Male to Female Ratio

Started by Koren, January 31, 2013, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koren

So I only just found the full Forum Stats page (haha, yeah it took me a while) but I noticed something interesting on it

QuoteMale to Female Ratio:  1.2:1

I was just wondering how this was calculated. I know E was actually formed and the liee group brought in later, so if its calculated as ladies and lords, where do the lieges fit in. Or if its done by the gender symbol in the profile how does that work as well as no everyone has it?

Just a little curiousity thing on my mind. :)

Koren

Caeli

I believe that the ratio is calculated by member group (Ladies/Dames, Lords/Knights), but I do not believe that Lieges are calculated in that ratio.

Vekseid would probably be the only person who knows, since he's the only one who has control over the actual backbone and  innards of this site.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Autumn Sativus

The last time it was brought up, IIRC, Vekseid said the population was about 3% Leiges, so it wasn't enough to factor in.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Moraline

If it works the way other SMF boards works then it's based on the box that you check for male/female (the one under your picture.) Sexual identities/orientations don't play a role in the numbers.  It's not code that Veks wrote it's just a plugin feature of the SMF boards.

RedPhoenix

You can calculate it yourself though! I am very bad with number so some of this is undoubtedly wrong but...

Ladies: 4,001
3,663 Ladies
321 Dames
8 Lady Mentors
6 Sirens
3 Goddesses

Lords: 4, 568
4,329 Lords
231 Knights
4 Lord Mentors
3 Satyrs
1 God

Lieges: 211
188 Lieges
22 Champions
1 Liege Mentor
0 Genies
0 Sidhe

This doesn't include members who are On Hiatus since that doesn't take gender into account. Otherwise all approved members should be included in this.

So that's like a total of 8,780, and if I'm doing the math right (I am almost certainly not doing this math right geez with all the scientists we have on this site where are they when you need one!?!?) I think that's...

45.5% Lady
52.0% Lord
2.4% Liege

I don't know how you do ratios.

Also every time I do this the mystery of who exactly the Liege Mentor is comes up. It is a person named Orgasm who has four posts none of which can be seen anywhere. *scooby doo theme*
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Oniya

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 03, 2013, 01:16:11 PM
You can calculate it yourself though! I am very bad with number so some of this is undoubtedly wrong but...

Ladies: 4,001
Lords: 4, 568
Lieges: 211

This doesn't include members who are On Hiatus since that doesn't take gender into account. Otherwise all approved members should be included in this.

So that's like a total of 8,780, and if I'm doing the math right (I am almost certainly not doing this math right geez with all the scientists we have on this site where are they when you need one!?!?) I think that's...

45.5% Lady
52.0% Lord
2.4% Liege

I don't know how you do ratios.

Also every time I do this the mystery of who exactly the Liege Mentor is comes up. It is a person named Orgasm who has four posts none of which can be seen anywhere. *scooby doo theme*

Your math is actually spot on.  To do ratios, you just have to figure out how you would get the same percentage if you set a given category to 1.  The ratio of women to men to lieges is therefore about 1 to 1.14 to 0.05
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17