Show New Replies To Your Posts

Started by Greenthorn, September 28, 2010, 07:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

I am sure that it has been asked, but is there any way to remove items from show new replies to your posts? I still have all of those silly forum games showing up and it's such a time waster for me to scroll through them to find posts I care about.

I believe I have already added the socilization and forum games to my ignore list, so obviously this is not the antidote.

Kip

Hey Green,

Unfortunately there's no way to remove those threads from showing up - I know it's a functionality that there is interest in implementing in the future but nothing as yet.

The only thing I can suggest is bookmarks but I know that may not solve the issue.....

Nice to see yeh round!  ;D

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

HockeyGod

Adding them to your ignore list only affects the "Show unread posts since last visit" function. My OCD took over one day and I created this: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=65965.0

It lists all the ways (outside of using browser bookmarks/favorites) to keep track of things ;)

Haibane

Useful post there alxnjsh, thanks.

Your last line:

QuoteNote: If you click the "Mark all messages as read" button, in any part of the site, it will mark ALL messages as read.

Might be clearer if it read:

"Note: If you click the "Mark all messages as read" button, in any part of the site, it will mark ALL messages as read in that section of the forum."

Greenthorn

Quote from: Kip on September 28, 2010, 07:50:14 AM
Hey Green,

Unfortunately there's no way to remove those threads from showing up - I know it's a functionality that there is interest in implementing in the future but nothing as yet.

The only thing I can suggest is bookmarks but I know that may not solve the issue.....

Nice to see yeh round!  ;D

Thank you, darling. Figured I'd ask!  ;D

Oniya

One thing I do often is hit the Games forum and mark it all read, before I even go to my 'show new replies' screen.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Greenthorn

Quote from: Oniya on September 28, 2010, 07:36:11 PM
One thing I do often is hit the Games forum and mark it all read, before I even go to my 'show new replies' screen.

Great idea, I had not thought of that! Thanks Oniya <3

jouzinka

I have all the game threads on ignore list - saves me time clicking. ;) My game threads are bookmarked and if they weren't, they'd still show up in Unread Replies to your Posts.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Oniya

Yeah, the 'problem' is when you have a moment of weakness and post in one of the silly forum games.  It follows you forever and clutters up the 'show unread replies' page.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Greenthorn

Quote from: jouzinka on September 29, 2010, 06:58:20 AM
I have all the game threads on ignore list - saves me time clicking. ;) My game threads are bookmarked and if they weren't, they'd still show up in Unread Replies to your Posts.

Yeah I have the games thread on ignore also, but alas, they keep coming up  :-(

Oreo

That is a GREAT idea, thanks.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin