A super hero game without a canon to stand on. (All OC's. Recruiting)

Started by vatovie, February 12, 2015, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwishi

Might I suggest you use a standard height and padding for the header images?  The code could look something like this:

[float=left][img height=350 padding=8](Post your image here)[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Date/time:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Tagged:[/b]
[b]Warnings:[/b]

vatovie

selfexiled

Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

vatovie

Cool cool.  I'll get a mission or two up today.  Also add some things I forgot to the history.  From now on use the Rules and history thread for a character sheet.  That's the one I'm updating.  :)

vatovie

You can all start posting and PMing me about missions.  :)

Crasey

Quote from: Darwishi on February 17, 2015, 12:19:58 AM
I'm not sure a male character would actually complain about his odds with some many women around? 

"Woe is me! There are too many ridiculously beautiful women around!"  Heh, unless he's homosexual I guess, then he might be complaining. =P
Maybe not, but preferring to play my own sex, it does tend to dissuade me. I often feel like I'd be jumping onto a bus that's already scraping the pavement.  :P

vatovie

Yeah but I'm pretty sure the ratio will balance out. :)

Green Goo Theory

I'll continue working on my character when I get home.  Work has just been taking a while. 

I was a little bummed though trying to use the HU rules to build some of my preexisting ideas. 
Coming soon...

vatovie

I'll help you if you want.  It's what I did for darwishi. :)

eternaldarkness

Gonna withdraw. I didn't realize HU was one of the many Palladium monstrosities, and the system makes my head hurt. Have fun, guys.

Z488411

I'm going to have a look at the system, sounds interesting.

Darwishi

I'm pretty sure that the system is just for creating a character.  After that it's totally free-form.  I think it's just a way to quantify and compare powers and such for our GM rather than using the system as a dice-rolling system.

Correct me if I'm wrong, vatovie!

AndyZ

That's correct.  The actual system is just to have characters be more or less balanced, but the system itself is actually pretty atrocious once you get beyond chargen.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

vatovie

Yeah the system is super broken.  I'm just using the character creation from the system. 

Swordsman18

Name: Amelia Marrion
Alias: Nightingale

Face Claim

Emily Blunt

Stats:
ME: 10
PS: 18
PP: 19
PB: 20
IQ: 10
MA: 18
PE: 14
SPD: 20
PPE: 20
ISP: N/A
HP:19
SDC:108

Special Training:

Powers:
Details

Alignment: Scrupulous Good
Birth Order: Fourth
Weight: 112
Height: 5ft 5in
Disposition: Cautious, Caring,
Life Savings: N/A
Country of Origin: Africa
Childhood Environment: City
Wealth Level: Billionaire
When powers Manifested: After her schooling

Skills:
Skill Category:
Skills:
Pilot; Automobile, Pilot: Airplane. Pilot: Boat, Pilot; Jetpack
Mathematics: Advanced
Speak, Read, Write Native Language
Speak Russian & Chinese
Martial Arts
Running
Climbing
Military Etiquette
Radio: Basic
W.P. Pistol, Rifles (all types). Energy Pistols, Sword
Wilderness Survival
Find Contraband
Pick Pockets
Seduction
Streetwise
Sniper, Escape Artist, Detect Ambush
Concealment, Pick Locks
Demolitions, Trap/Mine Detection
Prowl, Swimming, Interrogation, Athletics, Body Building & Weight Training, Acrobatics, Detect Concealment

Equipment:
The Night Rider (Very Armored and Weaponized Rolls Royce Phantom)
Jetpack
Class 4 Armor (AR:17, +280 SDC)

History:

Amelia was born in the middle of a war zone in Africa to a soldier and a war photographer. They were trying to fight to liberate the country from a never ending war. A war continued to be fueled by men uprooted from their villages and homes by various war lords who themselves were captured as boys. Amelia's mother sought to get out of the area with Amelia. Yet when they tried both of her parents were captured and killed by one of the warlords they sought to end. Amelia missed execution because of one of her mother's last acts of hiding her in a piece of luggage already bound for the airport. And so she was shipped off to America in a shoddy plane.

Customs and so forth caught her arrival in her mother's bag. When they looked for her parents they could not be found with their deaths being reported shortly thereafter. Her family being in America, she was given to her Grandfather on her father's side. A gun toting, rifle shooting proud member of the National Rifle Association who worked as a trick shooter, her grandfather started her off by raising her on how to do combat. Early on in her life he told her about how her parents died and that he was raising her to not die like them. In fact he hoped that one day she would avenge them.

