Humanity: A New Beginning [Female Characters Needed]

Started by MusicNeverDies, July 13, 2009, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
Humanity: A New Beginning.
----------------------

< .::I n t r o::. >

Fluttering sounds fill her brain with a listless humming. Though the tone is faint and lethargic, it is new to her young ears and sends her mind into a slight frenzy. Sounds of simple air being gently relocated by the flapping of butterflies and swallows reverberate within her ear drums and send electrical messages to her brain. This place is safe, it is gentle, it gives off vibrations of serenity. At first cautiously, she reaches her foot over the tall green dirt, wondering why the dirt here is green, and stands erect like millions of short thick hairs from the very ground itself.

In the distance a tree stands 50 meters into the sky. A real tree. Not a fake one like those shown in historic documentaries or historical movies. The presence of trees, along with the tall green dirt makes her realize that the dirt here is called grass. Another Jurassic plant and term. It also explains why there is no sound of an Oxenator running, which in the absence of plants made oxygen for the people of earth. The air itself tastes different, less stuffy. It fills her nostrils with an easy and a gentle sway. Instead of sitting in the air waiting to be inhaled, it moved around, changing temperature moderately as it cycled.   

As her feet begin to rush to the tree, more new details flood her senses. The ground is damp and soft, as she runs the ground sinks ever so slightly. Not like the rocks and desert of Earth. While running between two trees her face is hit by a thin twine that she had not seen, some sort of once elaborate net system, with a small insect trapped on it's sticky plain. A spider web. Attached to the largest tree is a swing, but it is tied to the high branches, and the seat is made of an old tire from the  automobiles that had been seen in museums.

This one of the nature rooms in the Savior, though to her it is a portal into the past. Away from the Hell that the world has transformed into, where the ground is dust and rock, and all food is artificial or beyond reasonable price. And this remarkable Haven is where her and 99 others have been sent to live and work to remake the world, as it had once been.

She is a CR. A Chosen Replenisher. And so are you.

Recruitment Thread || In Character board || Out of Character board

----------------------
Intro
Rules
Background
The Savior
Profile Templates
Cast / Dorms
Reserved
----------------------

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
----------------------

< R u l e s >

I. This is going to be a literate Roleplay. That means that at least 1 good paragraph with correct spelling is required. If you want to go overboard, please indulge yourself.
II. In going with the fist rule, one liners and chatspeak is not acceptable and repeated problems will result in being kicked from the game, sorry. 
III.All Out of Character comments must be done within brackets, or with OOC: (Or whatever your style may be) to show that you are OOC. When OOC in the game threads please stay on topic with the Roleplay, no spamming or advertising. If you want to have some OOC chat with the people in this RP, go here.
IV. No cap locks. Wow. Self explanatory rule there. Unless of course your character is yelling, but even then, it needn't be excessive.
V. Please type all posts in third person. Preferably past tense.
VI. Inactivity for more than a week(without notification) will result in your character being removed temporarily from the story (I.E. We'll say they got sick and are confined in sick bay). If this happens 3 times you will be cut. Note, this only applies if your character is currently in an active thread. If you have a character but aren't including him/her in a moving thread, then you're not going to get punished. It only applies when it interferes with the flow of other peoples games.
VII. Send in your profile to me via PM before starting to roleplay. It will be accepted or denied within 24 hours (If it is denied I will tell you why and how it could be altered and accepted) Character pictures must be real people (No anime), please try to avoid celebrities.
VIII. No godmoding/powerplaying. No Mary/Gary-sue's.
IX. You can have a maximum of 2 characters. If you want a third you can apply for her/him after a month of active play. (Note, exceptions can be made in the case of twins, if they're together most of the time. But we don't want a million pairs of twins running around.)
X. Have fun.

----------------------
Intro
Rules
Background
The Savior
Profile Templates
Cast / Dorms
Reserved

----------------------

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
----------------------

< B a c k g r o u n d >

The year is 2137 and Earth is at it's most desperate hour. Almost all resources from around the globe have been depleted. There is no water to drink, or to water vegetables or fruits with. The rain is too acidic to support plant life, and it is too costly to purify it. The cows, pigs, chickens, ducks and other once common animals have been long gone. The most nutritional food is comprised of artificial products or minerals, and if you are willing to pay, some rare form of meat, like cat or mice. Though even that is on the brink of depletion as well.

