Obviously, stuff is broken : /

Started by Vekseid, November 22, 2009, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

The blue works for me. It's a lot easier to see now. :-) Thank you, Veks.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

kylie

Quote from: Haibane(with mild editing)

I found the old layout quite a lot more 'adult'. Its subdued colour scheme and mood suited an adult site more so that this new scheme which feels a little 'light' and simplistic.
So far, I have to agree on this one.  I do understand some people like this style, too.  Personal control of the colors, and if at all possible the fonts, would make it all a less thick argument.

Kurzyk

Quote from: Caeli on November 25, 2009, 04:51:16 PM
The blue works for me. It's a lot easier to see now. :-) Thank you, Veks.

I agree. The colors are much better on the eyes.

Beguile's Mistress

This is beautiful and very easy on the eyes for someone who spends the better portion of each day working at a computer.

Vekseid

Quote from: HoHoHOreo on November 25, 2009, 09:50:18 AM
I was able to scan before. Now I find I have to actually read to find things. It just takes me longer.

Does the current setup work?

Quote from: Vekseid on November 24, 2009, 04:25:59 PM
Javascript is the culprit somewhere. Am digging. : /

Alright, I know what is causing the blanking issue, I just have no idea how. It's the javascript code that creates the font face / font size / change color dropdowns. If I disable those, restoring from a crash or clicking forward/back works properly. With them enabled, however, it destroys whatever is in there.

One possible solution would be for us to just make those as new rows of boxes. The other involves actually figuring the code out >_>

Otherwise, I think the first post has a clearer list of what's left to be done - other issues looked like wishlists or misunderstandings. Previews no longer trigger reply checking, they'll catch it when you go to post, and every member in the who's online list is, technically, on-line >_>

Will see about fixing the javascript bugs and start focusing on moving stuff into the style so we can get coloration contests going : )

Izu

I noticed one more thing... When you're looking at Who's Online or at your Bookmarks, there's no link back to the forums at the bottom... It's kinda inconvenient to have to go back up to the top of the page...

And, I hope you're doing better, Veks...

P.S.
I just noticed that there's no such link in the messages either...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Cecilia

Does the "Fix Hotkeys" item include making the "Change color" work as well?  I tried to change colors in a thread and it would get stuck on the last color I used. 

Oreo

Quote from: Vekseid on November 27, 2009, 03:00:36 PM
Does the current setup work?

Alright, I know what is causing the blanking issue, I just have no idea how. It's the javascript code that creates the font face / font size / change color dropdowns. If I disable those, restoring from a crash or clicking forward/back works properly. With them enabled, however, it destroys whatever is in there.

One possible solution would be for us to just make those as new rows of boxes. The other involves actually figuring the code out >_>

Otherwise, I think the first post has a clearer list of what's left to be done - other issues looked like wishlists or misunderstandings. Previews no longer trigger reply checking, they'll catch it when you go to post, and every member in the who's online list is, technically, on-line >_>

Will see about fixing the javascript bugs and start focusing on moving stuff into the style so we can get coloration contests going : )

Yes Veks, having the numbers below the titles is much easier to skim than the names and titles. Thank you.

I noticed the box for moving the threads was fixed as well ;)

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Caeli

Quote from: Cecilia on November 27, 2009, 06:10:41 PM
Does the "Fix Hotkeys" item include making the "Change color" work as well?  I tried to change colors in a thread and it would get stuck on the last color I used. 

I have the same problem.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

* Vekseid grumbles.

The Javascript blanking issue is purely a Firefox bug. It works properly in IE8, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Firefox 3 and 3.5 issue, at least : /

Caeli

Quote from: Vekseid on November 30, 2009, 02:28:00 AM
* Vekseid grumbles.

The Javascript blanking issue is purely a Firefox bug. It works properly in IE8, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Firefox 3 and 3.5 issue, at least : /

Is odd. Usually, Firefox is so good to me. :/

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

SMF is using an insane amount of Javascript where little is needed : /

But the only feasible fix involves completely rewriting it. Argh.

kylie

Quote from: Vekseid on November 30, 2009, 02:55:03 AM
SMF is using an insane amount of Javascript where little is needed : /

But the only feasible fix involves completely rewriting it. Argh.
This feels like the classic "silly question" but what parts does Java control? 