In school, she did a number of sports to keep her body athletic and toned. Since her grandfather's training was so ingrained in her, she performed poorly in some of them as she did not want to hurt anyone. Something she learned when she put a girl in the hospital during a soccer game. So other than not being the best scorer, she was good at being aware and moving on the field. After high school, she immediately went to college even though her grandfather wanted her to go straight into the military. She worked hard to eventually earn a PHD in Business and Criminology.

When she left academia, she put it to work by becoming a weapons trader. This was to attract the attention of guerillas and other factions, particularly in Africa. So slowly but surely she used her growing pull and reputation to arm the groups all around the Red Hands which gunned down her parents. More groups even from outside Africa began to come to her for orders. She supplied only the causes she found to be good. The warlords in Africa destroyed whatever turf the Red Hands possessed until only their headquarters remained. The Red Hands grew desperate and their leader came to her in person to ask for her weapons to hold off the other guerillas. A bullet to the head was her response while she killed his entourage. Using the connections she built up, the authorities were tipped off to the location of several African warlords. All of their bounties went right into her bank account. After getting a taste of the weapon's trade she continued it however in her own way. She would supply those in need with genuine needs. A people in a oppressive regime? She would supply them with whatever they needed.

Soon she was a billionaire with her one purpose seemingly completed while money continued to funnel in. She took a less direct approach to her business, gaining brokers who worked with her ideology. If they stepped out of line, they knew she would be coming for them. She never stopped training with access to all sorts of experts to train her and was a great shot just like her grandfather wanted her to be. A new uprising of heroes appeared in the game. She supplied them and then decided to officially join them. At first, she learned just what it was like to be put in your place as she could not go toe to toe with any of the superpowered villains they encountered. A particular event is what truly made her a hero and earned her a moniker.

Someone announced to a couple of her enemies that she was now a hero working with the Shadow Soldiers. They stormed her compound, killed her guards and were fighting their way up to her safe room. Not wanting to see any more bloodshed, she offered herself to them intending to kill as many as she could before they finally put her down. Strongarm himself leaped into the fight. She fought alongside him to take out those who attempted to assault her. Afterwards, he commented that like a Nightingale was with song, she was with violence, both beautiful and powerful. From that day forth, she used the moniker Nightingale and stayed on a hero even with the personal hardships which came with it. She owed that to Strongarm at least.

On's and Off's: Player's

Green Goo Theory

Name: Chet 
Alias: Undecided, still figuring out the super hero thing.  To be discovered in character. 
Age: 32 (appears to be late teens to early 20's, difficult to tell)

Stats:
ME: 11
PS: 28
PP: 19
PB: 8
IQ: 12
MA: 26
PE: 26
SPD: 23
PPE: 52
ISP:---
HP: 57
SDC:232

Power Category:
Special Training (Ancient Master)

Powers:
Feign Death (+90%)
The Cleansing Spirit (+86%)
Positive Energy
Channel and Unleash Physical Energy
Healing Factor

Alignment: Scrupulous
Birth Order: First born
Weight: Average (5'11")
Height: Average (190 lbs)
Disposition: Tough guy, self reliant
Life Savings: $107.00
Country of Origin: Mongolia
Childhood Environment: Countryside
Wealth Level: Laborer, Poor
When powers Manifested: Preteen (Training)

Crazy Hero:
N/A

Insanity:
N/A

Mega Hero:
N/A

Skills:
Skill Category:
Basic Mathematics (+98%)
Speak/Read/Write Language (+98%) (Mongolian)
Speak/Literate Secondary Language (+55%) (English)
Biology (+55%)
Art (+50%)
Boxing
Wrestling
Climbing (+50%)
Cooking (+70%)
Play Musical Instrument (+70%)
Swimming (+85%)
Running

Secondaries-
Navigation (+85%)
Land Navigation (+64%)
Paramedic (+75%)
Hunting
Concealment (+55%)
Track Animals (+60%)
Identify Plants and Fruit (+55%)

History:
Chet's story begins long before his birth.  The tale weaving its way through history into the dark ages and fantastic tales of the silk road reaching their way from Asia through the Middle East and back to Europe.  Marco Polo had made his journey and peddled his wares among the great courts of the East.  Magnificent prizes followed him in the form wordly riches. 

