Digimon: Digital Champions [Interest Check]

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 05, 2016, 07:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Leki

I was actually thinking the same thing as Kiric xD
Not sure if that 'thanks' was laced with sarcasm or not, I doubt it... but still xD

I'd personally prefer anime, or at least artistic representations.
Photography works for many RP's, but I'd have trouble picturing the somewhat cartoonish styled caricatures that are digimon, standing besides real people. It's a trivial matter, but it just feels a bit... odd?
Either way there are plenty of anime styled images if you know where to look :P

As for digimon and their shapes, I'm fine with the more beastly types as well, but it's more the youthful look that bothers me.
The Japanese term for rookie digimon is essentially characters experiencing their growth spurt, and that's a bit too kiddy for comfort in my mind. Gatomon is cute, but honestly not smut material for me. That said there are some exceptions like Renamon who categorize as rookie but seem older than Gatomon, Agumon etc.
I know the Real-Vergil stated "Sex will be allowed, but won't be the main focus" so it's not an imminent issue, but if it'll be present, I figure it applies regardless.

Kiric Rand

Yeah, I think I agree with the more artistic/anime, it feels more natural alongside the digimon characters.

[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm just not that good at finding Anime Faceclaims. XD

And by "Sex," I meant between the 18 year old humans. Somehow I think that sex with Greymon, for example, might actually kill you. :P

EDIT:

Yes, that "Thanks" was very sarcastic :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

DomJoe

I'm putting down for potential interest, although I will definitely want to wait and see how this pans out before I make any plans.

I will say that I am rather flexible, and I could see myself playing a human, digimon, or both. I will also say that I am horribly rusty with the series, and I am likely to not know most of it, especially the later iterations (4th season is where I stopped following it at all, and I stopped following diligently by 2nd season).

Vergil Tanner

Haha, don't worry about THAT. I myself am fairly rusty so I'll be googling a lot of the lore and making the rest up as I go along :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Leki

Well if being familiar with the lore was a prerequisite I'd be screwed over xD
Watched most of the first season and an on/off basis.
Skipped the latter half of the second season.
Only watched the first few episodes of the third...
And fourth I didn't even know existed, nevermind any seasons that came after.

... Why am I even expressing interest in this when I clearly am not a huge fan of the series? xD
It sounds fun? Maybe?

Aida Rose

I'm pretty sure I watched Digimon from beginning to end as a kid but I was young enough that television seasons didn't really mean anything to me so x) but I remember loving it when I watched it. If you're not full up on people, I'm maybe interested.

Vergil Tanner

I honestly have no idea if I'm full up or not :P I'll be sure to give a basic rundown of the relevant info when I eventually get the Seeking Thread up...in this universe, the TV series never happened so this is the first lot of Digi-Destined in the world. :-)

I'm just whipping up the Bio so it's ready, then I'll start work on the Seeking Thread. :-)

pendarious

I've watched the first four seasons I gave up on the fifth about 4 episodes in and I've played Digimon Rumble Arena, Digimon World 1 and 3 plus I've beaten Cyber Sleuth
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vergil Tanner

I'm on the last chapter in Cyber Sleuth, I'm just doing my usual OCD "Must Get Everything" thing where I'm trying to collect all the Mega Level Digimon. My final obstacle is that fucking Lucemon Three Stage Fight. >_>

Kiric Rand

I haven't played the game... but Lucemon.... ug
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vergil Tanner

Kiric Rand

I just remember him from the show, so I can only imagine fighting him
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vergil Tanner

Ugh, he was an utter bastard. I beat him though, just now! SO MANY STATUS EFFECTS. And an attack that has a chance to Instakill. And SO MANY ATTACKS. Seriously, he got, like four attacks in a row at several points. >.<
It took me a combination of WarGreymon, Ultraforce Veedramon, Marine Angemon and Mastemon to beat the little bitch. XD

pendarious

yeah that fight sucks balls especially the third part where you have to let him more or less kill himself otherwise you can't hurt him at all. The first two fights aren't as bad as long as you Have Ulforce-Veedramon and at least one healer but otherwise that fight sucks soooooo much.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Vergil Tanner

Ugh, tell me about it. Now I'm fighting Lilithmon, and whilst I think I can beat her, it's just tedious. >.<

pendarious

she's really tanky but you can burn through her HP pretty quick if you use a vaccine type digimon.

Vergil Tanner

Nah, it was her constant Status Effects that got irritating. I just spammed Mastemon's 25% attack and my Beelzemon Burst Mode's (I nicknamed him Beelzebob) Corona Destroyer. Just about to kill Leviamon and end this DLC Chain. I already have my Ultimate ready to Digivolve into Dianamon, at which point I FINALLY have all the Mega's and am ready to complete the game...and move onto the recent Witcher 3 DLC. >.>

Kiric Rand

I guess I am going to have to give this game a try
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vergil Tanner

Oh, as much as I'm bitching about some of the bosses, it's well worth it. I mean, my game time is now about 240 hours, so...it kept me interested at least. Of course, if you want all the Mega's, start with three Platinum Numenon's with the EXP boosting accessory. It will cut down Grinding time MASSIVELY. It IS a JRPG, so....every exploit helps. XD

pendarious

yeah I got every available mega plus the ultra levels that are available AND got them all to max level so i was captivated for a while.. I won't say much but the last boss isn't that difficult though Imperialdramon Paladin mode for the Royal Knights cases is a real pain in the arse because he spams omni sword

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]

Amarlo

I'm really looking forward to this roleplay :D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: pendarious on June 07, 2016, 01:52:47 PMImperialdramon Paladin mode for the Royal Knights cases is a real pain in the arse because he spams omni sword

Really? After losing once to him - I didn't expect the Omni Sword - I beat him the next time by just taking Jesmon and using that Damage Cancelling Ability on him. No biggy. :P

I know you are, Ammy :P :P

Oh, on that note, the Seeking Thread should be up either tonight or tomorrow morning :-)