SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: LunarSage on January 02, 2013, 03:06:38 PM
Remember, we're saying no to surge in this game, Callie.

Oh..never saw that.. was waiting for a response before hand.. and saw nothing..

Sorry about hassling you guys.. I'll see if I can think up something that works.. (Shame.. Syn was 90% done)

LunarSage

I want to reiterate again to folks reading that the stats in this game are largely to aid in the RP.  I don't want people to get intimidated by the numbers.  I've really gone out of my way to keep it all as simple as I could.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 03:25:52 PM
I'd rather keep it the way it is, because as-written that means you basically have to be an Elf in order to be an effective Face, since there's no cyber/bioware that increases mental stats as-printed. If they are printed later, they can be balanced appropriately.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

You can be effective at anything without being a minmaxer :P

Keep in mind this isn't a System game. If it starts leaning into that I may back out on having so much invested stick to just one character.

My mechanic girl.. cuz.. Girls just wanna have funnnn.. Specially with her Garage girls. :P

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 02, 2013, 03:34:50 PM
Oh..never saw that.. was waiting for a response before hand.. and saw nothing..

Sorry about hassling you guys.. I'll see if I can think up something that works.. (Shame.. Syn was 90% done)

Sorry, it was part of this post earlier this morning.

Ciosa

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I have a dilemma now.  I'm leaning toward just making the x2 max apply to mental and physical stats.  That way I won't have to alter the magic and matrix stuff and later when we introduce cyber/bioware that can increase mental stats, it'll give them more meaning.

I built my character under that presumption, actually - especially after the convo we had re: Matrix characters.  I read it as all stars were maxed at x2, and x4 was a hard limit with augmentation.  I'd prefer it be ketp that way, but if it changes, I'd like to tweak my character.

LunarSage

Ciosa, send me a tweaked sheet and we'll see about getting it updated.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: LunarSage on January 02, 2013, 03:37:20 PM
Sorry, it was part of this post earlier this morning.

Bummer..think that this would make for an intersting (if sexy) troll adept of some sort?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Josietta

>.>  interesting..

.. though not all that sexy to me.. but thats just me..

Umm so I was wondering... since character photos for SR are harder to find what you want.. and some may accidentally choose the same as others without knowing it cuz we dont' have our sheets up yet.. is there any way we can get WIPs to you?  Or something?  Like.. to post a basic idea/concept  Age/looks/pic.. and then do all the extras as we go?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Sure, we can do that.  Just send it to me and Michael by PM.

LunarSage

I need to take a break from E for an hour or two.  I'm beyond frazzled with all this preparing.  I owe posts in other games and I swore I'd do them today.  I'll be back at around 7pm EST and in the meantime Michael can answer some of your questions.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: LunarSage on January 02, 2013, 04:08:29 PM
I need to take a break from E for an hour or two.  I'm beyond frazzled with all this preparing.  I owe posts in other games and I swore I'd do them today.  I'll be back at around 7pm EST and in the meantime Michael can answer some of your questions.

I'll do my best to help and if I don't know... I'll pretend.  ;D
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

bubby

Ugh. So even after all the reading, the closest I've come to even figuring anything out is Race. So I'm going to just say this isn't for me. Good gaming everyone!!

Pumpkin Seeds

Michael Corvus

Quote from: bubby on January 02, 2013, 04:14:27 PM
Ugh. So even after all the reading, the closest I've come to even figuring anything out is Race. So I'm going to just say this isn't for me. Good gaming everyone!!

If you want to play but would like some help getting your character creation rolling, send me a PM. I'll be happy to help. :)
The Oath of The Drake

bubby

*Acks and snickers and pets Pumpkin*

Why hello there..

I'll ponder that Corvus. I'm off to work for the night, so if I change my mind I'll PM you tomorrow.

Dhi

Quote from: LunarSage on January 02, 2013, 11:13:37 AM
Dhi, that sounds pretty badass.  :-)
:-*

Quote from: Josietta on January 02, 2013, 12:35:21 PM
Btw.. Lottie is hot.. just sayin'.
Haha, thanks! I'm thinking her shredded top has suffered a machinegun-related accident.

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 01:45:11 PM
Dhi, love your character concept! She and her street name kicks ass!
I'm really glad to hear you folks like the character so far. It's always been sort of a hard line for me to toe in Shadowrun, creating a character who is not too nice to shoot someone for wearing the wrong uniform, but also likable as a person.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 02, 2013, 02:54:00 PM
So happy!  I found a song for my Street Mage.
Do you have a link? I love songs for characters. I put together playlists for a couple of my D&D characters to help me get into the right mood to play them.

I'd like to sync up Lottie's history with some other characters. The chop shop sounds like fun. Can I be the Double D's hacker? I think I have room on my sheet for Driving and a rigged vehicle.

Josietta

Quote from: LunarSage on January 02, 2013, 04:05:59 PM
Sure, we can do that.  Just send it to me and Michael by PM.

PM'd your way. I'd post them here too but I'll let you put them in the character thread instead of cluttering up the box here.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Callie Del Noire

Josietta

Quote from: Dhi on January 02, 2013, 04:22:03 PM

I'd like to sync up Lottie's history with some other characters. The chop shop sounds like fun. Can I be the Double D's hacker? I think I have room on my sheet for Driving and a rigged vehicle.

Yay!! I will add you to our little group!  :)  We're chatting in PMs about it. SO be prepared for bombardment!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 02, 2013, 04:24:55 PM
Hmm.. you ladies still need a driver?

I'm thinking that we all are drivers and mechanics/riggers.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 02, 2013, 04:24:55 PM
Hmm.. you ladies still need a driver?

I'm actually helping someone out with that character concept as we speak... for the Double D's that is. But that doesn't mean you can't create another wheelman.

*Edit*

Quote from: Josietta on January 02, 2013, 04:26:54 PM
I'm thinking that we all are drivers and mechanics/riggers.

Or... that. lol *shrugs*
The Oath of The Drake

bubby

Is there a link to the char thread, or is that not open to view? It might help me suss one out.

Pumpkin Seeds

Michael Corvus

The Oath of The Drake

Michael Corvus

The Oath of The Drake