News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Rainbow Six Vegas

Started by Avi, March 22, 2008, 06:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Holy crap, this game is amazing.  It's my current obsession, whenever I get a chance to play it.  It's well-balanced, easy to pick up, and has a storyline truly worthy of the Tom Clancy name.  Logan is an awesome character, believable, fallible, yet has a true charisma about him.  You could easily picture him running the unit in real life.

I can't wait for RS: Vegas 2.  Anyone else been blown away by this game?
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Sabby

Love it :) but apparently Vegas 2 is pretty much unchanged except for a sprint button.

I loved setting up a perfect attack. Busting a door down and silently putting a pistol into the lookouts head, telling your guys to take up positions at the door you just got. Then doubling back, and perfectly timing an explosion that takes out the door and two people, with your buddies to cover you up above as you bring a shotgun to the stunned terroists.

MagicalPen

Vegas 2 has updated graphics, ACES system, and your MP character can be the same as your Story Mode/SP character. Few more weapons too.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Sabby

The graphics look identical to me...

ZK

Graphics are -nearly- identical, but you can notice quite a few changes, namely the high-resolution packs. Also the laser sighting no longer looks like a cream beam, it actually looks like a laser sighting.

But, I already found two bugs in the game. That dreaded "lock-up" on split-screen weapon select during mid-mission happens ever so often and if you have a previous save of R6V, you'll get an auto-update rank and so on, yet you will not be able to get the easiest "First Class Private" Achievement.

In SP/Co-Op SP the main character can be of either gender and has an appropriate voice for both, storyline goes before, during and after the R6V storyline.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Avi

Favorite Weapons?  My standard kit is the 552 Commando and the G46C or whatever it's called.  Both with the SCOG scope on 'em.  I don't play much MP yet, but I'm sure I'll use the Scout Sniper Rifle a lot on that.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

MagicalPen

I cant get my PS3 MP to work. At least, brings up a list of MP games but can never 'make connection' with other host. Ugh.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Sabby

Heh... its ok though, its free XD hahah

ZK

The PS3 has decent multiplayer, but from what I've experienced, it's only good if it's done by specific companies. Ubisoft has no idea how to specify what to do with it so they end up with broken multiplayer.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MagicalPen

Yeah..i even opened up the right ports and all, but still cant connect to a game. Frustrating to no end!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

ZK

Ubisoft is having problems with their net connectivity for the PS3 and PC at the moment. Not sure as to why.

MagicalPen

Hmm....seems like there are always a bunch of games up and running.

BTW, SINS is awesome, totally kicking ass in 3 player + 1 AI game. Bout to finish off the AI then go after the other player (my friend and I are allied and have agreed - offline just now - to take out the other player, who is also the host, lol)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry