noticed it was more petite than the ones she had fought. A female?? Curious, she decided to watch the lycan as it fed. It seemed hungry, as though it hadn't eaten in days. It probably hasn't, Selene thought. There was precious little prey in these woods. She would just find something else. This creature had piqued her curiosity, and feeding could wait another hour or two. The lycan devoured half of the deer before wiping its muzzle and standing. It seemed to concentrate for a moment, then its body shimmered and changed.

It is a female!! Selene watched the lithe form as she untangled her hair. She was quite beautiful. The girl reached into a hole in the trunk of the tree Selene was perched in and pulled out something red. Was that some sort of cloth?? The girl unfolded a kimono and wrapped it around her slender body, the kimono shining like fire in the moonlight. She finished tying the sash and looked up at the sky.

"It's nearly a full moon," the girl said. Selene looked at the moon as well. Yes, it was indeed nearing full. Maybe two nights more. It would be an interesting time, the first full moon of the season. Selene looked at the girl one last time, then silently leaped from the tree to the ground. She landed with a nearly inaudible thump and turned to look at the girl. She didn't turn around. Selene turned to walk into the trees in search of new prey. She would not bother the lycan, nor would she stay in the next town long. She would not take from this girl's food source. As she walked away though, Selene stepped on a twig that snapped with a resounding crack. It seemed much louder in the otherwise silent woods. Selene leaped behind a tree and watched.

bluemoon

Mika felt like she was being watched, which was part of the reason for her fast eating. She could smell something faintly, but had troubles distinguishing it from all the other scents flooding to her. She could hear the being, high above her in the trees. It was a very silent creature, but Mika's finely tuned ears could pick up the faint rustling. The being jumped down, making a light thud on the ground. Mika ignored it, if it didn't bother her she wasn't going to bother it.

It wasn't until the twig snapped that she took any real notice, turning towards the sound. Her blue eyes scanned the forest, but did not catch sight of what made the noise. A sly smile crossed her face, a small amount of blood still gleaming on her pointed canines.

"Come out, vampire, I know you're here. I know you've been following me. I must admit, you hide your scent well, and are quite stealthy, besides your blunder with that twig of course," She saw the broken twig near a tree, and knew the being couldn't be far off. A lycan or demon's scent would have been easy to define, but a vampire could be tricky, especially if they were good at hiding it.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selena stepped out from the trees, her hand involuntarily going to her belt to rest just near her daggers. She stood slightly crouched, eying the girl warily and sniffing the air, trying to decide if she meant ill. When the girl didn't attack her, she adopted a slightly more relaxed pose, the hood of her cloak still hiding her face. She took a few steps toward the lycan and stopped. No point in making her feel threatened. Selene noticed that the girl's teeth still dripped blood. She held her hands down and out to her sides, showing she was unarmed, then lifted one hand toward the lycan and began to speak in a lilting voice, trying not to sound threatening.

"My name is Selene Entos. I am indeed as you name me, I hide my scent with a blend of oils meant to match my surroundings. I mean you no harm, and I would hope you have good intentions toward me as well. You hunt well, though you did steal my prey." She smiled. "No matter. May I inquire as to your name??

bluemoon

"Hmm, interesting, your prey? To my knowledge, as I was the one to make the first move, it was my prey," she said, putting more effort into the mine and yours aspect, "However, that aside, I am called Ammi, Princess Ammi. And fear not, as I have no intention of killing something I wouldn't eat anyhow."

Ammi ran her slender fingers through her hair, using them as a make-shift brush. She lifted her arm, wiping away the blood from her lips. A small grin was on her face, her lips a soft pink, exposing the slightest white of her teeth. She knelt to the ground, picking up the rest of the carcus.

"But you know, if you really want it, I'm full, and there is still blood left..." her grin widened as she threw the deer to the vampire's feet.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene bowed to the girl. Princess or no, this woman had an air about her that demanded respect. She didn't usually defer to people, but she didn't feel like arguing at the moment.

"Well met, Princess. It is true you made the first strike. I ought to have acted faster. I did nearly fall from the tree and land on you, however. You startled me as I was jumping."

She looked down at the half-eaten carcass and debated whether or not to feed from it. She did not want to give the girl something to hold over her, and it wasn't exactly a fresh kill now, but it was better than nothing. She doubted she would be able to find anything else tonight. Feeling slightly ashamed, she looked at the princess apologetically and leaned down to what was left of the fawn so she could feed. As she drained what she could, she fought with herself about what to do. Did she walk away and leave the area?? Or did she stay and try to befriend the girl?? Better let her make the first move, she decided. She didn't want to provoke a fight. Lycans may be a bit slower, but they can hold their own in a fight. She finished feeding and stood. It had taken many years of practice to feed without smearing blood on herself, but she did pull a leaf off of a tree to wipe her lips clean. She pulled one of the vials from her belt and poured a single drop of a dark green liquid on the deer. The body deteriorated quickly, leaving only bones. Normally she would bury her prey, but she had matters to attend to. She returned the vial to her belt and turned to face the princess. She didn't really care what the girl thought of her. She had long ago stopped caring about others' views of her. She lived the life of a wanderer, here one day and gone the next, so it was really of no consequence. Something about this girl intrigued her, though. She was different. Perhaps she would stay around and see what happened. The worst the princess could do was kill her. Selene lowered the hood of her cloak, revealing her inhumanly beautiful face and deep green eyes. She leveled her gaze with the girl's and smiled.

"Perhaps we should start again. I am a wanderer and herbalist, though I can weild a sword as well as any. I was passing through this land looking for temporary lodging. As this is your hunting ground, I will stay no longer than you will allow. I am not fond of battles over food." Selene bowed low, exposing the back of her neck in a gesture that told the princess as long as she was not attacked she could be trusted, then stood and smiled again. She had a feeling that her life was about to become interesting.

bluemoon

(I meant to say Mika, I was posting on another site where my character's name is Ammi XD my bad, and I can't edit my posts yet, so change all cases of 'Ammi' to 'Mika' and that's what I meant...)

A small frown crossed Mika's face as she watched the vampire eat, she was thinking something less of her.

"Do you think me to be stupid?" she said, quite angrily, "I knew that many vampires thought less of lycan, but I thought you might have been different! You seemed to be more intelligent than many of the beasts I have encountered, but then again," she said, her anger starting to diddipate, "I suppose I can't blame you for thinking lycan to be slow, especially looking at many of the human's 'pets' and their ignorant ways," she closed her eyes momentarily, collecting heself.

Her head dropped down a bit, her hair falling into her face. Her eyes flickered open, revealing her icy blue gaze upon Selene. She grinned, an akward grin that would send chills up a human's spine. Her head lifted back up, and she flipped her hair out of her face.

"You may stay as long as you'd like, vampire, I have a small shack not far off that serves its purpose as a shelter," she said, reaching out her hand in a sign of hospitality.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

"Forgive me, Princess." Selena said as she took her hand. "I did not realize you could see thoughts. I did not mean to imply that you are slow. The few of your kind I have met thus far have been male, and were indeed a bit sluggish. I have never even seen a female. I am sorry I offended you." Princess Mika had a chilling grin, but Selene was used to it. She had seen many besides her own. Selene pulled off her cloak and hung it over her arm, revealing her slender, graceful figure and her skin that glowed faintly in the moonlight. As they walked in the direction of the shack, Selene looked around her. Food seemed to be scarce, which made prey scarce as well. Selene looked at the princess.

"Is this place so ravaged by the fighting that you have no companions?? I have never seen a lycan travelling without at least a few creatures to do its bidding." Selene bowed a bit. "Not that I meant to imply that your kind are tyrants. Merely the ones I have had the misfortune of meeting."

Sinna Mystika

((I assumed as much, which is why I avoided using her name. Just in case.  ;) ))

bluemoon

(thanks XP)

"Yes, many lycan do travel in pairs, or small packs. I however," she looked to the ground, pausing for a moment, "I am without a partner..." she trailed off, wandering into the depths of her own mind, her memories.

