in a time of war

Started by veilwebb, March 10, 2011, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veilwebb

in this world there is a civil war going on between the north and south. Guns havent been invented yet. you play as civilains in a cafe, while the rest of the bulidings around have been demolished by the soldiers.

veilwebb

a man wearing dark clothes, with a sword on his side, is sitting in the back booth reading the paper

sazzie

I enter the cafe, rocks crumbling under my army boots. I sit into a booth and pull a dusty menu toward me.

veilwebb

i, the man in the back booth reading the paper pull down the paper for a second to look at who has entered then the waitress interrupts me and asks if i would like anything . "i say ill have a cup of coffee" look at the new person thats looking at the menu again  then i go back to reading my article on the war

sazzie

I then notice there is a man sitting at the way back of the cafe who keeps glancing at me. So I decide to get up and switch sides of the booth so he can no longer see me.

veilwebb

a soldier walks into the cafe and sits in the booth between mine and the one looking at the menu (who has now turned around) probally because they noticed me staring. The soldier sees my sword and asks if im a soldier. i reply no and leave my money down on the table to pa for the coffee as i get up to wal out the soldier stops me and says "why do you carry a sword if its not yours" i say none of your business and the soldier unsheaths his sword and i rapidly jump back and meet my sword with his

sazzie

I leanup against the cafe wall and clasp my hidden knife as I watch the two men fighting. "As long as they don't come near me," I think to myself.

veilwebb

the waitress behind the counter yells "stop stop". but i dont listen i knock the sword out of his hand and kick him to the ground i then raise my sword as if to kill

sazzie

I jump out of my booth and kick the sword out of the man's hand, "Don't!" I yell as I shove him hard.

veilwebb

i get up.. ouch that and he attacked me first i say as i reach to pick up my sword

sazzie

I just turn around on the man and go sit back in my booth, pulling the menu up again.

veilwebb

the soldier then gets up and says i should have u put in containment for that. "you attacked me" i said . the soldier goes whatever and walks over to the booth and says thanks for not letting this jack ass kill me.

sazzie

I look at the soldier and shrug, I then turn around and stare at the man and notice he has tattoo on his arm and notice the mark and give him an angered look. I then turn back around, "no problem,"

veilwebb

as i am about to leave i look out the door and see the army of the north riding about a half mile out probally to attack the dinner i then look back at the women that kicked me thats looking at the menu. i contemplate leaving her to die but i decide i probally shouldnt .. i walk back into the cafe i and grab her arm lets go i say . no time to explain

veilwebb

sazzie

I slap the unknown man's hand and yell at him "No, you better explain," Just then a tear gas bottle is thrown through the window, "Ah shit," I say and try to run.

veilwebb

with no time to explain i pick the women up and throw her on my shoulder and run out of the cafe with her pounding on my back telling me to put her down. i just ignore her and run down the road till i see the sewer drain i open the top and carry her down the ladder i then turn a few corners on the sewer walk way and put her down

sazzie

As he puts me down I pounce on him, making us fall into the nasty sewage water. "What'd you do that for? I could've taken them?"

veilwebb

the entire army was coming you couldnt of taken them .... they would of killed you the army doesnt treat civilians kind durning war

sazzie

I get up off the man and wipe the slime off my pant legs, it drips onto him. "Well, whatever, pretty sure you could have taken them too," Looks at the tattoo on his arm again.

veilwebb

"there were thousands of soldiers we could not of taken them ... on a good day i maybe could of beaten a few but we would both be dead if it we stayed there. now im going to head to the next country where there isnt a war so i can go live in peace. now you can ethier come with me or stay here and die. its your choice." i said as i got up out of the water

sazzie

I keep what he says to myself "on a good day he could have," and I then grab the armband around my arm.
I look behind me at the dark tunnel, "Fine, I guess I'll come with then,"

veilwebb

*i motion for her to follow* i walk along the tunnels taking lefts and rights constantly . i then reach my destination i climb up the ladder and open the sewer and climb up onto the street. i then put out my hand to help her up next but she just climbs out without taking it. i lead us down a narrow alley and i push aside a trash can and knock on the hidden door. A man asks whats the password i say" peace and harmony". the door opens i lead her inside.

sazzie

"So that's what it was changed to," I smirk and brush past the man to walk into the town's busy square. Children were playing hopscotch infront of a storefront, while beggers were trading volatile items in alleys. I look back sadly at the man and disappear into a crowd of people.

veilwebb

after seeing her disappear into the crowd i assumed that she had been here before.  i chat to the doorman for awhile and asked if he had seen her before he said he had a few times but not since the war started. i then walked past the children playing and one asked if the war was over yet. "i replied not yet but your safe here" knowing that this was the only place left for people to hide from the on going war outside. i decided id go to the inn and stay a night then leave for the border to continue my journey to find my brother tomorrow. i walked into the inn and the clerk said they were out of rooms.