Fashion Affairs - [Modern | Drama| Delicious Plots | LGBTQA+] [See last post]

Started by Nico, July 11, 2016, 10:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Nico

We are not actively recruiting right now, but we are always open to hear peoples ideas/concepts. Approval will happen on a case-by-case basis. We do not want to get too big. But if we are presented a really good concept, we might make an exception. It is essential to read the first post of this thread and click through the links. If you have questions, please ask them here in this thread. Thank you! :-)

Nico

-GM Notice-

Since we had someone drop out because of health and RL reasons - The spot of a Personal Assistant to my character here has become vacant!

Nico

I am still looking for a PA for one of my characters. Their gender/identity/orientation is completely irrelevant. See above post. ;D

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Nico

Quote from: lovelylilT on August 19, 2016, 11:08:56 AM
I'm interested in playing PA, what are you needing?
As I said, a PA for the character that's lined above. ;)

Other than this, it is entirely up to you. We do not tell people how to make their characters. We empathize that things eventually will fall into place, instead of demanding certain 'types'. Individuality in characters is one of our top-priority in the group.

Just make sure to read all the information from the first post. It's really essential. :-)

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Oh ok, that's good! I just didn't know, if you wanted me posting my character idea here, first, or PMing you a character sheet.

Nico

Quote from: lovelylilT on August 19, 2016, 11:54:08 AM
Oh ok, that's good! I just didn't know, if you wanted me posting my character idea here, first, or PMing you a character sheet.
You can either post something here, or send it to the GMs. -nodnod- Both is fine.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Here is my character idea, I hope it's ok!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Yelena Solova is just nineteen, she's daughter of a Russian diplomat. She wants, very much, for working in the fashion industry. But she's spoiled rich girl, she doesn't ever work hard before, or at an office. She does want doing a good job, and pleasing her boss, but she gets frustrated easy. She pouts and throws tantrums, when she doesn't get her way. And, she likes flirting with people, for getting them doing her work!

Yelena loves to party, she maybe drinks too much when she goes out. She loves both boys and girls, no preferences. She never falls in love before, but has many, many one nights stands. She is very playful, and sweet, with her friends. She talks before she thinks, sometimes, that gets her in trouble! And she's exhibitionist, too, which is fun, but also gets her in trouble!

Nico

Personally, I'm not comfortable with someone so young as my characters PA. Because she doesn't have any experience at that age and a PA for him certainly would need vast experience because, realistically, he has no time to teach her and he wouldn't bother because that's how he is. An intern would be a completely different premise, but a PA really needs experience, connections, know their way around, etc. If you read his sheet, he's an international designer and his PA would have to be top notch.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Nico

Beguile's Mistress

Yelena looks like an interesting character, though.  Maybe it would work if she were older and a little bit more settled but because she has led a somewhat sheltered life so far her lack of life experience gets her into some difficulties.  She could have done some work for her father or mother that would give her some of the job experience she needs.  I don't know if you can write that in or not.

Nico

Yep, a PA for my designer needs experience because otherwise he wouldn't consider it. He's a perfectionist, pedantic when he wants to be and highly professional and he wouldn't take second best for that job. It should be someone who is at least somewhat settled in the industry.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 23, 2016, 09:51:57 AM
Yelena looks like an interesting character, though.  Maybe it would work if she were older and a little bit more settled but because she has led a somewhat sheltered life so far her lack of life experience gets her into some difficulties.  She could have done some work for her father or mother that would give her some of the job experience she needs.  I don't know if you can write that in or not.

I thought someone young, and lacking experience, maybe would make for fun drama. I'm sorry that's not fitting what you want though.

I think if I can change her, so she's not as bad for this game.

Nico

Quote from: lovelylilT on August 23, 2016, 10:19:22 AM
I thought someone young, and lacking experience, maybe would make for fun drama. I'm sorry that's not fitting what you want though.

I think if I can change her, so she's not as bad for this game.
Oh, don't be sorry. :-)

A person doesn't have to be so young to lack experience in certain aspects of life. ;) She still can lack it, just not in the professional department.

Beguile's Mistress

*nods*  I've known some people who were terrific PAs but were kind of challenged in other areas like relationships and things.  She could have a wild social life as long as she does her job like a champ.  The fun with this character would be how she manages to do both.

Nico

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 23, 2016, 11:39:08 AM
*nods*  I've known some people who were terrific PAs but were kind of challenged in other areas like relationships and things.  She could have a wild social life as long as she does her job like a champ.  The fun with this character would be how she manages to do both.
Exactly! It also would give a character a lot of depth. Nobody is perfect and everyone sucks at one thing or the other. ~nodnod~

orderNchaos

So just to clarify are you looking for new characters or not?  The title for the last post actually says closed.

I could see myself coming up with either a manager or a house representative.  I think the manager position could lead to some fun interactions.  Someone strong and sleazy!  ;)

CShades

It comes and goes!

Nic reopened it to ask for a PA for the Roberto character, but as I said before we have lost a writer or two, so if you have a good idea for a character, feel free to send it to us (this is true even when we are closed, generally speaking) and we'll definitely work with you.

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Nico

Quote from: CShades on August 25, 2016, 06:29:10 PM
It comes and goes!

Nic reopened it to ask for a PA for the Roberto character, but as I said before we have lost a writer or two, so if you have a good idea for a character, feel free to send it to us (this is true even when we are closed, generally speaking) and we'll definitely work with you.

This!

You are more than welcome to send us a character and we will work from there. :-)

Nico

And since we are striving for balance - as of now we will not accept any more female characters. Male and trans characters only for the time being!

Nico

On another note - I am still looking for a PA for my designer!

Happy Sunday!

Nico

The PA spot has been taken!

We only accept male or trans male characters right now.

Ambie

Super interested in this but I need to wait for the ratio to clear/open up.