She quickly shook her head, coming out of her trance-like state. She leapt over a fallen tree, leading the way to her small shack. It took only a mere 15 minutes to come to the small wooden building, it had obviously been built long ago, perhaps an abandoned tool shed. She stopped a few feet from the building, turning back to Selena.

"The land is not ravaged by the fighting between species, but rather the over-hunting of the gluttonous human kind," she said, her peircing eyes caught on Selena's own, "Anyways, this is home," she turned back to the shed, motioning with her hand in an open gesture.

She led Selena inside, there was not much. A small desk with a lantern on it, a wooden stool by that. Some cushions in the corner of the room created a make-shift bed. She had a blanket over some items in another corner, her private stash of 'things'.

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selena looked at the princess. There was something more to her than first met the eye. She walked around the perimiter of the small shack, observing her surroundings. It was more than she expected. She usually just slept in a tree. Selene wondered briefly what was under the blanket in the corner. She removed her weapons and her belt and stacked them neatly in an empty corner. Sitting cross-legged on the floor, she looked up at the princess. She wanted to ask a million questions, which surprised her. She usually didn't meddle in the affairs of strangers. She settled for a few basic questions.

"So, do you mind if I ask why you live here?? You can blend in with the humans well enough to live among them. You say you are a princess. Don't you have royal responsibilities?? They're not looking for you, are they, princess??" Selene cocked her head to one side, temporarily stemming the flow of questions. "May I call you Mika??"

bluemoon

Mika's head tilted slightly at the sudden flurry of questions. Her nose crinkled a bit as the vampire rambled.

"Nobody is looking for me, I am of royal blood, but my time was long ago, my father and sisters have long since ceased living, as have my deciples. No vampire, nobody looks for me," she walked over to the blanket, rummaging beneath it for a moment, pulling out a bottled of aged wine.

"As for humans, their scent alone makes me sick anymore. Why would I want to live among such vile beings, I only go into towns to restock on supplies anymore, its been a good 30 years since I've had to do that though," she said, pulling out two wine flutes in the other hand, "I assume this will be more of your taste," she said, setting the glasses on the desk along with the bottle of wine.

"I live here, because it is quiet, and I no longer need to worry about being caught at the full moon. And, finally, you may call me Mika, 'Princess' is merely a formality, I am not the same 'person' I was back then..."

Mika took her finger, sharpening and hardening her nail. She dug it into the cork cap, twisting and popping it from its lodged position. The wine inside bubbled up from the sudden interaction with air, spilling slightly over the outside of the bottle. She poured the red liquid into the two glasses.

"I know its not blood, but I've heard vampires enjoy their wine aswell," she smiled, holding a glass out to Selena.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene took the proffered glass with a smile. She did indeed like wine. As a matter of fact, she could eat human food, she just chose not to. While it satisfied the needs of her body, it did not satisfy the need to feed. She said as much to Mika as she thanked her for the wine. Selene took a small sip of the wine, and sighed.

"You have good taste," she said. "I do apologize for the questions. It's been fifty years since I met anyone that piqued my interest." Selene sipped her wine. "Yes. This is good." Selene sat silently for a moment with her eyes closed, then spoke quietly. "I've not seen a white wolf in a long time," she said sadly. "My father introduced me to one when I was young. Not a lycan, but a sentient wolf. When I saw you, I thought for a moment that you were somehow that same wolf." She opened her eyes and smiled warmly at Mika. "I'm sorry, how rude. Have you any questions of me?? Here I am, a guest in your home, and I'm badgering you without telling you anything of myself.

bluemoon

"I don't pry at others past, as it gives me no sort of satisfaction. If there is something you wish to tell me, you may. If you wish on the other hand to remain silent, just aswell," she leaned against the desk, swirling the red liquid in the glass. She took a sip, she saved her wine for special occassions, usually preffering the strength of whiskey over the pallette of wine.

"This wine has been aged for nearly 200 years, I have been saving it," she stared into the glass, "But what's the use in saving something and never using it, right?" she asked, a smile returning to her face as she held up the glass, "To the memories of friends fallen, and the prospect of those anew."

Mika continued to sip her wine, savoring the flavor. She looked around her 'home' examining how dull everything seemed. Compared to her luxurious palace life, or even the life of many of her deciples, this would have been quite innadequate. There were three windows, one on each wall, minus the wall with the door. They seemed very dull, as they had not been properly cleaned in a long time, one was badly cracked. The boards of the shack were poorly put together, the cracks between them allowing the cool autumn wind to enter, sending a chill up and down Mika's delicate body.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene raised her glass half-heartedly to Mika's toast, but she didn't drink. She stared into the wine as she thought of fallen friends. They were all gone now. No one left but her. Selene sighed, then shook her head as though to regain her bearings. She forced a smile onto her face and looked at Mika.

"I have nothing to say that would be any interest to you, I suppose." Selene watched Mika as she looked around her little home, a look of disappointment on her face. A breeze blew through the shack and Mika shivered. Selene gestured around her. "A little pine brush," she said, thinking of the small shelters she had built when she found no lodging in the cold times. "If you stuff it between the boards and cement it with a bit of mud, it will keep the wind out. It isn't pretty, but it's warmer. I can collect some tomorrow, after I've slept for a few hours. I've been walking all day and I'm tire, else I'd do it now. I will fix what I can, if you like."

bluemoon

"There sin't much need for it, though if you'd like you can. I know vampires aren't really affected by the cold all too much," Mika said, pulling a blanket from the corner, "But would you care for one?" she set the blanket on the desk next to the wine bottle.

She continued rummaging, until she came across a second blanket. She slid one of the cushions over to Selene, it wasn't much, but would serve at the very least as a pillow. Mika herself loosened her kimono, slipping back into her wolf-skin. The white wolf nudged her nose beneath the blanket, curling up among the cushions. She raised her head, staring at Selene.

"You may turn down the lantern whenever you decide to rest," her voice sounded like chimes, and with that, she rested her head on her paws, closing her crystal-like eyes.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene watched Mika as she changed, admiring the fluid transformation. She waited until the wolf had settled down, then stepped outside to look at the moon once more. No, the temperature didn't affect her in the slightest. She felt cold for a different reason. She thought about the past for a moment, recalling her early childhood. Her mother, defending her against the villagers one day. For a moment, her mother's face showed clearly in her mind, then it was gone. Selene went back into the shack, and sat with her back against the wall. She tucked the pillow behind her head and spread the blanket over herself. She would sleep tonight, and tomorrow she would start her life again.

bluemoon

Mika's night was long, as she dreamt of the past. Everything seemed to only be a dream anymore. Everyone was here one moment, and gone the next, a year of their life equalling almost nothing to her. As her body lay there, her mind dreaming, she started to whimper. Her face was that of a wolf in distress, her paws lightly twitching as she 'ran'. It was like this for much of the night, as she re-visited much of her past life.

Abruptly, she awoke, in her human form once more. Sometimes it happened, her dreams would affect her emotions, bringing on a change. She was breathing heavily, panting if you will, as she looked around the shed. The vampire still lay on the floor, propped up against a wall. They were eerily silent and still when they rested, this aspect of vampires always creeped Mika out.

She rose, the blanket gently falling back to her bed. Her cheeks bloomed into a rosy hue as she realised she was no longer covered. She simply thanked the fact that the vampire was resting, and quickly changed into a wolf. She could tell the vampire had been hungry, and the small amount of blood from the fawn had probably only increased her desire to feed. Mika figured the least she could do was to bring her back a fresh rabbit, perhaps still struggling to get free from her jaws. She slipped out of the shed silently, and into the woods to hunt for her guest. Luckily, vampires were moderately easy to 'shop' for.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selena rose from her rest, sensing that something was different. She opened her eyes and looked around. The wolf was gone. Perhaps she had gone to hunt. Selene stood as she remembered that she needed to feed, and badly. She didn't want Mika wondering where she had gone, though. That could sit badly with someone in hiding. She knew. Selene stepped outside the small shack into the early morning light and inhaled deeply. She picked up some twigs and quickly wove them into a small basket, then began to collect some pine brush from around the house. Whether she could feel it or not, if an animal as magnificent as a wolf needed blankets, the shack must get pretty cold. Selene didn't wander far, the little shack never leaving her sight, as she gathered the pine needles that covered the ground. Mud she would deal with later. Even if Mika said it was unnecessary, it was but a small kindness to repay for the shelter she had been given.

bluemoon

Mika had been sniffing for nearly a half hour, searching for anything, be it small game or not. She finally caught a scent, a hare, on the old side. Normally she wouldn't have bothered, as rabbit meat was gamey to her anyways, and being older would make them extra chewy. But this was different, she was hunting for blood, and she figured that blood was blood, young or not.

