News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What inspires you?

Started by Grainne, July 14, 2012, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grainne

Ok, so this is a new thread that I've thought of posting for awhile. As writers, poets, musicians, artists, I hope that we all inspire each other. So, for the purpose of this thread, what art inspires those of us who use the other part of our brains (writers, musicians, poets, etc.) I will start..

For me the long time stand by is Monet's Water Lilies..any part of his Water Lilies..I look forward to the day when I can just get lost in the whole length of the work..this is dedicated to the memory of my sister...whom I always meet there...
http://artseverydayliving.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Monet-water-lilies-blog-AIC1.jpg

(ok, damnit..I can't figure it out and have been trying to..I'm just going to post it this way and maybe someone will have mercy on me..*goes off to bed grumbling* Good night all.)
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Beguile's Mistress

Monet's "Water Lilies"

If this was what you're trying click quote and you'll see the code.

It's a beautiful painting and I'm happy for you that it brings your sister's memory back to you.

Caitlin

What inspires me is this song;

Sunshine

It's one of the songs from X men, but I basically had this song playing for nearly the entire duration that I was writing my novel, simply having this song put on repeat. It has a very soothing effect and puts my mind in a tranquil state that just allows the creativity to flow. I got it on mp3 as well now. It's only a pity that it's not a perfect repeat at the end since it fades away a bit there, so there is always a few seconds at the end that you're pulled out of your rhythm, but apart from that it's great.

Dovel

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay