The Great Civil Unrest of the Mutants In Character.

Started by Batman4560, July 06, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascalence

NAME:  Penelope Archer
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  Student
TIME OF DAY:  Morning
TAGGING:  Jake Crow

While Penelope was generally used to paint fumes, and had been fine the day before, she suddenly felt overwhelmed by the scent of the paint.  Looking at the nearly complete wall, she licked her dry lips, then moved and set down her palette and brush.  Well, one of her brushes.  She had three tucked behind her ear, paint from them staining the side of her face.  Just as her clothes were stained as well.  She moved to the window and opened it, sticking her head out for a second to get a breath of fresh air.  ...But that wasn't going to be enough to air out the room completely.  Pulling away from the window, she grabbed up her messenger bag and walked to the door, opening it and blocking it open with the bag.  As she looked back up, someone ran by.
She froze.  Black-melty-fire-boy.  ...What was he doing up there?  Surely he hadn't been permitted to skip classes, too?  Or maybe that's why he was running...?  She swallowed and stuck her head out of the room, staring after him with wary brown eyes for a long moment, before ducking back into her room.  None of her business...and it would probably be best to avoid him, anyway.
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

EndofDivine

NAME: Jessica Reynolds
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Student
TIME OF DAY: Late Evening
TAGGING: Kimmi August, Aaron Shaw

Jessica shrugged after Kimmi finished speaking. "If you say so. Still, it wouldn't hurt to be able to throw someone through a wall every now and then. It's a lot easier to walk away if they're inside a wall, you know." Jessica smiled back at Kimmi, kinda glad she wasn't the violent type of criminal, even if she acted a bit rough around the edges.

Jessica's mouth hung open for a moment when her name was called over the PA before looking at Kimmi with a "Can you believe this?" look on her face. She laughed a bit to herself as she looked around the floor for her shoes. "Creepy, right? Makes you wonder if they don't have microphones in here or something." She slid her shoes on and started tying them on the bed, looking up at Kimmi. "I think I know what it's about though. I've kinda already been poking around. Let's hope I make it back alive." She gave the other girl a slight smile as she finished tying her shoes and stood up. "And thanks for helping out. I don't trust the people in this school. Too many secrets and it's only the first day." Jessica stopped at the door and gave a quick wave to her roommate as she opened the door to leave. She nearly trips over a water bottle placed directly outside her door and lets out a quick scream as she grabs onto the door to keep from falling. "Who leaves a bottle...", her voiced trailed off as she saw the note stuck to the side with her name on it. "That son of a...He nearly killed me!" Jessica delivers a quick kick to the bottle and sends it tumbling and rolling to the end of the hallway. She turns back to her roommate and gives an embarrassed smile before closing the door and making her way to the office.

She didn't like the school at night. It was far too empty and there was something about the hallways that made them creepy when they weren't filled with other people. Her footsteps echoed down the hallway as she found her way to the offices and knocked tentatively on the door with Mr. Shaw's name on it. It seemed really strange for the dean to be calling people to his office this late but then again, this was the first boarding school she had ever attended. Maybe that's how they do things at these places? Jessica frowned to herself as she readied herself for a lecture.

Batman4560

NAME: Aaron Shaw
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Dean
TAGGING: Jessica Reynolds

"Please sit down." He motioned to the padded seat in front of his desk and withdrew a small piece of paper. "Jessica, I asked you to come here to tell me about your powers and how you feel about them. Do you feel you have a perfect handle on them or maybe you need some help?" He asked as he started to scribble something on the paper. His eyes only shifted to meet her for a moment. He was curious to find out how she would react. This was all of course a test.

EndofDivine

TAGGING: Aaron Shaw

Jessica quietly took a seat, her head hung down slightly as she prepared for the usual lecture she received in these types of situations. She had gotten pretty good at tuning this sort of thing out. When the dean's first words aren't "I'm disappointed in you, Jessica" she snaps her head up to look at him. He wanted to know about her powers, huh? Deep inside her head, a voice cried out to her to not do what she was planning. Well, he asked for it didn't he? A quick little "demonstration" wasn't going to hurt anyone.