The land is barren. Plants like tress, bushes, even grass, have vanished from over 94% of the area they used to cover. As a result most areas have been deserted, and large cities are formed. These areas are given oxygen by Oxenators, machines designed to artificially create breathable air. A few places maintain enough plant life to create a bio-dome and sustain themselves naturally, but only the most rich and famous get this kind of real estate.

The government attempts to keep the general city life away from disaster and anarchy. In most major cities this is successful. In smaller cities the poverty is extreme. Unified government across countries fades, and the general well-being of a city or region rests with the government of the region itself. Because of this, there is a wide variety of backgrounds among the crew. Most live in middle class cities, where the morals are mostly preserved and besides a consistent lack of tasty food and real air, it is well maintained. Some live in regions where resources are at an end, and things like restriction on births and food stamps begin to take effect. These poor regions are most prone to anarchy and violence, but do not account for the majority of Earths population.

Because of the lack of resources, things like Televisions are mostly wiped out, their parts used in more vital machines. Film is still around, but only on the big screen. Some cities have free films as a way to keep the citizens happy, while others have it as a means of making money or (in some poorer places) gathering resources for the government. As mentioned above, some places have begun taking items, metals, fertile dirt, stray mice, anything, as a means of currency.

The world stands divided, and dying.

Luckily however, the space program has prepared. For over a century they have been preparing to create a miniature replica of Earth on a spaceship. DNA samples from everything have been collected, and gathered, kept in an unknown location.

The plan is simple. In order to re-start the world they must go back in time. This is impossible, but it is not impossible to re-create events that happened. The scientists have a secret mission. They plan to gather all Earths history and specimens and load them onto the worlds largest ship, Savior. They have studied, and are gathering 100 teens from across the world. They are known as CRs. Chosen Replenishers, who will replenish the Earths population. Each one has a skill, or a use. These 100 CRs will be sent up in Savior. They will remain up there for a few generations, copulate, watch over the mechanical elements. Once they blast off, the scientists are preparing to initiate phase two. Phase two is sending the Earth into another ice age. Phase two is their last resort to kick-start the Earth.

The 100 CRs have been selected. Now they are in space, cut off from Earth. Most take their duty seriously. Some do not. Some threaten the very existence of the human race.

Where do you stand?

----------------------
Intro
Rules
Background
The Savior
Profile Templates
Cast / Dorms
Reserved
----------------------

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
----------------------

< T h e [•] S a v i o r >
---

< T h e [•] S h i p >

The Savior is a self-maintaining ship that requires very little work to stay operational.  It is the most advance self-sufficient ship ever created, as well as the largest. (Note. Many of the words here are links, hover over to see which, and you can get examples of the interior.)

1: The Main Nature room. Where 80% of the plant and animal specimens are living. This is a massive area, with valleys, forests, rivers, mountains, and even small cottages. Nothing inside this room is younger then 2040. [Except direct decedents of animals gathered before 2040]
2: The left half of section 2 is a replica of a city in the late 1990's. And logs on how to recreate old buildings, structural plans. The left half also holds the brig. The right half is a massive museum, it contains Mona Lisa, The entire Sistine Chapel, David, Birth of Venus, Stone Henge, most famous buildings and artwork, along with the worlds largest collection of literature.
3: The left side of the cabin is an ocean and swamp. Here is where most of the water-dwelling animals and plants live. The right side is a rainforest.
4: The storage bay and mechanical sector, where all extra parts and items are stored and ships systems can be tweaked and fixed. This also controls environmental controls, steering, rations, ect.
5: Dormitories . Two sides are both identical. Both sides have a large game room, a cafeteria, a soccer/football field, sick bay, and common room.
6: The main hallway, lined with windows. [A different view of course.]
7: Escape pods.
8: Nature sections designed to naturally create clean oxygen.
9: Nature sections designed to naturally create fresh drinking water.
10: Maintenance pod for outer structural repairs.

