The Wall (Tenative Interest/ Pathfinder LV15)(Maybe Open to 6?)

Started by TheScarletBlade, July 03, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

I need an Opinion/ruling/etc from those that know pathfinder much better then I do.
I am building a fighter/varient Multiclass that uses a bow [no not the archer archtype. It lost to many abilities I wanted namely Advanced weapon Training!

Can
Abundant Tactics (Ex) The fighter adds his weapon training bonus to the number of times per day he can use a combat feat he has that allows a limited number of daily uses, such as the Stunning Fist feat.
Be used with [taken as a feat]
Warrior Spirit (Su) The fighter can forge a spiritual bond with a weapon that belongs to the associated weapon group, allowing him to unlock the weapon’s potential. Each day, he designates one such weapon and gains a number of points of spiritual energy equal to 1 + his weapon training bonus. While wielding this weapon, he can spend 1 point of spiritual energy to grant the weapon an enhancement bonus equal to his weapon training bonus. Enhancement bonuses gained by this advanced weapon training option stack with those of the weapon, to a maximum of +5. The fighter can also imbue the weapon with any one weapon special ability with an equivalent enhancement bonus less than or equal to his maximum bonus by reducing the granted enhancement bonus by the amount of the equivalent enhancement bonus. The item must have an enhancement bonus of at least +1 (from the item itself or from warrior spirit) to gain a weapon special ability. In either case, these bonuses last for 1 minute.

Also do you know if TSB is allowing a drawback and extra Trait?
Background Skills?

Phaia

DaringRepartease

Not the GM, but Rules as Written, they don't seem compatible.  Abundant Tactics gives increased uses of "Use this ability X times per day" whereas Warrior Spirit gives a pool of points.  Of course, individual GMs may vary.

Chulanowa

Daring's got it right; Warrior Spirit gives you an expendable resource, not a "uses per day" counter.

Sye

Muse

Reposting to say that Briar Rose--cleric of Sarenrae--is mostly done.  She still has a few thousand gold I'm holding off on 'til I can get some feedback from the GM--like on whether we'll be using mounts or not. 

It could very easily all get converted into expensive spell components for things like Raise Dead and Restoration. 

Scarlet, let me know if you need me to PM you a new link to her.  Once you have a game board out of the public sections of the site I'll add the link with this info.  :)

Briar Rose Brandywine

"I think it was five years ago?  Maybe eight? 

"The enemy was getting dangerously close to my little village of Lowhill.  While we were all packing up to leave, falling deep into more friendly territory barrels of bulk goods and bag on bag of seed with which to start over, i watched the armies of the big folk marching to the front to fight for us.  Brave men, young and old.  Boys younger than me even not counting halfling years.  More than a few lithe, fresh faced boys whom i was pretty sure were binding their chests down beneath that mail. 

"They going to fight. 

"They were going to die. 

"And we were going to go hide behind a half built wall. 

"I couldn’t stand it.  I’m just a halfling, and small for my kind.  I learned scimitar, sickle and sling to defend myself, not well enough to take to war.  I'm too weak, my arms too short, and back then I bore only the tiniest hint of Sarenrae's blessing. 

"But I took my scimitar and my sickle. I took clean bandages and sterile thread and all the medicinal herbs I could carry.  I followed those big folk to the front.  They told me to go home. I just waited.  When the men began to fall, I ran out onto the field, lithe and nimble as only a halfling dancer could be.  I healed the dying and helped them get back behind their lines.  When I had too, I struck the undead with magic stones. I burned the living with holy fires.  I slashed with sickle and scimitar. Unleashed the ever growing wrath of the sun goddess.   

"Time and again, I brought these people back from the brink of death, ‘til even death could not hold back my power…  Not if I could find enough diamonds. 

"I’m doing it still.  I dance through the battlefields now, slicing and slashing my way through the foe with holy iron, burning and banishing ‘til I find where I’m needed most, and I bring them home. 

"That’s why you called me here, isn’t it sir?  You know I’ll stick with these men.  I’ll help them do what needs doing, and then I’ll bring them home.”
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheScarletBlade

Hey Y'all!

