Slooooow

Started by LunarSage, January 13, 2013, 03:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Dunno what happened, but for about 5 minutes (4:28-4:33 EST), the load time was really, really slow.

It seems better now though.  Nominally.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Vekseid

Could someone IM or text me when this happens?

ShallWePretend

I didn't see it happen, but if you've got the cash, consider installing NewRelic on this server. I'd post a link, but I'm new so I can't.

They call it "X-ray vision for your website". I use it on another site I'll not name, and it works really well for figuring out bottlenecks in performance, especially with PHP and whatnot.

Vekseid

Quote from: ShallWePretend on January 14, 2013, 06:44:56 PM
I didn't see it happen, but if you've got the cash, consider installing NewRelic on this server. I'd post a link, but I'm new so I can't.

They call it "X-ray vision for your website". I use it on another site I'll not name, and it works really well for figuring out bottlenecks in performance, especially with PHP and whatnot.

Our problem isn't any truly specific bottleneck, it's that we've got too much site on too little server. Lag in late morning/early afternoon (after the backup stuff that drags down performance) means that something not Elliquiy-related is going on to bring down performance. Regardless, we have 24 gigs of database and 8 gigs available for the InnoDB pool.

ShallWePretend

Ah, resource contention. Damn. Yeah, sometimes being popular just sucks. And a server that could really handle that well could cost a few hundred a month.

Well, I recommend Linode if you're looking for a better host, but I imagine your host is doing just fine, overall. Sorry to be so presumptuous!

Josietta

Quote from: Vekseid on January 13, 2013, 11:38:37 PM
Could someone IM or text me when this happens?

You still want IMs or texts on this?

If so I can do so just pop me over your number and i'll text as soon as it happens.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!