Dungeon World (very rules-lite fantasy in the style of D&D)

Started by wander, May 21, 2015, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Strength doesn't affect what armour you can have, it mainly just affects your encumberance and melee damage.

A Cleric may begin with Chainmail or carrying a Shield. They both protect the same amount, however a shield is a little heavier. However, choosing the shield allows you to gain an armour later and that will have a cumulative affect with the shield.

That said, you are free to mix your attributes about before starting if you think it may be better to be adept at a specific thing more than another before play starts for yourself.

RubySlippers

I know, I figure he will use the shield and try to always get better and heavier armor.  Hence Strength will matter.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 29, 2015, 07:49:22 PM
I know, I figure he will use the shield and try to always get better and heavier armor.  Hence Strength will matter.
Speaking of Strength, I believe your bonus should be +1, not +2.

But you get to increase an attribute by 1 every time you level up; shouldn't be long before you can increase your Strength to the +2 range.  :-)
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

RubySlippers

Good, better for taking my mace and smashing enemies into their skull.  :D

Cassandra LeMay

You know, while we are talking about rules and attributes and whatnot I might as well take some load of Wander's shoulders. Most of what you have to decide for your character right now is just picking options from lists in the rulebook and I can quote them as well as Wander, I suppose.  ;D

Gear:
You can carry 11 weight. You start with Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
You also have a symbol of your deity that you need to describe (weight 0)

You have already decided on a shield for your armor. A shield weighs 2 (chainmail only 1, in case you want to change your mind because of the load).

Weapon: Your choice of (1) Warhammer, (2) Mace, (3) Staff & Bandages (Staff needs two hands, bandages are a one-use item that heals 4 hit points, all the weapons have the same weight (1). When it comes to attacks or damage they are all the same.)

Other equipment: You get either (1) Adventuring Gear and 5 more Dungeon Rations, or (2) a Healing Potion. The extra rations and adventuring gear each weigh 1, the healing potion weighs nothing. A healing potion heals 10 hit points. Adventuring Gear is a collection of useful, mundane items like maybe some chalk, rope, a torch, and so on. Every time you need something like that you can pull it out of your adventuring gear. It has 5 uses, before it's used up and needs replacing.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

RubySlippers

Shield   Wt. 2
Dungeon Rations  (10 Uses)   Wt. 2
Symbol of the One - a fire on a floor and roof  over it in a simple design -  Wt. 0
Mace  Wt. 1
Adventuring Gear  Wt. 1

Total Weight 6

Rish

Welcome to the game Ruby~ We're getting a proper party gathered up together here!

Edit: Just to let you guys know, choosing a picture for your character nets you 1 exp. And doing a backstory that helps shape the world also gives you more too. So don't forget to write a little something or choose some nice art~

wander

I've just left a notice in OOC to say I won't be running this game now.

I know my timing kind of sucks, though it was causing me stress and a headache getting everything to run smoothly, behind the scenes. I want to thank everyone for their interest and if anyone wants to take over as GM and keep this going, please feel free.

Take care.

Cassandra LeMay

:-(

You certain we can't convince you otherwise?

Just forget about the different starting locations and the NPCs, instead just take our PCs abd put them in front of a small dungeon. Maybe it could still be some good fun if we just "un-complicated" the set up?

(Sonia Sotomayor)

RubySlippers

Here is what I do the best tavern in their hamlet, which happens to be near some dungeon no one has yet explored and all the friends growing up decided to go in and seek the wealth within. There all ready to go ...

AndyZ

Still collecting people for this?  I love Dungeon World.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: AndyZ on October 31, 2015, 03:16:50 PM
Still collecting people for this?  I love Dungeon World.
Would you care to run a game? Wander dropped out as GM, I'm afraid.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

AndyZ

I can consider it, but don't really have any ideas for Dungeon World right now.

Remind me in a month or so.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.