Though, the idealic spread of spiritual riches was soon to follow as missionaries from both ends of the road converged in passing.  Everything ranging from the worship of Christ and Enlightenment through meditation to the disenfranchised travellers, soldiers, and merchants.  What should have been a massive pissing contest among faiths or men lacking in such had brought about something of an epiphany to some.  Among these religious figures miracles were performed and feats of strength well beyond the scope of what mortal men should have been able to accomplish.  The perfect show to pique the interest of a merry band of assassins.  Some for selfish ends and others spotting a way to ease the pain in their souls otherwise untamed by the killing.

Their operation halted for some time as they instead traveled to seek these wise masters.  Some spreading out to different ends of the landscape from the chinese shore to the distant edges of the middle east.  India all the way up to to the near edges of modern day Russia.  Hundreds of men poking and prodding for the sole purpose of reconvening many years later.  The band largely diminished by this point as some men chose to remain at their new homes, others withered away with time, and others lost on the roads.  Those that made it however arrived largely with two very distinct agendas.  As originally planned many had chosen to try to utilize this knowledge and expand as the agents of war they once were.  Another much smaller group chose a path much the opposite. 

Realizing they couldn't sway the majority those brave enough stole into the night.  Very rarely stopping long in one place and all the while communicating their findings to each other.  The philosophical and spiritual aproach equally as important as the physical.  Likewise, the spread of the knowledge to those brave enough to seek it remained held high up within their doctrine.  Few however knew and fewer still ever sought their aid.

As the world around them grew more and more they withdrew more and more into the wilderness of Mongolia.  Hiding among their expansive plains and barren mountains wasn't difficult.  Even to this day there remain many clans and mobile villages that continue to sustain themselves with a largely traditional lifestyle.  With virtually no outward differences it was all too easy for the group--even with their rather diverse array of genetics and collected orphans and new arrivals-- to simply blend in as another one of these communities.

It was into this lifestyle that Chet was born.  His father intentionally seeking them down for much the same reason as the original group had chosen to seek wisdom on their own and his mother a native of the lands.  As many had expected there was a falling out from which Chet's father had instead chosen to leave.  An undertaking both Chet and his mother refused to follow through with. 

For the most part Chet's life was redundant and--by his own standards--uneventful.  The sight of a man pulling a plow alongside oxen commonplace in his world as much as it was for men to unleash devasting blasts of chi for a variety of effects.  Traders arriving and leaving alongside hunting parties likewise the norm.  There weren't even many thoughts of the outside world or of exploration of far off places.  The man was happy and content. 

For reasons still very much unknown to Chet his home had been chosen as the target of a vicious attack.  The attackers unidentified and clad in the dark colors of the night.  There was no warning and no negotiations.  Simply the prologue of the onslaught in the form of a planted explosive near their regular bathing spot on the river. 

The numerical advantage and the element of surprise made any counter attack impossible.  It was all that any of them could do to simply try to flee and survive.  Chet himself was barely that lucky with an explosive forcing into into the cold waters of the river where he uncontrollably continued down stream.  Finally recovering himself and suffering terrible wounds he crawled his way back to the encampment he called home to find it vacant.  The bodies removed though all the possessions left behind.  The number or location of some survivors completely unknown. 

Left with no other choice Chet was forced into the world to try to find his family. 

(Additional history and story points to be revealed during play) 

On's and Off's: He barely knows what sex even is.  Cherry unpopped. 
Coming soon...

vatovie

Wow look two fully accepted heroes. Get over to the character thread you crazy kids.

vatovie

I'd love some more people. More heroes means more missions, more missions means more fun.

DarkNevaeh

RubySlippers

I prefer Ninjas and Superspies, for cool martial artist heroes and agents and those who just prefer BIG GUNS.

But can use that book for options.

vatovie

Yeah also feel free to use that book. I didn't because some people would be turned away by extra books. So if you want to use any of the extra books for this feel free.

RubySlippers

Okay base abilities -
I.Q. 12
M.E. 11
M.A. 10
P.S. 10
P.P. 9
P.E. 11
P.B. 12
SPD 14

She has a bachelors degree - 4 Year of College [Physical Education Major]

Traded 6 Secondary Skill for a N&S "non-exclusive" Martial Art I'm thinking SHAO-LIN KUNG FU

She is a child of a supernatural being I'm mulling over as her genetic quirk.

Is a mutant with five minor powers.

vatovie

Seems reasonable but you can keep re rolling the base sets of your stats. So you can re roll all eight dice but you must do so as a set. I only mentioned it because you might like to have at least one 16, 17, or 18. Also because these are just representations of power in game and don't matter as much since we aren't using the system past character creation.