I can live for quite some time without the color bar flipping back to default each time I use it, if that's the main thing...  Somehow I have a feeling there's more, though?

Vekseid

Quote from: kylie on November 30, 2009, 04:50:58 AM
     This feels like the classic "silly question" but what parts does Java control? 

I can live for quite some time without the color bar flipping back to default each time I use it, if that's the main thing...  Somehow I have a feeling there's more, though?

I would need to remove the Font Face, Font Size, and Change Color selection boxes entirely.

I could try making buttons of them all, but I suspect that it's actually a buffer issue in Firefox.

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on November 27, 2009, 03:00:36 PM

Um. Either solution sounds like a lot of work. Sorry. It trips me up rarely when it does this, but its always a very bad fall when it happens and of course bites harder the longer and more effort I've put into a lost post. If its too much aggro then, please, slide it down the list until you've the time, resources and better health to deal with it.

If it's any consolation I actually type out manually the bbcode for colours, emboldening and italics, etc, I was brought up on Notepad and still find it easier to press the keys that way.

Another solution is that I abandon Firefox and move to another browser, which I don't mind in the least, though not everyone would be aware of this unfortunate feature and some will prefer to keep Firefox.

(edited for typos)

Cecilia

It doesn't work right on Safari either.   If I change the text color once, it works.  If I go back in and select a second color it works.  But, if I try to do several different different selections as one color, it only works on the first time around.   A bit strange.

Trieste

Are you talking about embedding one color into another?

Haibane

In my case its about posts being lost by the 'back' feature failing if I post during the maintenance sessions which are at about 10:30am to 10:45 am my time. In the previous iteration of the site code it was okay. Its not a big deal as it happens rarely but it seems to happen enough that its a bother and I hate losing work.

I often write my posts out in Word and copy/paste them to the reply window but I sometimes forget and that seems to be the time I get hit by the backup thingy. I was so down at losing a post a few days ago I haven't been in the mood to post again in that game.

Cecilia

Quote from: Trieste on November 30, 2009, 09:45:49 AM
Are you talking about embedding one color into another?

No, I'm talking about individual selections.  If I try to turn a word purple, it works.  If I try to turn a second word purple, it doesn't. But I can select any other color and it works.   I can go back and forth.  But, I can't skip a word and get the same color on a second selection.

Butterflykiss

I've been quiet so far, but I would like to say that I love the new look for Elliquiy. It's sleek and pretty, and really goes well with the rest of my MacBook's themes and such~ *my two cents*

I'm hoping to interview some Elliquiy members about their opinions on E's latest updates. This will be for an article on the Ellquian Herald & Post. I'd like to speak to some who have been through a previous Elliquiy update as well as some for whom this is their first update.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to help. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread~

Nadir

I don't know if these issues have been discussed, but I've been encountering some bugs.

I'm crap at useful description, so I have a screenshot showing the two oddnesses epic fail!

(O.O cock)

The first is the signatures sometimes appear on the right side of the post instead of underneath the massage part. I find it quite pretty, so take your time fixing it if you ever decide to. 

The second issue is more important. My 'fro keeps getting sliced off! Look!

Valerian

Look, I'm famous!   ;D

But yes, I've noticed the same problem sometimes myself.  It seems pretty random as to when it happens, though.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Vekseid

Yeah, I saw it too once. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I thought it was.

If you see it, please save the actual page (view source and save it, or something) so I can see the html. Screenshot won't help much.

Trieste

I just sent you page source from a page where the signatures were offset. I don't know if that's what you wanted, but it's in your email.

Beguile's Mistress

Is this part of the Java Script situation with Firefox?

I've been finding backslashes ( \ ) inserted in the message box in front of apostrophes after I hit the preview button in 'My Messages'.  The backslash ( \ ) doesnt show up in the preview unless I click preview again.  Then I have two backslashes ( \\ ) in the message box and one in the preview display. 

This just started today.

I'm currently running Mozilla Firefox 3.5.5 on Vista.