Favorite Genre

Started by MasterMischief, October 22, 2009, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

Surely this has been asked before, but a quick search did not turn up anything.

I am sure I left out some.  I apologize if I missed your favorite.  Feel free to check Other and add in your comments.  I also allow multiple selection.

Saerrael

TheLegionary

Historical with fantasy and sci-fi.

AthenaNude

Historical fiction (using history and historical characters as a backdrop with new results).

Ancient empires, specifically Greece, Egypt, Sumeria, Crete, and India (bronze age)

Iron Age empires, specifically Rome, Carthage, Norway (the vikings), and England.

Swashbuckling Age, specifically pirates, explorers, and musketeers (Spain, England, France, and the Dutch)

Fantasy

Elves, elves, and elves, thank you very much.

Sci-Fi

Either original settings or using existing series (particularly Babylon-5, Star Trek, and Aliens)

Contemporary

Creative romps set in wholesome suburban bliss  LOL  I also toss some TV sitcoms and shows into this category.

Superheroine

Mostly Marvel and DC but sometimes I might go with original characters and settings if they interest me.

----------------------------------------------

Least Favorite historical setting: Feudal Japan (and Asia in general).

Least favorite sci-fi setting: Firefly, Torchwood, Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Farscape.  Not a fan.

Least favorite fantasy setting: World of Warcraft (bored with it), Forgotten Realms (ditto), and things based on Final Fantasy (or similar to it).  Also not really into erotica involving orcs, goblins, ogres, and other gross yicky things.  Unicorns?  Yes.  Zombies?  No.

Least Favorite contemporary setting: anything that's too Goth.  Not a big fan of vampires, werewolves, etc.

Butterflykiss

Modern Fantasy and Historical Fiction/Alternate History <3

RedPhoenix

Gothic Horror / Historical / Medieval Fantasy here!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Sevinn

Historical, Real Life, Gothic, and Alternate realities for me.
I never fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

MasterMischief

Interesting.  I may have to trot out my Pirates campaign again.

warzon2

Kalyx

Fantasy/sci-fi/horror/drama and any combinations thereof.
Cold-blooded? Certainly not!

xnikkix