Taking Star Wars Fandom a bit far, maybe?

Started by Vekseid, November 12, 2011, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/11/jasha_lottin_portland_nudist_b.php <- NOT Safe for Work. Or weak stomachs.

​Jasha Lottin says she can't understand why people are so interested in why she bought a horse, killed it, gutted it, then posed naked for photos inside the carcass and posted them on the Internet.

"No idea why people care," she tells Seattle Weekly.

Lottin, a 21-year-old aspiring model and nudist from Portland was questioned at length by Washington County Sheriff's Deputies recently after she posted on the Internet gory photos of herself naked inside a horse that she bought, shot, gutted, posed naked inside of, and ultimately ate.

olive

Well damn, she certainly set the bar pretty high for the rest of us. I thought -I- was a Star Wars fan.

Seriously, though, I was pretty sickened by the pictures but the animal she used was 32 years old, killed humanely, and more than likely more humanely killed than the Big Mac that ends up on my table, so who am I to judge?

People will do almost anything for attention, sadly. If you've ever seen a deer gutted, the pictures aren't any more extreme than that. The article said she did eat the animal "ultimately." The rolling around in the carcass is a new twist, though.

I wouldn't want to hang out with her or her little buddy but since I eat animals every day, I can't point a fingers at another person who ate what they killed regardless of what happened before it reached the dinner table.

To me, it's more humane to kill what you eat than fuck it. I'm more offended, personally, by depictions of sex with animals. Very interesting article, Veks. Of course it raises ethical issues but no more so than a trip to a commercial chicken farm or a browse through the bestiality sections of the internet.

DudelRok

I'd chalk this up to the age old mantra of: "Some people are just freaking crazy."

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Sabby

So, killing an animal for dinner is fine, but taking an animal out for dinner is inhumane? Horses need love too >.>

Maverick Hunter Cake

Damn, some people really crave attention, don't they? I feel pretty bad for the horse, even if it was killed humanely and eaten. There was no reason for the woman to sit in it, other then to make herself famous through shock value. There's always a better way to make yourself internet famous then sitting in a dead horse, and becoming known for that....This lady probably won't have many friends after this, that's for sure.

Poor Horse....  :-(

Quote from: Sabby on November 12, 2011, 11:51:16 PM
So, killing an animal for dinner is fine, but taking an animal out for dinner is inhumane? Horses need love too >.>

The woman didn't show this horse any love, that's for damn sure.

Oniya

That's the first place I've seen the - deed - associated with Star Wars.  However, if she'd wanted to get it right, she would have waited until the dead of winter.  Oh - and maybe put a parka on.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

yobo

Vekseid

Quote from: Sabby on November 12, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

For me it's mostly a concern of health, really.

Sabby

I'm sure you can get towel sized dental dams somewhere...

Capone

This is HORRIBLE!

A kangaroo would have been a MUCH better animal to use! It's the closest physical form to a Tauntaun we have on Earth, after all.

Quote from: Vekseid on November 13, 2011, 06:37:26 AM
For me it's mostly a concern of health, really.

In all seriousness, this is what came to my mind. It just seems like an invitation for all sorts of problems and diseases down the line. However, considering it was one person's choice to do to themselves rather than force it on others, then at least it'll be more karmic than anything.

Story Tale

Sick sick.. I eat meat, but I don't roll around in it with a psycho grin pasted on my face. I've even seen animals being gutted and cleaned but never have I seen anyone pervert the act the way these two do..

I don't know, to each their own, technically they didn't break any laws. I would be curious, though, to find out just how much respect these people have for anything, if they can do that to an animal. The act in itself is nothing new, people gut and skin animals every day, and many different cultures have painted their bodies with an animals or their enemies blood, or have eaten their organs raw, or even have slept inside corpses to stay alive. The difference though is that these two look like they are doing it as a joke. I would have more respect and understanding for them if they were doing it for religious reasons. At least then there would be some sort of meaning they are taking from this.

Oniya

Quote from: Capone on November 13, 2011, 07:18:24 AM
This is HORRIBLE!

A kangaroo would have been a MUCH better animal to use! It's the closest physical form to a Tauntaun we have on Earth, after all.

I'm so going to hell for laughing at that.  ;D

Naljah's hit the nail on the head, though.  If you're actually freezing or starving to death (and as I recall, the Taun-taun also died before Han sliced it open) then you do what you have to.  You probably even feel a little sick about it later, once you're safe.  If there's a religious reason there's a certain solemnity that comes into it as well.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Silverfyre

I am really surprised no one has made a "Ugh. And I thought they smelled bad on the *outside*" reference.

Oniya

I think most of the Star Wars fans are off doing Wookie impressions in the bathroom.

Shjade

My reaction to this article: Huh.

(It should do it automatically, but if it doesn't, skip to 13:50)
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Rinzler

I personally think she misunderstood the word 'dressage', and thought it meant she ought to wear the beast.

WhiteTigerForever

I'm with Vek, Dudel, Maveric and Oniya on all their posts in this.  Attention whore, sanitation, degradation of the horse and just fucking crazy... now she has her 15 minutes of fame, and lose any real friends she could ever hope to have.  The bizarre nature of the modeling world will love to see the innocence of her covered in blood... Man...... I'm just gonna stick to writing, raising my kids, teaching them to love and respect all life and stay in my own small world. 

And damn... Star Wars is a bullshit excuse... the Kangaroo, in winter with a Parka would have been it.. not her bullshit excuse. 

addition:... If I remember that scene in the movie, it was a life or death situation and the animals insides were grey in color, not bright blood red.  May she live is salmonella and E Coli paradise forever.... :P
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Sabby

You ever gotten a Kangaroo and snow in the same place? >.>

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Sabby on November 14, 2011, 05:27:46 PM
You ever gotten a Kangaroo and snow in the same place? >.>

If it's dead and frozen, you can take it anywhere and thaw it...  :P

Capone

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 14, 2011, 05:26:14 PMIf I remember that scene in the movie, it was a life or death situation and the animals insides were grey in color

I always thought it looked like rice spilled out.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Capone on November 14, 2011, 06:32:17 PM
I always thought it looked like rice spilled out.

aaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha ha.. right?

Sabby

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 14, 2011, 05:33:34 PM

If it's dead and frozen, you can take it anywhere and thaw it...  :P

Whoosh, right over.

WhiteTigerForever

nope.. not right over, right on the money ;) 

oh and btw, have you? lol! hee hee :-*

Oniya

Sabby's got a better chance of it than the rest of us - just not for another 6 months.  ;)

WhiteTigerForever

ha ha ha ha ha ha.. prolly sooooo XD... but why wait the 6 mos?