Uber slow PM

Started by Lord Drake, January 12, 2013, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Drake

Is it me or the site has slowed a lot especially when one tries to open the PM box? It takes forever to open to me and the remaining of internet seems to work...

>_>
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

JackWhite

Is it a PM with a lot of reactions on it? Try sending a fresh one.

LunarSage

No, LD is right.  It's happening to Josi and I as well.

As a matter of fact, E in general is turtle slow right now.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Beguile's Mistress

My Inbox is always slow to open but I have quite a few conversations going on in there.

*waves to Drake* :-)

Silver

Quote from: LunarSage on January 12, 2013, 11:57:33 AM
No, LD is right.  It's happening to Josi and I as well.

As a matter of fact, E in general is turtle slow right now.

+1
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Autumn Sativus

I've actually been getting a grey/white checkerboard loading screen between pages for the past couple of days. It's definitely slowed down.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Lord Drake

Again especially the PM box takes forever to open. While for example facebook or google or other sites go normally.
— Dream Hampton

JackWhite

Quote from: Saffron on January 12, 2013, 12:04:00 PM
I've actually been getting a grey/white checkerboard loading screen between pages for the past couple of days. It's definitely slowed down.
The checkerboard is a Chrome thing I think because I saw it on another forum too.

Autumn Sativus

I've never seen it before - could be - but no other site is loading like that. As others have mentioned it is just E. *Nod*
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Moraline

All of E is lagging for me as well.

Previewing posts is among the slowest as well as PM's are extra painfully slow.

Vekseid

Quote from: Lord Drake on January 12, 2013, 11:45:24 AM
Is it me or the site has slowed a lot especially when one tries to open the PM box? It takes forever to open to me and the remaining of internet seems to work...

>_>

I've mentioned before that inbox loading is going to be slow for as long as we are on the current software.

Not seeing any slowness with the rest of the site, though? Is it still going on?

Oreo

I am noticing a significant lag. About 15 to 30 seconds for pages to load.

Edit: Seems better now.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Lord Drake

Quote from: Vekseid on January 12, 2013, 01:54:56 PM
I've mentioned before that inbox loading is going to be slow for as long as we are on the current software.

Not seeing any slowness with the rest of the site, though? Is it still going on?

Right now is much better.

In my case the inbox loading was slow in the sense of sloooooooow... in the sense that I've had the time to write a whole roleplay post while it loaded. Also the site loading was slow although there were some things that weren't... for example the "home" site was fast to load while entering in a subforum seemed to be slower.

Again, right now is much better.
— Dream Hampton

Beguile's Mistress

My pages are loading faster now too but they weren't all that bad before.

Lord Drake

This because you can beguile everything and everyone into working for you. Honest, I was chatting with Neroon just exactly about that.

;D
— Dream Hampton

Neroon

Rubbish! You were showing me a cartoon about the creation of a fart-weasel...
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Lord Drake

...yeah that tends to happen when me and you chat... we start with the definition of beguiling and we end up with fart weasels.

>_<
— Dream Hampton

Trieste

You two are so classy.

Quote from: Saffron on January 12, 2013, 12:04:00 PM

It usually slows down for me in the mornings. I notice long load times on things like "show new replies to my posts" and such. I don't notice it so much in the evenings, but when I'm up in the early mornings and poking around it always takes forever.

Geraint

The site is currently very slow for me, with thread and PM page loads in the range of almost a minute, and PM sends of two minutes or more. (I am on server time)

Edit:  and, of course, as soon as I sent that, things improved.  It's an off and on problem, that I've been observing for the past several days.

Remy

Oh thank goodness it's not just me.  It's taken me the devils own to even reply here.  Very slow to the point of stalling.  I've cleared cookies, shut my browser, rebooted, and still it's the same.

bubby

Ditto on the slow thing. Last few days. Can't pin it to a particular time though.

Moraline

It's been stuttering for me. Freezes up suddenly then goes normal again.