The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning ~ 2037

Started by Primarch, June 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Founded in 2011 on the grounds that were formerly the Charles Xavier School For Higher Learning,
the Jean Grey School For Higher Learning is the preeminent facility for the education of individuals whom are a part of the mutant population.
The school is fully equipped to and staffed to see a mutant educated in a safe and comfortable from the beginning of life as a mutant to
the highest level of education.

OOC
Characters
IC - IC thread for general RP in no particular location of the facility. Please use some form of format to highlight whom is featured in the post, where it is taking place and whom is tagged. Cheers~

~~~

So I want to start a game set twenty-five years from now featuring characters that are either older versions of canon characters, the children of canon characters (whom I imagine shall be largely OC) and characters that are fully OC. Players will be free to take up characters that are students or staff, be it someone's first year as a student or the Headmaster of the entire facility (whom may be Wolerine or someone that has replaced him over the years). The game will largely follow the day to day lives of the individuals that populate the school, including their education, training to be an X-man and everything else that goes on in a boarding school full of mutants.

I do have one or two plots in mind, but for the most part I would encourage people that are interested in taking part to be capable of initiating their own plots. Beyond setting up the game and tending to a few bits and pieces I'd rather not be a full time GM but take part in the game myself. In this capacity I'd be quite interested in taking on some aide in running the game (largely just helping organize things like class timetables). As for characters, in such a game this always comes up, I understand when it comes to mutants some will be more potent then others but I'm looking for a largely character driven game. A character who's parents appear to be selected solely for a very high level powerset will more then likely be refused. I would however be very interested in allowing 'temp' characters for the purpose of individual players to run a certain villain for an X-man mission, if you have an idea for a fun opponent.

Lastly, an in-depth knowledge of the X-men comics is not required but it would be a benefit. It should be noted that certain threats popular in movies or old cartoons are possibly no longer an issue in the setting, but feel free to contact me if there's anything you'd like to clear up.

If there are any questions or suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. Otherwise I'd like to get an idea of interest and will soon get up a character sheet. Until then feel free to claim some parents.

Claimed Parents:
Remy LeBeau & Rogue: Not 'fully' claimed, but please contact me first if you are interested
Piotr & Kitty: Batman4560 
Polaris & Havok: Primarch
Wolverine & Silver Fox: Ember Star
Nightcrawler & Storm: Snickerz

Name:
Family:
Position at School: (Please note, teachers can also be studying for a doctorate or other advanced education)
Appearance: (Real PB image where possible, for characters with mutations that cause appearances that are impossible in the real world other depictions are acceptable. If you have more then one image, please use spoiler tags for anything beyond the main image)

Powers: With details please~
Skills: Any special skills, including combat training, advanced education etc
Backstory:

Turn-Ons: In the words of Warren Worthington "Its amazing you get anything done with all the hooking-up that goes on in that school" just keep in mind students will need to be of legal age for this to matter
Turn-Offs:
Extra Details: Any relevant details that app doesn't cover

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Position at School:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]

[b]Turn-Ons:[/b]
[b]Turn-Offs:[/b]
[b]Extra Details:[/b]

Batman4560

I would love to get in on this as an original character or the child of Colossus and Kitty Pride, if in your world they are still together.

Primarch

I'd rather like to respect the classic couples. Kitty x Piotr, Scott x Emma. So yes, that would be perfect.

Batman4560

Great would you happen to have a character sheet floating around?

Yukina

ElvenKitten

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Primarch

Apologies to set-up and dash, but a few people are interested. Excellent.

Lisa2lady

Ember Star

I'd like to be a daughter of Wolverine. But I'm not sure what counts as cannon couples for him. Other than in the movies he liked Jean and he had that other girlfriend before he lost his memory. I don't wanna be a daughter of Jean if that's possible.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Primarch

Snickerz

indarkestknight

Quote from: Ember Star on June 14, 2013, 09:20:30 PM
I'd like to be a daughter of Wolverine. But I'm not sure what counts as cannon couples for him. Other than in the movies he liked Jean and he had that other girlfriend before he lost his memory. I don't wanna be a daughter of Jean if that's possible.

