Vampire the Masquerade Mafia [Game Thread] [Day Phase 4]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 21, 2016, 12:19:48 PM
I'm going to vote for Rel.

It's not that she hasn't been on Elliquiy and she's quiet. Maybe she's keeping quiet on purpose (because lynching or a shadier reason) or maybe she's not as involved with the game.

I have to admit, I have been a quiet lurker.

But that's only because I'm trying to get my facts straight. I'll also be voting for Andy because his actions are making him highly suspicious.

theLeslie

How exactly have I been quiet? o.o;  I've made many posts for someone who's been working. =P

Intimate Ink

Hmm.  Since people tend to be leaning towards AndyZ, I feel I should offer my perspective on the matter:  AndyZ has been a bit too suspicious in my opinion.  He's clearly the obvious choice; so obvious I've really had to stop myself and try to read and re-read what he's said.  I welcome him to contradict me if I am wrong, but I think he's simply very, very, set on someone being lynched today.  That's based in his belief that someone is always better than no one -- a sentiment I don't always share, admittedly. 

While not the wisest move in my own opinion, his way of trying to ensure that was to throw shade at everyone hoping something would stick.  He wanted someone lynched today, and that looks super shady shade.  At the end of the day I think that's perhaps somewhat poorly expressed enthusiasm, though.  I do fear that in the future it's compromised my ability to know if any cries of wolf he will makes are genuine or not, which is sad because we need all the detectives opinion's we can get... but sabbat?  No, he is painting his own target way too quickly and efficiently for that.   Mirroring other sentiments on here:  I do have to keep checking to make sure we don't have a Tanner in our midst that I missed among the role call!

I do think he has a point that some of the overly-quiet ones could use a bit of scrutiny.  In that aspect I'll admit I'm a bit distressed by what Christa has recently said.   

Quote from: Christa
I know I've been quiet, but I've been a little unsure of what to say. I am Camarilla, but I feel like I should be careful of how much information I give out.

My first instinct when seeing something like that is to not only skip over her in my deliberation, but vocally plea that whoever our body guard is to watch her, because I have to think that 'how much information to give out' alludes to a special role.  The fact it's only come out once the 'quiet ones' are in the cross-hairs is slightly suspicious, though, but very understandable.  At the same time: it seems a great way to keep the heat off of you if you are working to destroy us from within.

If she is not Sabbat, since she has more or less announced to them already that she is a preferred target, I would implore her to please be a bit more specific in her special role.  If no one else comes forward with that special role than we can be a bit more confident that she is to be trusted and protected as we can.  Contrary to Andy, I'm usually very against the sharing of special roles at this point in the game since it does make you vulnerable... on the other hand, I feel the damage has already been done in that regard, due to her aforementioned statement.

So.. right now, since she is not more forthcoming I feel I must  cast my vote for Christa since it sounds like a perfect way to get the good Camarilla to protect her even as she twists a knife in their back.  If she chooses to be a bit more forthcoming on who she is, provided she does not have a challenger to that role, my vote for her should be considered instantly withdrawn.

Clio

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 21, 2016, 01:22:27 PM
Hmm.  Since people tend to be leaning towards AndyZ, I feel I should offer my perspective on the matter:  AndyZ has been a bit too suspicious in my opinion.  He's clearly the obvious choice; so obvious I've really had to stop myself and try to read and re-read what he's said.  I welcome him to contradict me if I am wrong, but I think he's simply very, very, set on someone being lynched today.  That's based in his belief that someone is always better than no one -- a sentiment I don't always share, admittedly. 

While not the wisest move in my own opinion, his way of trying to ensure that was to throw shade at everyone hoping something would stick.  He wanted someone lynched today, and that looks super shady shade.  At the end of the day I think that's perhaps somewhat poorly expressed enthusiasm, though.  I do fear that in the future it's compromised my ability to know if any cries of wolf he will makes are genuine or not, which is sad because we need all the detectives opinion's we can get... but sabbat?  No, he is painting his own target way too quickly and efficiently for that.   Mirroring other sentiments on here:  I do have to keep checking to make sure we don't have a Tanner in our midst that I missed among the role call!

I do think he has a point that some of the overly-quiet ones could use a bit of scrutiny.  In that aspect I'll admit I'm a bit distressed by what Christa has recently said.   

My first instinct when seeing something like that is to not only skip over her in my deliberation, but vocally plea that whoever our body guard is to watch her, because I have to think that 'how much information to give out' alludes to a special role.  The fact it's only come out once the 'quiet ones' are in the cross-hairs is slightly suspicious, though, but very understandable.  At the same time: it seems a great way to keep the heat off of you if you are working to destroy us from within.