Turns out working 32 straight days sucks. Finally got a day off. I am looking through the characters sent to me, which is harder than you think when it comes to level 15 characters. Also I am trying to timestamp when I received everyone's characters so I can release set the party. That said, when its set whos in, take a look through the chars and make sure there is balance. Received a lot of striker type chars.....you won't survive without balance.

Should hear from me later today, til then, keep up the character designing!
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

LtFox

Well, a quick skimming of the thread reveals the following submissions:

Petrus02: Arcane Trickster, primary skill user

Zaer Darkwail: Magus, hybrid tank/dps/arcane caster

Ingexthefuryhunter1: Guntank Hellknight, primary tank

Waldham: Alchemist (maybe?), hybrid tank/healer

LtFox: Umbral Sorcerer, primary arcane caster, focus on wide utility and damage

Muse: Cleric, primary divine caster

Saika: Monk, hybrid tank/dps

Looking at the lineup, we should easily have all the main roles covered.  We've got all the primaries, and enough hybrids to make me comfortable to tackle most any kind of mission.  Though looking some of our possibilities over, our group would be shaping to excel more in quick slash-and-burn or sabotage operations compared to your classic long-term dungeon crawl.  Kind of fitting, since it's supposed to be a special operations squad.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Phaia

Thanks for all the help guys. I did send in a character days ago.

I figure since Zael and others were showing off characters here is mine.

Phaia

Lady Zara or the Captain

The story of Zaralana del Gandtra starts out as most do. A lovely elf child born to a member of the Elf King's guard. It was discovered early on that Zara lacked any normal skill with magic, a trait that seemed to be happening more and more within the elves. What Zara did have was a good mind and a quick lithe body that took to the hardships of a warrior. While still in her 'teens' she was training with the best of the guards including her mother one of the senior officers. Zara learned light blades and two weapons and could swirl and almost dance with twin blades. She found that with the rare elf thornblades used by her other and a few others she could be deadly.

The the grand lands came under attack by the forces of the Dark Monarch and though the elves held those forces at bay for almost 3 years, they were in the end beaten and the remnants driven from the once green lands. The time they had bought had allowed other survivors to begin building a grand fortified city so that is where the survivors fled for. What became know as 'The Trail of elf tears' was a fighting retreat. each day a few more died and some of those arose to join the undead following at their heels.

The remnants were within days of the city when a huge horde of the Dark Monarch forces caught up. Intending to end these outnumber elves once and for all the Horde attacked with no real plan in a narrow valley. The King and most of his guard and a main part of the army stood their ground...over 1400 elves faced an undead army backed by dragons and demons. Zara was by then a member of the guard and was commanded to take a force and lead an exhausting force march to the city. She lead a few hundred injured soldiers to protect what was left of the grand elf nation as they fled the final battle.

No elf survived that battle so no one really knows what really happened. What is know is this. Four months after reaching the city. Zara lead a scouting group back too the valley. There they found horrors they had not planned on for the Elf king and 18 of his guard, including Zara's own mother, had been turned to Undead and stood waiting. Zara lead the charge and battle and fought not just her undead mother but the King as well. She had already grown past both in her skills yet the undead gave them both more power. Stories are whispered by the elves that fought the battle. Stories about how Zara had tears on her cheeks as she destroyed first her mother then the king. Reclaiming the rare adamantine thorn-blades and the heirloom celestial Armor from her mother and the royal standard and crown from the king.

Since then The elves refer to her as Malady though she has no real title. Those that rode with her that day call her 'The Steel Captain' or simply 'Captain' a rank that other elves have also begun to call her.

Zaralana del Gandtra
Elf Fighter 15 CG
HP 154 /  Speed ft Init 9
AC 31 Fort 17 Ref 16 Will 20
CMB +26 BAB 15
+3 Thorn Blade [Keen][+2 to confirm Crit] +30/+25/+20 (2d6 +18, 15-20/x2)
+3 TB [Keen] ITWF +28/+23/+18/+28/+23 (2d6 +18, 15-20/x2)
+3 TB [Keen] Piranaha -ITWF +24/+19/+14/+24/+19 (2d6+26, 15-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow [+1] +26/+21/+16 (1d8+1, 20/x3)
Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (6) Con 12 (3) Wis 14 (3) Int 14 (4) Cha 10 (0)

Magic Items

Celestal Armor
This +3 chainmail is so fine and light that it can be worn under normal clothing without betraying its presence. It has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +8, an armor check penalty of –2, and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%. It is considered light armor and allows the wearer to use fly on command (as the spell) once per day.