The hare was about 20 yards away, nibbling on some wild clover. Mika crept closer, slowly and silently. As the hair raised its head, Mika halted, lowering her body to the ground. The hare looked around for a moment, then decided it was okay to return to grazing on the clover. Soon the clover would be frosted over, and the rabbits and small animals much more difficult to find. As the hare returned to eating, Mika grew ever closer, she was only 5 yards away. This was much closer than she was usually able to get to her prey before initiating the chase, but this was older and not as sensitive to the world around it.

Her front legs shifted her weight back and forth, getting a feel for the earth around her. In a flash, the wold sprang to life, chasing the rabbit only a few feet before she had it caught in her powerful jaws. She held the rabbit just so, being careful not to kill it, but holding tightly so it couldn't excape. She quickly ran back to the shed, bringing her guest the fresh meal. The hare kicked its legs in protest to its fate, but to no avail, Mika was not letting go.

She reached the shed once more, looking around she noticed the vampire gathering pine brush. She made a grunting sound to let her know she was there.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kane Gunlock

(hi I'm going to use one of my regular Characters if thats ok)

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene looked up at the noise, and noticed the hare struggling in the wolf's jaws. She quickly sat her basket down and took the hare gently from Mika's mouth. She held the frightened creature so it would look at her and locked eyes with it. Suddenly, the animal stopped struggling, mesmerized. Selene broke the hare's neck, severing its spinal cord so it would not suffer. She fed from the hare, quickly draining it, and laid it on the ground gently. She stepped inside to grab her vials, and then returned to the hare. She leaned over the small body and poured a drop of liquid on its prone form. As she dug a small hole with her hands, the body decayed and disappeared, again leaving only bones. She swept the bones into the hole and covered them gently, patting the earth down flat, and stood to face Mika, bowing slightly.

"I apologize. I only have to feed every few days with small game. When I manage to catch a deer, I can go for a week or more. I typically do not feed in front of others, as it disturbs them. I will feed elsewhere from now on, if you wish me to."

Kane Gunlock

bluemoon

"Vampire, I am lycan. Do you honestly think your feeding habbits disturb me? I am the brute of the two breeds, more savage in my feeding habits. I know this and am not ashamed, if I wanted you to feed elsewhere I would not have brought you a meal."

Mika walked back into the shed, shifting into her delicate human frame once more. She walked outside, tying the kimono back around her. In the faint sunlight, you could see her lightly tanned skin, and the natural glow seeming to radiate from her. Her blue eyes, though a beautiful crystal in the moonlight, reflected the sun as the clear water of a river would.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kane Gunlock

Kane walked through the forest saki bottle in hand .he had the feeling he was lost much like alice or Dante. he was tired so he walked over to the nearest tree and sat against it for a moment .he took of his glasses then took a gulp from the bottle of Saki . his eyes moved to the sky and witnessed it changing from noon to evening .he lay there for a while thinking of nothing ,he liked it that way not having to think of her or him or why in the gods name he was still there he almost drifted of to sleep 

Sinna Mystika

Selene calmly retrieved her basket and resumed collecting pine needles. "I meant no offense, princess. I know of many with savage ways that are disturbed by my kind." She continued her harvesting until the basket was full, then she began digging for the wet earth that she would use to pack the pine brush into the gaps. She worked for nearly an hour before she stopped to take a rest inside. The sunlight would not kill her, as those abominations that called themselves vampires, but it would cause her severe pain if she stayed out too long.

bluemoon

Mika started to head back inside, when a scent caught her attention.

"Hey, Selene, do you smell that?" the faint smell of human wafted through the air. Mika started to growl, her canines growing longer as she snarled. Her nails grew long and sharp, her muscles rippling, screaming to change into wolf, "No..." she told herself, willing the change back, keeping only her claw like nails, sharper teeth, and finely toned muscles.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kane Gunlock

kane awoke relising it was dark, he thougt for a moment″i won't be able to make it to the town now better i find some were to hid and rest for the night” .he got up and walked aways tell he came to some under he quickly cleared it then crawled into it he then stat up right, unholsterd his magnum, pull the hammer,then closed his eyes and put the gun to his for head barrel facing out

Sinna Mystika

Selene sniffed the air too, and raced to grab her belt and cloak, coming outside fully prepared for a fight. She watched as Mika fought to keep control of her transformation, then scanned the trees for a sign of movement. She stood, crouched, trying to decide if she should search the human out, or stay put and wait.

"Do we go after it??"

bluemoon

"Only if he comes any closer," Mika said, her teeth clenched together tightly, "If he comes any closer he'll be invading the territory, that's when they become a threat," she said stafrting to growl a bit.

She couldn't stand humans, they were brutes. They hunted her kind, and others, out of their fear alone. Humans had a notion that they had a 'right' and that we were the abominations. The human kind dwindled, not because of mythical beings hunting them, but because they hunted themselves. What they called 'war' was feral at the very least, yet they celebrate killing their own kind. Then they blame their dwindling numbers on us, those who only kill to protect our young, ourselves. We nearly never killed ones of our own kind, hunting wild animals for food. Yet, the humans bred some, to use as their 'pets' and now we are forced to kill each other. Forced to lower ourselves to their level. Yes, Mika truly hated humans.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kane Gunlock

He slept in the under brush for close to four hours drifting in and out of REM sleep ,All the while gripping his gun tightly.he dreamed first of his friend all at a table dressed in an odd manner, as if they were having a party, the second dream he was endlessly floating in a shallow ocean ,the third and most horrible ,was the day his wife died .He can remember the knife at her throat ,the grin and the bastards face ,the red gushing down her neck ,and her enlarged belly that held his child .He awoke in a gasp,sweat coming down his forehead. He blinked a few times   before getting up and deciding to move on be it night or not. He hustlerd his wepoan and climbed out of the under brush and put his shades back out even when though it was dark

Sinna Mystika

Selene waited for nearly a half hour before moving. She did not sense the human coming any closer. She went into the woods to gather herbs for replenishing her potions, returning shortly and disappearing into the shack. She spent the day grinding and mixing the plants, and then walked outside to watch for the human, leaving them to sit overnight.

Kane Gunlock

He walked for a ways tell he came to the path then he  walked for a good 12 minutes. Then He came to a house or a cabin ,it looked abandoned from were he was standing. He then took a few more steps forword to see if anyone was in ,this meant he could get some directions "Hello" he shouted

bluemoon

Mika growled low, the human had approached her home, her sanctuary. Her canines once more grew magnificent and powerful. Her nails, sharpening into powerful claws. She looked to the vampire, they had been resting inside for a while now.

"Hello," the man shouted, just outside the shack.

Mika's voice was not friendly, as she spoke out of her hatred for his race, "What do you want?! What do you think you're doing here?!" she approached the window, peering out it to get a better look at her 'guest'. Her face started to elongate, taking on a much more fearsome, lupine appearance. Her muscles rippled, growing beneath her skin. Her entire body was a lethal weapon as she stoof there.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene watched as Mika began transforming, and jumped to the door. She looked at the human with a careless expression on her face, awaiting his answer to Mika's question. The human was dressed for a fight, and Selene was ready, one hand on her sword, the other held down with her fingers curled. Her hands weren't as lethal as a lycan's, but they would do some damage, if need be.

