INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 06, 2011, 09:41:57 AM
Yeah! I noticed how complex it is.  I have an idea of what drow culture is like, but again I'm not familiar with the fine details.  I am, however, very willing to learn.

What novels are we talking about here?  >_>

Ok, anyways novels wise I would recommend first book from War of Spider Queen series to get feel of drow culture. Also first book from dark elf trilogy is educational also through perspective of single expectional drow.

Anyways it's complex but so long you do not plan become matron mother it's should be simpler. Anyways have you ever created 3.5 DnD char before and do you have any idea about the rule system? Also what kind of drow char you want to play?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on October 06, 2011, 09:51:23 AM
I want more gay boys to abuse!

Excuse for GM being heterosexual and so henceforth NPC will be also be in short supply :-/. Try recruit folks to game who do not mind roleplay gay sexual chars; so long you do not hog all of them under your house flag.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 06, 2011, 09:55:18 AM

Excuse for GM being heterosexual and so henceforth NPC will be also be in short supply :-/. Try recruit folks to game who do not mind roleplay gay sexual chars; so long you do not hog all of them under your house flag.

just being the greedy lustful matron mother that I am my dear. No problems <3
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

Zaer Darkwail

Anyways I rolled business events and you count to have done the business rolls and gain so 'extra gold' when game starts that way for projects and your future plots.

But so far haven't heard a word from Miracle Medicine nor about house structure nor business....so start worry do we have lost matron already :P. Leading to opening for matron mother for anyone who's willing to take the spot and is active.

Snake

Karasu

ooh matron hunting. Matron Archwinter, shall I get the net and chains? ^^
Removed, due to vandalism.

Chloe Milev

*Constructs a cookie golem*  Go!  use you Macadamia slam!  Hit him in the nut allergies!

And I need my evil mommy to lead the house; I'm too young to matron!
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Snake

Ugh man Epic level building is confusing with monster chars.... >.<

ofDelusions

Quote from: Snake on October 06, 2011, 12:13:58 PM

Might have something to do with game breaking into tiny pieces at epic levels...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on October 06, 2011, 12:13:58 PM

Tell me about it; I had to construct my ancient silver dragon cohort who is also dragon ascendant :P. Gave her simple breath weapon nuke tactic; Clinging Lingering Maximisized breath. Sticks you a 1d4+6 rounds between breath attacks (and more if want cloud last longer than 1 round) but damn for the effects.

Snake

WEll I'll finish this up and post teh link then you more experienced peeps can tell me what I'm doing wrong or right.

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 06, 2011, 09:55:18 AM
Anyways it's complex but so long you do not plan become matron mother it's should be simpler. Anyways have you ever created 3.5 DnD char before and do you have any idea about the rule system? Also what kind of drow char you want to play?
Alrighty! Sounds like fun :D I shall hit the bookstores soon >_>

Well since I'm just a beginner, I was thinking I'd have a very simple character.  Maybe she/he could be a student as well.  I was thinking she/he could be a cleric-in-training
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

AngelicBlade

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, sorry. Forgot send in business event to you Angelic Blade. My bad.

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 06, 2011, 08:52:34 PM
Alrighty! Sounds like fun :D I shall hit the bookstores soon >_>

Well since I'm just a beginner, I was thinking I'd have a very simple character.  Maybe she/he could be a student as well.  I was thinking she/he could be a cleric-in-training

Well, not much in-training as she is 12th level char but she could have few levels as cleric but has vast deep experience in other field already, field which she is familiar with. Or we can make plain 12th level cleric but what kind of cleric is she? Does she specialize in combat (either personal or helps lead people in war), healing, curses, divine things (like a seer) or is she meditating a closer union with goddess Lolth?

Aybara

Hello everyone, I'm somewhat interested in the game but I amn't sure on what character to play. I have a few ideas I will list.

I had an idea for playing a dragon but their ECL on any of them that would be not a child is way too high for the game sadly, effectively a dragon allied with one of the houses, obviously a juvenile or young adult would be perfect as it makes sense why they are more open to alliances as they must fend off others. I cracked open the Draconomicon but after a brief look still couldn't find one, preferably one with alter self. If anyone can think of something let me know, maybe I missed something.

Still there are other options, a Drow bounty hunter (ranger class) could be fun possibly an independent but it might be more fun (and safer) to be a member or vassal of a house.

A Draegoloth could be fun but damn they look nasty!

A changeling/doppelganger masquerading as a Drow might be fun if potentially short lived so I might pass on that idea, still one working as an informant for a faction or factions could be an interesting addition.

A male mystic theurge would also potentially be fun, apparently it came up in one of the books and Lolth didn't cause him horrible agonising suffering but he came at serving her from a weird angle, anyone got more details on this?