As I recall, in the Spidergirl canon, he ended up having a daughter with Psylocke whose 'claws' were made of the same energy as Psylocke's blades. I know in at least one version of canon, he's been romantically tied to Storm, as well, which may be possible in canon now that Black Panther's marriage with her has been annulled.

Another option is would be to give her an Original Character for her mother, too, however.

Ember Star

Quote from: indarkestknight on June 14, 2013, 09:37:34 PM
As I recall, in the Spidergirl canon, he ended up having a daughter with Psylocke whose 'claws' were made of the same energy as Psylocke's blades. I know in at least one version of canon, he's been romantically tied to Storm, as well, which may be possible in canon now that Black Panther's marriage with her has been annulled.

Another option is would be to give her an Original Character for her mother, too, however.
Oooh, Storm is my other favorite. That would be awesome if I could work out what her powers would be.

otherwise I'm going for a original character for her mother, or that empathic girl in the Wolverine movie (can't remember her name right now)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Primarch

Quote from: Ember Star on June 14, 2013, 09:20:30 PM

Wolverine doesn't really have a consistent love interest, so you'd be free to pick someone within reason or invent a mother if there's no specific canon you have an interest in pairing him with. No idea how familiar you are with comics, but X-23 might be worth looking into. Not as a mother, but a character.

Ember Star

Quote from: Primarch on June 14, 2013, 09:43:35 PM
Wolverine doesn't really have a consistent love interest, so you'd be free to pick someone within reason or invent a mother if there's no specific canon you have an interest in pairing him with. No idea how familiar you are with comics, but X-23 might be worth looking into. Not as a mother, but a character.
I have no knowledge of the comics. Never had much access to them. The movies and a few of the cartoons are mostly what I know.

edit: I googled her, she's cool. Pretty close to what I want. But I don't often like playing cannon characters. So I'm gonna toy around with a few ideas.

Primarch

Quote from: Ember Star on June 14, 2013, 09:45:23 PM
I have no knowledge of the comics. Never had much access to them. The movies and a few of the cartoons are mostly what I know.

Don't worry about it. Run with what you know and what you like. If you have an interest in a female-Wolverine type character however, you might enjoy reading about X-23 at some point. Even just on wikipedia or something.

Snickerz

Quote from: Primarch on June 14, 2013, 09:50:01 PM
Don't worry about it. Run with what you know and what you like. If you have an interest in a female-Wolverine type character however, you might enjoy reading about X-23 at some point. Even just on wikipedia or something.

Ooo like the chick from the movie that had the claws but instead of coming out between her knuckles they were her fingernails... That was scaaaaary!

Ember Star

haha already did *see above edit* If I could bend her about to suit my desires, I might do it. Gonna think on it though.
Quote from: Snickerz on June 14, 2013, 09:52:41 PM
Ooo like the chick from the movie that had the claws but instead of coming out between her knuckles they were her fingernails... That was scaaaaary!
She was bad ass!

Snickerz

Quote from: Ember Star on June 14, 2013, 09:53:20 PM
haha already did *see above edit* If I could bend her about to suit my desires, I might do it. Gonna think on it though.  She was bad ass!

Hell yeah she was! I was so ticked when they killed her.

Ember Star

Primarch

She was based on Yuriko Oyama, AKA Lady Deathstrike

Snickerz

I'd want to be Storm's next of kin, I always loved her, her and rogue but I'd go crazy not being able to touch people.

Ember Star

Quote from: Snickerz on June 14, 2013, 09:56:17 PM
I'd want to be Storm's next of kin, I always loved her, her and rogue but I'd go crazy not being able to touch people.
Alrighty! You be Storm kin, I'll be Wolverine kin. Together we'll take over the world! Wahahaha (JK about that last part)

Snickerz

Quote from: Ember Star on June 14, 2013, 09:58:25 PM
Alrighty! You be Storm kin, I'll be Wolverine kin. Together we'll take over the world! Wahahaha (JK about that last part)

haha, would work if we were the bad guys. :P