Kane Gunlock

He was a little glad to see some one else but as he got closer his mind had changed .in the yard was a Vampire and in the window has a Werewolf (or lycan he had heard that they liked to be called). Ether way he Really didn't like Vampires.he spent a week trapped in a village of the Bastards, all of them ether trying to turn him or suck him dry .When they found out his blood was 97% liquefied metal they switched to trying to rubb him out.

Lycan's on the other hand he had no problem with When most of them turned they couldn't help it. they to could not turn him but a bite from one would still be fatal .he would have to play this one carefully he thought to lighten the mood he would answer with a pun"coke with a side of fries" he said with his hand on his gun 

bluemoon

Mika was not amused by the human's words, "You dare mock me?!" she snapped, stepping out of the doorway onto the soft soil.

Her fangs were dripping, her pure hatred showing well through. She growled at him, deep and ferociously. Her muscles lengthened as the transformation was pushed slightly further. Her bones grew longer, muscles tighter. Her body was covered in a fine white fur, the skin beneath still slightly visible. Her body towered over the humans, her black lip quivering as she growled.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene stepped in front of Mika. She wanted no unnecessary killing.

"Human. I suggest you answer seriously. Though I can kill you easily, I do not think I could stop her. Nor would I try. You offend her on her property, she has every right. What have you come here seeking??"

Kane Gunlock

He smiled at this prospect "if only she  she knew how high my body count is " he thought to him self " he had no real advantage here the smart thing would be to turn back and find the path he was low on ammo and need food and of couse the lead above all things .He looked at her for a moment and said "answers" before taking a step back

bluemoon

Mika growled, "Answers to what, human? If you have no business here, your best bet would be to get off my land!" she snarled, snapping at him viciously. She was tired of playing games with the human, and was very ready to kill.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Sinna Mystika

Selene stepped forward as the human stepped back, holding her hands down and out to her sides as a sign of peace. She looked at him, smelled him, and nodded.

"You are no ordinary human, as I thought. Just as I am not what you assume me to be. Nor is the wolf as patient as you are hoping. I will ask again. What is it you seek??"

Kane Gunlock

"like I said answers" he said as the Nosferatu advanced in a none threatening way " and some supplies I guess " he looked back and forth between them trying to think of a good exit strategy then took another step back 

Sinna Mystika

Selene watched as the human grew nervous. She stepped back a step, and bowed to him slightly.

"You need not fear me if your intentions are good. I cannot speak for the both of us, however. Please be specific, or walk away. I do not kill unnecessarily, but I also do not risk my neck for those I do not know." Selene smiled a cold smile.

Demik

Red walked up next to Michael, the leader of the Hunter group she was a part of, and whispered very softly in his ear, "Are you sure this is right? I mean... they live out here in the middle of the woods and aren't hurting anyone..." Michael grabbed her by the throat and squeezed so hard she couldn't breathe as he hissed, "Don't question me. Just kill them. They're distracted by that idiot, now is the perfect time for us to strike." He let go of her and gave the signal for the large group of hunters to spread out and surround the shack. They had been covering their scent in various ways, using dirt and oils that made them smell no differently from the woods around them and most importantly keeping down wind. Red went to her place, watching the Human who was different from other Humans though she didn't know exactly how, the Vampire and the Lycan. She really didn't feel right doing this. They were far out here, no danger to any of the Human colonies. She saw Michael give a signal to the group that was to be the bait to lure the Lycan fully out of the house and they moved into the clearing with their weapons raised. Red suddenly couldn't sit still, this really wasn't right. She heard herself yelling, "Don't come out of the house!" She had thought it was just in her head but when she saw the look on the hunter's faces she knew she'd actually said it out loud. The demon ran out into the clearing and yelled, "Inside so they don't get a clear shot!" Then all hell broke loose as the hunters opened fire. "I can get us out! Just get inside everyone!" she shouted and sent a wall of force at the hunters in the clearing to blast them back.

bluemoon

Mika's body furiously shifted into an up-right forme, her white fur still covering her body, muscles bulging. Mika grabbed the human by his throat, growling as she heard rustling in the bushes. "Who did you lure here, human?!" she growled low, clenching his throat in her hands. Once she heard the demon's voice begin to ring, Mika hurled the human far into the woods. If he deserved to live he would, on the other hand she could care less if he never came back. Seline on the other hand, seemed to almost vanish, Mika could still smell her of course, but she was long gone. The speed of the vampire was nearly unmatched, but of course, Mika was one of those.

Mika's eyes scanned across, everything in almost slow motion as adrenaline pumped through her body. All sounds seemed drowned out by her own heartbeat, and her heavy breaths. With lightning speed, Mika took out one gunman, the rounds firing off in all directions, flying towards a couple others. She dashed inside, slamming the door shut behind her, the gun in her hand. Why did she go inside? Now she was trapped! And as for the human weapon, it seemed useless to her now. She opened it up, dropping a few rounds out into her hand. They were clear, liquid silver inside. They obviously were the hunters, those who she had hidden from for so long. She wasn't afraid, but outraged.

"Get the hell off my property!" she yelled from inside. A few of those bullets and it could be lethal. Of course, silver wasn't nearly as lethal as humans once thought, at least not to an ancient breed like Mika. The quickest way to keep a lycan down was infact to lop off its head. No, Mika wasn' afraid at all. Yet, one of the faint scents she caught wasn't human at all..."Another one of their pets, no doubt."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Michael yelled very angrily, "Stop Red! Don't move another muscle! You're gonna get it girl!" Red hesitated for a moment but then disappeared as she teleported inside the house in front of the lycan. She held her hands up and said very quickly, "Don't attack! I'm going to get you out of here so they don't kill you. This is gonna feel weird..." She reached out lightning quick and touched Mika then teleported both of them out of the house. There was a sensation like they were falling quickly then spinning then like they were being pulled up before they appeared on the top of a grassy hill. It was a very disorienting experience but Red was used to it. The grass was soft, green and fragrant and wildflowers were all around them gently swaying in the breeze. Red looked like she was on the verge of panic and said to herself, "What have I done... What have I done?! They're going to kill me or... or worse! I have to go back... no I can't go back... but I have to... Oh what am I going to do?" She reached up and twirled her red hair nervously while she considered her options; which weren't looking to good at the moment.

bluemoon

Mika walked over to the corner of the room, picking up her kimono in her massive claws. She turned around owards the door and was very surprised to see the demon appear before her. She was even more surprised when she pulled her through time and space, teleporting to another place. Mika had a horrid headache as she slowly lifted herself. The smell of wildflowers flooded her senses. Her body gently shifted into a young human girl. She sat up onto her heels, slipping the dress on, tying it around her waist.

She rose to her feet, brushing her hair from her eyes with her fingers. She looked around at the landscape, the grassy hill leading into a vast green valley, covered with wildflowers and clover. Her eyes paused on the demon who dragged her here. She walked swiftly over to her, grabbing her by the shoulder and swinging her around. "What the hell were you doing with them?!"
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red had momentarily forgotten about the lycan until she grabbed her by the shoulder and yelled at her. She ducked her head, expecting to get hit or something. When no strike came a blush came to her cheeks and she replied, "They are my family. I just... I couldn't... you hadn't done anything. You were out of the way. You weren't threatening anyone... I couldn't let them kill you. I don't know what I was thinking... they're going to be so mad at me... I'll take you home soon but not now. They'll wait for you there for a couple days probably." She absently twirled her fingers through her hair nervously again. Still debating whether she should go back to them or not. Red didn't want to risk going back now and possibly stranding the Lycan here in the middle of nowhere with no way to get back. They were a very long way from Mika's little home in the woods. In the  sunlight her deep red hair glittered with every little movement as the wind gently blew it around.