Zaer is the game set on Faerun or a home brew world?

Snake

It's set in Faerun. IN a pre-existing Drow City (Drow of the Underdark) has all the information on it.

PaleEnchantress

The vault of the drow is actually a greyhawk drow city. I haven't actually heard if he imposed it to faerun cosmology, kept it greyhawk or if it's unnamed.

Zaer Darkwail

The game is in more home brewed world which takes some referances both from faerun and greyhawk.

Anyways Deep Dragon (pg114 from drows of underdark) would be perfect dragon. They gain shapeshifting to humanoid form in young age (and they gain earlier age ability shapeshift to snakes). Breath weapon is cone of acid which burns any organic matter.

True seeing since wyrmling and detect magic and resistance to cold and fire and immunity to charms. Got ground speed, flight and burrow.

CR wise young deep dragon is 7 and young dragon has 12 HD. I would say you can be a young deep dragon (and so be medium size). No SR, sorcerer levels nor frightful presence. Just skills and breath weapon which does 6d8 acid dmg (size based on normal dragons of similar size) and 12 HD. It does not list LA for your dragon but I say for now you got +2 like drows have (rather strong magic abilities). So your 14 level char like drows are (and so your hoard size matches 14th level char wealth).

Aybara

I've been trying to get my hands on that for a while but to no avail, I'll keep looking looking into other ideas.

Zaer Darkwail

The drows of the underdark? I can provide the stats of deep dragon in PM if your interested. These dragons default alignment is chaotic evil, but they are inteligent and often deal with drows for services and so on. If not outright hostility over territory is not the matter.

Anyways other ideas; Independant or house affiliated bountyhunter (ranger with PrC perhaps) works quite fine :). Independant you get more business and cross work between houses.

Draegloth would be wicked indeed, and appearance is ofc quite beastly (both male and female personalities). So cannot do much to that if somereason your draegloth is not using some item which alters his form.

Changeling/Doppleganger could be interesting, lethal but works most of time as true seeing is not always on folks.

A male mystic theurge works if your drow who follows other faith like Wee Jas and live in ghetto of foreigners (where other religion church are allowed but taxed heavily by Fane of Lolth). But Lolth worshipping male mystic theurge; I allow only one such case (he's matron mother and thinked being born male is birth defect) but do not want accept second male who breaks social norms :P.

Aybara

No problem Zaer and if you could PM me that would be great. Hell with the Dragon I was thinking it would be male but because it's dealing with Drow would use a female Drow form in dealings with them, if they're sexist why not use it to his advantage? As for chaotic evil, isn't that the default for Drow? Except in Eberron where they are chaotic neutral cannibals...

ofDelusions

Nah, Drow default to Neutral evil. They just have chaotic evil goddess.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Aybara on October 07, 2011, 02:54:24 PM
No problem Zaer and if you could PM me that would be great. Hell with the Dragon I was thinking it would be male but because it's dealing with Drow would use a female Drow form in dealings with them, if they're sexist why not use it to his advantage? As for chaotic evil, isn't that the default for Drow? Except in Eberron where they are chaotic neutral cannibals...

Yeah, that is one clever way use alternative form :). But if folks know your dragon they would not be looking genders then :P.

Aybara

I might just play a female character, not sure it doesn't make a huge difference it's a dragon! Wooh! I've never gotten to play one. Ok so I'm playing a deep dragon though relatively young so willing to work with a household in a mutually beneficial alliance, I've pitched the idea to medical miracle since house Lice Drilloth looked a bit smaller character wise. She seems who ok with the idea. So she's got me as hired muscle but if any of the Matrons want to conceive a half dragon child and have the gold/jewels/magic items that service is still on the market-lovely gold.
I'm thinking of taking leadership and have a tribe of Kobolds out in the wastes of the Underdark worship me as a demigod... what else are they good for? Unlikely to come up in the game and they're not going to be lining my pockets but it's always nice to be worshiped as a god isn't it? A couple of Clerics and Adepts of Tiamat bringing forth deep gnomes they've captured for my dinner, shame they have no gold and gems and other shinnies... yes yes more shiny things, I barely have a ten thousand gold to sleep on at night it's so embarrassing! They can heal me at least if I can flap back to there wounded.

Feat wise any suggestions I'm going Fly By Attack, Hoverer, Improved Initiative, Recover Breath and Leadership (My Kobolds... maybe a few drow concubines).

I suppose if the vote is still going on I'd be in favour of the pathfinder feat progression.

PaleEnchantress

YAY for more votes for pathfinder feat progression! If all your into is women then play whatever gender you like. Dragon sounds like an exotic addition really...