News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Printer Issue - Resolved, for now

Started by Jag, July 11, 2010, 12:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

HP Deskjet D1420
Computer type: Desktop

Issue:

The printer works, but not in the way I want it to. My report must be printed out with 1 inch margins all around, yet the damn printer will only do Left and Right for 1 inch and the top and bottom are left as .25...I need 1 inch margins all the way around.

I read through nearly the whole manual for the stupid thing and it says nothing about margins or how to change them. My Office program says that I have it all set to 1 inch, but it's not printing in 1 inch.

I called HP and they won't even talk to me because the printer is too old and no one in the house knows who bought it and the stupid registration number is worn off because of where my brother in law keeps the printer.

So yeah...help...please. My instructor does mark off for it not being 1 inch margins. I know it's not the MS program being wrong and I know there has to be a way to change the printer settings, I just can't figure it out.

~Michi
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Caeli

Most printer dialogues should have a window that pops up with something like "advanced options" or "properties" that allows you to change the print margins. Since I don't know what your windows look like, I can only suggest that you look for one of those buttons and find the margin settings there.

I would try converting your document to a PDF format and attempt printing it like that. From what it sounds like, everything should be printing properly, though. :/

I don't know why it's not printing that way, but maybe only try inserting one page at a time as you print? I'm not sure if that will help (it doesn't sound like that's your problem).

If you find that you're wasting too much time, I really suggest simply printing your document elsewhere and saving yourself the headache.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Soran

Hi Michi, what program is your report created in?

Jag

Thank you both for trying to help. I'm not sure how or why, but it's working normal now. I left it alone for a few days and tried it again and it's working fine...damn printer hates me...
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment