Dark Heresy: Shadows of the Tyrant

Started by Dakkon, January 10, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

=I= see you…

After being singled out and inducted into the service of the Inquisition, things have not quite gone as you had imagined them. Removed from your past life, you have been tested and measured, questioned and interrogated. But aside from a few lectures given in darkened chambers that left you sick to your stomach and a seemingly endless stream of codes and ciphers given you to memorize and destroy, you have been left largely to your own devices. Lodging under a false name on your home planet, you have bided your time for weeks waiting for the call from your masters, and perhaps, their verdict.
At last that call has come and a blankeyed courier has delivered to you a note featuring the cipher of the Holy Ordos. The message within was simple and perfunctory, containing a time, a date and a location and instruct you to come prepared for space transport.
Launched into orbit, then the horror of deep space, you see few other passengers upon your ship and receive no other instructions for what seems like infinity. Instructions finally come, however, as a data slate message instructs to make haste to the Naval officer’s meeting room and expect company, It is signed off with a single epithet…
—The Emperor Protects

Number of Players: Four
Stat Generation: You can either roll for stats, or use Rouge Trader’s point buy system, where you start with 100 points and can assign nor more than 20 to each of your stats instead of rolling 2d10 for each.
Starting Experience: 400 EXP, as per normal character creation rules
Starting Thrones: Three months pay. These Acolytes have had some time to train and save money, and are generally well prepared.
Books Usable: Any.
Paths Usable: Any.
Advanced Rules: Alternate Career Paths that are available from first level may be utilized. Background packages may be taken. Elite Advances may not be taken yet, but they can be at a later date.
Skill Challenges: I use a skill challenge system created by Mystic Theurge Publications. You can find the description in the link below.
http://mystictheurge.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/patreon-content-skill-challenge-handbook/

Extras to Include:
- Please list if your character is generally Conservative, Moderate or Radical and which of the Holy Ordos they aim to serve.
- Please include at least two groups that your character is connected to in some way other than the Inquisition.
-Please provide brief descriptions of at least two Inquisitors who your character believes may be the shadowy sponsor behind your cell. These should be in a separate section from the rest of your background

I’d like to give GMing a Dark Heresy PbP game a shot and I’m going to hedge my bets and say that some people would be interested here. I plan on recruiting for this game until January 23rd, at which point I’ll take a look at what people are offering and try to pick out a reasonable group. If you are interested, please post a completed character sheet, along with background and picture of your character in this thread.

And may the Emperor Protect.

Sample Character Sheet:

[b]Name:[/b] [b]Age: [/b]

[b]Homeworld:[/b]                      ([i]World Type[/i])
[u]WS:[/u]  [u]BS:[/u]  [u]STR:[/u]  [u]T:[/u]  [u]AG:[/u]  [u]INT:[/u]  [u]PER:[/u]  [u]WP:[/u] [u] FEL:[/u]
[i]Corruption: [/i] [i]Insanity: [/i]
[i]Tarot:[/i]
[i]Income Level:[/i]

[b]Experience (Unspent/Total):[/b]

[b]Traits:[/b]

[b]Talents:[/b]

[b]Basic Skills:[/b]

[b]Trained Skills:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[u][b]Background[/b][/u]

[b]Desired Ordos:[/b] (Can be any, not just the big three)

[u][b]
Personality[/b][/u]

[b][u]Appearance[/u][/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Build:[/b]

[b]Hair Color:[/b]

[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[u][b]Group Associations:[/b][/u]

[b]Inquisitor 1:[/b]

[b]Inquisitor 2:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Other Notes:[/b]

[b]Notes to GM:[/b]

SGTDan

Definitely interested

All these 40k games popping, I'm beside myself with glee.

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Interested but won't have time to work on anything until Monday.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 11, 2014, 12:33:46 AM
Interested but won't have time to work on anything until Monday.

Good thing you've got tons of time then! I've modified the original post a bit, and included some alternate rules for stat generation.

Terian

Interested, do you have a general idea of what kind of game we can expect here?

Is it going to be all creeping around and scrabbling for every scrap of advantage we can beg, borrow, or steal?  Or are we going to be a bit better supported and expected to handle issues bigger then "Street Level?"

Dakkon

I'm planning on going bigger scale. It will take some time to amp up, and I'm planning on starting with Shattered Hope and possibly Edge of Darkness since I haven't GMed Dark Heresy in a long, long time... but I have an idea where I want the plot to go. You'll have support for sure.

Terian

Hmm, fair enough, I'll think about tossing something together.

Muse

I'd be interested. 

