Welcome Aboard the Moaning Molly! (Last Call for Crew! IC Starting Next Week!)

Started by Capone, August 30, 2015, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Did... did you make a clockpunk setting? :o

Gotta toss my hat in for this!

Capone

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on September 06, 2015, 08:05:21 AM
Just an aside, dealing with a kidney stone, having the devil of a time even sitting up with a laptop to type this. Probably be a few days, sad to say.

Oof! Gah, good luck with that. Hopefully you get to sleep through much of it or something. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Quote from: ChaoticSky on September 06, 2015, 08:08:33 AM
Did... did you make a clockpunk setting? :o

Evidently!

QuoteGotta toss my hat in for this!

Sweet!

I think we'll have some approved character sheets pretty soon. That way folks can see what's already on board and where they might be able to fill in.

Note that you don't have to start as part of the crew! Remember, technically Simon and Shepard began as paying passengers on the Firefly. Similar thing can happen here.

Darwishi

Ironically, this will be my first time trying to start my character off as someone that's already in the know.  Normally, if I come to a new setting, then I play someone that's new to the setting so they get the gist of the setting as I do. XDD  I tried for something a bit different this time. ;)

I shall eventually get those edits done to Savannah.  Maybe tonight-ish.

EDIT:  EW, kidney stone? Are you able to have that sound-wave treatment thing or are you having to pass it? Bleh!

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darwishi on September 06, 2015, 09:14:38 AM
EDIT:  EW, kidney stone? Are you able to have that sound-wave treatment thing or are you having to pass it? Bleh!

Too small for my insurance to cover that treatment. Never mind it feels like a ()&*@#$@#$ boulder.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Eudoxia

Quote from: Capone on September 06, 2015, 08:59:10 AM

Note that you don't have to start as part of the crew! Remember, technically Simon and Shepard began as paying passengers on the Firefly. Similar thing can happen here.

This is a good reminder. It actually has me reconsidering many things about my own character. *runs off to red-ink the hell out of old character sheet!!*

Darwishi

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on September 06, 2015, 12:55:31 PM
Too small for my insurance to cover that treatment. Never mind it feels like a ()&*@#$@#$ boulder.

Yeaaah, that's what I've heard.  It's less a stone and more of a sand-spur.  Basically a prickly little thing that stabs you ever five seconds and feels about as great as it sounds.  Which is why if they're big enough that insurance will pay to have them broken apart.  Big ones can do physical damage...like really bad damage, as opposed to "only" OMG THIS THING FUCKING HURTS!!!

Level of pain of a kidney stone.
I also had a guy describe it to me as getting your dick slammed in a car door...if anyone cares to know the level of pain kidney stones can cause.

I hope they're at least letting you have drugs for the pain?

Rel Mayer

Just a question:

Would this image be too Sci-fi for the game? I was reading the rulings on guns and I could do something of a musket with one shot. I wasn't sure if that would be allowed, so no worries if not! I just found this image and really liked it.

Let me know if it's too Sci fi:

Capone

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 06, 2015, 07:18:43 PM
Just a question:

Would this image be too Sci-fi for the game? I was reading the rulings on guns and I could do something of a musket with one shot. I wasn't sure if that would be allowed, so no worries if not! I just found this image and really liked it.

Let me know if it's too Sci fi:

Is that a cosplay photo of Quiet from MGSV?

Does a Google image search...

I think it is! (And God bless Hideo Kojima)

Characters will not have muskets, and we currently are looking at one with a pistol so I'm wary of adding more guns. However, having a sharpshooting (or sharploosing, as it were) archer adept with long, short, and/or crossbows would be fine.

Eye make-up is fine, and I'm sure we can come up with old-fashioned equivalents for torn-stockings and bikini+thong.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Capone on September 06, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
Is that a cosplay photo of Quiet from MGSV?

Does a Google image search...

I think it is! (And God bless Hideo Kojima)

Characters will not have muskets, and we currently are looking at one with a pistol so I'm wary of adding more guns. However, having a sharpshooting (or sharploosing, as it were) archer adept with long, short, and/or crossbows would be fine.

Eye make-up is fine, and I'm sure we can come up with old-fashioned equivalents for torn-stockings and bikini+thong.

I can totally work with anything being replaced with arrows rather than bullets!

And yes... it is cosplay, but shhhh... such a pretty picture.

Is the image alright though? It's really alright if not, because deviantart.com has a many beautiful images for me to pick from. This one just caught my eye and I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Capone

There's a pervert in me that wants to say "Yes, yes, dear God yes".

