Jilted ex girlfriend pulls out all of her ex's teeth.... 0.0

Started by Iniquitous, April 28, 2012, 06:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

Quote from: Oniya on May 01, 2012, 07:37:00 AM
If it had just come from the Daily Mail, I wouldn't be surprised.  The fact that it went viral to major television networks without anyone checking in on it is what surprises me a bit.

I don't know why this surprises you. Hell, politicians have been known to cite the Onion as a legitimate news source.

(For those of you who don't know what the Onion is, it's a satire news site.)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Oniya

And said politician got roundly ridiculed (we are talking about the 'Abortionplex' incident, right?).  This dentist story has run twice on my local newssite - once during the morning news, and now it's shown up a few days later on their Facebook page.  I've put a message on the web article challenging them to find a citation that doesn't reference the Daily Mail.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on May 01, 2012, 09:36:04 AM
I have to take slight umbrage at the 'wrestling isn't real' bit.  I will fully admit that professional wrestling is choreographed, but it takes some real athletic ability to perform those moves, and real injuries still occur.  (Saw a nasty one last night - I'm no MD, but arms don't bend like that.)

Wrestling is physically real. The declaration would be more accurately given as, "Competition in professional wrestling isn't real," as the only competition going on there is all the behind the scenes contract negotiation to predetermine who wins what when.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

That I'll fully agree with.  ;D  Like I said - choreographed.  If you look carefully, you can sometimes catch them discussing moves mid-match.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Chris Brady

Actually, Professional Wrestlers are told a few things when going into a match.  How much time they have.  Who will win.  And if you should use your 'trademarked finisher' or not.  That's it.  Every tap on their bodies is a code to let them know how or when to do the move they have.  The Ref is there to tell them how much time they have left, and to check to see if either athlete is hurting more than he or she should.  Very few of the fights are fully scripted.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Xenolord

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on April 28, 2012, 06:18:56 PM
Dentist pulls out all of her ex's teeth

It looks like for this couple, loving each other really was as hard as... *Sunglasses* Pulling teeth. (YYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!)

CmdrRenegade

Whether true or not, it disturbs me how many people find this funny.  People would be screaming bloody murder if the genders were reversed. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Torch on May 01, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
The follow-up story will be the accused dentist working on Bat Boy's teeth.

Bwahahahahahhahaha.. thankee for a moment of sheer laughter.. (i'm sure my neighbors aren't happy with the evil laughtm from my apartment in the middle of the night.. )

Iniquitous

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on May 02, 2012, 01:14:36 AM
Whether true or not, it disturbs me how many people find this funny.  People would be screaming bloody murder if the genders were reversed.

What makes me laugh is the sheer stupidity of both involved (true or not). Do I find it funny that a female may have actually done this? No. Do I find it funny that there may be a man out there dumb enough to go to the girl he dumped just a short period of time before, ask her to fix his teeth as if nothing had ever happened? Hell yes. I'd be laughing at the stupidity of a woman going to her ex and doing the same thing.

It's the lack of thought in the actions that makes me laugh - much as I laugh when someone calls me at work and tells me "I can't watch tv! The screen has been stuck on Press Menu to watch FiOS tv for hours now!"

The only way I keep my sanity when surrounded by such stupidity is to laugh.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

LunarSage

Was he out?  I'd like to think that he'd have noticed after she pulled the first tooth or two otherwise.

Oh and XenoLord, I laughed.  CSI for the win!  ;D

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Izu

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

SRT4NightRider

And this my friends, is why when I break up with a girl, I dont stay in contact with her.... Word to the wise
For the countless souls who died, let our voices fill this night. Sing with me, never again!. They aren't lost, you see. The truth will live in me, believe me.

All that I have left inside is a soul that's filled with pride. I tell you, never again! Their depraved societ didn't end up killing me. Scream with me, NEVER AGAIN

Izzie Aditi

First of all, major ouch *covers mouth and cringes*
Second: I can't seem to access the article, it says it's an unsafe connection so I'm not going to risk it (with my laptop already semi-crashing all week)
Third: And she thought she could get away with it how?
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Oniya

I could probably find you a link to a safe version of the article, but after Beorning's post and my own research, I'm rather unconvinced.

* Oniya wonders if FOX8 Cleveland has responded to her challenge.

Torch

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Oniya

* Oniya beat Snopes to the hoax verdict for once!   8-)

Sabby