If she is not Sabbat, since she has more or less announced to them already that she is a preferred target, I would implore her to please be a bit more specific in her special role.  If no one else comes forward with that special role than we can be a bit more confident that she is to be trusted and protected as we can.  Contrary to Andy, I'm usually very against the sharing of special roles at this point in the game since it does make you vulnerable... on the other hand, I feel the damage has already been done in that regard, due to her aforementioned statement.

So.. right now, since she is not more forthcoming I feel I must  cast my vote for Christa since it sounds like a perfect way to get the good Camarilla to protect her even as she twists a knife in their back.  If she chooses to be a bit more forthcoming on who she is, provided she does not have a challenger to that role, my vote for her should be considered instantly withdrawn.

Lol. And one of my first posts gets me a vote. Haha. This is another reason I was being quiet, but I guess that's over and done with. I just meant that I don't know if it's really a good idea to give out our roles or not. I feel like if I do, that's a big mistake. I'm really unsure of how to proceed at this point.

I've played Mafia in RL, but this is the first time in a forum, so this is quite confusing to me. Sorry.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Remiel

SunshineSparkle wanted Madame Professor for Sheriff, the Sabbat took her out,  I pointed this out, and now Madame Professor wants me gone?  Very interesting...

Geeklet

I'm sticking with my gut and voting for Remiel.

Even though Andy is being super shady, right now I don't think its coming from an intent to deceive, as it is simple confusion.

theLeslie

I am still suspicious of Guy.  Am I the only one?  Someone tell me why I shouldn't be, he said we should lynch people without any knowledge.  I mean, if you're just rolling the dice and hoping for the best, you're most likely going to kill a cam member.

AmberStarfire

If he's reading the posts in the threads, then he has some knowledge because you can't really read them and not gain any. TBH I was thinking earlier during the debate 'this is frustrating. Maybe I'll vote to lynch one of them...' but I aimed for a logical choice instead (from my perspective). Maybe his choice to lynch someone without knowledge isn't really all that lacking in knowledge. Just lacking in certainty?

Mintprincess

Quote from: theLeslie on May 21, 2016, 12:48:20 PM
How exactly have I been quiet? o.o;  I've made many posts for someone who's been working. =P

Well I will clarify that I didn't vote for you because you were quiet.  I voted for you because 1. you threw away your sheriff vote and 2. None of your posts including this one have actually been very helpful.  More they've seemed like a distraction.   Maybe if you clarified a bit where you stand right now and why you voted the way you did for sheriff I can be convinced to change. I would have liked more feedback on my comments, but the deadline came up and no one had responded, so I needed to toss down a vote.

Quote from: theLeslie on May 21, 2016, 03:08:35 PM
I am still suspicious of Guy.  Am I the only one?  Someone tell me why I shouldn't be, he said we should lynch people without any knowledge.  I mean, if you're just rolling the dice and hoping for the best, you're most likely going to kill a cam member.

Most people aren't suspicious of him because he claimed a role and no one else came out to dispute him as of yet.   As far as the lynching with no information, that's an opinion a number of people have held and have done so in past games no matter what side they are on.  I can agree to disagree, but because I -know- their habits and patterns, I can't say that lends them to being suspicious because they have held the same stance in the past. 

It's also shade that I said hours ago we're past the deadline but you still haven't voted, as though you're waiting to see just what everyone does before making a decision.   SHADY.

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 21, 2016, 01:22:27 PM

I see the merit in going after the quiet ones.  I really do.   That being said, of the two Andy mentioned, Rel is a lot more experienced at forum games than Christa is, and this is her first mafia. I can get behind the newb excuse for Christa for a short time. I really feel it's in our best interest to NOT lynch her.  That being said, I'm not sure right now I want to vote for Rel, even though Amber's reasoning that she isn't being active thus isn't helping either way holds some merit. 

Quote from: Christa on May 21, 2016, 01:34:23 PM
Lol. And one of my first posts gets me a vote. Haha. This is another reason I was being quiet, but I guess that's over and done with. I just meant that I don't know if it's really a good idea to give out our roles or not. I feel like if I do, that's a big mistake. I'm really unsure of how to proceed at this point.

I've played Mafia in RL, but this is the first time in a forum, so this is quite confusing to me. Sorry.