+3 Adamantine Elven Thornblade [Keen] [+2 to confrim Crits] Erui galad -o i anor [Hope]
+3 Adamantine Elven Thornblade [Keen] [+2 to confrim Crits] Vedui galad -o anor [Faith]
Headband of Mental Prowess +2 Wis/Int-Perception 15 ranks
Belt of Physical Might +4 [Dex/Con]
Gloves of Dueling
These supple gloves grant the wearer a +4 bonus to her CMD against disarm attacks, attempts to sunder her wielded weapons, and effects that cause her to lose her grip on her weapons (such as grease). The wearer doesn’t drop held weapons when panicked or stunned. If the wearer has the weapon training class feature and is using an appropriate weapon, her weapon training bonus increases by +2

Greater Aegis of Recovery- worn around neck
This aegis has a thick medallion that is typically carved with the image of bared fangs or a poisoned dagger. The item grants the wearer a +5 resistance bonus on all saving throws to recover from a continuing effect, such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against a disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack. Should the wearer drop below 0 hit points, the greater aegis of recovery heals the wearer for 5d8+7 points of damage and then crumbles to dust.

Ring of protection +2
Ring of sustenance
Cloak of Resistance +5/Cloak of the Hedge Wizard- Abjuration
+5 resistance to all saves:
prestidigitation on command and at will: Abjuration: at will—resistance; 1/day—endure elements, shield

Sash of War Champion worn-chest
The wearer treats his fighter level as 4 higher than normal for the purpose of the armor training and bravery class features.

Handy Haversack
Blood Reservoir of Physical Prowess
This blown-glass vial has a chain for attaching it to the handle of a weapon. When filled with the wearer’s blood, it gains powerful magic. Filling the reservoir takes a full minute, deals 4 points of Constitution damage (which can be healed normally), and imbues the reservoir with 4 charges. Charging the reservoir changes the blood to magical fluid, which does not clot or decay with time.

The wearer can speak the first command word to draw 1 or more charges from the reservoir, curing 1 point of physical ability score damage per charge used.

The wearer can speak the second command word to imbue herself with a great burst of physical prowess, depleting all remaining charges and gaining an inherent bonus to one physical ability score equal to twice the number of charges used. This bonus lasts until the end of the wearer’s next turn.

The bearer can only use the reservoir if it is held in hand or attached to a held or wielded weapon. A bearer can safely carry only one charged reservoir at a time; any others spontaneously drain their charges in 1d10 rounds, leaving only the highest-charged reservoir intact. A reservoir has no effect if not charged with the wearer’s blood, and cannot be charged by bloodless creatures or those that cannot take Constitution damage.
Hold 4 charges attached to hilt of off hand Thornblade

Shining Wayfinder, Pearly White Spindle Ioun Stone hid in concealing pocket

A shining wayfinder appears as a polished silver compass. In addition to the usual functions of a wayfinder (including the ability to create light) a shining wayfinder can be used to cast detect evil-when so used, its needle points not to the north but rather to the nearest source of evil within 60 feet. Once per day, a shining wayfinder can be used to cast protection from evil upon the wayfinder’s bearer. A shining wayfinder functions only for a creature that is good-aligned. When held by an evil creature, the shining wayfinder’s needle spins in a frantic circle. When held by any creature that is both nonevil and nongood, the needle does not point to anything in particular (not even to the north).
With a command word, you can use a wayfinder to shine (as the light spell). The wayfinder also acts as a nonmagical (magnetic) compass, granting you a +2 circumstance bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost. All wayfinders include a small indentation designed to hold a single ioun stone. An ioun stone slotted in this manner grants you its normal benefits (as if it were orbiting your head), but frequently reveals entirely new powers due to the magic of the wayfinder itself.
-----
Pearly White Ioun Stone: This stone grants the wearer the ability to regenerate 1 point of damage per 10 minutes. Regeneration works like a ring of regeneration. It only cures damage taken while the character is using the stone.