bluemoon

Mika let go of the demon walking away and looking around. "Damnit, I'm stuck out here, and don't even have my whiskey..." She kicked her foot across the grass lightly, making some flowers and grass blades sway. She let out a sigh, squating to the ground and fiddling with some petals. "Some family, bet they killed off everyone you ever knew. They hunt your kind, you know?" She fell back onto the grass, staring up into the sky. "They kill us all off, whether we bother them or not. I've seen it happen before plenty of times, and it won't be the last either."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red turned and looked at Mika on the ground. She walked over, pulling a metal flask from her pocket as she did. She plopped down next to the lycan and handed her the flask, "It's whiskey. Michael likes me to hold onto it for him because I keep it warm. He likes it really warm. It's supposed to be a good kind too but I really wouldn't know. They don't let me have any." She ran her fingers through the long grass and flowers and said softly, "We're only trying to make the world safe so people don't have to live in fear. I was just a baby when they took me in. I kinda remember my parents. It's just voices really and I can remember their faces. That's all though. My family says they killed them because they had been terrorizing a lot of people. I was innocent though so they took me in and raised me to be helpful and to protect people."

bluemoon

Mika sat up, taking the flask in her hand. She chuckled as she opened it, taking a swig. "And you believed that load of crap? They kill us, not because we terrorize them, but because they are afraid we are out numbering them. They kill us out of the potential that they will no longer rule this world. They probably only took you in because you were un-set in your ways, and they could mold you into a killer, tracker." Mika threwherself back down on the ground, taking another swig. "All humans are liers..." she closed her eyes, and began to mumble to herself, "I hate the fact that I ever was one."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red plucked a blade of grass and said as she pulled it into little strips, "It's just one big, nasty circle isn't it? The Vampires, Demons, Lycans and everyone just want to live and have their friends and family and the Humans want the same. Both see each other as a threat and try to destroy each other. How do I choose a side? I'm a Demon but Humans raised me. They are my family... even if they don't always treat me so good. I'm sorry I'm sure you don't want to hear about my problems. Are you hungry? I can make us something to eat. I'm a really good cook. There is a little herd of deer over that way and if I get one it'll make a good meal. Or there's some wild pigs off there. I'm sure I can find some vegetables, maybe some berries... What do you think?"

bluemoon

Mika sighed, rolling onto her side, propping herself up. "You don't understand...most of us left humans alone for a long time, yet humans hunt us, only because of our rising numbers. I will admit that since humans have been hunting us for petty reasons, the amount of humans being killed has increased, but nothing compared to the amount of demons, lycan, vampire, and many other breeds being hunted down. Do we not hold the same right as humans?" She sighed, shaking her head at the demon's ignorance. "The fact that they raised you does not make them your family, Demon..." She stood up, stretching her arms out. She scratched at her hair for a moment, "I'm not exactly hungry...though if you are, I have no problems in hunting."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red just sat in the grass contemplating what Mika had said. Just because they had raised her didn't make them her family? Then what would they be? She suddenly realized the lycan was waiting for her and jumped up, "I am a bit hungry." She looked around and spread out her senses then pointed to the forest that lay at the edge of the grassy field, "The wild pigs are off that way I think one of those would be good." She took off running down the hill and to the forest. A little way in she slowed and began creeping along to sneak up on the pigs. They were rooting around in a small clearing. Red eyed them and decided to take the fat elderly female of the group. She pulled her short bow from her back and notched a silver tipped arrow then let it fly. It hit the pig in the eye, killing it instantly. The other pigs were confused at first, looking for the assailant, but then ran off. Red walked into the clearing and looked around it, "Why don't we stay here? It's a nice little clearing." She took her arrow from the pig's eye and laid it aside. "Do you want to skin the pig or look for vegetables and stuff?" she asked.

bluemoon

Mika shook her head. "I usually eat my meat raw, and like to hunt for mysef personally. But like I said, I'm not all that hungry." She lifted the hefty wild sow from the ground with ease, a seemingly impossible feat, even for large male humans. Good thing she had lycan strength on her side. She lifted it by its leg, then bound the legs between her hand, to disperse the weith. She wouldn't want the leg to rip off just yet. "I don't think I could stay here. It is nice, but I lived where I did not because of how nice it was. That place had sentimental value to me."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red looked at her quizzically for a moment then said, "Oh, I didn't mean forever I just mean for now. I'll take you back to your home soon enough but not yet, they'll still be waiting for you. Then they'd kill you and all this would be for nothing. Unless... you really want me to take you back... They are going to be so mad at me they might completely forget about you... you could possibly slip away and at least then you'd be closer to home and not have to rely on me to get you back." She really hoped that wasn't what the lycan wanted but if it was she'd do it. She suddenly blushed and said, "I just realized we don't even know each others names. I'm Red." She twirled her long red hair and said with a half smile, "They weren't very creative in naming me..."

bluemoon

"I'm fine with staying here for a while..." she said, carrying the hog back to the clearing upon the hill. She set it down on the ground in front of her, looking around for a moment. "Fetch some firewood and herbs, I assume you want this cooked." She allowed her sharp claws to grow, scraping against the hogs skin, removing the bristly hairs. "A name is no more than a formality, something to call you. If you prefer something else, why not be called that instead? I am called Mika."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Ramael

Razuel had picked up the scent again, and this time it was not far off.

Here, piggy wiggy...iggy?

Abruptly, the demon paused in his loping through the grass. Standing up straight and scenting the air, Razuel's thick ash-black hair shimmered as the youth scanned from left to right. Large ears twitching, grey-green eyes unblinking, the demon was straining all his senses on the target that had previously been so close.

Now frowning, slowly resumed his pace. Gone? Just like that? Can't be human hunters. They carry that awful packaged gruel on missions...the only thing that could snap up a live animal like that is...

Razuel's glittering eyes widened. It was clear now.

Breaking into his loping run once again, he headed for where the source of the delectable, living, breathing animal smell had vanished. Hunger nearly forgotten in his excitement, the young demons mind raced.

How long has it been since I've seen another? Maybe this one's from my clan?

Razuel had been on his own stalking humans so long he had nearly forgotten the only thing he treasured above a warm meal. Company.

Sprinting headlong now, he closed his eyes. Not to hurl headlong into a tree, however. Although his sense of smell wasn't as keen as a lycans, or his bloodsense as strong as a vampires, Razuel did have other senses he owed to his demon heritage that could be useful.

As his eyes rolled up into his skull, he became aware of another sight. Sketchy, grey shapes swarmed into Razuel's consciousness and slowly came to resemble the forest he had just closed his eyes on. He could see each tree stump clearly as he bounded over it, each clump of grass, each wild mushroom with much more clarity than he could with his normal eyes. Concentrating now, he zoned in on the shape ahead, and was instantly dismayed.

Another?! Not demon...

Razuel strained his mind-sight farther. It was a sense, but also one that had to be practiced, and Razuel wasn't as advanced as some of the elder members of his clan. Now he was nearly on top of the pair, and tried to slow his pace. No doubt they would have heard him crashing through the undergrowth by now anyway.

As he slowed to a halt, he ended his mind-sight and reopened his physical eyes, not needing any special senses to recognise the other figure that sat with the demon he was so keen to meet.

Lycan...

Too late for subtlety, Razuel cursed his headlong entrance and hoped the lycan didn't harbour any ill towards demon folk. Razuel had seen clashes between the two races before...and they were never pretty.

Standing now before the two, chest heaving, he could make them out. One, an attractive blonde...latina? was hunched over the carcass of a boar, in a red kimono. The other, another female, was tall and tanned, her deep scarlet hair swirling from the top of her head.

Catching his breath, Razuel now felt rather self-conscious.

"...uh...Well met. Thats a...quite a catch, you have there." The youth stumbled.

bluemoon

ika heard an unruly rustling in the woods, her finely tuned ears catching every sound as the demon pranced towards where the prey had been caught. She inhaled, taking in the scent carried on the wind, demon? Another? "Well, it seems we have company," Mika said, only moments before the demon ran into the open.

