Question about something for a Non-Adult request thread

Started by SweetSerenade, February 16, 2013, 10:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

I feel silly, for forgetting that this place was accessible to me. I was just suggested by Yugi, that I could ask my question here.

I am setting up a very detailed non adult RP request, but this includes my partner understanding an ability my character has.

The setting is the Naruto world, and I was wondering if someone would take a look over my characters 'Bloodline Trait', to make sure it sticks within the whole PG-13 rule. I wanted to get it cleared first, before I posted my thread. Since I am in the approval process, and I do not want to do anything that might hinder my application process.

Ability in the spoiler tag
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kekkei Genkai -
Chi Fukkaku, Chishio soujuu (Blood style, blood manipulation) (Credited to Eclipse-sama, he helped me create this.)
When a member of the Kururugi branch, uses this Jutsu, it can be manipulated in many ways. They can manipulate blood, whether it be theirs, someone else, or an animals. Blood is their skill, and when combined with Chakra can do many things. They have mastered the art of using blood as weapons, most of the time using it to form kunai or Shuriken, or Senbon. The strength of the weapon, depends on the amount of chakra pressed and compressed into the blood. As well as the amount of blood used for such a task. Through lots of training, and a lot of skill, a Kururugi member has the ability to actually draw blood from their body or others. Most of the time, it's their own, that comes the easiest. To draw blood from others, you must have an open wound, with blood coming from it, because it makes it easier for the chakra strands to take hold, sink in and draw more blood out. Most Kururugi's spend years perfecting this.

Most Kururugi's tend to be Medic-Nin or ANBU. They make superb Medic-Nin, because they can train to not only pull blood from the body, but put it back in. So say if you need a transfusion done, they will make a small cut in one person's arm, draw blood out, and then put it into the other person's body through an open wound. Then they would hold the blood in the body, by spreading their Chakra through the bloodstream, using extreme concentration, and then allowing another Medic Nin to heal the wounds.

Unlike their Kobori cousins, Kururugi's are incapable of reproducing blood at a rapid pace. Thus making a great flaw in their armor. For if a Kururugi uses too much of their own blood, they risk passing out. That is why a Kururugi trains to use other peoples blood, and not their own. Though they know how to use their own, it is a required part of training, to learn to use the blood of others.

Chika was born with a unique understanding, of the more advanced aspects of the bloodline. It's why she trains so hard, because the easier concepts are actually more difficult for her. What I mean by advanced techniques,  is something in particular.

'Uta no Chi' (Song of Blood), is a more advanced technique, that the Elders of the clan keep from the younger members. Though some are born with a more innate understanding of this ability. A Kururugi with access to the Uta no Chi, is a Kururugi that is constantly using a slow drain of chakra. You see the Uta no Chi, can sense the innate blood/chakra signatures of the people around the Kururugi. Since a young age, Chika has been listening to the blood songs of all of the villagers around her.

The Uta no Chi, is primarily used by older members in Medical procedures, and Recon missions. The Uta no Chi, allows the shinobi using it to sense the 'life strands' of the person they are feeling. This life strand, can tell the Medical or ANBU shinobi, what state the person is in. Usually it cannot be used upon people that the Kururugi has never met before. But if they focus enough, they may be able to track down enemy heartbeats. Other then that, the Uta no Chi is an advanced skill that most Kururugi's never learn.

It is in their family recordings, that the last Female Kururugi was a Master of their Bloodline. Sort of the Madara Uchiha, of her clan, when it came to the level of her talents with her Kekkei Genkai. It appears female members are born with that level of control. It's ironic, since the most powerful members of their clan, are the ones most despised.

There are many weaknesses to it, that I will gladly specify, if my partner wishes to know.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

SweetSerenade

I understand that this is questionable, which is why I was asking first. Because Blood Manipulation was also used in a children's show on TV. I'm not sure what rating Avatar the Last Airbender would fall under, but I know for a fact that 'Blood Bending', was within that show. I was wondering, so long as it wasn't particularly graphic... Or used in a violent fashion, if her ability would be allowed to be used, in the Non-Adult section?

Elina

I think it seems fine.  I wouldn't make it detailed with tons of gore, but the concept is okay.

Kye

As Elina said, I don't see a problem with the concept.  Shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't include excess amounts of gore.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Kyrsa on February 17, 2013, 12:55:30 PM
As Elina said, I don't see a problem with the concept.  Shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't include excess amounts of gore.

Awesome! Thanks guys.