I would not hand out your role, especially not in public.   At this stage of the game, it's better to start assessing people for their honesty, looking at their voting patterns, watching who votes for who.   While Guy did hand out his, he isn't a risky threat to sabbat, assuming he's telling the truth. He can't provide information or hurt them in any way. He's actually more of a help to them.   A third of the players are also Caitiff, meaning that anyone claiming Caitiff can't really be verified.   I most definitely don't agree with Andy's assessment about claiming roles and only would if it was totally necessary (IE: last game Remi was on the chopping block and revealed his role. We changed our votes to save him and lynch someone else. He would have died anyway, so at that point it was a good move.) 

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 21, 2016, 10:45:26 AM
At this moment, my vote is to Remiel. Guy's post pretty much lines up with my thoughts. Voting nobody day when, even though he knows it only favors the Sabbat and then his reasoning for me... his tactics this game have just been suspicious.

You of all people know that Remi is too good of a player to just come out and look shady shade.   I'm dead sure Remi has voted nobody in the past on the first round for the exact same reasons I did - that the odds aren't in our favor on the first day without ANY information.   Now, at the very least, we do have some information.  Someone saw something last night, and we have two more days of discussion.    Yes, his reason for you (You're always bad) is poor and shouldn't be used.  So I won't be using it, but I still don't see throwing this much against Remi so quickly. 

I would vote Andy over Remi, mostly because I feel Andy's erratic voting could send the wrong person to the block, or start a trend towards one direction when we need to go another, given that often people start to vote along the lines of others.   (In fact, I think Andy is experiencing this right now), and I don't think he's a special role. He claimed Caitiff, so he's either a Caitiff or a Sabbat playing poorly.  I lean to first, but already he's lost a lot of trust and could be dangerous. 

However, I really don't think we should vote for Remiel, and knowing that our sheriff would pick him in a tie means really REALLY thinking over voting for him.     

Quick Summary since Blythe is busy:

Andy - 3 (Rel, Christa, Yugi)
Leslie - 1 (Mint)
Madame P - 2 (Remy and Andy... I think that was his last official vote)
Rel - 1 (Amber)
Christa - 1 (Ink)
Remiel - 2 (MP and Geeklet)

Voted: 10
Missing: Guy, Leslie, Seranova, Persephone

Geeklet

I'm not entirely sold on Remi, but right now, I don't really see a better option, especially given the current votes. Unless one of the other one-offs gets another vote, the only leading candidates besides Remi are Andy and MP, and I don't really feel like either of them are worth eliminating right now, for different reasons.

theLeslie

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 21, 2016, 04:09:06 PM
Well I will clarify that I didn't vote for you because you were quiet.  I voted for you because 1. you threw away your sheriff vote and 2. None of your posts including this one have actually been very helpful.  More they've seemed like a distraction.   Maybe if you clarified a bit where you stand right now and why you voted the way you did for sheriff I can be convinced to change. I would have liked more feedback on my comments, but the deadline came up and no one had responded, so I needed to toss down a vote.

Most people aren't suspicious of him because he claimed a role and no one else came out to dispute him as of yet.   As far as the lynching with no information, that's an opinion a number of people have held and have done so in past games no matter what side they are on.  I can agree to disagree, but because I -know- their habits and patterns, I can't say that lends them to being suspicious because they have held the same stance in the past. 

It's also shade that I said hours ago we're past the deadline but you still haven't voted, as though you're waiting to see just what everyone does before making a decision.   SHADY.

Well, I've tried to be active, I'm just still kinda lost.  I was expecting there to be more roles revealed by other players like in the werewolf game, but that's not happening here.  And it's compounded by me not having anything to do, no role powers just kinda worthless lil caitiff. >.<  I don't like the idea of making a solid judgement without at least something I can pretend is facts, so I just kinda have to go off what other people are saying, and everyone is pretty much just throwing speculation around.  Speculation isn't good, and the idea of voting at random displeases me.. so.. yeah, no idea how to vote.

I need someone to start saying they're the seer, and telling people what other people's roles are.

theLeslie

I am going to abstain from voting this round.  If that is permissible.

Mintprincess

Quote from: theLeslie on May 21, 2016, 05:31:10 PM
You don't abstain. You vote for nobody as your vote.   And it is, but at this point, if we don't start eliminating someone, even if we learn information we really do start handing the ratio over to the sabbat. 

QuoteI need someone to start saying they're the seer, and telling people what other people's roles are.

No one is going to claim this role publicly.  I wouldn't! It puts you at way too much of a risk for the sabbat to take you out the next night unless the bodyguard protects you, and at this point we don't know what Sunshine was.    I feel like you're playing the newbie card again, even though you played that every round of werewolf too.  I feel like you know this game better than you're letting on. 