Jessica sat motionless as she looked into Shaw's eyes, almost as if she were waiting for something. Then it happens. Shaw blinks and finds himself and his desk situated atop a snow capped mountain with nothing but other similar mountains as far as the eye can see. The bitter cold winds roar in his ear and sting his skin. The pure white snowflakes cling to him briefly before melting away. The wind whips about madly, violently carrying away the papers laid out on his desk. Another blink and it all ends as abruptly as it had begun. Mr. Shaw was back in his office, with no signs of anything having moved in anyway, including Jessica. She loved doing this to people and it was worth whatever happened next.  Her lips grow into a smile as she let go of her hold on his mind. "I don't know Mr. Shaw. Why don't you tell me?"

Batman4560

"Wonderful, truly. How would you like the chance to change the world? Help others in need?" He asked and withdrew a key from his desk and set it on the desk in front of her. "What I have here is a key to the basement. It will open the door at midnight tomorrow. If you want to know more about how you can help others, go to one of the 12 doors and don't let anyone see you. At midnight tomorrow, use this key and enter the door. But remember you cannot be seen."

EndofDivine

Jessica couldn't believe what was going on right now. The key to the basement literally only an arm's length away and staring right back at her. Every bone in her body told her to reach out and take it- don't ask questions just take it. It was just too good to be true. She went through all this, made plans to break in, and now he's just going to present the key to her on a silver platter with some nonsense about helping others? She wasn't going to be fooled by this- not that easy.

"Just like that, huh?" She leaned back in her chair and folded her arms in front of her chest. "I don't buy it. How does what I do change the world or help others in need? Even if I were to go around putting images of a happy sunshine land in everyone's head, my ability doesn't change anything for the better."

Batman4560

Shaw's eyes narrowed in a dangerous way. "Look, I told you. The answers you seek will be revealed tomorrow night. If you don't want the key just say so..." He raised a hand and prepared to snap a finger to summon a friend with a very useful power. "I won't ask twice." Shaw stated in a threatening manner and reached out for the key with his free hand. "Last chance."

EndofDivine

Jessica's eyes alternate quickly between the key on the desk and Mr. Shaw. "Wait!" She reaches forward and quickly snatches up the key. It was at least an easy way in and she wasn't about to let it slip away. The way Mr. Shaw was looking at her made her wary of what might be in the basement though. Maybe she should bring Kimmi along, just in case?

Jessica stands up, eager to leave the office and get back to her room. "Is that all?"

Batman4560

"Yes, that is all. Remember not until midnight tomorrow, they key will not work. And you may not tell anyone about this offer. I will know if you do and there will be punishment for it." Placing the paper he was writing on in his desk Aaron stood up and walked Jessica to the door and made sure she understood what he had told her and the effect it would have on her should she let the secret out.

EndofDivine

TAGGING: Kimmi August

Well, at least all this walking around was helping her get acquainted with the layout of the school. It's always best to look on the bright side of things, right? There was the key of course, but she didn't know what to think about Mr. Shaw's offer just yet. It felt like a trap. That was silly though, right? This was just a school, not a prison. Something about the excessive surveillance and the way Mr. Shaw looked at her made her think otherwise though. It was only a nibbling doubt but it was still there, growing in her mind as she learned more and more about this school. She looked up the stairs before climbing them, staring into the camera, her hand wrapped around the key in her palm like a safe. Either way, she was going to get to the bottom of this.

Jessica knocked softly on the door to her room and waited a moment before poking her head inside. "Hey, I'm back." Jessica wandered over to her bed, absently kicking her shoes off as she made her way. She sat there at the edge of her bed in a sort of stunned silence, unsure of whether or not to tell Kimmi what was happening or even where to start if she did decide to share the secret she held in her hand.