Mika slowly turned, her fine features revealing, she was definaltely not latina. Some of her features may have been mistaken as such, but her features were obviously different. "Yes...it is Demon..." Mika said, examining the newcomer. It always interested her, how demons could develope so differently from one another. "What did you come here for? I doubt you found us by accident."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red had been picking herbs from around the clearing, considering what Mika had said about names, when she heard the rustling and felt something drawing near. She was surprised, to say the least, when another demon came into the clearing. She stayed silent after the lycan spoke, looking between Mika and the newcomer. She wasn't sure what to think of his sudden appearance but he didn't seem to be hostile. For one he wouldn't have come crashing through the woods if he had been sneaking up on them. She hadn't ever been around another of her kind when she wasn't fighting them. Suddenly she asked, "Would you like to join us for dinner?" she blushed deeply and said more softly, "We have more than enough..."

Ramael

Quite a catch!? Anyone would think you were talking to fishermen, Razuel!

The young demon berated himself mentally. He could not blame the lycan for being suspicious. He was even becoming suspicious of himself. His large ears twitched absentmindedly, and he bit his lower lip with a fang.

"I, uh, came here for...well, I was tracking this big boar, you see...it...well it's..."

Razuel fumbled and decided to change subject. "Well, recently I heard there were troop movements...human troop movements...I've been shadowing them for a while but they are large in number and...well, today I guess I let my belly get the better of me."

He turned to the red haired woman as she offered him the very beast he had been hunting on a plate, literally. Awed at her gratitude, he nodded his head eagerly.

"Yes, thank you! That's good of you. My name is Razuel, by the way. Are you always this kind to strangers?"

Razuel looked around awkwardly. He desperately wanted to ask the red-haired woman just exactly how she goes about the civilised concept of "dinner" with a lycan, but Razuel thought the two could be long-time friends and didn't want to upset the equilibrium. What he wanted more was to ask her of her lineage and how long the demoness had been out here...Razuel liked to think of these parts as his territory.

bluemoon

Mika rolled her eyes as Red seemed to gush over the male. She returned to the sow, scraping the thick layers of hide, almost tenderizing it. "We need something to roast it on, Red. Where is the fire wood I asked for?" Mika was calm, and almost seemed to ignore the newcomer all together. She grinned, laughing silently to herself. normally, she would merely devour the raw meat then and there.

"You know, its a good thing I'm not eating, or there might not be enough for everyone," Mika grinned, letting go of the kill. She stood up, brushing off her kimono...more like wiping her hands on it. She sighed, throwing her hands behind her head, her claws reverting back into her human nails.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red blushed even more when he asked if she was always so kind to strangers. "Um.. I... that is..." she stammered but then she was saved by Mika asking her where the firewood was. That was something she could easily answer, "There's no need for a fire. Here." She grabbed the sow and placed it on a nearby rock then sprinkled the herbs over it, rubbing them into the flesh a bit. She placed her hands on it, they glowed red, like hot metal. Soon the smell of cooking meat was sent wafting around the clearing and within a couple of minutes the sow was fully cooked perfectly. Red shook her hands like she was shaking water off of them to cool them off a bit and looked around the clearing. She found what she was looking for and went to pick up a large piece of bark that had fallen from a tree and was fairly clean. She brushed it off a bit and broke it into three pieces for them to use as plates. She handed one to Mika even though she had said she wasn't going to eat and then held one out to Razuel. "These will work for plates... go ahead and get what you want." she said softly.

Ramael

Razuel watched in interest as the scarlet-topped demoness worked her magic onto the animal flesh. With widening eyes, the young demon watched as she cooked the meat with her bare hands. Looking from the meat, to the woman and back again, he uttered in an awed tone;

"You're...a fire demon? Wow, I've never met one before..."

Razuel was prevented from saying more as the smell from the cooking meat and herbs reached his nose and sent a crushing wave of hunger through his body and threatened to buckle his knees.  Giving in, he gladly accepted the improvised dish and tore himself a chunk of meat, glistening with juices and giving off delightful smelling steam. Sinking his teeth into the food, he could not stop a moan of sheer pleasure eminating in his throat. Squishing in his behind into the grass on the ground while he ate, he regarded the pair.

From her bossyness, he would have said the blonde lycan was the one in charge here...but the redhead had defied her by giving her a plate when it wasn't asked for...hmm.

After the first few greedy mouthfuls, Razuel found he had enough will to manage speech again.

"My deepest thanks. Apparantly along with being a fire demon, you have a talent with food as well. This is...fantastic."

He chewed another mouthful thoughtfully, regarding the two again. Wiping away juices from his mouth with the back of his hand, he remembered he had neither of their names. They can't be that scared of me to remain anonymous while I eat their food...

"Now I know you must have names, and aren't simply out here for the good of wandering hungry demons."

bluemoon

Mika sat there, tossing the make-shift plate to the ground. "I said I didn't want any..." Mika growled lightly. It was more of irritation than aggression. "Besides, if i'm going to eat something, its going to be cooked over a wood fire, not by the hands of a demon...I like the smoky flavor..." Mika sat back down, tossing her head back again, onto the plush grass. It was slightly irritating, that she had to introduce herself again, but formalities and what not.

She sighed, closing her eyes, remembering her make-shift home back in the woods. She didn't want to know what they'd done to her things anymore. It was in the past now. "I am known as Mika..." she spoke softly, her voice like a gentle whisper on the wind. She was not like most lycan, and hated few species for being what they were, besides humans. She hadn't trusted humans in decades, though her body looked no older than two(decades) at the most.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red flinched and ducked her head when Mika threw down the plate and growled at her. She said softly, "I-I'm sorry..." She pulled a good chunk of meat from the animal and put it on her makeshift plate. Then she walked over and sat apart from both of them to nibble at her food. She replied to Razuel, "I'm Red... my name I mean. Yes, I am a fire demon. I'm glad you like it. I always cook for my family it's one of my duties." She suddenly felt uneasy talking about her family with this demon. Mika knew who her family was and what they did but he didn't. What would he think? Would he attack her if he found out? She didn't want that. She neither wanted to be hurt or to hurt him. She fell silent, her eyes going to the ground like she saw something terribly interesting there as she brought another piece of meat to her lips and nibbled at it.

Ramael

Razuel arched an eyebrow in surprise at Mika's display of irritation. Still, only to be expected from a lycan, he supposed. Razuel continued to watch the female as he ate, still pondering.

Weren't the standing monkeys using lycans as pets now?

Razuel surmised that this could well be the source of Mika's irritation, especially if confronted with two other beings of different race. He slurped juice from his fingers loudly.

"I apologise if my presence here has caused discomfort. I came only to find others who were in hiding, or otherwise..."

Turning his head to Red, he smiled. The demoness was definately the weaker of the pair. Whilst Razuel bristled at Mika's petulance, Red seemed to let it go and even apologise. He surmised that this Red may have had a life of similar servitude...but from who? She wouldn't have been treated like that under his clan.

Trying to make good with them both, he first licked his plate clean and beamed at Red happily, showing both fangs.

"That was the most succulent thing I've eaten in over a fortnight. Thank you, Red," Razuel bowed shortly before her, his teeth and charms necklace dangling from his body as he did so.

Turning back to the irate lycan girl, he assumed an air of deference. He would reprimand her about her treatments of demons later. Now was not the time.

"Mika. Do you have any plans for being out here in the woods? Whilst we are more at home here, human advances have been known to come this far out...I assume you HAVE had contact with humans, yes?"

Try as he might, the young demon could not keep a tone of cynicism from his voice. He did not like the way the lycan treated a fellow demon, and he was struggling not to show it. Still, there were more important matters afoot, he supposed...

bluemoon

It could only be expected of Mika to be irritable with Red. It was Red who had led the human hunters to her home, who had plucked everything she had come to know and care for away from her. Mika had no problem with demons, but she was sure even Red understood her hostility. This newcomer though, she could feel his judging eyes, and his words caused an animalistic growl to rumble deep within herself.

