News:

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

The thing that I've found most irritating is the geography, and how they've made it deliberately annoying. Having every map be completely flat with no features would be dull but it's like they've gone out of thier way to may everything a long way from everywhere else, case in point. There's one of the many easy pick up quests in the Glades, look at the map and the quest marker is south east of the camp, but it's on the other side of the river and the only viable crossing is north east of the camp. Which wouldn't be too bad but to get to the north east river crossing you have to the west of the camp   >:(
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Inkidu

I'm never going to be finished with the Goddamned Hinterlands. There's still the farmstead map, the regions, the landmarks, and probably some quarries and logging stand BS.

You. Can. Never. Leave. 0__o
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Inkidu on November 28, 2014, 09:12:41 AM
I'm never going to be finished with the Goddamned Hinterlands. There's still the farmstead map, the regions, the landmarks, and probably some quarries and logging stand BS.

You. Can. Never. Leave. 0__o

I just go back to tinker around between major quests.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Inkidu

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 28, 2014, 09:26:49 AM
I just go back to tinker around between major quests.
That's the way you've got to do it, but I figured I'd be able to wrap up some things, but there's a multi-ton flying, fire-breathing reptile who throws its babies at me like weapons really hampering my exploration of the north-eastern point. So I just do the other quests and head back to the Storm Coast to do those red lyrium bashing.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Inkidu on November 28, 2014, 09:34:16 AM
That's the way you've got to do it, but I figured I'd be able to wrap up some things, but there's a multi-ton flying, fire-breathing reptile who throws its babies at me like weapons really hampering my exploration of the north-eastern point. So I just do the other quests and head back to the Storm Coast to do those red lyrium bashing.

I'm only level 8 thinking about taking on the dragon soon. But I hear you should be around 11 or higher.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Inkidu

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 28, 2014, 09:37:46 AM
I'm only level 8 thinking about taking on the dragon soon. But I hear you should be around 11 or higher.
I'm 12 thereabouts using two fighters (my character and another) a rogue and a mage and honestly it's the babies it keeps crying for.  It gets that ability about halfway through the fight and they generally chew through all the squishies while I'm trying to keep the big gal from making mincemeat of them. :P

It's very frustrating, but I'll come back at some point over-leveled. >:3

Hemingway

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 28, 2014, 09:37:46 AM

I did it at ~16 and still struggled. Well, perhaps not 'struggled', but it weren't no pushover, either. I hear it really depends on what classes you're using, though. I ran two warriors ( tanks - probably a mistake ), and two mages ( Solas for barriers, myself for massive frost damage ). I read some people saying they'd done it at 9 or so, even. It's doable. Rewards are actually good, too - for the most part. I was actually surprised; the loot apparently isn't leveled to the dragon's level. I found level 20 stuff on the Frostback, so .. yeah, it was worth doing.

It decided to land in an enemy camp and pick a fight with them while I was fighting it, though. That was nice.

Dragonlings my mage can more or less one shot ( frost mage, woo! ), so those weren't an issue.

EDIT: Now, here's a question.

I love my current character. I've come to really appreciate her. Bioware did a great job of making my character feel like she's grown into the role.

But I want to try something else. I'm quite close to the end, and I was gonna wait ... but I don't know. To make a new character now, or to finish first. Hmm.

Inkidu

Finish first. Close the docket so you can focus on the new character.

My next one's going to be female qunari mage or rogue.

Nikolaus

My Character is, well, an Oddity. Qunari Rogue with a Bow. I rather enjoy the annoyances of the geography and having to travel and all that to get to where you need to go. As far as the leveled areas of 12 compared to my level at the time, I had a little bit of difficulty where that stood, but I adjusted, reorganized what skills I focused on using and the group I brought with me. Level 7s going up against level 12s and opened up a can of whoop-ass. Two Tanks, a Mage and myself. Makes for great work.

As for online play, I enjoy that quite a bit. The only problem I have with that though, is the glitching camera rotation. Becomes a pain in the ass.

Hemingway

Well, I'm happy to say I was wrong to worry about the ending being too abrupt. I am close to the end of the main story, yes - but it doesn't end in the way I worried it would. I mean, it might still, but as far as I can tell ( I peeked at the number of main story quests ;) - avoiding actual spoilers, of course ) the ending is ... well - it looks promising.

I'm still slightly disappointed in the ratio of story to filler content ( and I still have no idea what the reviewer who claimed there was 'no side / main quest separation' was smoking ), but at least the main story missions have been good. Like, really good. I'm impressed, actually. I do have one small complaint, though ( spoilers for one of the last main story quests ):

What Pride has Wrought spoilers
Ancient elves? REALLY? And they look and behave exactly like the most typical ancient elves ever? Remarkably similar to the ancient elves of the Elder Scrolls? Come on. Getting to know more about the story of the elves is great, and a lot of it was really good. We always knew the Dalish represented a bastardized version of ancient elven culture, but actually finding the evidence was really interesting.

Still. Ancient, hibernating elves. When you're trying to write in some sort of major twist, at least try to make it slightly less clichéd, okay? Okay!