< T h e [•] C r e w >

The crew is comprised of 100 people between 17 and 25. Each one was chosen for a reason, be it re-population, mechanics, pure intelligence, a special skill, ect. Most of the crew is determined to fullfill their job. However, within the crew there are a few people who do not want the mission to succeed. They are referred to as friends of Judas. No one knows how many Judasians are on the crew.
[Notes about being a Judasian in the profile template page.]

----------------------
Intro
Rules
Background
The Savior
Profile Templates
Cast / Dorms
Reserved
----------------------

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
----------------------

< P r o f i l e [•] T e m p l a t e s >

When it says 'YOURCOLOR' that is the color that you would post your characters dialogue in. For example if I was blue.
QuoteMusic walked into the games wanted forum, lamenting over the lack of science fiction stories. "I know!" She whispered to herself eagerly. "I will make a science fiction game!"

That makes it much easier to tell who who speaking, especially if one roleplayer has two characters. Note, try to avoid blinding or hard to read colors, like yellow.

Color Availability:
Black Red Pink Green Orange Purple Blue Brown Teal Navy Maroon LimeGreen Darkgoldenrod #FF6600 #990066 #009999

You can chose a color from Here and use [color=#INSERTCODEHERE] text [/color]. Note, not every single color there works on E, for some reason. I will keep a log of what color codes they are in the OOC board so you can find it again easily.

Note: Please post in this thread if you are interested and claim a position and color, so that multiple people aren't simultaneously writing characters for the same role. Choosing between two+ profiles is hard!

[float=left][img padding=5]http://CHARACTER PICTURE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[center]
[b][color=YOURCOLOR][.:: CHARACTER NAME  ::.][/b]

[b][Read the certificate][/b]
---
[i][Full name][/i][/center]
[size=2]HERE[/size]
[center][I][Gender][/I][/center]
[size=2]HERE[/size]
[center][I][Age][/I][/center]
[size=2]HERE. BETWEEN 17 AND 25. [/size]
[center][I][Date of Birth][/I][/center]
[size=2]BIRTHDAY. It's 2137. Do the math to find their year of birth. It will be between 2120-2112[/size]

[center][b][Now ignore it.][/b]
---
[I][Call me][/I][/center]
[size=2]NICKNAMES[/size]
[center][I][Let me be][/I][/center]
[size=2]AGE YOU ACT[/size]
[center][I][Let me love][/I][/center]
[size=2]SEXUAL ORIENTATION [Bisexual, Heterosexual, Homosexual][/size]
[center][I][Don't judge me][/I][/center]
[size=2]HEIGHT AND WEIGHT[/size]
[center][i][This makes you a stalker][/i][/center]
[size=2]ROOM NUMBER[/size]

[center][b][I don't really want to tell you this][/b]
---
[i][Want to know a secret][/I][/center]
[size=2]BIOGRAPHY. AT LEAST A PARAGRAPH[/size]
[center][I][You may know this- and you may not][/i][/center]
[size=2]PERSONALITY. BOTH HOW THEY ACT EXTERNALLY TO THINGS AND HOW THEY FEEL INTERNALLY ABOUT THINGS[/size]
[center][I][Bring it][/I][/center]
[size=2]LIKES[/size]
[center][I][Keep it][/i][/center]
[size=2]DISLIKES[/size]
[center][I][I swear I belong here][/I][/center]
[size=2]WHY YOUR CHARACTER WAS SELECTED AS A CR.[/size]
[center][i][I have a purpose][/i][/center]
[size=2]YOUR CHARACTERS JOB. [i.e, head chef, mechanic, security] [/size]
[center][I][I'm not really in charge][/I][/center]
[size=2]USERNAME[/color][/size]

< J u d a s i a n s >

Rules for being a Judasian.

