Dungeons and Dragons Styled RP (4-6 Rollers)

Started by k9subsea, April 10, 2014, 01:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k9subsea

I would like to start a Dnd based RP based around the idea that 4-6 friends meet up in their home town after they just completed there self finding journy to become the hero they are to be. 

The friends made a pact 2 years before that on this very night they would arrive back here at the "Thirsty Orc Ale House" to share their adventures.

My PC
Name:  Leaf
Race:  Half-Elf
Class:  Ranger

Cassandra LeMay

Tell me a bit more about this, please.

Do you intend to run this like a pen & paper D&D game, i.e. with dice rolls and all, or are you thinking more of a D&D-based freeform? If it's the former, what ruleset would it be based on?

Do you already have an adventure idea in mind, or would it be something that is made up as we go along?

In principle I am not adverse to this idea, but it's difficult to decide based on so little information.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

justme4386

Hi k9,

I'm there with Cassandra: Could you detail a bit more about what you want to happen along the way? Is it just us reciting some adventure our characters went on? Or is it meant as a meet up and get out there for another adventure (that you would be GMing)?

If it's just reciting our past heroics, what level would our characters be on by now? As you wrote "D&D based" what edition and what setting? Forgotten Realms? Eberon? Greyhawk?

Overall however, I am interested.

Love,
Me
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

lancerBhopkins

I would be interested as well but like the others I would like a bit more information. I do have a character in mind tho.

kalebon

I do as well, I have several who bounce in my head with no way out.

RubySlippers

Interested if a system game DND 2nd edition, 3.5 or Pathfinder.

TyolkaDrake

I, too, would be greatly interested in this!!  Be it free-form or an actual character game, I'd love to join in!

TyolkaDrake

I just saw that this was posted originally in April - if no one else is willing to go with this idea, I'd be more than willing to carry the torch, so to speak - If no one else would want to, I'd love to GM it - we can make it free form or we can actually roll for characters and roll stats and such...any of you that have replied interested in this?

RubySlippers

I'm so tempted to do a DnD 2nd Edition game with no smut set in the Forgotten Realms.  ;D

Cassandra LeMay

I am tempted to offer my services as GM too, but (a) would it be my first ever rule-based forum game, and (b) am I a little too busy at the moment. Maybe another time.

That said, I am still interested in playing something like this. My preference would be D&D 3rd ed (3.5 would be okay with me, if someone reminds me of the small differences to 3.0 now and then), but I wouldn't mind (A)D&D 2nd ed either. Freeform would be fine too.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Cataclysmic Archangel

I'd be curious as well.  I've never done a group RP on here yet, but I want to try it out, and D&D (3.0, 3.5, pathfinder) is my preferred system of choice.

TyolkaDrake

I've recently been playing in Forgotten Realms and have really enjoyed it so far :D - I would need to research a bit more lore and such, but it'd be great to participate.