Demigod1945

NAME: Samuel Ervin
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Physics teacher
TIME OF DAY: Morning
TAGGING: Thinking, Jacob Crow
Samuel cursed when there was no answer, he slammed the phone down and looked at his class. Many of them were either gossiping or had their cellphones out. Most likely sharing the news of what just happened. He tried to think but couldn't because of all the noise.
"Alright, every settle down" he said calmly and quickly. No one paid him any attention. He stepped forward, took the stapler off of his desk, and threw at the nearest phone. The student showed nothing but shock on his face, when his phone was suddenly ejected from his hand by the force of his throw. The phone slammed into the wall and shattered in to several pieces. The classroom turned silent, no sound what so ever. "Now that is much better, I want you to stay exactly like this until I return." He then left the classroom, intent of finding Jacob, he didn't have to go far however as he was about to turn a corner, when Jacob ran around it and almost knocked him over.

Thesunmaid

NAME:Kimmi August

As Jessica came into the room she would see Kimmi sitting slumped in front of her laptop her hands on the keyboard but not touching it.The screen had a bunch of windows on it opening and closing. Scripts and code flashing by quickly and then closing. And she did not seem to be moving except for short shallow breaths. Her hair fell in front of her face. If Jessica pulled it back she would see her eyes were rolled back into her head completely white and she did not seem to respond to what you were saying.

She had jerked her head up suddenly and moaned softly and then she blinked a few times and her eyes finally opened and looked over at you looking surprised"Jess? Oh..uh hi?"She looked a bit dazed and her screen stopped flickering and flashing"I uh...I was just checking out the security systems..um..hope I didn't freak you out with that..I suppose I looked a bit freaky.."She looked a bit embarrassed.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

EndofDivine

Jessica glanced up curiously at Kimmi, the glow from her computer screen giving her features a certain eeriness. Maybe she didn't hear her come in. "Kimmi?" Jessica got worried when she saw that the other girl was motionless. Did they do something to her while she was gone? She stands up and slowly approaches Kimmi, her hand inching toward Kimmi's shoulder. Jessica quickly jumps back with a scream when Kimmi suddenly comes to life. "What the hell Kimmi?!" Jessica angrily takes a seat back on her bed, her heart slowly calming itself down.

She seems to become less upset as Kimmi explains what was going on. "God...I thought you were dead or something, Kimmi." Jessica shakes her head, trying to get all the conspiracy theories floating around out of her mind. "Anyway, you're not going to believe this but..." Jessica holds out her hand to show Kimmi the key resting in her palm. "The dean gave me the key to the basement. He said it will open any of the doors tomorrow at midnight. I'm technically supposed to go alone and not tell anyone..." Jessica shrugs her shoulders and gives Kimmi a sly grin. "Never was very good at listening though. You feel like doing some exploring tomorrow?"

Kepesk

NAME: Jake Crow
TAGGING: Samuel Ervin

Jake stopped short, and noticing that it was Prof. Ervin, said, "Hey! Hello Professor Ervin. Did I, uh...forget my laptop in your class?"
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Demigod1945

TAGGING: Thinking, Jacob Crow
"As a matter of fact you did Jacob." Samuel replied with no emotion. He saw Jake move to get it and stepped in front of him. "Now just a moment,' he paused then continued. "Jacob you just destroyed my blackboard, and scared the life out of me. Now before I let you go back in there you need to answer me two questions. What exactly did you just do, and is it going to happen again?" The boy seemed nervous, and it seemed like he was distracted. Maybe if he could be calmed down he could resume his class. But how, maybe have Jake find a happy place? He looked at Jake again, and realized that wouldn't work, it wouldn't be real enough. Samuel wished that he could make real, like Jessica's ability. All of sudden he felt a quick, sharp pain in the back of his head, and then he started hearing voices, thoughts, sentences, and emotions.... but they weren't his.

