Anyone up for a good ole fashion American Spaghetti Western?

Started by BlackestKnight, May 04, 2013, 11:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Six-shooters , saloons, corsets, hats by the gallon. That sort of thing

Note: This thread is pretty much for pre-game planning and plot speculation purposes. Not an actual Interest Check though I don't mind if people voiced their support.

Haven't really thought out all the details yet but I'm thinking something along the lines of a Django Unchained inspired game set in a burgeoning industry  town circa 1874 , one of America's first flourishing "big cities" out west.

The town itself exists inside a neutral territory jointly shared by the natives and non-natives alike, though there could be some dispute that makes it so that there could be some potential land grabs from the U.S.  government sometime in the games story.   Also I'm thinking there could be some sort of conflict or multiple conflicts facing the town. One I could think of is race relations. You have people coming from all parts parts of the country and even outside like immigrants,  not necessarily getting along in any utopian sense,  but working, drinking and occasionally enjoying each others bed company from time-to-time all the same . There really is no sort of law forbidding hooking up with whomever you want, though there is no law to protect you either. The town is currently in a sort of martial law state with race riots and what not, the last sheriff was hanged and the mayor wants to install a new sheriff though the position is so toxic no one wants it because it means you'll be making an enemy out of one group or another .

Here comes the green outsider(my character) to assume the role of Sheriff of Sugartown and shake things up. For this roleplay I'll need a decent sized cast. I don't care too much about gender, but I need some outside the box type people to carry the game and keep things fascinating. Not everyone can be a morally enlightened progressive Dr. Schultz type character, I find these characters in abundance boring. Nor do I want everyone to be over-the-top nazi's either. I want people to take liberty in the fact that the game is set in the 1800s but also grow and develop in a way that feels comfortable for them.  I don't know what the full cast will look like, but here are some important roles that I'll need.

Roles

Wealthy person who "owns" the town:

Mayor:

Sheriff: Reserved
Deputy:

Saloon/Brothel Owner:

General goods store owner:

Town Physician:

Town Stone Mason/Builder:

Town Blacksmith:

Local troublemaker:

Preacher man:

School Teacher:

Mortician:

Banker:

Pony Express:

Horse Caretaker:

IrishWolf

I'm in and I've got my eye on the Deputy position. Thinking a Civil War veteran from the famed Irish Brigade, immigrant who lived in New York before heading west after the war, agreed to be a deputy if the Mayor could find someone willing to be the Sheriff.

Wargtass

O/O

TheHangedOne

Hmm.  I don't suppose a "lone wanderer" type would work well, would it? I'm thinking about Shane (the 50's movie). Just looking for a place to finally settle down, but it might not be that easy for him to hang up his gun belt just yet.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

BlackestKnight

This game is gonna have to wait or at least take the back burner to my other projects, I wish people would have shown this level of  interest earlier before I bothered to make the Devil's bargain thread. Unless I can get a co-gm, I don't see this getting off anytime soon.

NiceTexasGuy

I regret I didn't post something sooner -- just sent you a PM regarding my idea for a character.  Not sure if I'm up for a GM role, I'm sure there are others who would do a better job of it, but I won't rule it out just yet. 

I'll be standing by to see if anyone else decides to respond.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

BlackestKnight

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 08, 2013, 01:24:15 PM
Hmm.  I don't suppose a "lone wanderer" type would work well, would it? I'm thinking about Shane (the 50's movie). Just looking for a place to finally settle down, but it might not be that easy for him to hang up his gun belt just yet.

I don't mind a few lone wanderer type characters as long as you make yourself of use in some way to the town.