I. Your objective is to get rid of the crew without being caught. Any means of sabotage is allowed short of actually causing problems that will make the ship blow up or stop functioning. For example, you could rape a female crew member to try and scare them from having intercourse to prevent having a second generation. You can try to manipulate others to join your cause. You can break down dividers that separate prey from predator to try and get rid of a species. Use your imagination here without powerplaying.
II. If you are caught after doing a large crime or sabotage, you are confined to the brig. That means you'll have a thread that you can only RP in, until you're released (likely after a visitor or two)
III. If your caught doing too many acts of sabotage your character will be removed from play. This likely won't happen but if your getting thrown in the brig every other week it'd not be realistic to keep letting you out. Feel free to make another character to replace him/her.
IV. You would need more then one person to commit larger acts that would affect the entire crew.
V. Include this information with your initial one to be a Judasian.

[color=YOURCOLOR] [b][Keep it quiet][/b][/color]
---
[center][I][You can't handle the truth][/I][/center]
[size=2]REASON FOR BECOMING ONE[/size]
[center][I][I [s]don't[/s] hate everything][/I][/center]
[size=2]WHAT YOU PREFER TO SABOTAGE (The people, the plants, the animals, ect)[/size]

----------------------
Intro
Rules
Background
The Savior
Profile Templates
Cast / Dorms
Reserved
----------------------

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
----------------------

< C a s t >

(Also shows color chosen by member)
Needed roles:
Doctors(1 spot):
Demetri Vokalof[Aiden]

Psychologist(1 spot):

Head Security(1 spot):

Head Mechanic(1 spot):

Other: (specify and I'll add it. I know I forgot jobs.)
Miscellaneous Crewmembers(No limit):
ArtistDaniella Donovich [Shihong]
Child GiverJames Masterson[rahatngt]
Child Bearer / Potential Security • Rachel Lariana [Eliza]
Child Bearer / Entertainment • Sahlia Feng [MusicNeverDies]

Filled Positions:
Head Gardener(Full):
Chloe Weymess [LadySky]
Head Animal Breeder(Full):
Zebadiah Goodman [TheVillain]
Head Vet(Full):
• Allison Piovan [MusicNeverDies]
Head Chef(Full):
Loki Rowe [Saku]
Crew Recorder(Full):
Lewis Peña[Doomsday Jesus]

< D o r m s >

(Dorm Assignments. 1-5 people per room. Mixed gender rooms encouraged.)
Room 1: Lewis Peña, Rachel Lariana , Chloe Weymess
Room 2: Allison Piovan, Daniella Donovich, Demetri Vokalof, Loki Rowe
Room 3: Zebadiah Goodman, Sahlia Feng
Room 4: James Masterson

----------------------
Intro
Rules
Background
The Savior
Profile Templates
Cast / Dorms
Reserved

----------------------

MusicNeverDies

----------------------
----------------------

< N o w • O p e n >

Saku

I'd like to claim 'Head Chef' if that's not taken and I claim the color Blue :) Should I PM you more information or write it here? And it might take me a little bit to get something out since I'm at my parents right now. I'm coming home late Tuesday night so I could have something up Wednesday if that's okay with you?
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

MusicNeverDies

Profile can be PMed to me. Just the matter of giving the character the OK (As in they aren't written with ridiculously horrific pasts, ect, ect. And it's not full of typos.) and then once there's enough interest start up a OOC board the profiles can be posted in, and then start the games. :)

It is a good idea to claim a color/post, as people might be simultaneously thinking of the same.

Crovonovin

What a fantastic idea!  One of the few I've seen in awhile to really peak my interest, and more than enough to get me back here after the month long hiatus from the site.  I'd like to claim the color Purple, and the role of Artist.  Obviously that's not a role that can be filled up by just one person like the other necessary ones, but it's the job most suitable to the character I have in mind.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Shihong on July 13, 2009, 06:54:12 PM
What a fantastic idea!  One of the few I've seen in awhile to really peak my interest, and more than enough to get me back here after the month long hiatus from the site.  I'd like to claim the color Purple, and the role of Artist.  Obviously that's not a role that can be filled up by just one person like the other necessary ones, but it's the job most suitable to the character I have in mind.
Wow! Awesome, and welcome back!

An artist would be a nice addition to the crew. :)

And, purple is now yours.