Has anyone thought about classes yet? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

SGTDan

Going Gaurdsmen here

Elysian Drop Trooper for something different.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Terian

Huh, I was thinking of doing Guardsman :(  Should have called it last night.

Wargtass

Definitely interested. Going Arbites if I can help it.
O/O

ShadowFox89

Going to roll first then go point buy if that sucks, if that's alright... Probably going Assassin.

Rolls-
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Roll 1: 6
Roll 2: 15
Roll 3: 9
Roll 4: 10
Roll 5: 12
Roll 6: 19
Roll 7: 14
Roll 8: 7
Roll 9: 2 22
Roll 10: 16

Well, getting rid of that 2, that's 108pts worth which isn't bad. The 6, 7, and 9 are going to be a pain in the ass but I think I can work with it. Gives me an average of 32, which means I think I'll keep this array.
Fate point roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53588
Wounds: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53589
Income Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53590
Tarot Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53591

Starting Package
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Skills: Speak Language (Low Gothic), Awareness, Dodge
Talents: Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Unremarkable, Pistol Training (Las), Basic Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Training (SP)
Equipment: Hunting Rifle + 16 rounds, knife, 3 doses of stimm, charm (corpse hair), black bodyglove (common quality clothing)

Name:               Age:
Homeworld:                      (World Type)
WS: 35 BS: 39 STR: 34 T: 32 AG: 36 INT: 26 PER: 29 WP: 30 FEL: 30
Corruption:       Insanity:
Tarot: "Be a boon to your fellows and a bane to your enemies" +3 fellowship
Income Level: 133 Throne Gelt/month
Fate Points: 2
Wounds: 12

Experience (Unspent/Total):

Traits:

Talents:

Basic Skills:

Trained Skills:

Equipment:

Background

Desired Ordos: (Can be any, not just the big three)

Personality

Appearance

Height: 1.75m

Build: Svelte (65kg)

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation:

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 11, 2014, 08:24:03 AM
Going to roll first then go point buy if that sucks, if that's alright... Probably going Assassin.
That's more or less the point. That way no one feels like the heresy rolls of the dice, or they have a particular idea in mind, they don't have to worry about the dice not giving them a good spread.

ShadowFox89

There is some temptation to spending most of my starting funds on armor.... Though I'll probably end up switching my starting knife to a sword, upgrading that to a mono-sword, getting a melee attachment for my auto-cannon, and then getting a mono-knife as a backup weapon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Room for one more? Since you seem to have plenty of martial inclined characters, I'd probably be interested in an Adeptus Mechanicus, Psycher or Adept.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dakkon

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 11, 2014, 09:12:53 AM
Room for one more? Since you seem to have plenty of martial inclined characters, I'd probably be interested in an Adeptus Mechanicus, Psycher or Adept.
I'm not going to pick out a party for about two weeks, so toss something up! All three would be useful.

ShadowFox89

Might switch to a Sister of Battle too... wouldn't change my setup as it is since I haven't done much work. Depends if we want a rather stealthy-inclined character or not.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Since I'm betting that not everyone has the most recent Inquisition codex, here is a summery of all the Minor Ordos I know of, most of whom where introduced in that book. Each has a brief description, just incase anyone is interested in one of them instead of the big three.
Minor Ordos A to N
Minor Ordos O to Z

ChaoticSky

Oh gods, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Ill Make time for this!

SOB or Techpriest here.

Depending on how shadow and hairy fall.

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 11, 2014, 08:25:48 PM

SOB or Techpriest here.

A SOB?

Man who knew that would be a popular choice.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

I think only me and shadow have a interest, though i like assassins too, so if he wants the sister he can have her.

I like the faithy themes.  O:)

SGTDan

Faithy is interesting concerning the Radical twist my character took as I am working on him.

Brides of the Emperor, not sure how much I would enjoy being married to a skeleton.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Quote from: SGTDan on January 11, 2014, 08:39:54 PM
Faithy is interesting concerning the Radical twist my character took as I am working on him.

Brides of the Emperor, not sure how much I would enjoy being married to a skeleton.
depends on how vigorous the skeleton is. Alittle Rigour can go a long way.  ;)

But that said, the Brides thing was from the Age of Apostasy, and a result of Vandire messing with their cult. When they use a moniker, they use the original 'daughters of the emperor'.

SGTDan

Great now I can't get that image out of my head...I think I just gained Insanity points.

That is true, I was using it as a joke. I like the Daughters much better anyway. I really thought the Bride thing was way too creepy (In a universe of creepy that's saying a lot).
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Darkling on January 11, 2014, 08:25:48 PM

SOB or Techpriest here.

I can go with either, but since you want a techpriest and no one else seems interested in Adept, I'll go with Adept and leave the Techpriest to you.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.