Skype and/or Google Hangouts

Started by Sofia Grace, December 02, 2016, 02:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofia Grace

So, I did my best to poke around and try and find a viable answer to this before making this thread but I may have missed something, so forgive me. Since the loss of YIM as a usable option for most people as an IM platform (I found that was what most people were on), I was wondering if we would be adding an option to include Skype or Google Hangouts username info to profiles. I saw a thead where this was discussed and voted on a couple years ago but didn't see a concrete end to the discussion.

I can always add the info to my O/O page, but I figured I would ask first.
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

Oreo

Trillian would be another nice IM to have available for profile links.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Sofia Grace

Agreed, though I notice a lot of people have abandoned it since YIM stopped working with it.  I miss my Trillian.   :'(
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

Oreo

I switched to Trillian because it was better that YIM. Skype messes with my PC.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Thesunmaid

I use trillian,skype and google hangouts. I am sort of glad I am not the only one who did not like yahoo messenger.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Spermonator

Google Hangouts is the best option for me,Skype is kinda boring.AIM and MSN is even worst.Trilian doesn'r work my PC it got broken or something.

DominantPoet

Technically, since Skype can use your addy from MSN Messenger, you could just put that in there and make a note on your request page or what not about it being for Skype instead?

Thesunmaid

What we are asking for is for it to show up as Skype instead of msn messanger. Msn is fairly broken and I was sort of happy to see that Skype replaced it. And yeah i admit I was glad to see yahoo go too. It kept blocking and unblocking contacts and would not tell me when I had messages.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Thesunmaid on January 02, 2017, 06:13:26 PM
What we are asking for is for it to show up as Skype instead of msn messanger. Msn is fairly broken and I was sort of happy to see that Skype replaced it. And yeah i admit I was glad to see yahoo go too. It kept blocking and unblocking contacts and would not tell me when I had messages.

Thank god that someone else had that happen to them. Half the reason I stopped using it was I figured everyone on my friend list thought I kept erasing them and ignoring their messages.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

MagicalPen

Since Yahoo basically died and became unusuable, I too have switched over to Skype for communication. It would be nice to be able to add it to ones profile, like we can do with the other, outdated messengers.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Lady Shadow

Well I am a newbie, and if I get approved (fingers crossed) I will add my AIM to my profile. I like it still because it still works, and I can log and off from my phone so I can get notifications. It's not bad. I don't like Skype only because if you log on and don't want to talk to someone you are sort of stuck there. (I realize you can go invisible, but meh). I will have to see how the profile looks on here and what the options are, but it would be nice if it was updated.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Al Terego