"Do not speak to me like that, Demon." Mika had a very bad habit of calling beings by their species, rather than their titles. This was one of the reasons she found names to be quite pointless, but others seemed to enjoy the personal titles. "You don't understand the situation here, don't judge me." She wasn't about to gush out her life story to him, she instead ignored him. She rolled ont her side, facing away from the two, running her fingers through the gently swaying grass and clover.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red hadn't just brushed it off an apologized because she understood why Mika was irritated but also because she was used to being yelled at or hit. She was always apologizing for one thing or another. She watched and listened to the two then before Razuel could snap back she said quickly, "Don't blame her. It's my fault she's irritated. She has every right to be snappy with me. I... I led my family to her home and they were going to kill her and the others that were there. When the others ran I took her away and teleported her here where she would be safe. She... isn't very happy with me but I think she kind of understands because she hasn't attacked me or anything for doing it. She just wants to be home but I can't take her back until I'm pretty sure they're gone otherwise they'll kill her and possibly even me... they'll definitely punish me severely for helping our target escape."

Ramael

Arching an eyebrow after Mika's curt response, Razuel watched her casually roll ove and start playing with the grass, a move that Razuel found frustratingly cute. Razuel blinked and took a deep breath to probe further when Red interrupted his chain of thought.

Listening to the flame-haired demoness, he clenched his teeth. Clearly there was more to this then meets the eye. Watching her as she talked, he tried to put pieces of this fragmented tale together.

"Who are your family, exactly? And what do they want with Mika? If you're to be punished by them for helping another sentient creature in a time of need, why are you fraternizing with them...I mean why..."

Razuel was confused. He growled a little, cleared his throat and shook his head, his dark locks shimmering and his necklace clicking as he did so.

"What others? If I understand nothing else, then I understand that if others are being hunted, then they deserve help. Help I came out here to give...primarily to other demons..." He aimed a curt glance at Mika's prone form, then returned his grey eyes to Red. "...but also to others, if they are in need."

Raising an eyebrow at Red, he half-smiled at the lithe demoness. "Although maybe a fire demon with the ability to teleport doesn't need help of any kind, eh?"

Xious

Jakir comes awake with a start, rolling over onto his stomach as the world spins above him. He shuts his eyes to quell the headache forming in his mind. As he draws in a breath, he notices something wrong. The air tastes wrong in his mouth, and his blood doesn't rush with the relief that is usually tied to the action. Attributing the sense of wrongness to his headache, he draws his knee's up and tries to rise. Another breath clears his head just enough for him to open his eyes. The sharp contrast of the earth to blood around it steals the short moment of clarity away. He could see every facet of the stones in the ground, pick out each individual detail of the blade of grass next to him, and watch every ripple of the puddle a few feet away.

He takes in a deep breath as the reality of the situation sinks in. He slams a fist down on the ground, making a deep imprint in the ground as he struggles not to scream. He didn't even have anywhere to go for the morning. He struggled for a few more moments before getting a hold of himself. He reaches over and picks up his sword from the mud, standing to his feet. He swings the blade sharply, spraying the dirt and blood that coated the blade onto the ground in a small crescent. As his thoughts ran chaotic through his head, he turns and begins trecking slowly down the forest path, away from the village; Away from his hideout; Away from his life.

Demik

As was her normal nervous habit Red reached up and twirled a piece of her red hair. She bit her lip, wondering what he would think of her when she told him but there was no getting out of telling him now short of lying and then Mika would probably not be happy with her and she didn't want to lie anyway. Finally she sighed and said, "My family goes by the name The Crimson Flood. We, they, are a rather famous hunter group in the area we frequent. They killed my parents when I was a baby and took me in and raised me. I... I've been questioning their motives lately though. We used to go after creatures that were causing trouble... or they told me they were causing trouble at least. Lately we've been going after ones who are out of the way though, like Mika, who couldn't possibly be causing trouble for anyone. I don't know why I did it... why I saved her and brought her here away from them all. I just couldn't let them kill her when she didn't deserve it. Now... I wonder if any of them really deserved it... I'm just confused. I've been protecting Humans all my life but then I went against what they wanted and suddenly I realized they might kill me for it. Mika says just because they raised me doesn't mean they are my family... and maybe she's right. Family wouldn't do that... right?"

bluemoon

Mika mumbled to herself at Red's query, continuing to flick her finger back and forth gently over an extra long blade of grass. "Unless you're a savage..." Of course, she was speaking of humans. They fought over such petty things, religion, money. At least animals fought only when it was needed, and always fought fair...with the acception of a few insects and the like. Those damn slave driver ants made a bad name for animals. But those higher up on the ladder, wolves, large cats, they didn't do such things, yet it was they who were considered beasts.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

WolfosTrodai

"LOST THEM?" Abhorrent, yelling at his high general Gerald. "How could you possibly have lost them, I sent you with a quarter of my entire garrison!" Fury has taken him over, he grabs his lycan 'pet' by the through and slams it against a near by wall killing it instantly. "NEXT TIME YOU COME BACK WITH BAD NEWS, THAT WILL BE YOU!" The twitching bleeding corpse of the beast slowly changes back to a young man no more than 20 years of age as it takes it's final gasping breath. "Get that, thing, out of here."

Abhorrent gestures for Gerald to leave.  "I'll kill them myself if I have to, SCRIBE!" He yells for his note taker. "Write to Millish, tell him I am going after the princess myself." Millish being the only person that Abhorrent would ever report to regardless of their rank. Millish was his fathers concubine, and Abhorrent only felt it right to keep him in the ring of people he would keep in line of succession.

As his squires load his carriages to be shiped to his next camp, he orders his stable to set up a few horses to cary him there in one night to start his search early, "I want all my men mobile by the morning."

"Yes sir." His stablemen ran to the barrack and a hustle broke loose for preparation.

"This should be fun." He laughs to himself. And straps his daggers to his waist, and gathers his swords.

Ramael

Watching the demoness carefully as she twirled her hair in a pleasant but clearly nervous manner, Razuel suddenly felt bad for having put her on the spot. He was about to reach an arm to her shoulder in a reassuring manner...until he heard her story.

The Crimson Flood...no...

Razuel had not only heard of them, he had friends in his own small clan who had clashed with the infamous hunters. Seeing the wounds they came back with...Razuel couldn't help but think if Red could have been responsible for any of these.

But she says she has left them now...

Eyeing her warily, and now almost wishing he had some time alone to talk to Mika about the subject, Razuel clenched his teeth. He now understood the lycan's attitude.

"You're right, Red, family wouldn't do that. I think you've made the right decision but...what if they come looking for you now? Are you prepared for them? It won't be pretty. Still, you've cooked me a meal so that automatically puts me on your side..."

Razuel grinned and arched an eyebrow at the flame-haired demon, trying to ease the tension.

"If Mika has lost her home, and you have defected from a group of hunters, I don't think the best thing to do is stay here for much longer. We should try and find others like us...safety in numbers and all. I think we should get moving. What do you think? Mistress Flame? Were-lady?"

Razuel looked first at Red, then Mika, topping his speech off with what he hoped were jovial-sounding nicknames. He wasn't sure how the displaced lycan would take his suggestion...he wasn't exactly looking for leadership, but now having found company like himself, he wasn't about to let it get sprung upon by a bunch of armed humans.

Demik

Red was relieved when he didn't seem to be angry with her and smiled at his nickname for her. Defected? Her? She supposed that was true. She couldn't go back, not after helping Mika and having her eyes opened. She shook her head and said, "We don't have to worry about them coming after us here. They are... at least 50 miles to the East of us right now. I didn't want to be anywhere near them. That and they won't be able to find us without me. I was their tracker. It's going to be much harder for them to hunt without me. They depended on me for a lot of things. Without me they may even just fall apart..."

bluemoon

Mika growled at the name he reffered her by. 'Werewolves' the nae just pissed her off. It was a human nae for them, a fear within them. The werewolf they always thought of was a bipedal, blood thirsty beast. This was not what Mika was at all, though the full moon often brought out a similar side. She pushed herself off the ground, turning her head to look behind her.

"If you are honestly that weak, that you need more security to feel 'safe', you may be more of a liability than anything. I lived alone for years with no troubles." Mika grunted, allowing herself to fall back to the ground with a thud, releasing a flurry of dandelion seeds into the air. Her statement was not to truly 'get rid' of him, but to make him think before he spoke. "If there were many more of us, we would be in more danger than we already are. As is, I'm the best off, at least I can look human."

