Dominant Vampire Seeks Ophelia

Started by TheMarquis, August 04, 2012, 01:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarquis

This is my first ever attempt at RP and so whomever is interested, please bear with me if there are glitches or the occasional confused moment on my part. I'd prefer a one-to-one with a female, or someone who is transgender -simply because the feminine truth will inspire me to greater things.

However, once in the world we create there will be no confusion.

I am seeking someone who is able and excited at the prospect of being a modern day Waterhouse's Ophelia. Her dreams are dark and the world she is in is lacking...something. She knows not what.

I am the Marquis. Trapped by a spell of unbearable power and only able to be broken by the song of a virgin who has never heard of me and yet calls out to me by name.

Tempt me: I dare you.

Dez

TheMarquis

If we both play our roles right then I'll be doing the biting!
Well, to start with at least...

Now you'll have to assist me a little with RP/E etiquette-
do we now start a new thread somewhere else?

(I won't always be this green and  promise I'm a fast learner!)

And I'm delighted with the bite...

Dez

In the Non-Adult Sandbox area, right below this "Non-Adult Roleplay Requests" is an area where you can begin your thread.

We can use this thread for any questions, as I'm sure I will have plenty!

TheMarquis

FallenTears

can i be a vampire! i love vampires! plz plz i can fit the role!

Dez

Quote from: TheMarquis on August 04, 2012, 11:46:10 PM
I've attempted to start a thread here...https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=108.0

Yep!!... We can use -this- thread for OOC purposes as well as getting to know likes and dislikes if you wish and the link that you provided for the story.

TheMarquis

Quote from: FallenTears on August 05, 2012, 01:41:05 AM
can i be a vampire! i love vampires! plz plz i can fit the role!

Dear FallenTears, I would be delighted at some point in time to make your acquaintance as a fellow vampire. However, as this is my very first emergence into this world I would prefer to be guided and cajoled by a single deity.

Why not set up your own RP here? I would love to follow a kindred vampire's adventures!

TheMarquis

Quote from: Whimsical on August 05, 2012, 05:10:45 AM
Yep!!... We can use -this- thread for OOC purposes as well as getting to know likes and dislikes if you wish and the link that you provided for the story.

Great!

And to illustrate just what a beginner I am, I had to Google 'ODC' and in a very perplexed manner went through an acronym site where Orthogonal Defect Classification seemed to be the best fit, but only served to confuse me more.

Once I'd realised that my slight hangover had warped the second O, It all became clear! (Proudly pats himself on the back and munches a digestive)

I can say my only literary gripe is concerning text-speak but that is obviously something I need never worry about with you -however, you did mention to list dislikes and that is really the only one I can think of. I think you've read my questionnaire so you'll know that the other things that leave me cold is Hatred or possibly Cruelty, OOC, (damn, I'm getting the hang of it!). 

My loves are many and is probably an impossible list! However, the chief love I am bubbling over about here is the fact that there are fellow souls who are able -with just a few words -create a spark inside me that lights up a place I really and truly had forgotten all about.

What about you?

Dez

And to illustrate just what a beginner I am, I had to Google 'ODC' and in a very perplexed manner went through an acronym site where Orthogonal Defect Classification seemed to be the best fit, but only served to confuse me more. === I am SO, SO sorry!!!! I assumed (such an interesting word, that) that you were a wee bit savvy with some roleplay or other terms... should you need definitions in future, please let me know and remind me that you are a beginner --- *blushes profusely*

Once I'd realised that my slight hangover had warped the second O, It all became clear! (Proudly pats himself on the back and munches a digestive) == *giggles*

I can say my only literary gripe is concerning text-speak but that is obviously something I need never worry about with you -however, you did mention to list dislikes and that is really the only one I can think of. I think you've read my questionnaire so you'll know that the other things that leave me cold is Hatred or possibly Cruelty, OOC, (damn, I'm getting the hang of it!).  == Why yes you are!!! Bravo!!! - 

My loves are many and is probably an impossible list! However, the chief love I am bubbling over about here is the fact that there are fellow souls who are able -with just a few words -create a spark inside me that lights up a place I really and truly had forgotten all about.

What about you? == My love are many as well, more the creation of stories and other fares as two imaginations join together to weave magic!!!

Fellow souls abound here... you and I are but a few in a sea of many... and those gathered here enjoy weaving; wording; creating and other things!! as much as you and I. You will always have some company in that regard!!

TheMarquis

Please do not apologise for using terminology I should be either expected to know -or make the effort in deciphering! Once that pesky second O made itself known it was just a matter of connecting the circuit buried under last night's excesses.

Can I ask you something? If you had a quote that could possibly serve as a family motto or guiding principle what would it be?

I only ask because -although perhaps not being a guiding principle as such -every time I reach a moment or point in my life where reality and the magic within make themselves known -the following phrase leaps into my mind. I have no idea who originally said it:

'Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.'

Dez

Please do not apologise for using terminology I should be either expected to know -or make the effort in deciphering! Once that pesky second O made itself known it was just a matter of connecting the circuit buried under last night's excesses. -- You are too kind... still... in the future if you do need help with something let me know. And if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does!