I'm happy, though. I'm also happy to say again that I'm looking forward to playing through the game again. I doubt I'll do two complete playthroughs back-to-back, but eventually I will. I'll just have to be careful to avoid going with exactly the same character ( I do love and adore my Elven Rift Mage who hooked up with Sera, but . . . ), as I end up doing in so many Bioware games ( I can't count the times I played a Paragon Shepard and picked Tali, or played a Hawke who can't stay serious in any situation ).

My plan for my next character: Human Reaver. If only female humans didn't look so ... yeah, their options aren't all that good. But I want a character to get in Cullen's pants. Cullen is adorable.

Inkidu

Generally I have trouble playing anything but a human. :P

Though I'm thinking my next one will be either female qunari mage or male elf rogue or mage. 

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 28, 2014, 08:47:09 PM
Generally I have trouble playing anything but a human. :P

Though I'm thinking my next one will be either female qunari mage or male elf rogue or mage.

I generally have trouble playing non-human non-warriors.

Inquisition forced my hand because of the controls. I'm glad it did, though. I really like my elf mage. She's incredible in combat, too. I mean, Sera, after I gave her two unique daggers with insane damage, can tear things apart more or less instantly. My Inquisitor is slightly slower, but she tends to melt 3 - 5 guys at the same time. It's insane. Pull of the Abyss sucks things in and weakens them ( and increases you damage, by way of passive skills ). What comes next depends, but against heavily armored targets vulnerable to lightning, Static Cage followed by Chain Lightning absolutely wrecks face. The cage keeps them in place, and zaps them whenever I deal damage to them. The Chain Lightning, well ... Yeah, after a combo like that, there usually isn't much left of my enemies.

Inkidu

I also flat out cannot play a dwarf. I just can't do it. I did play a  couple of female dwarf wardens, because the female dwarves are kind of attractive. That might just be my omni-love of all things ladies.

We all can't be Varric! D:

Lady Lunarius

I'm having a blast with the game now that I've gotten the font size on my 360 to be a little bigger and more clear! Probably gonna start it completely over, because I'm one of those people that looooove to read the codex, and do every little quest I can between the big quests.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 29, 2014, 07:05:52 AM
I'm having a blast with the game now that I've gotten the font size on my 360 to be a little bigger and more clear! Probably gonna start it completely over, because I'm one of those people that looooove to read the codex, and do every little quest I can between the big quests.

How?
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Kiric Rand on November 29, 2014, 07:12:55 AM
How?

We replaced our HDMI cord and set it to 720p then I adjusted the screen in game
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Inkidu

Actually kind of liking the somberness of the Exalted Plains.

I'm bummed because there's all this red lyrium in the Storm Coast, but I haven't figured out how to open the Taig door to the cave. I'm assuming it's some kind of table operation.

mia h

Quote from: Inkidu on November 29, 2014, 09:53:02 AM
Actually kind of liking the somberness of the Exalted Planes.

I'm bummed because there's all this red lyrium in the Storm Coast, but I haven't figured out how to open the Taig door to the cave. I'm assuming it's some kind of table operation.

That door is a bit of a pain and you can't open it directly. I don't remember which sub-quest it is but one of them opens a new area on the Storm Coast, until then everything beyond that door is off limits.

mia h

If\when you go dragon hunting remember to pack Vivienne and use her to take out the flying lizard. Spirit Blade + Time Distortion = Happy Iron Bull

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: mia h on November 29, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
If\when you go dragon hunting remember to pack Vivienne and use her to take out the flying lizard. Spirit Blade + Time Distortion = Happy Iron Bull

Iron Bull, Cassandra, and Vivienne are my go to teammembers. We kick ass take names and I get to be as sneaky as I'd like.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Inkidu

Maybe I just haven't played enough with Iron Bull, but I was expecting something a lot funnier when he showed up and I was unimpressed, so unless I have to take him along he sits at HQ. :P

Yeppers, I am the only DA:I player who doesn't like Iron B. :P

mia h

Quote from: Inkidu on November 29, 2014, 04:07:42 PM
Maybe I just haven't played enough with Iron Bull, but I was expecting something a lot funnier when he showed up and I was unimpressed, so unless I have to take him along he sits at HQ. :P

Yeppers, I am the only DA:I player who doesn't like Iron B. :P
Iron Bull and Viv (sorry Ma'am) have some nice banter, so Bull & Varric.
Also gotta love Bull basically calling Blackwall a wanker  ;D

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: mia h on November 29, 2014, 04:54:03 PM
Iron Bull and Viv (sorry Ma'am) have some nice banter, so Bull & Varric.
Also gotta love Bull basically calling Blackwall a wanker  ;D

The Bull romance with male Herald is awesome and makes me giggle:

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Inkidu

Gotta love modern gaming. >__<#

Get a quest to promote Barris, all I have to do is go to the throne and promote him, guess what? No trigger marker, no quest icon, no nothin'. :P

Falanor

You have to have a person to pass judgement on first. Then the first thing that happens is the promoting of Barris and you move on to other courtly matters.