She couldn't help her cruelty, or harsh nature. It was part of her, pounded in by the decades upon decades of ignorance surrounding her. Bred in by her royal bloodline, and enhanced by those surrounding her. The stubborn lycan blod flowing through her veins most likely didn't help much either.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

WolfosTrodai

As morning broke Abhorrent was prepared for the journey that lay before him, he woke much before the sun, and remembered nothing from his sleep.  Dreams did not come to something as foul as this man.

"Wake my men, and we will be off in no more than an hour." Abhorrent said to his squire. The young man ran from the tent and within ten minuets hundreds of soldiers awaited their commander's orders. "We leave now." He shouted to the crowed.  They all knew their orders were to head east until sunset, but no more information would be passed from the officers to the troops.  Abhorrent was on the hunt that is all that mattered, wether it be beast or man they would follow him based on nothing but fear of his rage alone.

They traveled nonstop on foot through the muggy mashes and dense woods that were territories of men long forgotten, now taken hold of by the beasts that Abhorrent so loathed.  "Report." He called to his returning scouts.

"Your last hunter party says that they lost the princess at her dwellings in the woods, and your demon fled with her." The man stayed cautiously far while reporting.  Abhorrent angered ordered the man, "Go back to them and tell them to return to this point by sunrise the next day or they will become the hunted for the whole Crimson Flood!"  With that the man turned his horse around and fled in the direction he came from.

"They lost my demon..."

Ramael

Razuel took a deep breath.

"Call it whatever you want, Were-girl," Ramael emphasized, savouring the word this time. "Way I see it, the more of us there are, the more chances we have of mounting some kind of resistance, even a successful counter-attack. Or would you rather mope about here and wait to be picked off? You CAN take a human in a one-on-one scenario...can't you, little cub?"

He couldn't help it. His heckles had risen now, and his youthful emotions came hammering into his head. He couldn't stand apathy, and he had tried being nice. Lounging about, getting stuck into a rut...the demon shook his head, his necklace rattling faintly.

"The humans are used to picking us off individually, or even in pairs. Imagine the shock if they see five or more of us, charging back at them. Red here has just handed us a gift-" He looked and smiled again at the scarlet demoness. "-not only have they lost their prized tracker, but she is now on our side. The odds are slowly balancing out. If they are fifty miles away, that only gives us more incentive. That's precious time to find others, if not for a battle, then at least to make sure they're safe. Here we are, bickering amongst ourselves, whilst the Crimson Flood gets stronger and closer. Of course, we could just stay here whilst the Flood singles out all the young or isolated of us and massacres them...couldn't we, Mika?"

Razuel knew he had pushed the line, but it was a necessary risk if it would spur some action.

bluemoon

Mika snarled at him, "The more of us there are, the more attention we draw. The way it seems to be, if there are more near, they will be drawn here, no use wasing energy trying to hunt down our own kind." Mika was quickly tiring of demons and their charades, raising her body to all fours, she reached down gently loosening the kimono around her. Her body swiftly shifted into a white wolf, slipping effortlessly from her human skin, and clothes.

"If you feel the need to go out and lead the Crimson Flood to the others, then by all means, do so." She then caually walked off, down the hill into the valley of wildflowers. They did seem to have a natural draw to her, the others, even the Flood, though why she knew not.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red just looked between the two of them as they argued. She didn't know what to say, both had good arguments that made sense to her. They were more easily detected in greater numbers but if they had greater numbers they would stand a better chance against the Flood. As Mika walked away down the hill Red thought of something she had said and looked down at her hands and asked softly, "I don't look Human? I always thought in this form I looked like one..." She sighed and shook her head, "I guess it doesn't matter anymore." She closed her eyes and her form began to shift slightly. She grew a foot taller and her skin changed, turning deep red with lines of lighter red, orange and yellow so her skin looked like lava. Great demon wings came from her back, looking like thick, raging smoke with fire mixed in here and there. Small black horns came from her head just above her ears and curving back towards her back. Her spine grew longer into a long, whip-like tail which weaved back and forth. She looked at Razuel then at the ground as she wrapped her arms around herself loosely and said softly, "If I'm not going to be with them anymore I might as well not try to look like them..."

dready

A man walks along in a field of wildflowers, his eyes looking around slowly as he then gazes up at the sky, wavy brown hair cascading on either side of his face whilst the rest of his hair is pulled back into a short ponytail that doesn't reach past a few inches, though it curls up at the end in one single mass that appears to be almost that of a scorpion's tail. His hazel eyes glint slightly before he lowers his eyelids, his 5' 6" slim frame partially hidden by a tunic with light leather armor padding on the shoulders and torso. His hand rests on the pommel of the longsword at his left side, his free right arm resting just inside of the padding above where  the belt holds it in place against his form. "Such a beauty," he says aloud to himself, smiling as he then opens his eyes and starts walking straight forward, following the familiar pull of the wildflowers which he has always used as a way to decide which side he helps when he believes that his  assistance would be wanted outside of a group or organization. His somewhat determined wandering comes close enough to be perceived by the other occupant of the field before he could notice  them with his average human senses.

bluemoon

Mika's ears perked forward, her nose twitching slightly as she caught the scent of something rather unpleasant. "Human..." she growled lowly, her ears pressing back against her head as her lips curled, revealing her sharp teeth. She couldn't stand humans...yet, something smelt odd of this one. It confused Mika, but the sight of him made her growl louder, revealing her own presence to him. The fur on her back bristled, making her look much larger, her tail erect in aggression. To a normal human, she would look like a wolf, just a wolf, though white was an odd color for around the parts. The noise resonating in her throat was primal, and animalistic. She stood her ground firm, staring into the human which approached.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

dready

The growl hit his ears, and Ignis stops in his tracks though still resting his hand on the pommel of his sword. "Looks like I've been lead here once again," he whispers to himself, closing  his eyes for a moment to help focus his mind  on the growl and where it is coming from, which he then rests his hand on the handle of the sword, prepared to draw his  weapon in self-defense. "If you can understand me, then I'll have to mention that I'm here to help. The human forces have began to be gaining more than just an upper hand and I've got the means and the know-how of managing a way to fix it back to before their organization could manage such tactics and  strength," he calls out after opening his eyes, not wishing for whatever he has apparently threatened to actually understand as he has not had much of a practice with his sword lately, after all that last assassination before his departure is not something he would  count as sword-play in the least.

bluemoon

Mika slowly allowed her muscles to relax, just enough where she could move with slightly more fluid motion in her step. She circled around to the man's side, still standing far from him. She continued to growl, speaking through it as though the two did not come from the same mouth at all. "And why should I trust a human? You could be just another snivelling coward, too afraid to face me on an even level...Am I to accept you with open arms? To allow you into my radius, to turn my back for even one second on such a being?!" She continued circling as she spoke, her words spitting from her mouth like fire. "I think not, I can smell on you the death of my own kind. It may have been long ago, but I can smell it nonetheless..."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

dready

His lips slip into a  soft smile before stretching into a grin. "Then you are probably confused to the scent of humans amongst those same ones as well. Especially one that, by the sounds of it, you've already encountered if you were captured within the past ten or so winters," his grin is just a wide smile before he tilts his head up, feeling a gentle breeze against his skin. "For fire  have mercy on the souls of those who are damned with the curse of power, and for their ashes to have mercy on the fire which clensed the  wicked  and cruel as we all will burn amongst another as equals," he whispers out again, using his left hand to wrap a heavy leather strap around the guard of his weapon, then taking the longsword and its now locked sheath from his belt and holding it lightly with both hands, cradling the blade against one and gripping with the other just under the guard. "I'll ensue combat with you if you wish to vent your anger, but please keep in mind that I'm not here to kill the one who was chanced to meet me in a field which was named destiny." He spreads his  stance and  bends his knees slightly, ready to make  a quick side-step and swivel to bring up his guard if attacked.