Your Avatar and what it says about you.

Started by Sherona, June 02, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldRanger

I have to agree that pink almost always look good, but as you can tell from my avi that I really, really enjoy black & white pics.

MusicNeverDies

My avatar is of the lovely Esmeralda, from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, based on Victor Hugo's lovely novel. I think the picture is alluring, without being smut- as I'd hope you wouldn't get smut from a Disney screenshot. Which is what I'd like to classify myself as, alluring without being smut. I grew up, and still am at heart, a Disney child. As such my avatar reflects that kid in me, but also the obvious sensual side.

Also- with the 'Lady' name tag being red, I like to keep the color scheme going through the entire sidebar. Even if I loved a picture, if it clashed with the Lady name tag I'd instantly reject it- it's part of my slight OCD.

Maeven

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on August 30, 2008, 01:01:11 PM
Also- with the 'Lady' name tag being red, I like to keep the color scheme going through the entire sidebar. Even if I loved a picture, if it clashed with the Lady name tag I'd instantly reject it- it's part of my slight OCD.

You know they have medicine for that...

I haven't posted since I changed avies... but Dawg was nice enough to send this one my way.  I <3 it.  My old ones were all high heels so the reasoning still stands. I love heels, have lots of pairs, wear them every chance I get.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Haibane

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on August 30, 2008, 01:01:11 PMAlso- with the 'Lady' name tag being red, I like to keep the color scheme going through the entire sidebar. Even if I loved a picture, if it clashed with the Lady name tag I'd instantly reject it- it's part of my slight OCD.

Quote from: Maeven on August 30, 2008, 04:34:39 PM
You know they have medicine for that...
And of course you have to stay online permanently, Music, so your green dot matches the 'LADY' font...

Haibane

Quote from: Ket on August 28, 2008, 02:26:52 AM
Interestingly enough, the flags down at the oceanfront that they fly for colorful fun use the same colors, in the same stripe pattern, except all the stripes are equal dimensions.
Hee, hee, I love it when town councils and such make unknowing gaffs like that  ;D

Lilias

What my avi says about me... hmmm...

I love red hair, and I'd put up even with the full body suit of freckles to have it.
I'm definitely into medieval/fantasy settings and storylines.
I don't flaunt my assets. I prefer to smile, offer a sneak preview of my wares, and leave it to those who dare come closer to discover the rest.

Pretty obvious, actually. ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Dawg

Didn't change mine yesterday on the National Change your avatar day, I need her around to much.  And why is she my Guardian Angel, well she  is  easy to spot because who else can drive their guardian angel to drink and smoke cigarettes (see all you doubters out their, it isn't because she i s hawt - well she is - but there is substance and reason behind the particular avatar).

There is one other one that I am still hesitant to post, because she is my true guardian angel, but If I do then the two will be the only one I plan on using.  And yes I will jump back on and explain the other one if I do, but don't expect it anytime soon.

My Gardian Angel
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Emmaline

Hmm. I have three avatars, for different moods I suppose, but all three portray  "Emmaline" well I think.

The one I have up now is from a larger work of art. I like that it is both sensual and playful. I like to think I am both.

The short answer because alas there is no deeper meaning to it. I simply choose ones that portray qualities of mine. One casual, one playful and one quite a bit darker.

Cutter

I changed mine. I did enjoy my Russel Crowe av as did most of the ladies here, but I felt ole grizzled Mickey Rourke fits my persona know. I'm bit grizzled. Seasoned cynic, grunt veteran of countless battles with the throngs of humanity. Perhaps a bit world weary, casting a gaze from my gimlet stare . Reflections in a  jaundiced eye.
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

WyldRanger

Pretty obvious what mine is all about...a beautiful woman and a piano...nothing better than that :)

LaBelleDame

Even with the change, it's still a glimpse of me, so I would imagine my avi says that I'm so vain I can't even imagine using something other than myself to indicate me.
Not to mention I had fun playing around with the colors just a touch.

OH, and it says that my bed is tiger print.
Rawr.
XD
I really should get me one of these.

Bliss

Trying out something new for the first time in almost a year and a half... thoughts?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

It's gorgeous.  Utterly so.

And LaBelle?   Wow. 

MagicalPen

Sexy Bliss! But not the Bliss I remember :(

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Bliss

An exotic, ethereal Bliss, with rich palate and a striking fantasy bent. :D
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

And if you look REALLY closely, nice nipples.  *nods*

Trieste

I likes it.

Mine is fairly simple - school, again~

Kalen

Might i suggest that we actually post a picture of what the avatar is into the posts?  otherwise, when the image changes, it's confusing!

LaBelleDame

Heh, tankies Kalen.

And I rather like that picture, Miss Bliss.
It's very pretty.

Also, mmmm, school girls.

Though Kalen does have a fair point.
Upon the changing of avatars, old post just become silly.

Maeven

I wholly approve Bliss. 

*nods*

And its matchy matchy with the 'Siren' tag... should make Music happy!

The Cardinal Rule

Bliss

Does Music like the matchymatchY? We should find you a gold/cream colored Avatar!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Maeven

Quote from: Bliss on September 04, 2008, 12:01:50 PM
Does Music like the matchymatchY? We should find you a gold/cream colored Avatar!

Yes:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16274.msg783402#msg783402

As long at its shoes... *giggles*

Actually, I think I have one on my computer that's gold and cream... *goes to rummage*

The Cardinal Rule

Kalen

Same Avatar, only sepia would work.  *nod nod*

LaBelleDame

LaBelleDame

Can't decide if that's the tint I wanted to use.
Opinions?