To a World of Darkness (Exalted/WoD)

Started by RSGAlex, March 14, 2013, 05:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

It's kinda difficult to combine the cost for two level 2 items.  My usual trick for quick and easy artifact combining is that you can combine a level 1 and a level 2 as a level 3, or a level 3 and a level 2 as a level 4, or a level 4 and a level 2 as a level 5.

I could see it being level 4 if you have a Reaper Daiklave with a Behemoth Hearthpiercer and implement a Heartseeking Focus Lens into it.  I could also see a Reaper Daiklaive with a Divine Shout Trigger built into the weapon.  Just combine all commitment points into the one weapon.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: AndyZ on April 07, 2013, 01:45:11 AM
It's kinda difficult to combine the cost for two level 2 items.  My usual trick for quick and easy artifact combining is that you can combine a level 1 and a level 2 as a level 3, or a level 3 and a level 2 as a level 4, or a level 4 and a level 2 as a level 5.

The problem with that is, now you have a weapon that has more dots than it would actually be worth. Or are you telling me that you think a Godcannon with a Daiklave bayonet attachment is worth the same as an Eye of the Fire Dragon? Or the Forgotten Blade? Or the Soul Mirror?

Another question- How many forms can I start off with knowing? I think my lunar may need to break into a zoo and start pulling a Noah >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Now I could be misunderstanding, because it's late for me, but I think he's saying that yours is hard to price because it doesn't fall into his usually usual patterns.

Some of which I share, sometimes there's mystic bullshit number crunching involved.

His first suggestion actually has 5 dots of artifact for four, but at the same time, could actually make use of the limitations of the combined weapon style. I'm guessing that the second one would be rated at three dots, because that's what the combined cost is, and there's no great benefit from the combined form, and a relatively minor limitation from it.

As for forms, by default it's you and totem, IIRC. But there's a background if you want to take more and not have to explain (much) how you got them.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Terrifying Argent Witches don't have totemic forms unless they take a charm for it.

Would you be fine if I grabbed the forms of various common city animals; cats, dogs, small birds of prey. Since animals using TAW are represented as clusters of mutations, I can figure out which ones fit.... And will need to go hunting in Canada for some bigger, badder forms >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Just so long as you don't become Shadow the Final Destroyer.

Sha-Shadow, the Final Destroyer. The Final Destroyer, Shadow.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Actually, I plan on her totemic form being some sort of hulking, 10ft tall shadowy beast >.>

The basic idea with what she can do, is that she can pull a Liam Neeson in Taken. She will hunt you. She will find you. And she won't stop until her objective is done. Even if she has to tear a city apart to do so.

I'm the Juggernaught, bitch.
Object-In-Motion Technique

Cost: - (1m); Mins: Strength 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Action-Only
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Gravity-Intimidating Brutality
Bulging with power, the Lunar takes a leap. Anything which gets in her way only has itself to blame. This Charm enhances its prerequisite. While it is active, the Lunar may reflexively jump when she takes a Move action on her action tick. In addition, should the Lunar's jumps take her into contact with an inanimate, non-magical structure or object not currently in use by another character, she may by spending 1m reflexively make an attack against it. If she destroys the object with her reflexive attack, her passage is not impeded and she completes her Jump without being bought to a halt (often leaving a Lunar-shaped hole in the wall behind her). Attacks should be appropriately resolved against the obstructing object or structure - for example, if her jump is obstructed by a tree branch, damage should be resolved against that rather than the tree as a whole. The Lunar must be able to make her way through to the other side of the structure or object with her movement for passage to be cleared; otherwise the attack functions as a normal attack would.
At Essence 3, this Charm automatically improves. Against objects or structures with a Resources value less than her Essence, a single level of damage against the object is enough to clear her way.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Just don't say that there's Linda broth involved. (Cookie to anyone that gets the references. It's dipped in Delisauce.)

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 07, 2013, 02:14:48 AM
The problem with that is, now you have a weapon that has more dots than it would actually be worth. Or are you telling me that you think a Godcannon with a Daiklave bayonet attachment is worth the same as an Eye of the Fire Dragon? Or the Forgotten Blade? Or the Soul Mirror?

The way I came up with the thing is that Windblades have the option of being Daiklaives as well.  That combines a 3 dot and a 2 dot into a 4 dot.

All the artifacts you listed are 5 dot, not 4 dot.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ShadowFox89

So, just a pondering... Would a werewolf be a viable target to steal the form of? Since TAW don't need to spend time sacred hunting their targets...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Yes and no. You can steal the shape, but depending on what benefits you're looking at, you might not get them.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

The stuff that could be translated as mutations. Claws, armored hides, enhanced sense of smell, etc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

My first blush is to say that without some other mojo of some kind, you end up getting the breed form of the were in question.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Kinda what I meant, I'm not really familiar with werewolves. Like if I nom a wolf breed, getting the traits that a wolf would have.

And here's the beta idea for the sword-gun....

Gunblade (needs a new name)
The Gunblade has three forms, each of which may be adapted once a tick as a reflexive action for 2 motes. The first form is an autoklave, the second is a behemoth hearthpiercer, and the third is a belt that appears to be made of the gunblade's magical material. When the gunblade is changed into either of it's forms, it leaps into the wielders hands, which allows it to be drawn reflexively. The gunblade retains any ammo loaded into it, even when not in it's behemoth heartpiercer form.

What I'm aiming for: An artifact rating of about 4, with a fairly high attunement cost in the 11-15 range. It's a powerful artifact but it is a far cry from being a world shaking 5 dot.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Alex, since the first scene of the game is going to be everyone meeting up and chatting, would you like to start things off and let people finish up their characters while doing the intro scene?  I don't expect a lot of dice rolling during the meet and greet.

ShadowFox89

How exactly are we starting up anyway.... I still need a name for my lunar >.<

I've got her sheet done, sans XP spent. I'll probably spend half the XP on abilities/attributes...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Well apparently this is pure XP...

I'm sorry, that's way too much math for me. I wouldn't even know how to start a sheet, let alone finish one. I'll keep an eye out for the next Exalted game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Guess we're down to just the perfect circle then.

RSGAlex

Then in an hour or so, I'm going to make an OOC thread in Exotic, put up the complete sheets, and start with some preludes while the rest of the sheets come in.

Sound good?

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

AndyZ

Actually, does it need to be in Exotic?  Human should be fine there.  Or did someone want Exotic?

RSGAlex

It's me hedging my bets re: weres and changelings.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.