Kepesk

Jake's face was frozen except for when he cringed a little hearing about the blackboard. "Uhhh... `Do' Professor Ervin...?" He sighed. Welp, this was it. The proverbial jig was up. "...I don't know. I don't remember."
~ Aristotle

Thesunmaid

She looked at you and blushed a bit"uhh...sorry..I was not expecting you to come back so quick...."She sits back"Uhh...well...my power is I can project myself into electrical systems. And I can touch anything with moving parts and understand how they work..."She looked down"But only problem is I can't go into a system with out sort of dazing out..."She sighs looking at you"i didn't mean to freak you out or anything...sorry."She looked with interest and smirks"Oh fuck yeah I wanna go....I mean if there's anything that key won't let us into I can probably bypass it."She stood up"But we should not keep this all to our lonesome...we should get some others involved."she smiled"Do you know anyone else around here?"
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Demigod1945

TAGGING: Hearing, Jacob Crow
Samuel lost Jacobs next statement, because it was drowned out by the thoughts of all of the students and teachers in all the nearby classrooms. "So this is telepathy" he said to no one in particular. "I always thought it would be...different." His mind was retrieving, analyzing, and storing every thought that it came across. How was he doing this? Samuel brainstormed, he quickly found that he couldn't think straight. He immediately tried to block out the foreign thoughts that he was hearing. Things ranging from "What the hell is trigonometry?!" to "I wonder if I could freeze the teacher from here." All of it was truly fascinating, but Samuel wanted to know how he was capable of doing this. With effort he managed to block them out, one by one. After a few minutes, the only thoughts he heard were his own. Finally, peace and quiet. He pondered on the origin of this ability. Nothing could have caused this except...Jessica, yes that was it, Jessica happened. The link between his mind and hers must have done something to his mind. Like it learned how to do the same thing she did. He had to find out more. He looked over at Jake, a frown on his face. "I need you to find Ms. Schmidt, quickly"

Kepesk

Happy with the change of subject, Jake muttered, "Uhhh...okay!" And took that opportunity to leave.
Miss Schmidt... In her classroom setting up, maybe...? Jake headed straight there and tried to nonchalantly walk past her front door.

~ Aristotle

EndofDivine

Jessica arches an eyebrow as Kimmi details her ability. "Well, that's convenient. You can hack into machines, I can hack into people. We could make quite the team, huh?" Jessica laughs with amusement at the arrangement fate had thrown into her lap...sometimes fate was funny like that. Jessica leaned back as she thought about the other students she met so far. "I've only really met one other student so far...and funny enough, he was trying to get into the basement too. Don't know what his ability is but I think his name is like Jack or something. I'd know him if I saw him anyway."

Jessica thinks on Kimmi's suggestion momentarily, sighing at how much trouble keeping all of this a secret would be. "If you really think we need help we could ask around during lunch or something I guess. But this is supposed to be a secret so let's try to keep it that way, ok? The dean was pretty forceful about making sure I knew what would happen if I told someone else." Jessica seemingly became lost in her thoughts as she thought of what the dean could actually do to back up all his threats. Surely he couldn't do anything more extreme than detention or suspension, right? And heck, Jessica would almost welcome expulsion so it was hard to even consider that a punishment. Still, she didn't want to find out. Nearly the entire staff here gave her the creeps.

Jessica seemingly shrugs to no one in particular. "Well, I think I'm going to go to bed. I haven't eaten since I got here because of all the stuff that's been going on. I'd like to get to breakfast while there's still food left. See you at lunch?"

Cascalence

NAME:  Karen Schmidt
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teacher
TAGGING:  Jake Crow

