Gendermatching?

Started by Nessy, December 28, 2012, 06:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessy

I know earlier on the gendermatching was not enabled because not enough people filled out it. Is gendermatching referring to writers or the characters? If it's the Characters I play portion that was being waited on, are we getting closer? These days I see a lot more players (active players) with that section filled out than not.

Thank you!
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Missy

Oniya

I think that's matching things like Player A plays :"Males who submit and are attracted to females" with Player B plays: "Females who dominate and are attracted to males".
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nessy

Quote from: Oniya on December 28, 2012, 10:04:12 PM
I think that's matching things like Player A plays :"Males who submit and are attracted to females" with Player B plays: "Females who dominate and are attracted to males".

That my assumption. And the last update said it was pending until people actually filled that part out. My basic inquiry is are we at that point yet, where enough have filled it out?
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

jouzinka

I think it is enabled and has ever been, but I believe Veks said that it is not worthwhile as not enough people have filled the info and therefore the results aren't as relevant as would be desired. But in terms of functionality, I think it works...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Trieste

Quote from: jouzinka on December 29, 2012, 07:37:50 AM
I think it is enabled and has ever been, but I believe Veks said that it is not worthwhile as not enough people have filled the info and therefore the results aren't as relevant as would be desired. But in terms of functionality, I think it works...

No, it isn't enabled. If you click on the "players" tab at the top of the forums, you see the message.

Gendermatching is not enabled yet because not enough people have filled out their partner preferences for it to be worthwhile.
Please fill it out and convince others to do so : )

So it is not currently enabled.

Quote from: Nessy on December 29, 2012, 01:19:16 AM
That my assumption. And the last update said it was pending until people actually filled that part out. My basic inquiry is are we at that point yet, where enough have filled it out?

You're probably right about the fact that there are probably enough people to have filled it out. You might PM Veks and ask him directly. (Don't forget to say hello to him anyway and tell him how awesome he is. ;) )

jouzinka

Quote from: Trieste on December 29, 2012, 12:39:25 PMNo, it isn't enabled. If you click on the "players" tab at the top of the forums, you see the message.
Thanks. :)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Nessy

Quote from: Trieste on December 29, 2012, 12:39:25 PM
No, it isn't enabled. If you click on the "players" tab at the top of the forums, you see the message.

So it is not currently enabled.

You're probably right about the fact that there are probably enough people to have filled it out. You might PM Veks and ask him directly. (Don't forget to say hello to him anyway and tell him how awesome he is. ;) )

Thanks will do, on both accounts.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

shadowsin

Quote from: Nessy on December 30, 2012, 02:06:21 AM
Thanks will do, on both accounts.

Any word back on this?  ...about the Gendermatching, I mean.  We all know how awesome Veks is.  (He helped me with an issue I had.)

Hurray! New signature!  How do you get the stupid plastic wrapper off this freaking thing?

Nessy

Quote from: shadowsin on January 06, 2013, 06:29:56 PM
Any word back on this?  ...about the Gendermatching, I mean.  We all know how awesome Veks is.  (He helped me with an issue I had.)

Nope I did not hear back from him on this. It was probably a busy time for him when i asked.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Vekseid

Gah, sorry.

Mostly it's because I've been wanting to focus on the new software instead.

Monfang

I love filling things out. When I get approved I'll be all over that.

Nessy

Quote from: Vekseid on February 14, 2013, 03:48:13 AM
Gah, sorry.

Mostly it's because I've been wanting to focus on the new software instead.

Oh it's fine. I am not expecting any magic wand instant gratification. I was mostly curious if participation in the new system had reached the point when the effort would make sense is all.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Monfang

Quote from: Nessy on February 14, 2013, 10:18:19 PM
Oh it's fine. I am not expecting any magic wand instant gratification.
Thank goodness, if women did then us guys wouldn't have a chance.

Nadir

Quote from: Monfang on February 14, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
Thank goodness, if women did then us guys wouldn't have a chance.

*side-eyes*

Saerrael

*drags Dim away for some 'magic wand instant gratification'-magicks*

Nadir

kylie

Quote from: Monfang on February 14, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
Thank goodness, if women did [expect instant gratification] then us guys wouldn't have a chance.
I've usually figured the problem was often that the guys mainly attempt instant gratification, and women like more build-up. 

Shrugs.  Maybe I'm just speaking for myself (feminine side thereof).  :-\

Silverfyre

Or someone is making the same tired "Am I right, fellows?" type of jokes here that most of us are sick of hearing.   ::)

Oniya

Quote from: dragonsen on February 15, 2013, 02:18:54 PM
I think part of the reason why people are not fillingout the O/Os is because they see everyone having their own O/Os thread instead of the applet. Do we know what percentage of people actually have the applet filled out?

Well, some people do go both ways.  [/Ray Bolger]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nessy

Quote from: dragonsen on February 15, 2013, 02:18:54 PM
I think part of the reason why people are not fillingout the O/Os is because they see everyone having their own O/Os thread instead of the applet. Do we know what percentage of people actually have the applet filled out?

Naturally I don't have numbers or anything, but are you encountering a lot of people that don't have it filled out? These days, i rarely see them which is completely different from a couple months after the feature was released.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Thorne

I have it mostly filled out - there are some aspects of it that confuse me.
I also have an o/o thread, 'cause .. well .. . .. . everybody has one?

Sorry if I make no sense. My brains feel kind of disconnected from the rest of me.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups