Why is E indexed by Google?

Started by Al Terego, February 21, 2017, 06:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Terego

I find it slightly disturbing that my posts on E are visible to the world at large.

AmberStarfire

Are you sure it's not just the stuff in the left hand column? That's what I thought was visible.

Oreo

It should only be the open forums that are visible to google.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Al Terego

Ah, I see.

But that leads to the question: Why are the RP request forums, which are definitely "adult" in nature, open?

Oreo

They are there so applicants can get an idea of the type of games played on E, but they cannot post there.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Al Terego

OK.

So the "safe" alternative would be to post the juicy details in the O/O thread and only link to them in the request?

Oreo

Absolutely. That's what I used to do. ; )

Al Terego

Oreo