Darkforged Dove

The role of Head of Security sounds interesting to me. I'd like to reserve Navy if that is possible. Artist is also intereting, and also gives me some ideas.

I'd also like to know, how society has changed from now, till the setting's time. Major wars, political changes, changes in opinions on morality, law, wealth, government, the interaction between individuals and society, the interaction between society and government; stuff that would drastically affect how we think and act.

Like, in Frederick Poul's "The other end of Time"; we see what America is like when the government fails to control inflation. The dollar becomes worthless, and people use collectables as a means to stave off inflation; selling them when they need more cash. So, ancient vinyl records; toy dolls, tickets to a really cool concert.

Likewise, Terrorism is so rampant, since due to a valueless dollar, the population ends up turning to crime. As a result, most people who own homes (and thus aren't dying of starvation) go to places like their local YMCA to practise shooting at targets at their local YMCA's firing range. Nearly everyone carries a firearm, and it's seen as no big deal.

Things that are massive, and pervasive would be interesting.

In this case, it's the fact that the world is dying, and a scant handful are meant to rebuild the earth's population. Not even a tenth of the humans that survived the Toba catastrophe, an event that occured in 70,000 BCE, and reduced the human population to roughly 5000-10,000. This near extinction event happened when a volcano in Indonesia erupted on a massive scale and covered the world in soot. [More here and here

Knowing that 100 people have to do what 5000-10,000 people once did is a very interesting thing.

Humans will probably be even less genetically diverse than they are now as a result of this event (i.e. the game setting). Which could be a very interesting shadow to have looming over everyone's heads.
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Darkforged Dove on July 13, 2009, 10:25:26 PM
The role of Head of Security sounds interesting to me. I'd like to reserve Navy if that is possible. Artist is also intereting, and also gives me some ideas.
Navy and Security it is.

I'd also like to know, how society has changed from now, till the setting's time. Major wars, political changes, changes in opinions on morality, law, wealth, government, the interaction between individuals and society, the interaction between society and government; stuff that would drastically affect how we think and act.

Well right now I'm on the verge of sleep so I can't outline anything in detail, though I don't think I will give an exact timeline either. This story is more the tale of the attempt at rebirth more than the fall itself. I do see where the current morals of the world come into play, however. I'm trying to keep it more vague politically because I don't want it to be too politically charged. One reason they chose relatively young members (Besides lifespan and better cells for reproduction) was so that they would not be too heavily influenced by the world they were forced to grow up in. As that is not the world the scientists want.

I'll outline a few more things about the state of the world in the background post tomorrow.

Humans will probably be even less genetically diverse than they are now as a result of this event (i.e. the game setting). Which could be a very interesting shadow to have looming over everyone's heads.

It could pose some good discussion, but that depends on the characters. Likely this exact crew will not make it back to Earth, as it will not be regenerated enough by the end of their natural lives. And the genetic diversity in their generation is of no matter because everyone is from a different family. It likely won't take effect until a few more generations, nothing they personally have to worry about. But it is why we have someone with the job of maintaining an extensive family tree.

If a character was highly philosophical or such they might conciser these things, but I don't think it would be a concern that most would let bother them.

Doomsday

*douses face with water* give me about 20 minutes to read everything... But I'm about 90% sure I want to be a part of this :-)

Doomsday

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on July 14, 2009, 12:06:58 AM
Maroon! Crew recorder!
You got it!

@All:
Awesome. We have 23 profiles in, (Myself, Shihong, and Doomsday Jesus) and 32 spots claimed with profiles pending. The game will start once we have 5 profiles in, and we're of course still looking for people to join. The more people, the more realistic. I have no problem with members joining in later in the game, as it is logical that they'd not know anyone since it is a rather large crew. I'll make an OOC board tomorrow so discussion can start amongst the players.

Note: All profiles will be found in the second post of the OOC board, so that if we do get people who join later on I can edit the second post and include them instead of having profiles spread over a few different pages.

Note on the Note: Yes. I am slightly OCD about thread organization.

OldSchoolGamer

I just want to say kudos for a well-thought out game concept.  This is one of the more innovative alternate/future history games I've seen here...hell, across most of teh interwebz.   :D

I'm not going to join, simply because I already have threads I seem to be neglecting.  But I might chime in with advice on world construction from time to time.

