Not exactly sure where to put a project

Started by Oniya, December 28, 2012, 03:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

So, in an effort to push my writing, I came up with an Idea:  A story that would progress in somewhat episodic form, with a side-thread for 'What's Next'.  The idea is that I would be doing all the posts on the story thread, but the 'What's Next' thread would allow readers to express what they would like to see explored in subsequent posts - possibly things I haven't thought interesting enough to others to explore myself.  I'm thinking the Storytelling Forum, but I wasn't sure if the semi-interactive nature would make it more appropriate to put it elsewhere.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

Back in the day there was a story called Fate that was written by one person. After each episode a second person would come up with three possible turns of events, then anyone could vote for one. Whichever got the most votes was what happened.

That story was in the [EX] section because, well, it was. So you might just put it in the section it would have gone in if there were more than one person involved.

NiceTexasGuy

Sounds interesting.  If you decide to do this I hope you announce it here so I can check it out.

Thanks.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Moraline

I would say belongs in the Story Telling Section. Since it's going to be a completely solo writing project, then it's a story. I have seen other people posting responses and stuff in those threads in the past.

The hard part is getting people interactively involved in your thread in that forum. Few people read the stories and even fewer respond.

Although I don't see any harm in doing it the way Avis habilis suggested.

Beguile's Mistress

The Storytelling Forum would probably work and I'm sure you'll gain a lot of interest.  I know I'll be bookmarking it. ;D

Oniya

The more I think about it, the more I think the Storytelling Forum would work best.  I don't know what (if any) 'kink level' it's going to go to - although I will keep the thread 'labeled' should it move off of VAN - and if no one provides input, I still intend to put up new posts regularly.  The 'What's Next' is intended to give me a shove if I fall into the common trap of, well, 'what's next?'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nadir

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 28, 2012, 03:15:40 PM
Back in the day there was a story called Fate that was written by one person. After each episode a second person would come up with three possible turns of events, then anyone could vote for one. Whichever got the most votes was what happened.

That story was in the [EX] section because, well, it was. So you might just put it in the section it would have gone in if there were more than one person involved.

Wasn't Fate written by Paradox and Greenthorn?

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~