Can I ask you something? If you had a quote that could possibly serve as a family motto or guiding principle what would it be? -- I don't really have one to be honest with you. I try to live life daily rather than plan ahead sort of thing. We all know that sometimes even the best made plans go awry! Sorry... I couldn't resist.

On a side note, though I have no idea where this came from, I am quite fond of the following: If the silence is not understood, how then will the words be, when spoken?

I only ask because -although perhaps not being a guiding principle as such -every time I reach a moment or point in my life where reality and the magic within make themselves known -the following phrase leaps into my mind. I have no idea who originally said it:

'Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.' == Hmmm... I'm not sure either, but I like it. Sort of reminds me of past and classic television such as "The Twilight Zone" or "Alfred Hitchcock's Hour" or even a story or snippet from a Ray Bradbury novel!

TheMarquis

Yes, indeed it does work with those old TV shows and Ray's writing. What it tells me is not to think too much about things -just accept and be.

And I am liking greatly the quote on silence. Those who can hear the silence will hear the deepest part of those around them.

I'd like to introduce my character to you, if I may? And hope that I will meet with your approval and thus to a story....

Character: The Marquis

Born: 1696, Rouen.

Physical characteristics: Tall, lean, hawkish nose and piercing Asiatic eyes that lead many to accuse his mother of having betrayed her virtue.

A duellist and necromancer. Killed by a single bullet to the heart aged thirty three. Resurrected by the Circle of Seven -a cabal of vampires who have remained hidden throughout the ages and within society. They remain distinct and separate from other vampiric sects (of which there are many) in that they are inexplicably drawn to humans and human destiny. Through secret rituals and a supreme sacrifice they are able to interbreed with humans. My mother was one such human favoured and loved by a vampire. I have never met my birth father. My imprisoning at the hands of an opposing coven of vampires took place during the Battle of Alma in 1854.

I am unable to resist their power as they have unnamed me and thus I am without the spell, or means to find it, until my real name is discovered.

Dez

Character: Ophelia

Born: London, 1889

Physical charateristics: Short, slender, aristocratic nose with brown eyes, red hair. Virginial; somewhat introverted.

A thinker and dreamer who sometimes walks the streets (never at night however) and has day-fantasies / dreams of an unknown man... at night the image is a bit more clear but still out of reach and out of focus. Her dream are dark and often leave her breathless when she wakes due to.. what? That, she doesn't know, but hopes to discover....

I do hope that this is adequate and correct with what you had in mind. Please let me know if it is not so I might edit and make it so.

TheMarquis

That is perfect. I can see your features already and start to feel your searching through time and space.

if you're ready, I would very much like to begin the story -but do please be encouraged to guide me on the right path should I stray from the RP element, or perhaps lose a sense of the balance between the story and RP? Really, Whimsical, I am entering such new territory that I feel almost as lost as our unnamed Marquis...

Shall we move over to the RP Page -or is there more you would like to ask me or tell me about yourself?

Dez

I do believe I'm ready milord Marquis!!!

And yes, move our thread to the roleplay section and let the games begin!!!

*smiles sweetly*

FallenTears

ok sorry im late to respond but i will keep that in mind :) hope to see you in one of my role plays

TheMarquis

Quote from: FallenTears on August 05, 2012, 04:24:49 PM
ok sorry im late to respond but i will keep that in mind :) hope to see you in one of my role plays

I hope to see you in an adventure very soon!

TheMarquis

Quote from: Whimsical on August 05, 2012, 04:23:55 PM
I do believe I'm ready milord Marquis!!!

And yes, move our thread to the roleplay section and let the games begin!!!

*smiles sweetly*

Our story awaits you, dear Lady...

Dez

Aye.... it does.... I believe my posts will increase, milord Marquis..... of that I have no doubt.

TheMarquis

Quote from: Whimsical on August 05, 2012, 05:41:38 PM
Aye.... it does.... I believe my posts will increase, milord Marquis..... of that I have no doubt.

And the same here, m'Lady.

This afternoon I have been waylaid by a 'little' challenge from ThatRPGuy. He is a master, I have realised. Asks you seemingly simple questions that take hours and hours to reply properly to. And then, when I do, I realise that I've gone off on a huge tangent.

Now you have my full attention -as it should always be.

TheMarquis

Dearest Whimsical, I've just noticed you've replied in the other RP thread. Great! For a moment there I'd wondered if I'd lost your interest. I'm delighted you've posted.

I'll be back home in a few hours and can't wait to move the story along!

Dez

Uhmm.... I was under the impression milord Marquis, that the other thread WAS the roleplay thread, and that this thread would be used for discussions and whatnot.... Unless I misunderstood?

TheMarquis

Indeed it is. I'd not seen a reply there until just now-hence why I'm dropping you an OOC note  here. If that makes sense. Also I feel a little sheepish as I'd made a coomemt in the Cafe thread about my RP with you seeming to fizzle out. Seems I was wrong.

Maybe I'm getting antsy all round...5 days and still no approval!!

See you on the other side...

Dez

*chuckles* Understand about the antsy part and all... as for our RP fizzling.. erm... no.. I have other stories that I answer to, plus I do not reply to any stories while I'm at work... to the Introduction threads, Doormat and some of the games in the Socializing portion of the board, yes...

Besides... I don't want the distractions I get at work when responding.. every post requires and gets my undivided attention! *winks* Just like our RP does... enjoy!!