Quote from: Geeklet on May 21, 2016, 04:15:26 PM
I'm not entirely sold on Remi, but right now, I don't really see a better option, especially given the current votes. Unless one of the other one-offs gets another vote, the only leading candidates besides Remi are Andy and MP, and I don't really feel like either of them are worth eliminating right now, for different reasons.

Remi only has one more vote (yours) over everyone else.   In theory, you're saying you're more sold on Remi than anyone else right now.   I'm not opposed to changing my vote, even though I think Leslie has been more shady than Remi, but I feel like I need more of a reason than he voted you for sheriff and he ....?   I He backed Andy, but other people have too and they haven't been called out.     I know we don't have strong reasons for anyone (short of a seer trying to push someone because they scried someone out without giving themselves away this early), but it's just a feeling.   

AmberStarfire

I can't see how it would make much difference voting nobody or not. If the majority vote for somebody, then that person is lynched, so it makes no odds really?

Mintprincess

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 21, 2016, 05:49:23 PM
I can't see how it would make much difference voting nobody or not. If the majority vote for somebody, then that person is lynched, so it makes no odds really?

Yeah it's the majority, but I think voting is required? 

Seranova

Quote from: Remiel on May 21, 2016, 01:46:04 PM
SunshineSparkle wanted Madame Professor for Sheriff, the Sabbat took her out,  I pointed this out, and now Madame Professor wants me gone?  Very interesting...

I'm not following this logic. Sparkle didn't know if MP was good or bad. If MP was sabbat, then why would the Sabbat specifically target Sparkle for trying to get MP as sheriff? And why then does that lead to MP being suspect for not trusting you?

At the moment, I have to go with Andy. The spray and pray style of accusations and vote-switching just seems to be an effort to confuse the camarilla.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Geeklet

I just want to point out that there are a fair number of people saying Andy is a bit too obvious, and probably a bit more confused than evil, and yet there is a growing number of people looking to get him, piling on the votes, where as no one else is getting targeted as much. Sabbat cooperation perhaps?

Blythe

Quote from: theLeslie on May 21, 2016, 05:31:10 PM

Voting itself is required, but you are allowed to vote for 'nobody' until after Day 3, when voting for another player becomes mandatory.

Voting Summary:
2 - Madame Professor (AndyZ, Remiel)
2 - Remiel (Madame Professor, Geeklet)
1 - theLeslie (Mintprincess)
4 - AndyZ (yugi006, Christa, Rel Mayer, Seranova)
1 - Rel Mayer (AmberStarfire)
1 - Christa (Intimate Ink)

(Remiel, you had MP's name in bold, and I wasn't sure if that was an official vote or not. Let me know if I was mistaken! Players, make sure to poke me, either here in-thread or via PM, if your vote is not tallied here correctly; I had a bit of thread-reading to catch up on, so don't hesitate to poke me if you see a mistake)

Yet to Vote:
theLeslie, ThatRPGuy, persephone325

Voting for this Day Phase will close tomorrow at 11 a.m. US Central time! You are permitted to change your votes by then. If you have not voted, please endeavor to do so by then!

theLeslie

persephone325

I don't know what to do, so I'm voting for nobody.

A few people are acting really shady, but being really obvious about it and it's made me really confused. However, since the round won't end until tomorrow, I'll change my vote if I have some sort of revelation.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

I'm voting for theLeslie. Sorry Leslie, but with as much going on as we have now, I find it hard to trust anyone who still feels voting for nobody is the best way to proceed.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

AndyZ

TheLeslie, let me try putting things for you this way:

With the current setup we have, I'm favored to be staked by 4 votes.  If you vote for nobody, unless four other people do the same thing, you're effectively throwing your vote away.

Your best bet is to choose one of the people who has a large number of votes already targeted at them now that we're actually starting to coalesce.  Of these, I strongly recommend Madame Professor.

We kinda need all the villagers to start targeting now.  Even if you're wrong, it gives us more of a chance of winning than simply throwing your vote away and letting the Sabbat keep killing.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AmberStarfire

Andy: It also gives you less chance of being lynched. ;)

But I see where you're coming from too.

AndyZ

At this point, I'm rather sad I'm not in the Sabbat.  At least Panders get some modicum of respect.

If lynching me and proving I'm Cam in Final Death provides everyone some data, though, at least I'm more useful than I would be as a frickin' Caitiff.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AmberStarfire

What's a Pander?

I do respect you. I respect everyone here, I'm just playing the game.