And this is why

UUUUUUUNNNNNFFFFFFF
-

However, it's really up to you. Again, mia and I can basically think of ways to bring the concept of the outfit down to being made of materials of the era. The only other concern would be the practicality of it, but we are on a brothel ship and I was expecting there to be stylized outfits and such. So if you're unsure, then find a few options and pick which one you like best. Otherwise, unless other players have an issue, I don't see a problem.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Capone on September 06, 2015, 07:41:00 PM
There's a pervert in me that wants to say "Yes, yes, dear God yes".

And this is why

UUUUUUUNNNNNFFFFFFF
-

It's things like that that make a man find religion.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 07, 2015, 01:22:28 AM

As it has been said. "Sex is the purest evidence that God loves humanity".  8-)

Capone

Alright folks, doing a Robot Roll Call*. Listing out folks that have submitted character sheets, character type, and what phase it is in. This is largely to 1) help me keep track of who has what idea and will be having what role, and 2) to help keep track of what we have and what we might need.

SUBMITTED CHARACTER SHEETS
Ethereal Girl - Human, Navigator/Scoundrel -- Awaiting Bio/Final Draft
Darwishi - Human, Right Hand (Wo)man -- Awaiting Final Draft
Eudoxia - Human, Passenger/Cat Burglar -- Awaiting Final Draft
MiscMrE - Human, Passenger/Muscle -- Awaiting Final Draft
CarnivalOfTheGoat - Harpy, Chirurgeon (Doctor) --Awaiting a healthy recovery, fuck kidney stones, Final Draft

-

SUBMITTED CHARACTER CONCEPTS
Lustful Bride - Halfling, Alchemist -- Awaiting Character Sheet
Rel Mayer - Human?, Archer -- Awaiting Character Sheet
Chulanowa - Chronicler/Scholar? -- Awaiting Character Sheet
A Painter - Sylph, Deckhand -- Awaiting Character Sheet

-

The tallies below include both Roderick and Molly:

Total Approved Characters: 2
Total Characters: 9

Total Males: 2
Total Females: 6
Total Trans or Other: 0
Undecided: 1

-

I did not list eBadger under concepts as he has been silent for a while. At this stage, it should be worth noting we have no dedicated brothel workers aside from Molly, though at least one is willing to spend some time in one of the spare rooms earning bonus coin. Due to the number of characters, I'm thinking we might want to have brothel workers as NPC's or allow players to have minor secondary characters, but I'm not sure what to think of either option. At this stage I would prefer more male characters.

eBadger, considering the state of things, I might want to rework your character concept so you play a humanoid male engineer that keeps the Gear Pixies as pets or some such. If you're willing to go forward with this idea, PM me and we can work out the details.

Now then.... I don't think I missed anyone?

*Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Croooooooooow!

Alias

Hi! This looks like a lot of fun. I'm catching up on the board, and reading things over. Just wanted to state my interest now, while I read. :)

Etherealgirl

Capone

We have an approved characters thread!

I'll try and get an OOC up soon, as well as a thread for setting materials. Tonight I'm a bit distracted upgrading my PS4's hard drive (and by upgrading I mean the easy process of swapping out followed by holy crap how do I have so much to redownload and reinstall).

Greenwoodtree

It looks like you are not in need of anymore female characters :)
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

Darwishi

My work week is almost over! I'll try to work on the profile again on Thursday.  Most of the time my work weeks are actually just the weekends for everyone else. =P  This is kind of a special week so I shall be less busy very soon! 

Then again, more busy means more moolah. =P

mia h

Quote from: JsHLDantes on September 09, 2015, 12:15:11 AM
It looks like you are not in need of anymore female characters :)
We're not going to say no to a character just because of their gender but more male characters would help with the gender balance.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

TheScarletBlade

“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Leodouble08

I'll state my interest as well, should be able to get a vague concept out in a couple of days.

Capone

Quote from: mia h on September 09, 2015, 02:39:47 AM
We're not going to say no to a character just because of their gender but more male characters would help with the gender balance.

In addition, while those that have submitted character concepts have shown quite a bit of enthusiasm, there's always the possibility that someone will have to drop before the game even begins or they're even approved.

Quote from: Leodouble08 on September 09, 2015, 04:11:16 AM
I'll state my interest as well, should be able to get a vague concept out in a couple of days.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on September 09, 2015, 03:07:29 AM
Males needed?  That seems strange. Interesting story setting.

I know right? Typically it feels like the gender ratio swings the other direction.

As for the setting, thank you. I'm looking to expand it so it's my go-to fantasy setting on E.

Alias

working on my character sheet now. It'll be a female, I'm sort of limited that way. hopefully it all works out! :)

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 07, 2015, 01:22:28 AM

I love your avatar so much!