Let the 76th Hunger Games begin (Character Sheet up, topic updated)

Started by xxmaxinitxx, December 15, 2012, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

42ftw

Seems to be the usual deal. So what will the setting be? I would vote for ruins of cities with some forested areas seperating them.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

persephone325

I'm definitely interested. I'll try and put up a character tonight or tomorrow.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: persephone325 on December 25, 2012, 09:56:15 AM
I'm definitely interested. I'll try and put up a character tonight or tomorrow.
Okay. Thanks!

Quote from: 42ftw on December 23, 2012, 06:51:09 PM
Seems to be the usual deal. So what will the setting be? I would vote for ruins of cities with some forested areas seperating them.
I like this idea. I have been trying to put together some kind of city ruin land scape in my head. This is a good possibility for the arena.

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

persephone325

I'm working on my CS now, but Max you might want to bold the sentence in your opening post that you want the characters PM'ed to you. Cause I just about missed it and was going to post my character here. lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

xxmaxinitxx

Lol thanks Persephone. I just went and bolded it so it should be easier to see. I look forward to your character sheet.

Sansa, I already have most of the arena worked out. I have plenty of traps and such as well. I am thinking about working on a map that I can send to each tribute so they know where they are and what they have seen at this point. As for a starting point, I am thinking a little after the first of the year. With the holidays and everything I figure that now would be a bad time to start it. So I am gonna give everything a few days to die down, then I will start it.

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

persephone325

Would it be possible to see a sample character sheet? I'm having kind of an "empty brain" moment, and I can't think. lol I'm mostly hung up on the "Reaping" and "Interview" sections.
I don't know.

TheRaven

I'm not sure about posting my Interview section, since I don't know whether or not Max is going to have us RP those, but since the Reapings are televised and every Tribute gets a chance to see them before they've even arrived in the Capital, I'll go ahead and post up my Reaping section for you.

Reaping
Volunteer or Chosen: Volunteer
If volunteer, why: “Wine, women, and song." Allegedly.
Reaping outfit: An elegant, if somewhat minimalist, Capital-style suit in black and grey
If volunteer, introduction: “I’m not much of a speaker, so I won’t make a speech. Mom, Dad, Cass… I’ll see you soon.”
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

xxmaxinitxx

Thank you Raven! Yeah I would prefer not to post the interview part of your sheet as you guys will be role playing that out, but I will show an example of one for you.

Outfit Idea (optional): (This is usually going to be something based around your angle) A deep red strapless dress, encrusted with rubies and ending at the mid thigh. Leaving little to the imagination. It shows a fair amount of cleavage and has supporters built in to perk up and make her breasts look bigger.
Interview Quote (optional): "Who needs weapons to fight? I have sex"
Interview Angle (needed, Strong, Mysterious, This is how you will try to get your sponsers): Provocative and sexy, try to seduce the crowd and make them and the other tributes think she wouldn't be very good with hand to hand fighting or with a weapon. (When in reality she would be fairly good at it but is just trying to hide it.)

That would be one way to go about setting up the interview part of your sheet.

persephone325

I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

No need to apologize. I'll answer any you have ^_^

The career pack is the people that make up the main trained tributes. usually from districts 1, 2, and 4. They have trained all their lives to be in the games and usually volunteer to go in just for the fun of it. by mutal agreement, they stick together in a big group.

persephone325

I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

Roen

Hey, Dude, sorry it took me so long to get back to this :p
I have a couple of questions, I hope you're not too tired of answering to them:

1.  Do you have any links to reliable sources of information about the settings? I'm pretty embarrassed to say I only watched the movie and never even got to the book/s, and there is some lack of information. For instance, I was under the impression the rebels lost the war in the original story, so I don't get how this is an alternate reality.

2. You've talked about killing a bunch of characters on the start, what with the blood bath part, I'm assuming you were talking about NPCs? Since we are talking about a game where all except one are supposed to die out, wouldn't that mean a bunch of players will be locked out of the RP early on? Or how long a life span do you intend every player to have, since the goal is pretty much to kill any opponent that isn't from your pack on sight? That could mean an RP as short as an oneshot for a couple of us.

3. Is this going to be a big-group game? Just curious, cause if so- might want to find a system that would prolong the life span of the different characters (see section 2), by using ideas other people suggested earlier, awarding points and gifts from sponsors for imprisonment of others or abusing an opponent to create a truly mouth watering spectacle for the viewers :p

I'm currently working on my CS, don't start without me! XD

Ro

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

TheRaven

If you're not planning on reading the books, let me go ahead and spoil for you that Katniss and Co. bring up another rebellion. It succeeds and deposes Snow, thus making this particular game, where the 76th Games are taking place on schedule and without any pesky rebels running about underfoot and ruining the Capital's fun, an AU game. As for links, allow me to give you this lovely little link. It's got enough information on the setting to keep you covered.  ;D

To the second point, yeah. Max has discussed having upwards of 12 NPCs that will die within the first 24 hours of in-game time, at the Blood Bath or at the hands of the Career Pack while they thin the herd a little bit.

As for the third point, you'll have to wait for Max to get that one. I figured I'd just knock these two out for you.
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

xxmaxinitxx

Thanks Raven! As to your 3rd point. I do plan on having a sponsor type system. Maybe giving people points for their own tributes. We'll have to see how it works. I plan on killing off 12 withen the first 24 hours. And then I'll have a few other NPC's running around to keep the game going for a while. 

persephone325

I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

Lol no. You guys will last a couple of days. Though if this game works. I may make a second one that goes on for much longer. I read a fan fic that had a very detailed world. It would keep the game going quite a while. I just don't feel like making something that indepth with out knowing how this game works.

persephone325

Well if you ever decide to do a longer one, I'd definitely be on board. :D
I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

42ftw

So, what districts are full and what are those that aren't missing?

Vladimir valentine

TheRaven

Check out the first page, there's a list of Districts and currently claimed competitors.  8-)