Mobsters of Port Temperance (Day Three)

Started by Avi, June 27, 2009, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySky

Returning from the morgue LadySky opened her pie shop and began the daily baking. Keeping busy was her only way of not losing her mind as she kept seeing Teno's poor broken body over and over again. Unfortunatly she was not keeping a very close eye on her baking and several pies ended up with some very strange ingredients.

Taking a break she walked to the voting booth and slipped her vote in the box. Aiden

He did make her feel all warm and fuzzy so why not vote him mayor!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Rhapsody

When the news circulates, she shakes her head, thinking of the quiet man who'd had the guts to walk into an Italian eatery, daring them to try something.  And look how he was rewarded for his brashness.  She sighs as she opens her dress shop for the day, nervously checking over her shoulder for anyone eyeing her place as a next likely target. 

When the polls come around with the ballots for mayor, she hesitates for a moment, then scrawls Marguerite's name.  Though she was something of an unsavory sort, anyone that obvious couldn't possibly be a mobster... could they?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 1 (LadySky)
Marguerite: 1 (Rhapsody)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Tad, Saku, Josietta, Eliza, Madalina, Aiden, Greenthorn
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Avi

((D'oh, I just realized I forgot to get the bodyguard's protection target for last night.  X_X  Sorry!  I'll be sure to PM you next time, Bodyguard.))

Josietta

Josi raises a brow at the vote for Marguerite when it was obvious she was a crack addict or even a street walker. She wondered just why anyone would want someone strung out on drugs as a mayor. She wrote down her vote of Aiden as well, he was an upstanding member of society and one of the finest lawyers in town.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Avi

((Oh, and just to be clear, starting with this next night, the Bodyguard and the Vigilante are now able to use their abilities, since it is clear that the Mob is in Port Temperance.  When I turn Day to Night, I will expect PMs from the Bodyguard, P.I., Doctor, and Vigilante as to what they choose to do.  Thank you! -The Don))

Saku

Saku decided that Aiden seemed trustworthy and gave him her vote. She still needed to figure out who the mobsters were in order to bring them down or at least drive them out of town but that could wait until after the voting was done for the election. After all, it wasn't as though there would be another killing, not until the town's residents voted on who they thought killed poor Teno ; ; and at such a young age! Such a brutal killing. Hopefully no one would be next, maybe she could get to the mobsters in time and perhaps try to bargain for them to move out of the town and go elsewhere...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 3 (LadySky, Josietta, Saku)
Marguerite: 1 (Rhapsody)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Tad, Eliza, Madalina, Aiden, Greenthorn

Madalina

Also found that to her, Aiden had a trustworthy face. He was a down home local such as she. So she quickly cast her ballet for Aiden.

Tad

(Sorry about being out for last night... busy schedule.  Up and ready now though...)

Tad pulls her Packard back up in front of her town house.  That 'cruise' on her boat had definitely brought in some good supplies for the bar.  And with the coppers keeping such a close eye on most folks, her services as a rum runner were in high demand.  Still, no one would suspect the innocent daughter of the port's pastor to be involved in something so sinful...

As soon as she heads out of her house after dropping of her new cargo she can tell something's wrong.  She heads down to the bar to check on her buyer and find out what all the buzz is about.  Finding out about the election, she decides to vote for Marg as well.  It's not like anyone would know who voted for the girl, and a lax government would let Tad see if she could work any of this to her advantage.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Avi

((Oh, just another reminder.  Make sure to bold the person you are voting for, to make it easier for me to figure it out. :)  Thank ya.))

Eliza

Eliza opened her uncle's pizza parlor for the day, quickly heading to the back to get her nostalgic apron, right where she left it last night. The dreadful news hadn't reach her ears until noontime, where lunch for the town's elderly folks rushed in for the brick oven-baked pizza pies. Teno, a young member of the town, was found brutally murdered. "Was it the work of the mob?" Eliza wondered. The talk of the gruesome murder put an atmosphere of mourning from the old folks. "He was such a fine boy," the elderly men murmured about.

To balance out the bad news, word of a running ballot reached the pizza parlor. Just around that time, Eliza's uncle sent her off for her break. Deciding to cast her vote, Eliza left the pizzeria and darted for the Town Hall. The townspeople had already come and wrote names upon pieces of paper, which they inserted into ballot boxes. "Who should I vote for?" Eliza asked herself.

"It should be somebody in law," Eliza thought and writing Aiden on a piece of paper, casted her vote on the lawyer, and town local, for mayor.

Aiden

Aiden did not know Teno well, (did not post before he was killed) but he did visit his family and offer his sympathies. Hearing of his nominations he went to nominate himself (Aiden) , hoping the position would help him find the cruel murderers.

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 6 (LadySky, Josietta, Saku, Aiden, Madalina, Eliza)
Marguerite: 2 (Rhapsody, Tad)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Greenthorn

MusicNeverDies

Music watched the voting and finally stepped up, scribbling Aiden's name on her page and slipping it in. By the amount who ad voted for him already, it was not like anyone else could win. She then moved hastily to the hardware store, looking to buy some more locks for her door.

Greenthorn

Marg

(sorry...totally forgot about this!  :-[ )

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 7 (LadySky, Josietta, Saku, Aiden, Madalina, Eliza, MusicNeverDies)
Marguerite: 3 (Rhapsody, Tad, Greenthorn)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite

((You're forgiven, GT. ;) And yes, you may, Marg.  The rule is that you cannot nominate yourself.  Sort of like the Presidential election.))

Marguerite

[[-Nods- Gotcha]]

Then since Aiden is going to win nonetheless, still rather vote for Marguerite. I hear she talks to chocolate at night.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Avi

With an ultimate victory margin of 8 to 3, Aiden is elected the new Mayor of Port Temperance.  After much congratulating, back-slapping, and even a round of beers at the Bar, the second half of the town's business for the day rears its ugly head. 

The Mafia is here.  That much is clear.  It would be best to try to weed them out as soon as possible, and now... it was time to decide who should be punished for Teno's violent death. 

((Let the finger-pointing begin. ;)  *leans back in his Godfather chair, smoking a cigar and imitating Marlon Brando*))

LadySky

After apologizing at least a dozen times for the strange pie's she had made today, especially the one with a beet in it,  LadySky was tired and ready for some fun! Heading home to shower and change she quickly locked up her little place and made her way to the dance floor. The evening was hot and sticky and she watched others carefully, someone here had taken Teno before his time, but who?

Taking a break from the arms of her current dance partner LadySky wrote her vote for Saku and slipped it into the box.

Willing to bargain with them heh?
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Saku

Saku looked over at LadySky and decided that she would vote for LadySky to return the favor! After all, Saku didn't want to join the mobsters, she wanted to find out who they were so that she could convince them to leave peacefully. That way there would be no bloodshed and it would be another town's problem.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Avi

Execution Votes

Saku: 1 (LadySky)
LadySky: 1 (Saku)

Not yet voted: Rhapsody, Tad, Marguerite, Eliza, Madalina, Aiden, MusicNeverDies, Greenthorn, Josietta

Rhapsody

After a lot of thought, and warmly congratulating the new mayor even though she'd voted for the other guy, Rhapsody considers the murmurings of her fellow citizens, then nods sadly and casts a vote for LadySky.  Apologies or not, she'd heard rumors that the piemaker had served some very suspicious pies today.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

LadySky

LadySky is shocked by the votes against her! Everyone knows I am simply a maker of pies, even if there happen to be beets in some of them today!  :P