Want to try something new

Started by persephone325, January 25, 2013, 03:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I've been wanting to try a system game for a while, but I can't seem to find any listed in the "Roleplays Wanted" section. (Unless I'm just not looking hard enough.)

I'd like to find a game that's close to starting, or just recently started.
I'm a noob to system games, so the easier to understand, the better. (Maybe I should start off with a game that uses the E Dicebot?)

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Autumn Sativus

You'll probably want to go for the Group Roleplays Wanted section - at a quick glance I saw a thread for a D&D game at least. The GM's corner might also show some upcoming games you could inquire about. :-)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

persephone325

The Forgotten Lands thread? I'll have to check it out. Would that be something easy for me to start out with?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Autumn Sativus

As long as you do the basic reading (D&D 3.5 Player's Handbook skim - you can download a .pdf of this almost anywhere) you shouldn't have too much of a hard time with D&D settings so long as your group is willing to help you learn along the way. D&D was my first system and I didn't find it too difficult to catch on after the first few sessions. I find it easier online with everything laid out in text instead of whizzing by in quick bursts of talking.
Us against the world

persephone325

I see. I'll have to do some searching. :-)

What about the Shadow Run game by LunarSage?
I don't know.

Autumn Sativus

I have not personally played ShadowRun but I often hear it described as being a slightly toned down version of D&D. It would probably also be a great starting point, but don't hold me on those words 100%. >.>; Someone with actual experience in both systems would probably have a better idea.
Us against the world

persephone325

Gotcha.

Thank you for the assistance! ;D
I don't know.