INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 04:31:35 PM
I recall the cohorts were elite....or used char creation rules. Anyone remember which one we went (ask from existing players)?

Cohorts used the same stat generation as characters, followers above level 1 used elite array, level 1 followers used standard array
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ShadowFox89

Alright then, off to make the sheet....

And all I lose out for going with an extra +1 LA is 1 less Breath Effect, and waiting an extra level for that 5-Fold Breath....

And thank you Pale. I'll stat up the cohort in a separate sheet. I'll assume that npc wealth by level applies rather than dragon horde (because that'd be just plain silly).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xerial

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 02:33:28 PM
No one level as wizard to get casting level benefits? Also Lolth-touched means your CE automatically and no longer 'defender' of the half-breeds and such (so no Batman). But for a stretch I could imagine Eilistrae has similar exact template but so instead +6 to Str and Con you get +6 to Dex and Cha.

Oooh damn that's mighty tempting. The only down-side would be that he'd be an actually good-guy in a world of evil... so he'd really be Batman. Yeah, I can see Elim ending up horribly dead fast. If I took that my hope would be that Eilstrae would be ok with the occasional act of overt evil, to maintain cover. Then again, I guess wanton killing isn't out of the question if the people you are killing are evil.

As for the lack of Wizard, it just didn't feel quite like Elim. Exotic Weapon Master was kind of a placeholder, and the Level Adjustment of one for "Eilistrae-touched" fills the gap quite nicely.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 08, 2011, 02:45:24 PM
Does Batman need a partner? >.>

Well he technically does have a sidekick already, but allies are a good thing. Especially if you don't mind associating with a Drow who has set himself up to flaunt the fact he is different in mindset than most.

Aaaaand, just to clarify on the subject of Cohorts. With absolutely no level adjustments made (say, if they were human), they'd be level 12, right? That'd be the ECL of our characters -2. Pardon my brain being squishy, I just woke up from a two hour nap that turned into a six hour one.

EDIT: I'm continuing the wacky Cohort trend... with a Doppleganger.

ShadowFox89

Given that my character is going to be a drow that has a mindset heavily influenced by his draconic heritage, I'd say there's a good chance that they could work together.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xerial

Headdeskingly stupid question time: We're ECL 14, neh? Does that mean I get the same total number of Feats and Attribute bonuses (5 & 3 Respectively) even after race/template are factored in. Yes, I know it's a dumbass question, but apparently my brain forgot.

ShadowFox89

No. Those are calculated by hd. So an ecl14 drow has 5 feats and 3 attribute bumps.

And I think I'll go with the profession of librarian. Even without a high intelligence, I can give him a significant amount of knowledge.

Can my cohort take landlord?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xerial

Zaer Darkwail

No, your cohort cannot take landlord nor leadership feat.

Anyways I allow the 'monk belt' approach for wild shaping HD limit. Same item increases your wild emphaty class feature by +5.

Also regarding doing evil acts to keep cover; Eilistrae does not approve them and you need to attonement very least once per month to clean the carbage what you did maintain the cover. But as your not paladin nor cleric of eilsitrae the act of doing evil has no consequence expect guilty feel and need for attone for them to Eilistrae cleric. Free background feat for new char if any new players can discover where from is following quote;

Quote contest

"Father, I have made sin...."

"And your very good at it!"

Xerial

I have a few movies rolling around in my head that might have contained the quote... but I'm hitting a wall on it.

Terarria has been killing my ability to think rationally. Damned addictive game.

As for the no cohort Landlord, I can understand that (because what's to stop your Cohort from having Landlord and Leadership, and their Cohort taking Landlord when they can, and doooooom). I'm just sad that the backstory I had to explain mine having it must now die. Well, die or be adapted.

Zaer Darkwail

Anything which does not kill your char background only makes a char story stronger ;).

TheGlyphstone

Maybe I should take Landlord, instead of Fast Wild Shape. I do love designing me a stronghold, and natural cavern tunnels are cheap.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, and add wondrous architecture. Like a fungi which shrieks if anyone comes there without saying word in druidic or mushrooms which burn in eternal fire to ward off foes....

TheGlyphstone

SBG doesn't have prices for monster guards though, only trained NPC staff. I'll have to cobble something together, unless you've got something on hand.

Xerial

Ok, I have my skills worked out... and man I love Tumble.

If taking 20 were an option Elim could tumble through the threatened squares of 10 enemies without proving AoOs. It makes me giggle.

With the skill hurdle down I'm left with picking Maneuvers/Stances, then spending cash... then making my Cohort. Damn that's a lot left...

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, the SBG has no price tag for monsters. But it could be said that price is 10x normal price and multiply it by monsters HD should give the overall idea for 'monster guards'. But for drow guards you pay no more than what SBG shows (NPC class kind drows).

TheGlyphstone

I wasn't planning on any Drow guards, but having my 'Stronghold' simply be a maze of caverns and tunnels infested with umpta-bazillion spiders and other creepy crawlies.

On reflection, though, I'm going to just be stronghold-less and keep Fast Wild Shape.

ShadowFox89

Do you allow flaws? I was going to spend a feat on Landlord... but found I don't have enough feats >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Hmm... Now I'm debating a straight up drow warblade.

Mainly, I'm looking at making my character a librarian type. Does anyone need a dragon-obsessed drow librarian? Who happens to be able to breath fire.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 09, 2011, 07:31:26 PM
Hmm... Now I'm debating a straight up drow warblade.

Mainly, I'm looking at making my character a librarian type. Does anyone need a dragon-obsessed drow librarian? Who happens to be able to breath fire.

I almost already have one, but the archwinters are the mage house.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

avorae

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 03, 2011, 04:01:30 AM
Check the first page for charsheets for matron mothers; Lird'yl d'Szeossen and Phardril Lice-Drilloth.

If no one takes and grasps any matron mother, then you could create own matron mother avorae and house. I try think something catastrophic to happen in the house which would crumble it down and make room for new drow house (as I will NPC only one matron mother max).

Ok I will try to come up with something as soon ASAP but with my current work schedule it might be a while before I can do anything.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Xerial

I think I may be slapped for one of the items I'm buying.

I will say, it would be worse if I was willing to change Knowledge Devotion to Weapon Finesse... so much worse.

PaleEnchantress

drow politics being what they are you can have new matrons replace the old ones by introducing them as their daughter and killing off the old matron. There can even be a bit of retcon in the nature of the house.

Bwahaha, Matron Archwinter once again shows that he is Lolth's favored.

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.