-----
Resonant Powers Method 1: +2 sacred bonus on saves against death effects and attacks that rely on negative energy. ( Pre-errata: +1 sacred bonus on saves against attacks that rely on negative energy.)

Concealing Pocket --inside cloak
Feather Token-Floating Feather x6
Greater Aegis of recovery-- extra in Handy Haversack

equipment

Switchblade Knife x4 -one each boot, one behind back, one in concealing pocket
Composite Longbow [+1]
arrows x16 +quiver
Tripping Arrow x4
Elven Curved Blade +26/+21/+16 1d10+2 18-20x2
Elven Branched Spear +26/+21/+16 1d8+2 x3

Fighter's Kit-Weight 29 lbs. This kit includes a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, an iron pot, a mess kit, rope, soap, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.

Deluxe Dungeoneering Kit-Weight 15 lbs. This bundle of essential supplies for exploring ruins and abandoned cities includes two candles, chalk, a hammer and four pitons, 50 feet of hemp rope, a hooded lantern with 5 flasks of oil, two sacks, two torches, and four tindertwigs. A deluxe dungeoneering kit contains two candles, chalk, a hammer and four pitons, 50 feet of silk rope, two sacks, three sunrods, four tindertwigs, and an everburning torch.
Gear Maintenace Kit- Weight 2 lbs. This kit contains metal polish, a small file, a leather paring knife, conditioning oil for leather, two soft cloths, extra leather straps, a sewing needle, and a few buttons.

Grooming Kit-Weight 2 lbs. This pouch of toiletries includes a comb, scissors, a nail file, a sponge, a hairbrush, a miniature mirror, soap, a chewing stick, and tooth powder.

Undead Slayer's Kit-Weight 7 lbs. This kit includes a wooden holy symbol, a necklace of garlic bulbs, a hammer, a wooden stake, 2 flasks of holy water, one sunrod, a potion of lesser restoration, and a potion of protection from evil.

Undead Aid Kit-Weight 1/2 lb. This small leather satchel contains various alchemical remedies that treat common maladies caused by exposure to undead. An undeath aid kit contains 1 dose of each of the following alchemical remedies: antiplague, antitoxin, padzahr, soul stimulant, and twitch tonic.

Vampire Slayer's Kit-Weight 8 lbs. This small, latched wooden case contains numerous tools and devices used in hunting and slaying vampires. It contains 10 cloves of garlic, four masterwork wooden stakes, a hammer, a silvered mirror, 4 vials of holy water, 1 application of silversheen, and a masterwork holy symbol. It also contains numerous regents and powders used for treating wounds and making wards, salves, and other concoctions. In addition to its general usefulness, when displayed, a vampire slayer’s kit grants its owner a +2 bonus on all Charisma-based skill checks made to investigate or seek out vampires.

Unless noted-All of the above are in the Handy Haversack

Petrus02

TheScarletBlade

Hopefully,

I must write an apology. My unit got called up to fight wild fires in our state. I have spent the last 3 weeks fighting fires, rescuing evacuees and generally trying to help our fellow man. I understand if after....omg almost 2 and half weeks people are not interested anymore. That is understandable but I would beseech my fellow writers to forgive me my duty to my country. Whoever is still interested, let me know so we can kick this thing off right as in the following week as I work myself back onto to E/.

Sincerely,
           Blade
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Zaer Darkwail

Still interested, I do not loose interest based on lenght of time (only worry has GM disappeared/dead or occupied otherwise and unable to start or run game).

TheScarletBlade

Sorry the wild fire couldn't make your dream come through! :P

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Phaia

Thanks  Blade for the service and yes I am still interested get back to me on the character I sent in or just let me know here if you need it resent

Phaia

Muse

Welcome back!  I'm glad to hear from you, and your'e still interested to run.  I hope you got through all that hale and hearty.  Miss Brandywine is at your service.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sye