Preferred image hosting practices

Started by BetaBonk, January 04, 2013, 07:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaBonk

I'd appreciate some guidance on how this site and its users deal with uploaded images.

I want to include a simple character portrait, but find I have to link to an image hosting site.  I immediately thought of Photobucket or Imageshack and the like... but then there is the site's wiki, which seems to be used this way.

So what do you find to be the "best practice" here?  And any suggestions on image hosting sites in general?
Thanks!

Trieste

Lilias

Our wiki has tons of space, so it's a good choice.

I used to use Flickr, until they removed the hotlinking option. I tried Photobucket and Imageshack and hated them. I've settled for using my WordPress. Each blog gets 3Gb of media allowance. If I ever run out, all I have to do is register another blog.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

BetaBonk

Thanks -- I've uploaded a file to the wiki, but can't divine a way to put it into a forum post.

(Honestly, I have done this before :-) )
I've tried every way of encoding it that I can think of... so what am I missing here?

Autumn Sativus

Go to the image, right click and select 'Copy image url'. Then use the following code to embed the image.

[img]copied url goes here[/img]
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

BetaBonk

Aha... sneaky image url  :P

Thanks again!