[PF] Rise of the Runelords - Recruitment Closed

Started by Re Z L, April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EroticFantasyAuthor

Hopefully mine will be submitted shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you! As for GP spent:

Light Crossbow, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Leather Armor, 10 Bolts, and Alchemist Kit(Gear Bundle Package from Ultimate Equipment)

EroticFantasyAuthor

Dalkaer Lenerf (Sheet still WIP)

He grew up in the farming community of Nybor. The son of two adventurer's, his father an Alchemist while his mother is a Druid. One of his first memories occurred when he was very young, a good number of goblins had decided it was a great idea to attack the town. This memory is the source of his intense fascination and love of fire. He vividly recalls how his father used bombs to devastating effect, neutralizing entire groups of the wide-mouthed attackers. While his mother skillfully directed a flaming sphere to ensure that very few goblins were actually able to enter the town.

That one night showed him how fire could be used for good, used to protect and defend. That single memory gave a young gnome his lifelong passion and obsession. His childhood was mostly spent at his father's side, learning Alchemy. However he also aided his mother in caring for injured townsfolk, she also spent plenty of time teaching him about the natural world and nurturing his love of nature. His mother's animal companion was his constant guardian and best friend.

The rest of the time was of course spent experimenting, playing with fire in what he thought was a responsible manner(responsible for a young gnome). While he loved fire, he was always careful to make sure that no one got hurt. Inventing creative methods to test different theories in a way that would not endanger anyone(objects were another story).

When his alchemy training was done, he was quite eager to leave the town of Nybor and start on his grand adventurers(oh the stories his parents had told him). Sandpoint was a natural choice for his first destination. Not only was there the new cathedral to visit, but most importantly, the town's alchemist. While his own father knew a great deal, there was still always something new to learn. So with fond farewells, he left on his journey of perfecting fire into a precise tool that would help make the world a better place.

Erich Norden

Hm, thought of two questions that are somewhat related:  How often do you expect people to post, and how many characters are being accepted?  I noticed you said you liked large groups, but I've been in a Skype group with 6 or 7 members before and it was not the best experience; my character felt like just a face in the crowd.  I'm also concerned the game will go at a snail's pace if there's a lot of people, unless everyone is posting at least daily.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I hope for a fast pace game as well, with everyone posting regularly.

RockSalt

This game is gonna be on the forums right *probably should've asked* Because I can't really commit to a constant meeting time if we're talking about skype... >3>

EroticFantasyAuthor

That was my assumption, the same is true for me.

Re Z L

I would like to keep the action moving during certain parts of the adventure; however there will probably be some slower paced parts from time to time.  During combat I'll probably be a little more strict about people posting quickly, most combat actions should be relatively quick and concise as a post, so I don't suspect there to be too many issues with that.

Larger groups does mean that sometimes people get overshadowed by the other players, to hopefully alleviate this I'd like to put in some side-quests from time to time that may focus specifically one one character (or two) before getting back into the main story again.  Similarly, having a larger group does give you all more freedom to split up and take on individual or small-group tasks more often.

The game is going to be play-by-post.  If there comes a time where we want to try a live game then we might use E's built in IRC chat, but I don't really foresee this happening.
A&A

AndyZ

I work full time but should be able to post every day.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Re Z L

It's beginning to look like I've gotten all of the applications I'm going to get, so unless things change before tomorrow I'm going to tentatively say that each of the applicants is approved.  I was planning for somewhere between 6-8, and since I ended up with 8 applicants total I suppose I'll just stick with that  ;D

Just a couple quick things...

First of all where to put the thread:  I'm thinking the NC: Exotic category or the NC: Humans.  The first thing to note is that no player is going to be put into a sexual situation where they are uncomfortable or simply don't want to be involved regardless of where the thread is located.  Putting it into an NC forum leaves that option open, though any NC would likely be done TO the characters, rather than by.  Exotic is due to the plethora of strange creatures in the Pathfinder universe, or we can keep things strictly humanoid (humans, elves, gnomes, halflings, etc.).  So, just some ideas, let me know what you all think.

A quick rundown of the characters we have:

Callie Del Noire:  That should give you some idea of what we have, I think either of your suggested characters would work, I'm more partial to the Wizard, but the choice is entirely up to you  ;D

Next, as I mentioned before the game features the seven sins/virtues rather prominently.  As you play I'll be awarding points to these depending on your character's choices.  Trying to get more money out of a reward than was previously offered may gain you a point of Greed; whereas donating some of your gold to charities along the way may gain you a point of Generosity.  The sins/virtues break down as listed:

SIN - VIRTUE
Envy - Charity
Gluttony - Temperance
Greed - Generosity
Lust - Love
Pride - Humility
Sloth - Zeal
Wrath - Kindness

Each point gained in any of those categories will either increase your total in one of them, or reduce the opposing value.  For example, if you have Envy 3 and you gain 1 Charity point you don't go to Envy 3/Charity 1, instead you go to Envy 2/Charity 0.