Some interesting reading for those participating in the story would be Orphans of the Sky, by Robert Heinlein.

Aiden

Posting my interest in this game, shooting for the role of doctor.
Hoping for more of a psychologist, but will do general medicine if no other players are interested in the role.

Color-Red

rahatngt

Very interesting game. Sci-fi has always been a favorite of mine.
I would probably prefer a head mechanic though I'm a bit unsure of how good I would be pulling this off, never played one after all :)
I am also wondering what you are meaning by child bearer exactly. If mechanic is unavailable I may shoot for that. Teal would be my chosen color as Navy, Blue and Maroon are taken :D

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: rahatngt on July 14, 2009, 03:25:06 AM
Very interesting game. Sci-fi has always been a favorite of mine.
I would probably prefer a head mechanic though I'm a bit unsure of how good I would be pulling this off, never played one after all :)
I am also wondering what you are meaning by child bearer exactly. If mechanic is unavailable I may shoot for that. Teal would be my chosen color as Navy, Blue and Maroon are taken :D
Well Child Bearer would be people chosen for no specif reason of skill, but who have awesome genetics. A healthy family history, and a large number of siblings/aunts/uncles. People who are there to help the population get a sort of 'baby boomers' effect.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Aiden on July 14, 2009, 03:03:52 AM
Posting my interest in this game, shooting for the role of doctor.
Hoping for more of a psychologist, but will do general medicine if no other players are interested in the role.

Color-Red
Hmm. A good idea, actually. Told you I'd forget vital roles! Would you like to be classified as the crew psychologist? Or just go with doctor?

rahatngt

A child bearer than, an intelligent but shy 17 year old male teen, if you don't have any problem. It would be interesting. He could become someone's assistant later on if it works.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: rahatngt on July 14, 2009, 07:05:45 AM
A child bearer than, an intelligent but shy 17 year old male teen, if you don't have any problem. It would be interesting. He could become someone's assistant later on if it works.
Sure. :)

@All
Awesome. We just need one more profile and I'll be getting the IC board started up. I'm heading out for an hour-ish, and when I get back I'll be making the OOC board. Get your profiles in if you've shown interest, and if you're still looking, pipe up! I have no issue with color repetition once all those available are taken, just  as long as it is evenly spread.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on July 14, 2009, 02:32:23 AM
I just want to say kudos for a well-thought out game concept.  This is one of the more innovative alternate/future history games I've seen here...hell, across most of teh interwebz.   :D

I'm not going to join, simply because I already have threads I seem to be neglecting.  But I might chime in with advice on world construction from time to time.

Some interesting reading for those participating in the story would be Orphans of the Sky, by Robert Heinlein.
Thank ya kindly. :)

Well we're open for buisness if you become more available at a later date.

I'll keep that in mind. *Eyes her tower of books to read and throws that on top. An avalanche follows.*

MusicNeverDies

@All/Darkforged Dove: The background has been edited. I still plan to keep the backgrounds more diverse which is why I set the world up as I did, without television and other such things, and little communication between regions, it allows people to make a history more specific to their tastes. And it adds to the need to overcome cultural barriers and form a unified group if people are coming from such a wide background.

Doomsday

Quote from: rahatngt on July 14, 2009, 07:05:45 AM

Sounds more like a child-giver if you ask me :P

MusicNeverDies

MusicNeverDies

The OOC Board has been made.

I'm working on a start for the IC board, but I'm heading out for most of tonight. It should be posted midday or early evening tomorrow. Until then conversation can be had in the OOC board, and it is giving more time for those of you who haven't sent in a profile yet, or those who've not yet stated interest. You can still apply now, but you can't begin posting in the IC board until a profile is in.

MusicNeverDies

IC Thread has been made.

Head of Security position is open again.
Females are needed.
There are still a few key roles open within the crew.

Eliza

Applying for child bearer, color: dark goldenrod.

Sending profile...

LadySky

Applying for Head Gardner, Color: Brown

Profile sent.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.