News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Its always a Dungeon (D&D 3.5 seeker thread)

Started by who149, January 26, 2011, 07:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

QuoteI am working on a charater sheet and although I would be willing to do it, I got some pretty bad rolls. As I work off the honor system I wanted to ask if it would bbe alright to re roll my rolls if not i will use them.

They are: 14

Not very heroic but it would be a challenge

Hm. Pretty average. I believe you didn't cheat on it xD

And I guess a warlock is fine. They frighten me a bit though.

Nicci: Soon. I've got to see what exactly i'm working with.  And I've never ran a game Online before.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

urowen

A warlock can be scary, I geuss it depends on how they are played :) http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8091

Here is my character sheet. :)

LEHayes

Quote from: who149 on January 29, 2011, 07:49:50 AM
Alright. I actually find a lot of these races / classes a bit overpowered. Hm. Half Dragons are a bit overpowered in my opinion, and should only be used as monsters and NPC characters.  And I don't think a Tiefling is in 3.5. If you find one give me a link so I can look it over.

And Ulthal and Hallow both of you can join. But i'm taking only 6 max.  So its best to make your characters soon. For all classes not in the core Rule Book you have to link it so I may approve it though.

[url href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiefling"]Tiefling[/url] is the link you asked for, though I'm sure it's to powerful too.

ulthakptah

Quote from: urowen on February 02, 2011, 09:21:42 AM
A warlock can be scary, I geuss it depends on how they are played :) http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8091

Here is my character sheet. :)
Yeah, I played a warlock once in an in person game, and the DM said he had to prepare every encounter with me in mind trying to separate me from the rest of the party. I do have some questions about your warlock however. Why did you take an exotic weapon proficiency with a ranged weapon when you already have Eldrict Blast? Shouldn't you have at least one melee weapon in case something gets close to you? And why do you have a wand of knock, but no ranks in use magic device? If it matters I have knock as a Ki ability.

urowen

A lot of it was I played on the idea behind my character. He has th ext wpn for light repeating crossbow for the fact that if he doesn't want to deal potentially 18 pts of dmg to a monster. And i didn't have a melee because with a -1 to str mod dmg would be pointless. As for the wand w/o magic device, being it is a class skill I thought he could still use magic devices, (Unless I am thinking a different game or ed.) And with decieve device he can automatically take a 10 on the use device roll. I have the knock wand in case he is ever alone or stranded and needs to get out of a tight spot.

ulthakptah

Quote from: urowen on February 02, 2011, 11:35:49 AM
A lot of it was I played on the idea behind my character. He has th ext wpn for light repeating crossbow for the fact that if he doesn't want to deal potentially 18 pts of dmg to a monster. And i didn't have a melee because with a -1 to str mod dmg would be pointless. As for the wand w/o magic device, being it is a class skill I thought he could still use magic devices, (Unless I am thinking a different game or ed.) And with decieve device he can automatically take a 10 on the use device roll. I have the knock wand in case he is ever alone or stranded and needs to get out of a tight spot.
Attacking with a melee weapon would be pointless, but you still need one to be considered armed for making AoO. The point about the crossbow is you're using up a feat to do less damage. When you could just as easily use a light crossbow, sure reloading is a move action, so you couldn't do as much damage in one round as you would with the repeating crossbow, but neither will do as much as your Eldrict Blast. And you are thinking of a different game. You can't use use magic device with out at least one skill point in it, and even if you do just put one skill point in it, you need to make a DC of 20 to use a wand. Which means you have to roll a 17 or use up one of the charges. If you want to get your bonus up to 10 then stop that would be okay. Then the taking ten on the skill check would give you 20 and you could use wands without failure.

urowen

Thank you I will start looking into changing things around. It has been too long since I have played 3.5

ulthakptah

Quote from: urowen on February 02, 2011, 12:11:47 PM
Thank you I will start looking into changing things around. It has been too long since I have played 3.5
Hey, no problem. Something you might want to look into. There are more warlock invocations in Complete Mage, Dragon Magic, and Cityscape.

urowen

I knew about the complete mage ones, but I haven't been able to find a pdf for it, although I haven't tried searching the site i used to post the complete arcane to this forum.

who149

Alright. All looks good.. It may take a while for this game to start, because I have school and what not. I should have it set up before Monday Hopefully.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

ulthakptah

Quote from: Xiphon III on February 02, 2011, 03:54:22 PM
No rush, man. No rush.
Maybe for you, but some of us finished our characters a week ago.

Xiphon III

Sorry. I just prefer a good, fleshed out game, as opposed to a shallow, boring game, or one of he less well thought out modules. Quality over quantity is my motto. But hey, to each his own.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Xiphon III on February 02, 2011, 04:28:42 PM
Sorry. I just prefer a good, fleshed out game, as opposed to a shallow, boring game, or one of he less well thought out modules. Quality over quantity is my motto. But hey, to each his own.
I don't think quality verses quantity applies here. It's not like I'm asking him to start another game at the cost of the quality of this one. I just don't want to encourage any dilly dallying, because then posts start coming in slower, and slower until the game eventually dies. Which happens all to often in forum games.

HollowX

Hmmm, is it too late to present my character? I haven't had time to go and do one since last Friday really. College tests and work and such...

Xiphon III

Well, you do make a valid point, Ulth. I suppose the fact that he's currently DMing another game as well has colored my view. I suppose haste wouldn't make too much waste here, would it?

who149

Reasons why this might take a while

1) I'm currently working on a game with a couple friends at school
2) its the first time I have ever made a game over the internet. That and this may sound stupid, but I never got  a level 6 party.
3)I'm rather lazy xD
4) I'm trying to think of a plot/dungeon..
5) I need to make up about...6 classes, plus finish the classes I have now. So i'm really really really busy with school.. but I swear on Xiphons life that I will get this done!!

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

/rolls eyes.

Of course it's my life he swears on. Swear on Xandi. More people care about her.

who149

Ok. Post your characters sheets here for now.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97098.msg4217732#msg4217732

game is almost here. Still working on it a bit.

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Xiphon III

who149

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 14, 2011, 04:15:02 PM
So, is this game going to happen?

Tough question actually...
When I first started this, I had no idea that I was failing my classes as bad as I was. so It might not~ Ill send a PM when I have it done..and to see who still wants to do it.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

I'm always up, no need to even ask. And good luck on your classes, kid!