As part of finishing up your characters, I'd like you to pick one sin and one virtue from different categories (So Envy/Humility is fine, but Wrath/Kindness is not).  You'll begin the game with 1 point in each (So Envy 1 and Humility 1 in the example I gave previously), to represent your character's history as you see fit.  For the Paladin: these don't necessarily reflect violations to your oath, they may just be mistakes you regret, or bad habits, or character flaws (Wrath being a good example of a common vice for some paladins).

I think that just about covers it...  I'll likely have the first post up on Thursday or Friday.  I'd like it if you all could have your character sheets finalized by Friday (the initial part of the adventure involves little need for a full sheet, but having your Ability Scores and Skills finished by then will be very helpful).

Let me know if you have any questions  ;D
A&A

Callie Del Noire

I confess I like the idea of the wizard more. :D

Re Z L

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 30, 2013, 07:11:12 PM
I confess I like the idea of the wizard more. :D

Also!  In case you missed it, a Teifling is fine  ;D
A&A

AndyZ

Where can I read up on these virtues?

My Paladin's still undergoing minor changes atm, like fighting style...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Re Z L on April 30, 2013, 07:17:35 PM
Also!  In case you missed it, a Teifling is fine  ;D

Already play one Teifling Wizard.. I have her up on my blog. She's a 10th Admixture Wizard.. mean.

EroticFantasyAuthor

My character sheet should be good to go. Will think on virtues and sins.

Ebb

Thanks RZL ("Re"? "Re Z L"?). This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Would you like us to track our Virtue/Vice points on our character sheets, maybe in the Notes section? Or would you rather keep it in a thread somewhere?

[Greed/Humility]

AndyZ

After realizing that the buckler wouldn't do over much, I just shrugged and went for greatsword.  Better to think of this now than when I start getting spells, though.

Most likely I'll do Kindness/Pride but I'm not 100% there.

Callie Del Noire

To qoute my favorite Spaceship captain. "I'm a fan of them all..."

RockSalt

Hooray! Awesome to get the game started soon! It's awesome that were using sins/virtue points, I was actually thinking that that would be a cool type of thing to do you read my mind!

I'm going to say that Solsiss is starting with Envy 1/Temperance 1, he envies those with more than him and thinks the system in inherently unfair, but he doesn't do things frivolously and has good self control. =w=

I've started his charactersheet and abilities, traits, and skills are done, but I haven't done any items yet. I'm also still open on suggestions for skills if you think someone has something better covered than me :3

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on April 30, 2013, 07:19:29 PM
Where can I read up on these virtues?

My Paladin's still undergoing minor changes atm, like fighting style...

Mostly they don't have much effect on things until much much later on

Quote from: Ebb on April 30, 2013, 07:26:03 PM
Thanks RZL ("Re"? "Re Z L"?). This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Would you like us to track our Virtue/Vice points on our character sheets, maybe in the Notes section? Or would you rather keep it in a thread somewhere?

[Greed/Humility]

I'll be tracking them on my own so you all won't really need to worry about it.  I'll let you know about gains as they occur  ;D
A&A

AndyZ

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 30, 2013, 08:01:18 PM
To qoute my favorite Spaceship captain. "I'm a fan of them all..."

Then right now, you're going to have to go with Wrath.

Quote from: Re Z L on April 30, 2013, 08:18:01 PM

I'll be tracking them on my own so you all won't really need to worry about it.  I'll let you know about gains as they occur  ;D

Fair enough.

Ebb

Quote from: Re Z L on April 30, 2013, 08:18:01 PM

Fair enough. I think it's a neat roleplaying touch. It'll be fun if we end up with a spread of virtues and vices throughout the party.

AndyZ, Wikipedia has pretty good articles on the Seven Virtues and Seven Vices if you're just looking for flavor. Not precisely the breakdown that's used here, but there are lots of variations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

AndyZ

I'm guessing that Kindness would fit in with Mercy.  Sarenrae apparently teaches that evil can be redeemed and I took the nonlethal stuff to that effect.

Pride is kinda easy to see what you're an Aasimar Paladin and just kinda better than everyone else in many ways.  Of course, someone who's Really better than everyone else doesn't think that they are because they're humble, but hey...

Muse

Envy/Love here.  (Wasn't expecting the group of virtues you sent.  ^_^;;  ) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RockSalt

Looks like greed and envy are the most popular sins, sounds about right for a looting party of adventurers  ::)

Ebb

Quote from: RockSalt on April 30, 2013, 08:50:09 PM
Looks like greed and envy are the most popular sins, sounds about right for a looting party of adventurers  ::)

Someone else wants Greed? No, they can't have it! It's mine, all mine!