Karen never really had dreams.  Not real dreams, where the imagination soars and wild things happen.  She usually instead had fragments of memories.  And it usually caused for fitful sleeping.  Most of the night, however, her mind was eased.  Dreamless.  Towards dawn, however, bits and pieces floated to the surface.  Her life in Boston, teaching her students...their smiling faces.  It caused for fitful sleep, for she missed them so.  However, she was still able to sleep through these.  Then an auditory memory drifted up.  "I have to get an 'A' in your class...."  Her eyes snapped open and she bolted into an upright sitting position.  Blinking, her eyes scanned the room for a moment, before she remembered where she was.  The school...in her room.  She relaxed a bit and looked toward the windows as the sunlight peeked over the horizon, light filtering into the room.  Slipping from under the single white sheet that covered her, she stood, barefoot, on the wooden floor.  She stretched up onto her tip toes, and then lowered back down, all the while staring out the window.
After several long moments of just standing there, enjoying the view, she moved and extracted an outfit for the day from the closet.  A light green cardigan to wear over a white tank top that had lace along the bust line, and a pair of light khaki pants.  Moving to the bathroom, she showered and was soon dressed and brushing out her hair.
Finally, she moved back to the bedroom, scooping up her glasses and pushing them up onto her nose delicately.
She looked back out the windows, smiling softly.  ...She had high hopes that today would be a good day.

Karen had left her room later in the morning; her first period was a planning period, thankfully, and she hoped to get a chance to review some student files before her first class.  She'd taken her supplies to her room and dropped them off, then run to the vacant cafeteria, getting a plain bagel and cream cheese.  Carrying a paper plate with her breakfast on it back to her classroom, she blocked the door open so the room wouldn't become stuffy, and sat at the desk.
It was a while later when she noticed a sudden movement outside the door.  With half a slice of a bagel hanging from her mouth, she looked up from a file and blinked, spotting a student.  A student she recognized.  "Jmakfe?" she let out, before flushing and quickly taking the bagel out, setting it on the plate.  She stood and moved out to the doorway.  "What are you doing out of class?" she asked, concerned.

Kepesk

TAGGING: Karen Schmidt

Jake stood with his mouth slightly agape, and standing awkwardly. He really didn't know how to answer her question. "I spazzed-out?" No... That wouldn't do. "I dunno?" Ugh. Worse.
His mouth just kept getting wider until finally, he just decided on the simplest reason he was there, but it came out like he was a pod-person, "Uhhh... Professor Ervin wants you. He's...outside his classroom. Come quickly."

~ Aristotle

Cascalence

NAME:  Karen Schmidt
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teacher
TAGGING:  Jake Crow, Samuel Ervin

Watching as the teen's mouth slowly opened wider as he searched for the words he wanted to use to answer her question with, Karen arched an eyebrow, a small humored smile coming to her lips.  At his words, however, the smile faded down to a curious frown.  She nodded, pulling her keys from her slacks pocket, and closed up her classroom, locking the door so no one got into her paperwork or student files.  "Lead the way, if you don't mind, dear," she spoke as she turned back to Jake.  She didn't know where Sam's classroom was, and thus, needed a guide.  She followed behind the young male as he led the way, her stride hurried, and her gaze a mixture of curiosity and mild concern.
When they rounded a corner and Sam came into sight, her pace quickened and she brushed softly past Jake, moving to Sam.  "Samuel?  What is it?  What's wrong?" she asked, her concern evident in her tone.

Demigod1945

TAGGING: Karen Schmidt, Jacob Crow
"Hello Karen, I need..." Samuel's voice trailed off, what he was hearing was incredible, but he was concerned as to why he couldn't control it, he couldn't block them out like before. And the amount of thoughts were increasing exponentially, if felt like he was listening to the entire school. "I can hear them, all of them" he said with a grin "Like Jessica" Saying her name brought him out of his revere, and he was about to ask Karen to help him find her, when he heard another thought, but it was different than the others, more violent. He cocked his head as if actually hearing physically. How interesting.

Thesunmaid

Looking at you smirking"Well then I guess that's why we got put together. Well...OK...maybe we should get this guy in on it...I have a few things to take care of and I will go get some food. Go forth my dear and get some food in yer gut...I am gonna get some things figured out. I am going to go into the electrical systems and see what I can find. I like to know what I am getting myself into and if i have to have an cameras that need to go offline some how. I don't want you getting into shit with the dean...I am a criminal..your not. Lets keep it that eh? I will come down at dinner and we can figure things out if you can meet up with this guy you were talking about. I will see you later."She smiled.