Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Just as long as you know that sort of thing would probably be highly frowned upon by the other X-Men.  :P

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Box

Yeah.. frowned upon indeed. Also: Lunar, I tossed you a pm. :3
Le'Kinks (As a quick reference, that is!)
On/Off Thread
Solo ideas/Some Group ideas
And: A bunny (/(o.o))

Caela

Looks like a good game y'all have going on. Looking through your Information and Relationship thread (very cool set up there btw) it looks like a lot of fun. Are you still taking new players or set up with the new ones you've already got?

bubby

LunarSage

Caela and bubby:  Heya ladies!  ;D

We'd love to have you two join us! 

Shadowcat is already being played but you're more than welcome to create an original character (either a student or a new X-Man, full or probationary) and come join the fun! 

bubby

LunarSage

Aww I'm sure you could.  I'd even be willing to help you create a character if you'd like.  Your choice in the end though.  We get to play together either way.  :-)

Caela

Yay! Going to work on an original character sheet. With so many established relationships I am thinking a new student if that's all right.

LunarSage

A new student would be great!  It's still the evening of the first day of school... the next day is Saturday and there's a field trip to Salem Center planned for the (PC) students, chaperoned by Logan and Jean.

Caela

The field trip would be the perfect place for her to run into folks. Am thinking some sort of water manipulation for powers. Going to sleep on it and will work her up in my head at work tomorrow. Will try to write her up tomorrow evening or Monday after work. :D

LunarSage

Awesome.  Take your time.  We're still in some solid evening RP before we transition to the next day.  :-)

PigPin

I'm interested.  Archangel, the one with the metal wings, is intriguing to me. 

LunarSage

Very nice.  Warren is definitely available.  Are you familiar with the character?

Go ahead and work up a character sheet and send it to myself, Josietta and EbonyQueen.

bubby

LunarSage

FrostShifter

LunarSage

He certainly is!  Just work up a sheet of your own and send it to myself, Josietta and EbonyQueen or you can use a modified sheet of the one already posted here.  The player who was originally going to play Gambit disappeared and never actually made an IC post for him... that was some months back so we decided to move on and reopen his spot.  :-)

FrostShifter

LunarSage

I'm going to close recruitment for now.  Those who have already expressed interest still have their in, so no worries.

LunarSage

Recruitment is temporarily open for this game again.  We need a Cyclops pretty badly, but original characters, male and female are as always welcome.  We're a large game well on our way to having our own subsection (big game status).

We do need players who can commit to posting frequently enough that the game doesn't stagnate, so I ask that any interested RPers be able to commit to being able to post frequently enough that no more than 2-3 days pass when it's their turn to post. 

This game has plot and substance... it's looking to be an absolute blast! 

LunarSage

Still need a Cyclops or new original characters.  If interested, let me know in this thread or by PM to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen.

The mansion is currently under assault by mutant hunting Sentinels and the hapless students went on a field trip only to find themselves in Arcade's MURDERWORLD!  Action and drama await!

AribethAmkiir

Is it permissible to put our own spin on canon characters, like in Teen Avengers, or do we need to try and stick to the canon characters and personalities as closely as possible?

As far as non-canon, what limitations should be placed on them?

LunarSage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on February 06, 2012, 11:25:23 PM
Is it permissible to put our own spin on canon characters, like in Teen Avengers, or do we need to try and stick to the canon characters and personalities as closely as possible?

We're looking for pretty close to canon in this game, though you are welcome to do your own take on personalities as long as it's fairly close to the original from the comics.  Remember the game is set in 2011 but things are as they were in the mid 90s in the X-Books.  There's a timeline under "Important History" in the Information Thread that should be read to get an idea of everything.  If you would like, there is also a synopsis of gameplay so far on page one of the OOC Thread.

QuoteAs far as non-canon, what limitations should be placed on them?

Think the power levels of your average X-Man in the comics.  Nothing cosmically powerful, but enough to make you super and able to be a superhero.  If you aren't sure, PM me, Josietta and EbonyQueen with your idea and we'll let you know if it's kosher.  :-)

It's all about protecting a world that hates and fears you.

Alysanthia

>.>

*Places a tiny little interest mark.*

<.<

*Sneaks back out.*

LunarSage