To-do list, take II

Started by Vekseid, March 09, 2009, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

2: Polish up the dicebot, use CSS and make it pretty, perhaps add new functionality.
3: See about fixing the signatures, other Display messiness. Is getting annoying (partially done) : /
4: Get an animated smiley set - may just add Kolobok's unless someone has a better suggestion?
8: Expand the BBCode to be more flexible. Partially done.
9: Customize the shoutbox a bit. Link membernames and make the roller a bit better, look into multiple shoutboxes and possibly create a help bot out of the chatbot. This is probably in the 'ongoing project' category but some of that is simple (already wrote a good roll parser, etc).

Last: Rebuild arcade

1: Come up with superior organization and incentives to comment in the blogs. I want to get them going again. Comments and suggestions welcome
5: Move the images in Drupal's gallery ('Main' page area) to MediaWiki (anyone can do this) -Bliss
6: Get the rest of the blogs from the main area copied into the blogs forum. This involves pestering the people with blogs there. So far Happy, Marg, and Bishrook have all copied their blogs over. Thank you everyone.
7: Create something to replace Drupal completely for the /rules, etc. pages. Bonus if it doesn't touch the database and also covers for the database backup when it's in progress.

This, unless there is something really, well and truly pressing, is the 'last' list. I'll explain my future plans in another thread.

Hunter

You forgot:

Eliminate hunger and World peace.   XD

Valerian

Will there be an option to avoid any animated smilies completely?  It's easy not to use them, but if I'm going to have a row of little jumping faces above the post box, I may never be able to type a coherent post again.  You know, as coherent as I can ever get them, anyway.

I know there's the escape key option to freeze the little moving things, which is fine at work, but at home I use Chrome, and while it's an excellent browser in other ways, it doesn't yet have that feature available on it.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Vekseid

Quote from: Valerian on March 09, 2009, 09:52:24 AM
Will there be an option to avoid any animated smilies completely?  It's easy not to use them, but if I'm going to have a row of little jumping faces above the post box, I may never be able to type a coherent post again.  You know, as coherent as I can ever get them, anyway.

I know there's the escape key option to freeze the little moving things, which is fine at work, but at home I use Chrome, and while it's an excellent browser in other ways, it doesn't yet have that feature available on it.

They won't show up in the main posting box. If you have smilies enabled nothing other than the current set will show.

cattycutie

Very good. Seems to be in order.
*Congratulatory pat on the back for Veks*

Well done, love :D :P
Beth's kinks

Hold me, I'm a fermata!

Maeven

It's minor, but the issue with PM's I mentioned. It seems to only be affecting Firefox users and it happens on my home and work computer. 

Quote from: Amberghylles on March 03, 2009, 10:58:24 AM
So, I'm running Firefox under Windows XP.
Whenever I load a page and it pops up the "you have a new PM, open it in a new window" box it opens the PM screen like it always has.
But when I go back to the old window, it's blank until I refresh it.
Not a big thing, but it's been consistent since the server move so I figured I'd mention it.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Vekseid

I can't seem to replicate that properly : /

Maeven

Hmmm.

I don't know how to help you there. I'll clear everything out and see if it still does it next time I get a PM. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Caeli

That happens to me occasionally, but sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't.  :-\
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Dawg

I have not seen it happen and I use Firefox 3.0.7

On a separate note, have you ever considered spoiler tags for BBCODE?  I can get you my code for both the tags (which do require some css for the theme and/or the spoilerbutton tag).  Let me know if you want to see that or if you already have something and have just not implemented them before.

Excellent for hidden plot points in games.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Dawg

Just happened to me, so it is random (Firefox 3.0.7)

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Dawg

Just happened again, I PMd Vekseid a copy of the code from the blank page, I hope that helps.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Desan

OOPS, found it XD
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Hunter on March 09, 2009, 09:24:25 AM
You forgot:

Eliminate hunger and World peace.   XD

....actually, World Peace has already been eliminated, so Vekseid is good there.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Haibane

Is the smiley set we have now the final one? It's rather.... uninspiring...

I'm sure there must be loads of smiley sets around? The one on the old server was fine.

Greenthorn

Is it possible to have the smileys and the heart thing :favorite: integrated into the SB so we can just click on them to use them there?

Caeli

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 11, 2009, 05:42:45 AM
Is it possible to have the smileys and the heart thing :favorite: integrated into the SB so we can just click on them to use them there?

Or have a pop-up list where we can access / see the codes for them?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on March 10, 2009, 11:15:39 PM
Want people to comment on the blogs?  I haven't seen any comments there, so I wouldn't know if you have this setting on or off... but if you allow links on user names posted to the blog, and you turn off automatic insertion of norel, you might have people making comments purely for SEO purposes.  So long as you screen out spam comments well, that would get the ball rolling, and encourage other comments.

The main problem with this is that being linked to from an adult site can actually -lower- your ranking in some search engines, due to being considered to be in a 'bad neighborhood' of sites.  Still, it's one way to -potentially- encourage blog comments.

Automatic insertion of norel?

Elliquiy.com is PR2 (so far), so we're not 'bad neighborhood', but still.

Cecilia

I am still missing the "reply all" feature on my PMs...

Vekseid

Quote from: Cecilia on March 11, 2009, 09:24:47 PM
I am still missing the "reply all" feature on my PMs...

I can't seem to replicate it? It should only be present if it's been sent 'to' (not bcced) multiple people.

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

I don't think I'm particularly worried about the people writing articles, as such : )

Cecilia

Quote from: Vekseid on March 11, 2009, 10:07:03 PM
I can't seem to replicate it? It should only be present if it's been sent 'to' (not bcced) multiple people.

Yeah...i think they must have been BCCd, even though it was a group discussion.  Sorry!

Valerian

This is still happening:
Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 08:43:34 PM
Speaking of the newly replied to threads, is anyone else having problems with the new link not actually bringing them to the new posts?  I always end up having to scroll down to get to the ones I haven't read, and that never used to happen.  It may just be me, but that happens both at work and at home, which means it happens on two different operating systems (XP and Vista) as well as two different browsers (IE and Chrome).
I know it's nitpicky, but it's annoying... and maybe it is only happening to me.  If so, is there some sort of workaround?  Something?  Help?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Vekseid

Not sure... I'd have to look into how it works. Is it broken for you in Firefox?